GianCarlo Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Well, Gian's father is a very....influential person and he prefers for his son to not visit this part of town...especially with a beautiful young lady such as yourself."

"Really? Why? Hope I'm not asking too many questions." Dee said and noticed the way Gian tensed in the seat in front of her.

"Because Gian wasn't always the perfect boyfriend you know today."

"What do you mean?" Delia said before Gian revved up his bike.

"Arriverderci, Asshole" Gian threw over his shoulder as he swung out of the parking lot.

****

"So something like that happens and you are just not going to tell me?" Delia asked.

"That's the plan" Gian said as he walked her to the door.

"So is that your brother or something?" Gian scoffed "No, but he likes to call himself my big brother."

"Are you guys close?"

"Not really"

"Well, what was he so frustrated about?"

"I don't know."

Dee stopped to pin him with a glare "Liar! He called you reckless and you called him an asshole. Just tell me why your dad doesn't want us to hang out in south beach...and why haven't I met him before...and why--"

"Dee, your questions are making my brain swell." Dee giggled but decided to give it a rest "Sorry, Gian."

They had finally reached her door and he waited for her to pull out her keys. "I just want to thank you for playing knight in shining armor for me tonight. I thought I had it under control but I didn't."

"It was nothing, it's not like I was going to hang around and let them harass you." Dee got on her tippy toes and hugged him. As Delia pulled away she went to kiss his cheek and it was at that moment Gian turned to look her in the eyes. Delia planted a small kiss on the edge of Gian's lips. It didn't take long for them both to realize what happened. Gian's heart flipped in his chest. Delia looked at him with surprised gaze. It was as if she was waiting for his response.

Gian lifted her chin as he closed in on her and planted a small kiss on her lips. They were full and soft and he wanted nothing more than to draw her bottom lip into his mouth to taste her but he wasn't sure how she was going to react. He pulled away his eyes pinning hers.

"The first one was an accident" She said recovering, her voice was shaky as she continued "The second was all you. Gian thanks for the great night."

Delia went inside and she threw herself onto the couch. That night had been long and fun...mostly, but Gian left her with a bunch of questions. What did that kiss mean? It wasn't an accident by any means but could it be likely he'd be interested in her. People kiss people all the time and relationships never sprout from it. In high school Delia had made out with her good friends both male and female because the party was bumping.

"Who knows?" Delia said to herself as she headed toward her room.

"I do," Denise sang just outside her bedroom when Delia passed.

"Dee, I did not know you had secret lover." Denise said.

"That's because he's not," Dee said defensively, "We're just friends."

"It sounds like somebody is being a little obtuse. Come in we haven't had girl talk since high school."

"Three years ago," Delia said as if it wasn't long enough. "Besides every time I walk into your room I feel like I'm walking into some sort of fetish dungeon."

"How?" Denise said on a laugh following Delia inside.

"You have a silicone breastplate hanging off of your headboard." Delia said looking at the replica breasts in horror.

"Oh that? Spoils of war," Denise said as if it were perfectly normal. "I and my bf went to this drag queen strip show and Miguel call himself throwing himself at my guy. I got angry snuck into the dressing room and stole his breast plate. Teach that bitch to keep his hands to himself. It was so funny watching him try to perform with that bird chest of his."

"Why were you so threatened, I mean Steven doesn't strike me as the bisexual type."

"No, I was dating Danny at the time and I've always had my doubts about him. Anyway, we're talking about you and that sexy slice of man butter you had dropping you off at this witching hour."

Delia took her time to look around her sister's room it had been a while since she'd been inside and even longer since they shared the room. The walls were still an eggplant color from her metal days; she had a lava lamp and black lights on the ground. Denise wasn't estranged from her and they were still close but only when Denise was home and that didn't happen too often. Delia took the velvet chair in the corner of Denise's room while Denise sat on the bed.

"So, how come I don't know about him? You never said anything." Denise said then leaned in "Is he like your fuck buddy now?"

"No!" Delia said louder than she had meant to, "It's nothing like that. He's my friend. Gosh, why the hell do I have to say that so often?"

"It's because, you want him to be more than a friend. I haven't seen you guys together but I see it in your face. Even more, that kiss he gave you was one of those 'I want to fuck you but only if you let me' kisses. Trust me."

"You think so?" Delia said as she thought of Gian. He was so sweet and he showed her tonight that he could also be lethal if he needed to. Delia loved that he seemed to care for her but...

"Yeah, I think so. Judging by your face right now I could tell the cranks are starting to move. What you need to do is break him off a piece of that kit kat bar, if you know what I mean." Denise said scooting closer to her sister. She loved Delia but if she insisted on being so damn virginal she would miss out on something amazing with this guy. It was never like Delia to hide a guy from them. If she got into a relationship she made sure to always parade him around so they can stop teasing her about being a 'lesbian'.

"But...but what if..." Delia said then decided not to say it. It was her personal fear.

"'What if' what?" Denise said, "What if you enjoy yourself?" She laughed waiting for her younger twin to say something.

"What if that is all he wants? I can't imagine giving myself to him and then that being it."

"Dee you are not giving yourself to anyone. What you have between your legs is not you. And so what if that's all he wants. As long as you guys protect yourselves there is nothing wrong with it. You two can stay friends while having a little fun with each other."

Delia had to admit that it all sounded logical. When put like that it did sound as if she equated her sex to being the essence of her, but Delia's sexuality had always been hers alone and to share with someone else felt like she was risking everything.

"I dunno, I always imagined that sex would be amazing and when it's all over he rolls out of bed, thanks me and walks out. That thought, of him leaving, it freaks me out."

Denise realized that that was the root of the problem and a part of her was sad and made her feel like she was seven all over again while another part of her was angry that their past was still able to affect them still. When she looked up she realized that Delia had put two and two together.

"Fuck me," Delia said under her breath. "Why can't I just be normal?"

"Dee, don't worry about it. You are normal. Everyone who has walked this earth has had fucked up things that has happened to them. You and I are no different."

Delia began to understand more and more that things from your past just don't fade away they pop up inconveniently. It ripples through your life getting bigger and disturbing everything. She also began to understand that it won't ever end. Not only did the misdeed of someone else cause her to have unpredictable anxiety attacks, and made it difficult to trust anyone, it also made her fear intimacy even if it meant truly connecting with someone. Her heart turned to stone in her chest and fell to her stomach. Delia didn't want this life anymore but had no idea how to change it.

"Do you think we will ever have normal relationships?" Delia asked as her eyes filled with tears of hopelessness.

"Don't ask me that," Denise said her voice becoming somber, "That's a stupid thing to ask. There is no such thing as a normal relationship. There are just relationships that work until it doesn't anymore then it's onto the next one." Denise and Delia had gone through the same thing but their scars were different. Where Delia feared intimacy because of its fickleness Denise had embraced it. She gave up everything her body, her heart, and her love only to have it crumpled and then she finds someone else to do it all over again. Delia couldn't fathom that kind of pain but she figured that Denise felt she deserved no better. That thought pained Delia because she doesn't know how to rectify it.

"Well, it was nice chatting with you sis." Delia said heading toward the door.

"Wait!" Denise called then leaned in "Did you take my stash? The one mama gave me."

"Yep, I got higher than a mutha--" she chuckled.

"You owe me." Denise said pushing her out of her room.

****

Stefan was livid. To Gian's credit he didn't know the danger he'd put his girl in and he always found a way to be a dick when he communicated with Stefan. This was Stefan's fault he knew it but he was only doing his job, watch, report, and influence. The one thing that seemed to go right in this kid's life and Stefan seem to fuck it up. Stefan paced his small apartment.

It was in the same building as Gian and Durante paid the rent and Stefan hated that. He felt as much a prisoner as Gian. After what went down tonight he knew he was being watched just as closely. He paced some more waiting for the inevitable call from Durante. He recalled exactly when that night when downhill.

Gian and Delia were heading to her house, they'd gotten off the bike and she had even gone inside but then she came back out and they were off. This was unexpected so Stefan wasn't so sure where they were heading until Gian merged onto 95 South and Stefan's stomach fell. He was heading to South Beach. It was crawling with Durante's lackeys and it was way past the deadline to have Delia out of his life.

Stefan followed and made sure to send any nearby guys on a wild goose chase. Delia, to her credit, maneuvered Gian through back roads and they stopped on a private beach where they seem to settle in. Stefan thought they were safe for the time being. Then the girl pulled out a pipe and Stefan had another fear altogether.

What if Gian attacked the girl? Stefan was a little surprised that the girl had marijuana but was glad that that was all it was. Still, he worried for Gian. As Stefan watched on silently pleading for Gian to do the right thing, he sensed a presence not too far away. Stefan looked to his right to find what looked to be a resident taking a midnight stroll, but he knew better. The stranger pulled out his phone and made a call. Quickly Stefan snapped into action rushing over to the guy. "You work for Durante?"

"Who wants to know?" The stranger responded with a deep Italian accent. Durante only hired Italians he had a big case of ethnocentrism.

"I am one of his men as well, you don't have to call it in I've got it under control."

"It's too late" The stranger said shrugging his shoulder "If you were more diligent the call would have been yours to make. That payout is mine." He ended then pushed past Stefan. That's what these lackeys did; they got paid to keep a look out for Gian and reaped a huge bonus for alerting Durante's office of any sightings.

Stefan, acting quick, rushed back to warn Gian to get Delia the hell out of South Beach, his heart was beating quickly from fear and adrenaline. This could possibly mark the end of this girl's life. Durante didn't make threats lightly and this girl's life was no more important to him then a pests. When he got to them they were pulling off on Gian's bike. Stefan hopped in his car and quickly followed them.

He pulled up to the McDonald's just in time to see Delia hassled by two thugs. 'This girl is a magnet for danger' He thought to himself. Stefan could tell that they were harmless, he should know. He watched for a while and saw that she was beginning to get panicky, he got out of the car with intent to help her but Gian beat him to it, breaking the arms of the two guys before the two couple left.

Damn, Gian for catching an attitude when Stefan addressed him. The girl on the other hand, had impressed him. She was intuitive and Stefan could see how Gian could be so obsessed with her, those eyes could bring down governments. He had finally met her and he now knew he had to protect them both from Gian's father.

****

Delia was up early the next morning, her eyes were heavy and she couldn't muster enough energy to put together a nice outfit for the day, which was rare. She smiled as she recalled the night before. She showered quickly, brushed her mass of hair into a fashionably nonchalant high bun, tossed on a floral dress some high-heeled sandals, and dabbed on some lipstick.

As she walked out the house in the dark morning she was reminded of the kiss Gian gave her. It was soft and measured. She wondered what he'd meant by it. Delia got in her car and drove to the nearest coffee shop for a huge cup of coffee with two shots of espresso; she was going to need it if she was going to be working eight hours having only slept two. Receiving her coffee she put it in the holder and headed to the freeway.

As she merged on she noticed it was very few cars on the road. As she got into the groove of driving her mind drifted back to Gian and that kiss. She should have kissed him back, instead she made some lame comment, and Delia wanted to slap herself. She pushed all thoughts of self-violence aside to merge onto the freeway heading east. Once she was successfully merged there was a black Dodge Charger that rode on her left, way too close to her. She moved a couple lanes over for her comfort. She rode near the guard rails for a while.

When Delia's exit came up she was about to switch lanes when she heard a loud honk. She checked her rearview mirror to see the Charger barreling toward the rear of her small jeep at a speed that was sure to send her flying forward. She swerved quickly into the next lane trying to avoid the car only to crash into another blacked out charger to her right. The car seemed to appear out of nowhere and the impact caused her to slam her head against the driver's window. Her head exploded in pain, her eyes squirreled, and she felt the stinging burn of hot coffee. The car she was slammed into kept driving causing the small jeep to spin and slide into the guard rails. The only thought Delia could muster in that moment was 'my dress is ruined'

She could see the two chargers fleeing; the one she hit barely had any damage. Delia felt herself began to panic, her heart pounded erratically and she was getting dizzy. A million thoughts rushed through her head, what will her mom say? Her sister is going to kill her for trashing the car. Her dress is completely ruined. Why is she covered in blood? All the windows are shattered; it's going to cost a fortune to fix. Everything hurts. Is this what they mean by tunnel vision? Delia fumbled with her phone, she had to call someone, anyone. She hit the green button and it began to dial someone, probably the last person she called. The phone rang steadily and she felt herself floating in and out of consciousness.

"Hello" said a deep voice, it sounded frustrated.

"Please, help me," Delia sobbed into the phone as she slipped into a black abyss.

****

"Delia? Dee!" Gian called into the phone. There was no answer.

"Damn! I should've been with her instead of here, arguing with you." Stefan cursed as he phased away.

"Fuck!" Gian cursed to himself.

As soon as he got home Stefan was there, visibly seething.

"Why would you take her down there?!" He growled his anger growing. There had been plenty times Gian angered Stefan but he'd always kept his composure but not this time.

"She wanted to go! Was I supposed to forbid her, I'm not her father." Gian shot back pushing past him and into his apartment. "What's the big deal? My father would see that I was just hanging out with someone, for once"

"Your father might see her as a threat to your wellbeing." Stefan shot back as he followed Gian into the apartment.

"He'd have no reason to think that," Gian threw his leather jacket on the couch and made his way to the kitchen to get a bag of blood from the fridge. He poured it into a mug and put it into the microwave. ", unless someone gave him the idea that she was." He said pointedly at Stefan.

When Stefan simply glared at him Gian anger flared. "Why the FUCK did you do that!?"

"Why do you think?!" Stefan shot back "You think you've found redemption with this girl and now your past disappear? Fuck no! It doesn't work like that. Did you simply forget that you'd compel and charm people into using whatever drug was handy to them and feed off of them for weeks at a time? Did you forget the people's lives you've ruined with that shit?"

"Fuck you!" Gian shouted back unable to continue to hear his past sins "Don't you think I know that?! I have to live with that shit every day. Do you know what it's like to constantly jump between guilt and paranoia? I couldn't handle it. Shit, I know I'm weak, but she's the best thing to happen to me and I would never ruin that."

"You just might have." Stefan said a bit more sympathetic but none the less angry

"What has my father threatened to do?"

"He wanted her out of your life by last Wednesday; I was hoping that you guys can slip under the radar until I could prove she was an asset."

"So does he know that I'm still talking to her?"

"He does now, and I'm afraid he's out for blood"

"Mother -Fucker!" Gian said "What the hell are we going to do?"

Stefan looked at him as if he had no answers "Hide her?" He finally said.

Gian's phone started to ring. He was so caught up in their argument he couldn't recall where he'd left it. He found it in his jacket pocket on the couch.

"Hello?" He answered not checking the id. When Delia's sob came across the phone, the worst fear he'd ever felt struck his heart, he couldn't breathe. Stefan hissed something at him before fading away.

"Fuck!" Gian froze in fear. He looked down at the phone and saw that the call was still connected but Delia wasn't answering him. Maybe she'd passed out. Gian phased to the inside of her car...or what was left of it.

The passenger side of the car where Gian had phased to was mangled and the windows were broken. The front glass was cracked beyond repair and Delia laid in the driver's seat slumped to the side. The window her head laid on was cracked, the center of it where her head laid, and blood trailed down from it. She was covered in blood and coffee. Her pulse was slow and her breathing even slower.

"Delia?" Gian called he could feel panic rising inside him and a lump forming in the back of his throat. "Delia, please answer me." Gian almost sobbed as he reached for her hand. When she didn't answer the second time Gian cried he could only think about how, because of him, his father had killed his mate.

She isn't dead yet, Gian thought. He pulled her into his lap, holding her close as the tears he'd been trying to hold back sprang forth.

"Delia," He murmured as he tucked her head under his chin. "Please wake up, please." He begged her. Gian placed kisses on her cheek and head, being careful not to touch her wound. The strong smell of blood and her coconut shampoo wafted around him. Gian cried.

Five minutes later Gian heard a knock on the window, it was Stefan he'd driven his car to the scene, using the tracking he'd put on Gian's phone to find them.

"The doors are crushed closed; you have to pass her to me through the window." Gian was quiet, still cradling her to his chest, not ready to let her go.