Ghost of a Chance Ch. 09

Story Info
Fun at the mall, but with a big decision to make.
6.4k words
4.7
16.6k
3

Part 9 of the 12 part series

Updated 10/08/2022
Created 07/28/2009
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I apologize for making everyone wait for the next installment. I'm currently working on a special project for the books I'm writing and it's taking up a lot of my time. But no, I have not forgotten this story nor will I leave it hanging unfinished.

Thank you for your patience, and I hope you enjoy the next chapter.

__________________________

Detective Trent paced the length of the tar papered roof for the twentieth time, still waiting for his contacts to appear. The night air was cooler than usual for this time of year, but still comfortable.

After spending most of yesterday mulling it over, he decided that it might be beneficial for a pair of heroes to assist him in certain circumstances, and the duo having the ability to become unseen at will didn't hurt matters any. They would be able to slip in quietly amongst the criminals and riff-raff, thwart any attempt at illegal activities, and no one would suspect a thing. So when Tom called him this morning, Trent set up a rendezvous late in the evening to meet with the daring pair and lay out a plan of action.

And here he was: standing on the rooftop of an office building close to the police station, waiting.

Trent had just turned around to start another volley of pacing steps when he heard some sounds at the other side of the roof. The first were a pair of what sounded like air guns going off with a quick release of hissing gas. The second was two metallic clanks, followed by more hisses.

He instinctively moved his hand to his gun tucked under his arm, unsure of what was coming but had a fairly good idea. He then turned sharply to the sound of quiet footsteps behind him and started to draw his weapon.

"That won't be necessary, Detective."

Trent's eyes darted everywhere, scanning the roof for the source of the growling, creepy voice but saw nothing. Edging towards the middle with his hand still clasped around the grip of his pistol, he called out quietly to the voice.

"Pierce?"

"I'm here."

Again, his eyes peered across the expanse of tar paper, still seeing nothing.

"And your partner?"

"I'm here, too."

The second voice, just as menacing, came from the other side of the roof; Trent was in the middle.

"I'm not quite convinced that I won't need this," he said, readying his arm to yank his gun out of the holster, "How do I know you won't try something?"

"You don't." The deeper voice was closer to him now.

"Even if you wanted to, what do you expect to hit?" The other voice closed in on him as well.

"All right," said Trent, releasing his weapon and snapping the safety loop over the hammer, "I'm willing to go on a little trust if you are."

Suddenly, he felt something pressed against his arm and an ugly face appeared beside him; a corpse that looked like it was just unearthed.

"Jesus," he whispered.

Trent felt another something touching him and was treated to a view of a skull, its eyes glinting red.

"No wonder these lowlifes are scared out of their minds," he remarked, scrutinizing their outfits and taking particular notice of their weapons' belts, nodding to them, "You probably don't even need to use any of that stuff half the time, I'll bet."

"You asked us to meet you here," Ghost grumbled.

"Not much for small talk, are you?" Looking him over, he added, "You look a little taller than I remember; lifts in your shoes?"

"What do you want, Trent?" this from Ghoul, in a voice just as gravelly but higher in pitch.

"Not much on patience, either."

"We're busy."

Trent idly glanced at their hands, one on each side of him pressing against his shoulders, "Just feel like getting close so you can get to know me better?"

"So you'll be able to see us; 'trust', remember?" said Ghost, he and Ghoul keeping the slit open sides of their gloves against Trent, their bare skin coming into contact with him and enveloping him in their power fields.

Trent blinked a few times and asked, "I can see both of you, but everything else is a little fuzzy; how do you do that?"

Neither of them said a word.

"What happened to that 'trust'?"

"That depends on you," Ghost edged closer.

"All right," he sighed, "have it your way... for now. The reason I called you here is because I have a proposition for you two."

"We're listening," Ghoul rumbled.

"Despite what some people think, either on the streets or at the precinct, you two actually are helping to clean up this city. Crime is down almost seven percent in the last few weeks, and folks are starting to feel a little better about walking the streets without fear of being accosted by scumbags. You've definitely made an impression; almost every punk in the city is scared shitless. Not knowing where you're going to show up next is a nice deterrent."

"That's the idea," droned Ghost.

The detective grimaced a little and said, "You know, it's hard talking to you two dressed up like that."

"Get to the point, Trent," Ghoul growled.

"Okay, okay... look, you could help us out a great deal, doing this 'thing' you do."

"We already are."

Trent turned to Ghost, "But with my help, we could take it a step further."

"How?"

He turned back to Ghoul, "We've got stakeouts and raids set up to close in on some major dealers that could lead to busting one of the biggest smuggling rings in the past few years. We're talking multi-millions in money and merchandise, here."

"And you want us to take 'em out?"

Trent smirked at Ghost, "You can get in, do your thing, and no one will have a clue. Just don't do anything too drastic; the clowns you'd be going up against are tough, but they're just the small fry. It's the big fish we want, and they can lead us right to him."

"And that's it?"

"Each stakeout is set up differently so the details will change from bust to bust, but yeah; basically, that's it. The first one is tomorrow night; I'll call you around eight and give you the particulars."

"And if we say 'no'?"

Trent turned his smirk towards Ghoul, a dour glint in his eye, "Do you really want to turn down a chance to take out a major crime ring? We're not talking about fencing jewelry or fancy computer gadgets and electronics; I'm talking about drugs, heavy duty stuff too. Isn't that part of what you're trying to eliminate: drug dealing? If you help us bust these assholes, the crime rate won't slip a percent or two... it'll drop like a ton of fucking rocks. Everybody will benefit from it; you, me... everyone in the city. You two go in and do your thing, we mop up and make the bust; everybody wins. Even the dirtbags; they get an all expense, paid vacation to one of many in the Gray Bar Resort chain. So... what do you say?"

Whether the detective was being sincere or just stroking Tom and Brenda's egos and sense of justice, the heroes weren't sure. Tom was intrigued by the idea of taking down some major players in the crime world, but the thought of taking the next step made him balk a little. So far, all Ghost and Ghoul were doing was chopping away at the criminal element a little at a time; a street dealer here, a mugger there. The only time they dared to take on any bigger fish was when they broke up a gemstone fencing deal in a warehouse, one of the participants getting irate and kidnapping Ghoul and winding up in the hospital for his efforts.

Tom was fairly certain that he and Brenda could get the jobs done with only a few worries. He was almost convinced that he could trust the detective to work with them; he was a cop, after all.

What bothered him was someone else calling the shots, and what would happen afterwards if something went wrong. What if Trent's information was incorrect? What if the plan changed course suddenly and they had no way of notifying one another?

What if this whole thing is...

Tom tried to put that last thought out of his mind. He wanted to believe Trent's sincerity; that he wanted the same thing the heroes wanted and were on the same side, more or less. But he just couldn't get that nagging feeling out of the back of his head, the doubt.

Trent shook his head when the pair of heroes disappeared from his sight, getting his eyes to focus again on the surroundings, and heard, "Eight o'clock, tomorrow night; we'll give you an answer."

"And if you say 'no', then what?" the detective called out.

He didn't get a reply.

Trent peered across the roof, scanning the area, but saw nothing. Cautiously heading for the roof access, he left the pair to the night.

"So... what do you think?"

Tom turned to Brenda after the door closed behind the detective and answered, "I honestly don't know. I want to believe him..."

"But?"

"But... the only ones we've trusted with this are us, so far. If we bring him into the fold, we're going to have to be careful. We've been pressing our luck with the few people we've helped that have actually seen us without our masks. They may have made the connection, they may not have."

"And the ones' we've scared? Like the punks who tried to rob the supermarket and the knuckleheads at the college?"

Ghost readied his grappler and moved towards the edge of the roof, "The ones at the frat house were drunk; I doubt they could've remembered their own names let alone what we look like. And the other two are idiots; all they saw was an opportunity to steal and got the shit scared out of them for their trouble."

"And with or without our disguises, nobody believes a word they say anyway, right?" Ghoul joined her partner at the roof's edge, grappler in hand.

"Right, but I still don't know about Trent. Why is he willing to go along with all of this?"

"He wants the same thing we do: to clean up the city. The crime rate is down because of us."

Ghost shook his head, "The crime rate will go down eventually because of what we're doing. Why is he in an all fired hurry to step things up to take out major players? What's the rush?"

Ghoul turned off her voice box and placed a hand on her teammate's arm, "Tom, this is our chance to prove to everyone that somebody really is on their side, especially the cops. If taking down a big time drug operation will do that, I say we should work with Trent and give it a shot."

"I'm still going to keep an eye on him," grumbled Tom as he fired his grappler at a metal over hang on the opposite building. The magnetic head clanked against it and he jumped off the roof, swinging towards the other building's wall and planted both feet against it. Brenda was beside him a moment later, ready to lower herself down to the street with him.

"I know you will," she answered him as the grappling lines slowly played themselves out, letting the pair rappel down the building's side, "So will I."

***

"Mmmm, I love nice warm mornings," said Brenda stretching hers arms out to embrace the early sunshine.

"A nice day to be out and about," agreed Tom, strolling beside her, "and being naked makes it all the more fun."

After parking the car in a far off spot, Tom and Brenda put on their rings and vanished from sight, then slipped out of their clothes. Leaving their garments in the car, they walked across the expanse of the parking lot to the rear entrance of the shopping mall.

"We can have lots of fun in here."

Brenda smiled back at Tom, anticipating some of things they had in store for their day of fun before going to 'work'. Brenda seems to be okay with it, but Tom still wasn't sure if they should take up Trent's offer, so they decided to put it on the back burner for now and think it over.

Just as they crossed the car lane in front of the doors, a young kid came sauntering up the sidewalk. Dressed in dark and ragged 'punk' clothing, his gait along with his face had 'arrogance' written all over it. Just ahead of him, an elderly lady was waiting at the bus stop with a small pull cart in hand.

Tom's face dropped into a scowl when the punk purposely bumped into the lady's cart, knocking it over and spilling some of its contents onto the walkway.

"Why don't you watch where I'm going, Grandma," he said with a sneer, leaving the lady looking annoyed and scared. The punk simply huffed and proceeded towards the doors, seeing one of them already open. Picking up his 'full of it' stride, he marched up to the open door... and suddenly found himself on the sidewalk, flat on his butt and holding his now aching forehead.

Tom simply let go of the handle, and the door shimmered into view. He saw Brenda giving him that 'look'.

"Aw, c'mon," he whispered as the chastised youth picked himself up off the walk and quickly entered the mall, the snickers of the pull cart lady following him, "that was funny. Besides, the kid deserved it."

"You promised we weren't going to be doing that stuff today," Brenda huffed at him, pouting.

"I know, I know; this is our 'fun' time," Tom apologized as the pair slipped into the mall, "I'm sorry, but that kid had it coming."

"That may be, but I want to have fun before we go out tonight on our 'mission'."

"And I told you I haven't decided, yet."

Brenda stopped almost in front of the inside doors to face him, Tom already knowing what she was going to say.

"Brenda, listen to me. I know you think this is a good idea, and you're probably right. But I'm still not convinced about the whole set up."

"What has got you so thrown by this?" asked Brenda, folding her arms under her naked boobs, "Taking out some major criminals is the next logical step, and Trent is willing to help us."

"This isn't something we can just dive right into, Brenda."

"We've been at this for over a month now."

"Taking out the small fry, yes," Tom rubbed his forehead, "and we are getting pretty good at it. But going up against big time bad guys? We've only done that once, and you know what happened. I don't want it happening again."

"What don't you trust about this?"

"If you really want to know, it's Trent I don't trust."

Brenda crinkled her brow, "Why not?"

Tom rubbed at his head again, "That's the problem I've having; I don't know why. Ever since we talked to him, I've had this bad feeling that..." He shook his head, "I don't know; I can't put my finger on it, but something about all of this doesn't sound right. And I'm frustrated because I don't know what it is."

Brenda unfolded her arms and wrapped them around Tom's waist, pressing her nude body against his, "Look, we came here to have fun. So let's have fun and forget about Trent for awhile. We'll decide later."

Tom kissed her, his hands rubbing her soft curves and feeling her small patch of pussy fur rub against his growing cock, "Okay; let's have fun."

Hand in hand, the unseen nudes walked into the mall and out into the main aisle. Dozens of early morning shoppers strolled passed the many shops and department stores lining the walkways, window shopping and scrutinizing the stores' wares, talking with their companions, or just simply walking to pass the time. Some, mostly younger adults, were wandering in and out of the various shops while others were sitting in lounge chairs with bags of merchandise beside them chatting about this or that. And all the while, none of them even suspected that there were two naked people among them.

Tom guided Brenda into a large store with an escalator and winked. She got that 'naughty' grin on her face and followed him to the bottom step area. Waiting for the right moment, they hopped on the moving steps right behind a woman wearing a skirt. Right behind them was a couple of young college guys talking about their plans for the summer.

Brenda dropped her jaw into an open mouthed smile as Tom gently touched the hem of the young lady's skirt. It vanished from sight and gave the astonished young men behind her a beautiful view of her smooth rounded ass, the thin string of her thong disappearing between her cheeks.

Tom let go of her dress as she reached the top of the escalator, making the smiles on the faces of the guys disappear as quickly as her skirt did and leaving them confused. The unseen pair of nudes stepped off to the side and quietly giggled.

They both rode the opposite side of the stairs behind a woman with a very large set of boobs, her nipples budding out showing that she wasn't wearing a bra. With nobody behind them, Brenda lightly touched a loose fold of the lady's shirt, and everyone on the main floor in view of the escalator was treated to the sight of a woman riding down the steps, topless. Her big round tits swayed slightly as she adjusted the bags in her hands, her equally huge nipples poking out and swaying with them. She sweetly smiled back at the men with grins on their faces, unaware that she was giving them a free peep show, while she chuckled inwardly at the ladies who were aghast and chiding their husbands and boyfriends.

The woman's blouse reappeared when she reached the bottom floor, men blinking their eyes in confusion but still grinning. Tom and Brenda hurried off to the side of the store and snickered when they found a quiet spot.

"We really shouldn't do things like that," she hissed through giggles, "It's mean."

"No, it's not that mean," whispered Tom, "It's harmless fun, and nobody seems to be complaining."

Brenda looked down at his crotch, "I see you were enjoying it."

Tom looked down at his cock, now hard and drooling precum, and shrugged. Brenda wrapped her fingers around the shaft and gently pumped it up and down, smearing the precum over the bloated head.

With a wicked grin, she lowered her head down to his cock and twirled her tongue around his swollen gland, making him quietly moan. She parted her lips and lovingly suckled his dickhead, wiggling the point of her tongue into the pisshole. After a moment or two, she released his cock with a tender, suckling kiss.

"More to come later," she cooed, "let's have more fun."

The nude duo strolled out of the store and out to the main walkway, searching for more areas of 'entertainment'. While walking passed the shops that lined the aisle, Brenda stopped neared the entrance to a ladies' clothing store when she heard something at the shop's register counter.

"There's no way it could cost that fucking much!"

"No, ma'am; it doesn't. There's a problem with the register. Don't worry; I'll fix it."

The tirade was coming from a young woman wearing a summer dress and a cocky look on her face, and 'spoiled little brat' immediately popped into Brenda's mind when she heard, "All the money I spend in this mall, you'd think they'd hire semi-competent people at least. My father doesn't put up with this kind of thing in any of his stores. You're lucky he doesn't own this one."

Another employee went behind the counter to get the story from the cashier, and then started to type in commands on the register's keyboard.

"Sorry, ma'am," she replied, "The computer suffered a power surge for a second. The glitch made the register ring up the item twice, but the problem is fixed now."

The bratty girl just tossed her money at the cashier with a huff, "Maybe you should train your help better."

"Ma'am, it wasn't her fault. The computer..."

"Your manager should be made aware of the incompetence of his employees."

The woman behind the counter pointed to her nametag, showing the girl that she was the manager of the store, "'She' is already aware... and there was no incompetence involved," and placed the receipt in the bag, "Have a nice day, ma'am."

The irate girl threw a mean look at the register girl and snatched the bag off the counter, strutting out of the store with a full load of arrogance squarely on her shoulders.

Brenda stared daggers into her and whispered, "That stuck up, snobby little bitch. I think Miss Prissy needs a lesson in humility."

Before Tom could even say a word, Brenda was already on the move. He got an 'uh oh' look on his face when she walked up behind Miss Prissy and carefully touched a fold along her dress.

12