Ghosts: CATU Book 01 Ch. 09

Story Info
The investigation continues.
2.3k words
10.7k
3
0

Part 9 of the 11 part series

Updated 08/30/2017
Created 09/12/2010
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

FBI Building, CATU Division

"Welcome back to the world," Roger says as Spencer walks into the interrogation watch room.

On the other side of the mirror Sam is sitting at a table across from Geoffrey Adams. He is slumped over the table with his head in his hands.

"Have we made any progress?" Spencer asks.

"No, he's too well trained to just give up," Roger answers.

"Want me to take another stab at him?"

"You can try—" Roger begins until he is interrupted.

"Sir," the man says. "There is an Agent Donald Strandon here to talk to you."

"Who?" asks Roger.

"He's from the NSA," Spencer offers.

"Alright, send him to my office, we'll be right there."

"Yes sir," the man says.

"Looks like the NSA might have found something," he says to Spencer.

"Maybe."

——

Agent Strandon was sitting comfortably with a smirk on his face as the two walked into the office. He didn't bother to stand up when introductions were made.

Roger moved to sit behind the desk. "What can we do for you agent?"

"Your prisoner, Geoffrey Adams," Strandon replies.

"What about him?" Spencer asks.

The agent turns to Spencer who stands at the entrance to the office. "I'm taking him into custody."

"Now wait a minute, we're not even clear if the charges we have are sufficient. Besides he's in our custody and he's not going anywhere," Roger says. Anger boils beneath his skin. He was not going to let another agency take his only lead and then take credit for the information found.

"The NSA supersedes your jurisdiction. Besides we have the evidence you are missing," Strandon says smartly.

"When did this occur?" asks Spencer.

"We were given his name by a reliable source. Evidence at the hanger scene provided the rest."

"My agents were at that scene, there was nothing there to provide anything," Roger states.

"According to what we deemed necessary for your agency to know. This is a National Security matter with the President's daughter in danger. This agency has failed to do its duty and has been compromised."

"This is bullshit and you know it Roger," Spencer says.

"I know Spence," he turn his attention back to Strandon. "We were given direct orders from the President himself—"

"The President is out of the loop now. His attention needs to be focused on other matters. We will bring this matter to a close. In the meantime CATU will fall under investigation and we'll find out who are the traitors."

Spencer turns his attention into the office. "Looks like you're running out of time yourself."

"What's that supposed to mean?" asks Strandon.

"Looks like our favorite terrorists are on television again," Spencer says pointing.

——

Sara McKinsey is sitting, tied to a chair with Hanson standing behind her. Sara looks terrible; bruises line her face and body. She has many cuts along her arms and legs. Her clothes are tattered and covered in dirt. Hanson stares into the camera for a long moment before speaking.

We have warned you and remained true to our word. We have ties deep into your government such as the late Chief of Staff John Bowling. He was one of many responsible for aiding us in our endeavors and because he decided to betray us, he is now dead.

Your government has just one day left. One day to do as we have demanded. If you cherish this woman's life you will do as demanded, if not then we will follow through as we have promised. We will move to take your other children from you as well.

This is your last and final warning. If our demands are not met, we will broadcast her, he paused to point at Sara, death for everyone to see.

Hanson nods and the feed dies.

——

I suggest you drop this bullshit and work together to save this woman," Roger says to Strandon.

"This is out of your hands now; Adams hasn't talked so you cannot continue to hold him. From here on the NSA takes custody of him," Strandon says.

Spencer watches the argument from a distance. Roger would not give up a potential informant or witness easily. He didn't blame him, time was running too low. The argument didn't sound like there was going to be an end to it until another agent interrupted.

"Sir," he says to Roger. "Adams has decided to speak."

This makes Roger smile. "Now he stays in my custody."

"For the time being," Strandon says walking off, anger burning in his eyes.

——

How did the press get this information?" asks the President. The anger leaving a nasty taste in his mouth.

"I don't know Dave, only thing I can think of is the mole," Stanos replies.

"Nothing was found that could lead us to him?" McKinsey asks.

"There was nothing. We are still looking into it, but we have no leads in any direction."

"I figured as much and to be truthful I expected it."

Stanos is taken aback by the statement. Did the President know he was involved in some way? He decides to press the matter. "What do you mean expected?"

"It's simple Tim; the terrorists have outwitted us at every turn. Why should we expect something different?"

Stanos berates himself; this was no time to start making errors and letting paranoia start growing. The President was smart but the parties involved here have been too careful to cause suspicion.

"What are we going to do about it then?" asks Stanos.

"I have talked with the rest of the Joint Chiefs and we agreed to give in to the terrorists."

Stanos is surprised at this turn of events, but he is careful not to let it show.

"Give in? We can't just give in, I'm sorry your daughter is in the middle of this—"

Holding his hand up to stop Stanos, he interrupts. "We're not giving in for real. I for one am not giving up hope or the fight. We are going to have the media say we are pulling out like the terrorists want. Even personnel are going to look like they are packing up to leave."

"What good will that do if we aren't out by the deadline?" Stanos questions.

"If we can bargain for more time, it looks good. The main reason is to keep the terrorists focused on whether this is a trick or the real thing."

"Will you or I be the one giving the news?"

"No need Tim, the media already has the information and is set to broadcast," He pauses to look at his watch, "seven minutes ago."

——

Hanson gathers up the few possessions he has when Rudolph comes into the room. He looks up and asks, "Has it been accomplished?"

"Yes, even better than we expected," Rudolph says smiling.

"Good. Get them ready along with the supplies. It will be up to you to get everything finished here once I leave."

"Of course."

"Before you leave Rudolph, make sure Fredrich is ready."

——

What do you have for us?" asks Spencer.

He is opposite Adams, standing over the table. Sam stands away near the door.

"I was promised if this happened, I'd be released," Adams replies.

"By who?" asks Spencer.

"Doesn't matter now. Things have progressed too far for anyone to worry about that. I only played a small part in what has happened."

"What did you do and why?" questions Spencer.

"I provided information."

"Motive?" Spencer asks again.

"That's my business. I'm not the only one involved either; there are people in higher positions then me. How else do you think Ghost has the information it does?"

"Then you better start coughing up those names," says Sam walking toward the table from her post by the door.

"And since you are feeling so helpful, tell us where Sara McKinsey is," Spencer finishes Sam's sentence.

"I can't give you either. You see I will still be getting out of here. I was promised to have my fun when I did my part."

"If you're so certain you'll be leaving why are you bothering to talk now?" asks Sam.

Smiling he replies, "I got bored. Besides its fun to watch you two struggle to get information I won't give you. You know this is a funny tactic, using two people for interrogation. I guess most people would be intimidated by being tag teamed."

"What really happened with Donna?" asks Spencer.

Laughing now, Adams leans back in his chair. "The same thing that was supposed to happen to Agent Roberts."

Before Spencer knows what is happening he has Adams pinned to the wall. "You betrayed your country and you tried to kill my partner!" Spencer throws him to the ground. "You better start talking and remember this is a place that doesn't exist."

"Threatening me now? How about you get me a lawyer?"

For effort and much out of anger, Sam pulls out her gun and places it to Adams' temple. "Right now there is no such thing as a lawyer, you piece of shit. A few well placed shots will keep you alive but in much pain."

Laughing while he speaks Adams says, "You may as well use those well placed shots then, cause I'm not telling you anything you want to know. You're lucky I gave you want I did."

Sam lifts her gun to hit him when a knock raps the window. Spencer and Sam leave the room to answer the knock.

"We have another problem. Police and the FBI have received calls of missing children. A total of twenty have gone missing all at the same time for homes across America," Roger announces.

"When?" asks Spencer.

"During the broadcast earlier. Seems Ghost is moving forward with their threat."

"We need to do something boss. Give me a few minutes with him, I'll get him to sing when I get done," Sam says. Fury is burning in her eyes, fury for being shot and for her friend.

"I wish I could, but we have the NSA on our asses and who knows who else. Because of him and if what he says is true, there is no telling how many other moles we have."

"Other than the NSA black balling us, what other assets do we have to work with?" asks Spencer.

"With possible multiple moles, all other agencies are staying separate. They are sharing limited information with others outside their own," Roger says.

"So another words, we're on our own," Sam states.

"To sum it up, yes. We need to push Adams into talking, find out what he gets out of this arrangement. If it's not about money then it has to be about power, find out what power that pertains to."

——

So McKinsey thinks he can fool everyone with his plan," Kloser states. "If he won't budge from office by his own free will, he'll need to be forcibly removed." Kloser looks from Stanos to Mathsen.

The group is meeting in Kloser's office. With his own bank security he could delete any record of anyone coming or going.

"What would you like done?" inquires Mathsen.

"Stanos will lead McKinsey to the window in his office. When you have a clear shot, take it."

"I'll provide you with time," Stanos says.

"If you succeed you'll get your targets that you desire," Kloser says.

Mathsen gets up and straightens out his suit. "Good, I'll make preparations. Contact me with the information."

He leaves the bank with an air of excitement surrounding him.

"It's really too late to do anything about McKinsey. Unless his daughter dying forces him to resign," Stanos says, breaking the silence since Mathsen left.

"True, this is why Mathsen will not assassinate him. Strandon here will stop him."

Surprised, Strandon says, "He's too great a risk to arrest him. If he

Talks—"

"He won't talk. You are going to kill him in the arrest attempt. An anonymous tip will be made and you being the senior agent will respond. Do what you must to convince your insubordinates to stay back and take him out."

"I can make it happen," Strandon replies.

"What do we do about Adams?" Stanos asks. "If he talks, this whole thing could go sour for us."

"Adams won't talk, at least not right away; his need for revenge is too great. Once he does decide to speak, it will be too late for anything to be done. We may not have gotten where we would like to have been, but this opens the door to other options."

Kloser looks at the other two waiting for questions or responses. When none came, he says, "If you gentlemen have no other concerns, we can conclude this and get to work."

Kloser turns in his chair, his back facing the others. He was through, they could show themselves out. When Stanos and Strandon leave, Kloser picks up his phone. "Martha, get my pilot on the phone, I need to schedule a flight.

——

The children are all packed in their individual shipping containers. The plane is set to leave in one hour," Rudolph says, catching up to Hanson as he was walking to the hanger.

"Good. Everything is done, it will be up to you to finish up once I leave," Hanson says, "Once you have Fredrich prepared to handle things here, and I'll expect your return."

"What do we do with Kloser?" he asks.

"Kloser won't be our concern for much longer. When I get to Austria, I have preparations made to deal with him. Then we'll take over his operations and have plenty of funding to carry on our operations."

"I trust in your decisions, farewell my friend," Rudolph says.

"Farwell Rudy, I'll see you shortly."

Share this Story

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Similar Stories

Nightingale A tale of love lost and found in the hardest of times.in NonConsent/Reluctance
Champions A US soldier is chosen to defend another realm.in Sci-Fi & Fantasy
A Shepherd in France Ch. 01 Ben and friends visit Paris.in Erotic Couplings
Mine...Yours Pt. 01 Strange neighbors.in NonHuman
Life as a New Hire Ch. 01 Cáel gets an offer that is too good to be true.in Sci-Fi & Fantasy
More Stories