Getting Lucky Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
nerd4music
nerd4music
1,624 Followers

"Don't put this all on me, Sean." She felt herself become angry once more. Pushing him away, she went into the bathroom, slamming the door behind her.

"No, it is all on you Nina!" he shouted through the door. "Why are you being so difficult? This shouldn't even be an argument. I explained the situation to you, I apologized. What more do you want from me?"

Nina felt her body shake as she braced herself against the cool porcelain of the countertop. He was completely right. She loved him, quite deeply. Yet the stubborn streak in her urged to push further, to not give in. He's just like all the others, it whispered. "Sean, I'm sorry" she said softly.

"For?"

"I can't break down the wall right away, especially with you looking at me like that."

"Just tell me what you need to say, baby."

She sat on the floor, the cold tile giving her goose bumps. "I was so angry at you for not telling me about Delia. I was so embarrassed, looking as clueless as I did. So I did the only thing I could think of: I left. Those days away from you, they were completely miserable. I'm sorry I put you through that shit, even sorry I went through it myself. But can't you see how I felt through the ordeal?

Sean nodded, even though she couldn't see him. He understood. Her pride and heart took a beating. He made a fool out of her, he realized that now. "I am so sorry for hurting you, Nina. I love you. So much."

She sobbed quietly, the tears flowing freely. "We're pathetic, huh?"

"Pretty much." Sean chuckled softly.

"Where do we go from here?"

He sighed. "Dunno. Are you going to come out of the bathroom any time soon?" He stepped away as the door opened and she emerged meekly into the room. Her eyes were tired and red, the eyeliner smudged at the corners.

Opening her arms, she beckoned him closer. He practically ran to her, collapsing into her embrace and wrapping his arms around her waist. She let out a sob as she hugged him tighter to her. "We are so fucking stupid."

"I know," he replied. "Best nothing fight I've had in a long time."

She laughed weakly. "Where do we go from here?"

"I don't know," he said. He was so caught up in the feeling of having her in his arms. She was so soft, and the world started to feel just right.

Nina glanced at the clock. It was nearly 4AM. "Whoa, time flies when there's drama."

"Man, is it really that late?"

"Got somewhere you need to be?"

"Actually, yeah. It's called work." Sean was hesitant to leave her side. "See you tomorrow?"

"No." Grabbing his arm, she pulled him to her once more. "You're staying here tonight. I don't want you going out this late."

Sean gazed into her eyes. They still held a glimpse of fear and uncertainty. He nodded. "Okay. But I have to be in before noon, or else Lou will kick my ass."

Nina grinned shyly. "Good." She walked over to the bed and climbed in. Patting the spot next to her, she smiled. "C'mere."

Sean walked over to the bed. Stepping out of his shoes, he slid in next to her.

"No funny stuff tonight," she said.

"I wouldn't dream of it" he said, pulling her close to him. Sean sighed. For a minute, everything seemed like it was going to hell in a hand basket. But now, things just might turn out well for them. It wasn't long before he started to drift off to sleep, the worries and troubles from the past days slowly ebbing into his background thoughts.

Nina was still awake, listening to the sounds of his soft snores. Lying next to him should have felt so right. But she just couldn't shake the feeling. She needed closure with the situation.

Hearing Sean's side of the story wasn't enough. There were so many questions, so much she wanted to know that she knew asking Sean would open up an unnecessary can of worms and she was too emotionally exhausted to go down that road again. No, what she needed to do was talk to someone else, someone within the situation other than her lover.

She needed to talk to Delia.

nerd4music
nerd4music
1,624 Followers
12