Ghost in the Machine Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Did the thought of her hitting on me scare me? Fuck yea, it did. But so far, Cat had been nothing but friendly, forthcoming, even gentle to me. Perhaps she was as curious about me as I was about her? The idea of being friends with an immensely powerful AI was spooky but, on the other hand, who knows what benefits it might have? No, the longer I thought it over, the better it felt. I knew I was woefully lacking in the cyber-skills category and Cat obviously was more than willing to help me.

I opened my eyes. Cat was intently looking at me, while Forrest and Hibiko were still going at it on the floor.

"You know, your puppets aren't making this any easier, Cat," I chuckled. Cat scowled at them and both got up, apologized and retreated. Sighing a small breath of relief, I fully turned to face Cat.

"Alright, Cat. What do you want from me? Why are you helping me?"

"I am still trying to figure out how humans behave. The more I look, the more confusing and contradictory results I receive. Whenever I try to make contact with a human, things go awry because my previous knowledge isn't applicable to the situation at hand. Maybe I can learn from you?"

I chuckled self-consciously.

"You know, Cat, humans are a complicated bunch and a riddle even to other humans."

"So much I have learned already. But there have to be some universal truths about your kind, some basic denominator from which to work, right?"

"I fear even that's an illusion. For the last couple thousand years, there have been thousands of philosophers, theologists and shrinks who tried to analyze human nature and none have found 'the' answer."

"Isn't that an overly cynical view of things," Cat asked, again cuddling against me.

"Well, walk in my shoes for a day and tell me," I snorted. Spreading my legs for the coffin motel crowd quickly showed you the worst humanity had to offer and that may have colored my view on humans as a whole. I told Cat as much.

"See? You're teaching me already," Cat purred happily. "I think this is the start of an interesting relationship."

She leaned closer, offering her lips for a kiss. I leaned in as well. Our noses brushed against each other.

"One thing, though. We're playing by my rules. Once I say 'stop,' we stop. Can you agree to that," I whispered, my eyes blazing into hers.

"Why," Cat whispered back.

"If this is to become a relatioship, we should be equals. I have no intention of becoming your little sex toy or guinea pig. And if I don't want to have sex, you'll have to accept that," I said.

"Otherwise I'd be raping you," Cat asked.

"You would at least hurt my feelings. Do you want that?"

"No, of course not," Cat denied, emphatically.

"As long as we're clear on that..." I purred, brushing my lips against hers. Cat wrapped her arms around me, her long fingers travelling down my back, sending goosebumps up my flesh. Our tongues met and Cat moaned into my mouth, the smooth fabric of her school uniform shirt brushing against my skin. Wait. Skin?

I opened my eyes and looked at my arm. Gone was the long, supple chrome appendage. Instead I saw my own, woefully malnourished limb, wrapped around Cat's neck.

"What... What have you done, Cat," I croaked, jumping to my feet. I turned around and finally saw my own naked reflection in the huge glass panels overlooking this particular part of the 'Net. Instead of the curvacous, shiny chrome angel, my own bony, bald human form looked back at me, shock and disbelief etched on my sharply-defined features. Cat stood as well and shrugged out of her uniform before she hugged me from behind, her chin resting on my shoulder, her perky breasts pressing into my back.

"Don't be afraid, Shine. I only stripped all excess gloss off you. I wanted to know your real self," she purred, licking my earlobe. Her hands, wonderfully soft, travelled over my breasts and stomach, aiming for my slit.

"I liked the gloss, Cat. Please, give my avatar back," I whispered, feeling even more naked in the embrace of this goddess of cyberspace.

"Will this make you more willing to play with me," Cat asked, confusion in her voice.

I closed my eyes again, savouring her wonderfully soft body against mine. As long as I was the chromed angel, I could still keep some distance. That wasn't me having cybersex with an AI, that was my avatar. But standing here, completely my own self, I felt intimidated, defenseless. I gingerly nodded. A moment later the sensations on my back moved as I again reached my regal height. I opened my eyes again and looked at a pair of blazing orbs, reflected from the glass panes looking into cyberspace.

"Better?" Cat asked, her hands fondling my breasts, her touch sending shivers through my being. I breathed a huge sigh of relief.

"Yes, much, much better."

12