Getting Lucky Ch. 02

Story Info
Has his luck run out?
4.4k words
4.71
45.5k
21

Part 2 of the 5 part series

Updated 10/22/2022
Created 01/23/2008
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
nerd4music
nerd4music
1,624 Followers

Monday morning came too early for Sean. He had to admit, spending those days with Nina made him indescribably happy. The way she would smile at him sometimes. Damn, it made his heart quicken. Somewhere in his mind he worried if he was falling too hard, that things were going so well and so fast that the other shoe was bound to fall, and hard.

He tried to push those things from his mind as he focused on the Morelli case. Even though Enzio Morelli was in police custody, many of his goons were not.

With their boss behind bars, there would be many capos and made guys vying for the spot of the brand new Don. It was only a matter of time before the Morelli crime syndicate completely imploded.

All the NYPD had to do watch sit back and collect the criminals.

Sean and his team had collected enough evidence through their informant as well as others who had turned state's evidence about Enzio's shady dealings. Sean and Angie had been working on this case for nearly two years.

Whenever they found a witness brave enough to step forward and testify against Morelli for drug smuggling, prostitution, whatever he dealt with, said witness would end up dead. When Sean first saw the crime scene photos, he nearly became sick.

Enzio and his crew wouldn't just shoot someone. No, that was too kind. The bodies looked like they were beaten, and badly. Their throats would be slit, a bullet to the brain, and just for fun, Morelli would have their tongues cut out.

As a little gift for the NYPD, a dead rat was always left somewhere at the crime scene. The message was clear: a dead rat is a quiet rat. Enzio Morelli was merciless. He used a heavy hand with his crew and an ever heavier hand with his enemies.

Now that the bastard was off the streets, a feeling of victory ran through the precinct. There was still plenty of work to do to get the rest of the Morelli scumbag crew off the streets, but with the plethora of evidence from phone records, surveillance tapes, and wired conversations of Morelli giving orders to have witnesses and their families extinguished, they had more than enough to make sure the piece of shit stayed behind bars for the rest of his life.

Sean walked into the precinct with renewed fervor. It was back to work, back to the grind. He was accosted by Lieutenant Adams when he was about to head into his office.

"Reilly," he barked, not even bothering to start with a greeting. "Got someone in interrogation for you."

"Seriously? Who is it Lou?" Sean removed his jacket and straightened his gun holster.

Adams handed Sean a manila folder. "Jake Morelli."

Sean whistled. Jake 'The Kid' Morelli was the younger brother of Enzio. A pretty boy, he fashioned himself a gangster, using his brother's dirty money to get him into the hottest New York nightclubs and a mention somewhere on Page Six.

At 21, the kid was a total wannabe.

Sean guessed he must have watched Goodfellas one too many times.

"What's that schmuck doing here? You think he's connected with the evidence from his brother?"

Adams shook his head. "Nah, not that fuck-up. Police caught him earlier this morning leaving the 40/40 club in a Navigator that was reported stolen earlier last evening."

Sean grinned. Today was shaping up quite nicely. "Alright, so you want me just to go in there and scare him a little?"

Adams grunted, and Sean took that as approval. He took the file from Adams and walked brusquely to the interrogation room.

There was a small spattering of officers around, looking in at the blackout window at the moody young man who was trying to look bored, but there was a small trace of fear in his dark features.

"Hey Reilly," Ken Masters greeted. Sean gave the handsome black officer the thumbs up sign. "Hey yourself Ken." Looking around he pretended to glare at his coworkers. "Don't you assholes have anything better to do?"

"Nope," Ken said, grinning. "We all came to watch the show."

Sean smiled before turning the knob and heading into the small room. The smile was completely gone from his face. Slapping the file folder on the medium-sized metal table, he unbuttoned the cuffs of his navy work shirt, rolling the sleeves up to his elbows.

He glared at the young man before him, pulling out all the tricks of the angry cop routine.

Jake Morelli looked up at him. "Who the fuck are you supposed to be?" he asked with a little more courage than he felt.

Sean smiled inwardly. This kid was a punk. "I'm the only thing standing between you walking outta here on your own accord or in handcuffs." He crossed his arms, the thick chords of muscles flexing almost menacingly.

Jake scoffed. "Yeah, whatever yo. I'mma tell you what I told that other pig. I didn't steal shit. I'm fuckin' Jake The Kid, yo. Fuck what ya' heard, I stay gettin' money."

Sean almost laughed in the kid's face. He obviously was pleased with himself.

"Cut the 'dope boy' act, Morelli. It says here on your file that you went to one of the most prestigious prep schools on the Upper East Side and you recently graduated with a Bachelor's from Princeton. Yeah," Sean sneered. "You're definitely keeping it gangsta."

The boy blanched, the color drained from his olive skin. Sean surveyed The Kid. He was dressed in designer jeans, a form fitting black t-shirt. An olive green Ed Hardy zip up hoodie that easily cost about 200 dollars was thrown carelessly on the table.

He had on custom Gucci sneakers and about three grand worth of jewelry. His dark hair was cut in the typical Guido blowout and looked like it could use a break from all the gel and hairspray.

"All right. What do you want me to say? Nah, I didn't steal the Nav. It's one of my boys. I borrowed it and he pretended to call it in as stolen."

Sean stared at him, not sure if he believed him. "Right. So you're saying if we call Mr. Anthony Terry he'll tell us the same story. That you two, for some retarded fucking reason I'm sure, pretended that a car was stolen?"

Jake nodded his head stupidly. "Yeah, man."

"Mr. Morelli are you aware that your older brother is currently sitting in police custody and that you doing something incredibly stupid like this will only garner more attention?"

"Yeah," he said again, a goofy grin plastered on his face. "I gotta keep the newshounds interested in my shit. You wouldn't believe the amount of panties that get tossed my way. Girls be thinkin' I'm straight Scarface and shit."

"Scarface was Cuban and you are clearly dumber than your haircut lets on," Sean scoffed. "Now listen here, you schmuck. I don't want to see you back in my precinct or I swear on the Virgin Mary I will have you booked and in handcuffs before your hair gel is dry. You will go to jail, and you'll be around real guys that keep it gangsta. Only this time, the only thing getting tossed will be your ass from guy to guy. I'm sure they'll love that pretty face."

Sean kept his face serious, and he was sure the guys on the other side of the two-way mirror were chuckling. Jake definitely wasn't. He looked visibly unnerved.

"Yeah, okay." His voice faltered a little bit.

"Good," Sean said. "Now sit here. Another officer will be in shortly to release you."

Sean turned to walk out of the room when he heard the boy speak again.

"You're Sean Reilly, aren't you?"

Sean turned on his heels. "What?"

Jake grinned. "Yeah, I knew I recognized you from the papers. You're the one who arrested my brother."

Sean crossed his arms. This kid seriously was an asshole. "So, what if I am?"

Jake stared at him. "Fuckin' Mick punk," he said menacingly. "You looked like a faggot in your pictures and you look like one now."

"It would be wise to shut your fucking mouth, Morelli. You wouldn't want to end up like big brother. I hear they're going to throw the book at him."

"Got a message for you from Big Enzio," Jake continued, as if he didn't hear Sean. "He said your broad is fine as fuck."

Sean felt as if he was doused with ice water. They had been watching Nina. "The fuck are you talking about, Morelli? I don't have time for your bullshit."

"I've seen the pictures of her," Jake sneered. "How the fuck you score a fine piece like that? Didn't know that was your types. Didn't think you'd be into bitches at all, let alone black ones."

Sean's hands began to ball into tight fists. One more word, he thought. One more fucking word.

Jake laughed softly. "Have you hit that yet? I'm sure your Mick ass can't even keep it up to satisfy her. I bet I could. I'd make them titties bounce and make the pussy feel real good. She'd be screaming my name so loud..."

He didn't get to finish his sentence before Sean had him out of the chair and into the wall. He had the boy pinned up, his arm pressed against his throat. Jake made a sound like a strangled cat and tried to break Sean's grasp, but he was too strong.

"You stay the fuck away from her," Sean said. He saw absolute red as his anger boiled over. "I will fucking kill you if you touch her, do you understand me?"

"Reilly, put him down!" Ken opened the door and ran inside. It took him and two other officers to pry Sean from Jake. When he let go, the color returned to Jake's face as he gasped for air.

"Yo, y'all saw that. Fucking pig brutality," he gasped out.

"Shut your mouth, jackass," Ken growled. "Get him out of here," he said to the other officers, who grabbed Jake and escorted him from the room.

Ken turned to look at Sean, who was pacing back and forth, hands on his hips.

"Reilly, you okay?" It was stupid, but it was the safest question he could think of.

"They've been fucking spying on my girl," he growled.

"Sean," Ken started.

"No, Masters. It's fucking personal this time. I want this guy gone, you hear me?

"Sean, I want that too. But you can't do anything rash, man. We're so close, dude. So fucking close to nailing this prick that I can taste the champagne already. I'm begging you, man. Let the law handle it. This isn't just about you, it's for all of us."

Sean looked into the eyes of his fellow officer and knew he was right. This was more about a personal victory. Putting Morelli and his crew away for life would be an honor for entire precinct. He couldn't be the one responsible for dashing everyone's hopes.

But just the thought of anyone hurting Nina was too painful to bear. Ken could see the look on his friend's face. "Tell you what," he said. "I'll personally put a couple of guys in charge of watching her and making sure that she's okay. She'll never know we were there."

Sean nodded, a little bit of relief flooding his senses. "Thanks, man."

Ken smiled. "No problem," he said, patting Sean on the back. "Now, can I describe to you how hilarious it was to see you hemming up that pipsqueak?"

*****************

Nina couldn't shake the feeling. She was being watched. At first she tried to pass it off as paranoia, chalking it all up to being a neurotic New Yorker.

She got the first feeling on Tuesday. She was on lunch, stopping at a little sandwich shop where she bought a lime soda and a grilled chicken bacon ranch on wheat.

Sipping her soda, she walked quickly, trying to get back to her warm office and her meal. Out of the corner of her eye, she noticed a man in a suit. He was trying to appear casual as he strolled a couple of paces behind her.

It was then she realized that it was the same man that was in line at the sandwich place. He was right behind her, and as she turned to leave after getting her order, they looked at each other and smiled. She was wearing sunglasses and so was he.

On Wednesday, she tried a different place to eat, a sushi bar. While she waited for her California chicken and spinach rolls and large bottled water, she leaned against the counter and glanced around the restaurant.

Her heart skipped as she saw the man again. Same dark suit, same dark tie. This time, the sunglasses were off. He was reading a newspaper and looked up when he felt her stare. She wasn't close enough to see his eyes, but she guess they were blue. His sandy blond hair fell into his face.

Nina grabbed her food and exited the restaurant quickly.

Thursday, she didn't go out to lunch, but on Friday she had a business brunch with a potential client. Sitting at the trendy Greenwich eatery, she spotted the man again. She didn't want to make a scene and interrupt her meeting, so she continued on as normal.

When the meeting was over, Nina decided to take the train back to Manhattan. After descending the steps and swiping her Metro card, she waited on the platform. She tapped her brown, round toe flats impatiently. She was anxious to get home, back to the safety of her apartment. She belted her brown jacket tighter around her waist and dug into her pockets for her brown leather gloves.

When the train arrived, she stepped into the car, glad to see it wasn't too crowded. She wanted to put on her earphones, but was too nervous. She felt too vulnerable with them on.

Nina laughed to herself. Come on, girl she thought. Looking up when the doors opened, her heart jumped. It was the same blond guy, but this time he was with two other guys, one black guy and another with balding brown hair.

She rose quickly and left the train before the doors shut. Nina practically sprinted up the station steps and nearly ran the six blocks to her house.

She greeted her doorman, feeling lucky as hell to live in a building that offered one and walked quickly to the elevators. She didn't breathe a sigh of relief until she was safely locked inside her apartment.

When her cell phone rang, she jumped and rifled through her large brown Chloe bag. "Hello," she gasped.

"Pretty, are you okay?"

Nina sighed with relief. "Sean," she said tearfully. She tried to calm down. She didn't want him to think she was weak.

"Baby, what is it? What's wrong?"

"Nothing. I'm just out of breath."

"Are you sure?" she could hear the concern in his voice and didn't want to alarm him.

"Yeah, I'm fine Slugger. Just a little shaken up."

"Do you want me to come over?"

"Are you busy doing something? I don't want to bother you."

"It's no bother, baby. I want to be with you. Just give me a few minutes to get dressed." She calmed down. Everything was going to be okay.

Taking off her coat, she smoothed down her brown silk tuxedo shirt and dark jeans with the extra-wide leg.

"What are you wearing, Slugger?" she asked devilishly.

"What?" Sean couldn't believe his ears. She sounded almost like cheesy porn. Except this was Nina. His shy Nina who blushed at dirty talk.

"I just got out of the shower, so a towel I suppose."

He heard her moan and it sent a jolt down to his toes. "I wish I could have been there with you. Your body looks so amazing in the shower, the water hitting your muscles, the droplets running off you. I can just picture myself on my knees in front of you, taking you into my mouth. My body would be so hot for you. Are you hot for me, Sean?"

"Always, baby." He sat on the edge of his bed. Rubbing his hands down his stomach, he untied the towel and gripped his lengthening shaft.

Nina pulsed achingly when she heard his low groan. "Sean, are you touching yourself?"

"Yeah," he gasped out. "I'm imagining it's your mouth on me, licking the tip, cupping my balls." He pumped his fist faster at the image of her on her knees, his paleness disappearing into her dark mouth.

"Oh Sean," she said. Nina unbuttoned her shirt and tossed it to the floor. Sitting on her sofa, she unfastened her pants and pushed them down to her ankles. Reaching into her panties, she found herself dripping with desire. Nina slipped a finger into her wetness and moaned, a sound that had Sean shivering.

She whispered his name again as she flicked her nub with her thumb. "That's it, Pretty," he groaned, stroking himself faster now. "Work that sweet pussy. I can't wait to be inside you, making you moan my name."

"Sean," she whimpered as she ground her hips into her hand. "I want you so bad."

"Oh baby, I want you too. Always." He felt that familiar tightening. "Here it comes, Nina. It's all for you, baby. Do you feel it?" he moaned as released himself, the white coating his defined abs.

Nina sighed loudly as she came, breathing his name and shuddering slightly.

"Wow," she gasped.

Sean smiled. "My sentiments exactly."

"Get your ass over here, Reilly. That's an order."

"Yes, ma'am."

*****************

Sean looked at the satisfied beauty lying on the bed next to him. He sighed, placing his hands behind the back of his head.

Nina grinned at him, her body slick from their heated passion session. "I swear you get better every time." She licked his nipple, making his slowly deflating dick jump. "Or kinkier."

She was referring to his use of the silk ties around the bed as restraints for her. She was still shaking from the orgasm.

"What can I say? You always bring out the animal in me."

Nina sighed. She didn't think being with anyone could make her so...well, happy really was the only way to describe it.

It had been a long time since happy. Watching her best friend find love and adventure with a charming man made Nina rethink her wild-child days. Her mother and father were childhood sweethearts and as long as Nina could remember, she tried unsuccessfully to establish that type of strong bond with other men.

She was flighty, preferring to bed men and leave them because she thought that's what all guys wanted. A nice, quick lay and an even quicker goodbye.

Maybe she was getting older, but she had realized that the playgirl lifestyle was getting old and that maybe the time had come to grow up and stop running away from her love issues.

"It's time to decide what you want, Rani." Her father's words echoed through her head as she watched Sean.

Maybe it was the post-sex euphoria talking, but being with him felt so right. It was different with Sean. And maybe it was because she finally hit the two-month mark with a guy, she was beginning to think that things might be looking up for her.

"What's going on in that head, beautiful?"

She glanced up to see him looking at her curiously. "What?"

"Your brain seems to be working overtime. What's up?"

"Nothing. Just processing things."

"Well, don't work so hard."

She smiled. "Sean, tell me something about your family. You know a lot about my friends and family, and I barely know about yours."

Nina watched his eyes go hazy, as if trying to remember something. "My mother lives in Hell's Kitchen. She used to be nurse, retired a couple of years back. My old man was from Ireland. Straight off the boat, it seems. He met Mam when she was fourteen and he was eighteen. His father, my grandpop, owned a deli. They married and my dad worked for his dad. I was born some years later.

My family are your typical Irish clan. Catholics and drunks. When my old man used to drink, he would smack around my Mam. When I was fourteen, I stood up to him and said if he wanted to hit her, he'd have to go through me. He beat my ass to a fucking pulp. After that, every time he'd drink, he'd go for me. But at least he left her alone."

Nina looked up at him. He was staring at a spot on the wall, a tear threatening to roll down his cheek. Reaching up, she brushed the tear away and stroked his cheek softly. His fingers gripped her, pulling her body tighter to him.

"I took it, and never cried, at least not in front of him. My Mam, she would clean me up, and tell the schools the truth. They didn't give a shit. One night after he came home from a particularly bad binge, she was ready for him. He came into my room, belt in hand.

But Mam was behind the door. She pointed a pistol in his face and told him to get the hell out or she'd blast him back to Britannia. That's the last we saw of him for awhile. He came back, the summer I graduated from high school saying he was sorry and that he quit the drink. Mam accepted his apology and told him to go to hell."

nerd4music
nerd4music
1,624 Followers
12