Girl Gets Her Man Ch. 02

Story Info
She loves her hot chocolate.
3.6k words
4.55
26k
9
Story does not have any tags

Part 2 of the 21 part series

Updated 10/29/2022
Created 02/23/2006
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Truth74
Truth74
151 Followers

He leaned over Joanne and softly intoned, "Joanne, just let me know when you're heading out, okay?"

The slow low way that he'd said it made her shudder. It had definitely been too intimate. 'Intimate. His voice was like... like we were in bed together.' She nodded as she watched him slide the calculator into his bag and stand up. When he skirted around them to get out of the room, Jesse smiled and let out a little giggle. Jo had never seen her do that before.

Jesse watched him walk down the hall and turn the corner. When she was sure he was far away, Jesse slammed the door and dragged Jo to the back of the room. "What the hell did I just walk into?"

"Nothing, Jess. He's one of the people that share this office."

Jo refused to look at her friend, because she knew the girl could tell when she was lying. Jesse asked, "What's his name again?"

"Uh, Daniel," she murmured as she flipped through her papers. 'Concentrate on the papers. Don't show any kind of emotion. She will flay you.'

"How do you know that?"

"He told me when he came in here." She pulled out her calculator and started to punch in numbers.

"Why aren't you looking at me?"

'Don't look up at her!' "Because I need to get this stuff done. That's why I'm here."

"That's crap. What the hell is this?"

Jo glanced sideways at Jesse. Jesse had picked up the cup and opened the lid. "Hot chocolate?"

"Yeah, it's hot chocolate..."

"Was that him? Hot Chocolate is a white boy? Ooh, wait until I tell Terrence..."

"Hey, you told Terrence?" Jo sputtered, "It's not like that. He saw me working late. He works at the coffee shop by The Bans. He probably..."

"He likes you. Smart man. He knew you wouldn't talk, so he left hot chocolate. You have to at least want to hit it once to give 'em food..."

"Jesus," she was about to swear, "give me strength. I'm not interested in him. He's just the type of person that worries. He said something about women walking in the parking lot at night."

"You're not seriously buying that shit, are you?"

"Why haven't you ever worried about me getting home okay?"

"Well, I figured, if you didn't get back by six, I'd call the cops."

"Gee, thanks. Some friend you are. I leave for home around four. I'd be dead and buried before you made the call."

"Fuck you, too," Jesse snorted and took a sip of chocolate. Jo turned back to the probability plot she was working on her calculator. She was just about to press enter when Jesse let out a snort and then a giggle. The giggle slowly turned into a loud laugh. Jo couldn't take the sound. It just grew louder as Jesse arched toward her.

"What," she finally rasped.

"Just look at your face. This kinda thing's never happened to you before. I would've thought he would go after me first. I mean if he wanted to go for the exotic, he should've given me a call."

"What?"

"Oh, you know I don't turn down any action. I've always wondered what it would be like. Why didn't he just come up to you? Is he a freak? I bet he is. Mr. Hot Chocolate probably likes it all weird and shit. He's fine. He should know he's fine. So what's the deal? He probably wants you to spank that tight ass..."

"Jesse, please!" Jo hated it when she talked like that.

"What? You're actually considering it? You don't want a freak to be your first time."

"He wouldn't be my first," Jo said.

Jesse sucked her teeth. "The way you act around men, I figured you were still a virgin."

"I just don't flaunt it around."

"So when was this? It's probably been a good four or five years. Hell, that don't count. It was probably some pimply, ashy boy."

"It counts to me," Jo protested. "It's not like I do it like you do, but I'm not a virgin. Let's leave it at that."

"You might as well be. Give Gary a little bit of attention and he'll take care of the rest. Forget about Mr. Hot Chocolate. I'll check him out."

'I bet you would.' Jo smiled, "Okay, you want him you can have him. But, I don't think I want to hear about it." 'Especially if he's a freak.'

"Well, I gotta go. Terry's probably wonderin where I am. You think about Gary. I told him you were a virgin, but hey, he'll take it slow. You'll love it."

"Okay," Jo said for Jesse's benefit. She wasn't too interested in Jesse's leftovers.

Jesse kissed her on the cheek and left her to do her calculations. She found a few numbers that seemed wrong, and she had to go through her notes to see if there was a math error. She let out a yawn. It was close to four. She packed up her papers and went down to the entrance closest to the parking lot. She had gone out before she remembered Daniel. She tried to get back in but the door was locked. She sighed. She turned and went for her car. That's when she felt the hand on her back. She'd trained for this for three years, now. She knew exactly what to do, though she hoped she didn't have to. She jumped and turned with her keys pointed toward her attacker.

Daniel raised his hands in defense, and moved back from her. "It's okay. I didn't mean to startle you."

"I thought you were..." She sighed for his benefit. "Oh, never mind."

"I came out here to wait for you. I figured you'd forget about me. You did forget about me, didn't you?"

He smiled gently down at her, but she didn't smile back. "Okay," he sighed. "I wanted to prove to you how much you need me. I guess you don't."

He turned his back to her and started off toward the streetlight on the corner.

"Dan?" She heard herself call after him. 'What are you doing? He just scared the crap out of you!'

"Yes?" He spun around and smiled hopefully at her.

"Walk me to my car?"

"Of course," he said as he reached for her arm. She tried not to let him see her flinch away. She put her arm inside his. He put a hand over hers, and they walked slowly. When they reached her car, he released her hand. She opened the car door and got in. Daniel grabbed the door before she shut it and said, "You alright?" She nodded and attempted to smile. It had taken a great deal of strength to just walk with him. He lifted his hand and shook his head in the negative, "No, you're not. I'll be here, every night, Jo. Whether you want me to or not." He shut her door and raised a hand in farewell.

*

Dan had never thought that she would be so beautiful up close. He'd seen her in the shop on occasion since the start of school, but she hadn't actually talked to him. He knew she was in class, but it wasn't appropriate to go up and talk to her then. He'd rarely seen her with anyone , except for that voluptuous friend of hers. In class, that second day, she had stood up quickly to fall into Dr. Samuels' trap. He'd always enjoyed watching the most idealistic student get roped into the night shift. She'd been so firm and certain that it made him take an honest look at her. When the class ended, he'd asked quietly to relieve her from the early morning hours, so that she'd get some sleep. Samuels had told him he was nuts, but he insisted. He'd stayed calm and managed to convince her to give him a shot, which was a miracle in itself. It had been nearly two years since he'd decided to step out of the whole dating scene. He'd needed the time to convince himself that he was worth more than what was out there. He felt better than a simple convenient relationship. He wanted to know about a woman as completely as he could. He wanted to be able to discuss matters with her, without having to feel that he should hold back for fear of hurting her feelings. He wanted a woman that was level headed. Above all, he wanted to avoid sex until he was past the lust phase. He'd come so close to being a father that he'd offered to marry a girl once. He hadn't really known her and the situation forced him to realize that what he did know was detestable. His perfect match would be his friend and companion before she was his lover and wife. Period. There was one catch. Everything about Joanne made him excited. Even when she'd looked up at him in confusion, it was the most attractive widening of her eyes he'd ever seen. His father had always said that the initial rush was not necessarily a good thing. The warning had been very insistent, so he took it to heart. He planned to take it very slow. He'd see her at night, when there were no interruptions and awkward explanations. Then, if things went well, he'd see where the wind blew. He didn't notice he'd crossed the street and walked to his door, until he noticed the special bricks outside the entrance. When he looked up, her friend was standing there before him. She had her arms crossed over her chest and was tapping her toes.

"So, Hot Chocolate, huh?"

"Uh, yes. I'm Daniel." He scanned the woman's face.

"Yeah, I know. You don't remember me, do you?"

"You're Joanne's friend."

She moved toward him and grabbed his shirt. "Yeah, and I'm Candy's, too . She and I used to talk at the clubs. What the hell are you doing?"

"I don't know what you mean," he tried.

"You go from Candy to Jo? No offense to my girl, but she's not even half of Candy, and she's black!"

"Okay, are you mad because I'm interested in Joanne, or because I'm interested in black Joanne? If this is a cultural issue..."

"Jo is a good girl. Candy was a freak," she put a hand in his shirt and felt his abdomen. "What you need is another freak to turn you out. What would Candy say, if I told her you were going after some naïve little girl?"

"Jo is not some little girl. She can make her own choices, just like Candace did."

"Joanne," she purred as she moved her hand down to his crotch, "doesn't know thing one about pleasing a man. She's probably never even seen one of these. I know what Candy's capable of. You're gonna get really bored, really quick. You're probably doing this to get back at her. That's gonna hurt my girl, and I can't let that happen."

He pulled her hand off of his crotch and said, "Candy and I were through a long time ago. I'm sure she's forgotten about me by now. She wasn't what I needed. I can see that now."

She snaked her hands around his neck and pulled him down to her level. "Hmm, she had you trailing her like a dog. Just because you think you're smart, don't think she doesn't still have you. Hell, I could feel that you're feeling me. Where does that leave Jo? I know some of what you like..."

He smoothly said, "I won't do what you're wanting. I don't want her back. I want to get to know Joanne. I'm one thing you and Candy obviously aren't. I'm monogamous."

"Monogamous, huh? Jo's feeling Gary. I could see it on her face when they were talking."

"I'm willing to wait on her."

"So, you're turning me down?"

"Yes, I'm sorry. I'm a one woman man."

She pressed her lips to his and murmured. "What for? If you're curious about what it would be like with a black girl, why not go for me?"

He gripped her right wrist and spun her away from him. He stood up straight and smoothed his shirt.

"Because, I don't have a spark for you. It's not her color, it's the whole package. Let me tell you why it isn't you..."

-

The next morning Joanne woke up in a cold sweat. Jesse was sitting at the foot of her bed.

"You okay? You've been rolling around like crazy. You better be getting up. It's nearly time for class."

She groaned at her friend, "How was Terrence?"

"Oh, I decided to check out Mr. Hot Chocolate."

Jo looked at Jesse with as much animosity as she could, but didn't say anything. She shouldn't have been angry. She had told Jesse it was okay. She wasn't sure how to feel. The guy had obvious feelings for her. That should have counted for something. Her friend didn't look back at her.

"He's really polite. I caught him going into that coffee place. I buttered him up a bit, made the offer, and he told me no. Can you believe that? The guy turned me down."

"Well, I don't know." She smiled inside. It did count for something.

"He said he had feelings for one woman, and he wasn't gonna mess things up with her. Fuck if it wasn't you."

"Christ, Jess. Your mouth," Jo hissed as she pulled on her pants.

"Fuck my mouth. You need to dust this guy before he goes stalker on you."

"Because he wouldn't sleep with you?"

"Because of all of the flowery words he used when he told me no. This guy has got to be some major freak. He's probably bi, or something. Did you get that from him?"

"I don't know, Jess." Jo opened her pack and made sure what she needed was in there.

"Maybe, Terry and I should come and get you in the mornings."

"No, he doesn't seem like the serial killer sort..."

"Listen to yourself. Serial killers don't seem like serial killers."

"I'm fine. His stock goes up every time you mention how he turned you down."

*

That night he came by at about three and pulled up a chair next to hers in the terminal room.

"Your friends a bit forward, you know?"

"She told me you turned her down. She was disappointed." Jo continued to type.

"I'd say she was down right offended. Did she tell you what I said?"

"No, but she said it was flowery."

"Flowery. You want the truth?"

She typed without responding.

"I told her about the moment I decided on you. You were in line at the shop. You let this obnoxious girl get in front of you. You could have fought, but you just let it go. I knew by the look on your face that you were struggling with it for a few seconds before you let it go. Huh. You just forgave her. You didn't look like the caffeine type, so I just slipped a hot decaf mocha latte to Fred before you got there. When you noticed it, you smiled at him. I knew the smile should have been mine. Then you sat down to read by yourself. There's something in the way that your face gets when you concentrate on something. I wanted to see it up close. The way that you purse your lips and smile to yourself. You were instantly the standard to measure every other girl to. When you walked into my class, it was a bonus, because I thought I'd never see you again. I think she rolled her eyes at that point and walked away."

She turned to look at him. "That wasn't flowery. It was a bit..." 'romantic'

She remembered that day. The other girl had shoved her aside and said something about being late. That free latte was just the thing she needed.

"Did I mention the part where I liken you to a Greek statue and dub you my muse?"

"Okay, that's a bit over the top."

"It's true. Songs are tumbling out of me. I can't concentrate on plots," he confided inches from her ear.

"Maybe, you need to go back to days," she sighed as she turned back to her typing, "if I have that kind of an influence."

"Maybe," he whispered, "I should marry you and get it over with."

Stunned, she looked up quickly and tried not to smile at his smiling face. "You're crazy."

"Yeah," he smiled. "Scared yet? I know I am."

"A little. But I figure you'll get tired of all of this soon."

"You are a study in patience. However, there's something about you, Jo. I can't put my finger on it, now. You want to give me a hint?"

She got ready to fire a tart remark, when she looked up at him. She hated the way that he made her heart jump when he made that smiling, curious face.

She blushed instead, "I'm not sure what you mean. I'm not nice like you think."

"As far as I am concerned, your virtue is above reproach."

"By virtue, I hope you don't mean what I think you mean. I'm ...I'm not a virgin."

An obvious blush crossed his face, which was quickly covered with a dip of his head and a smile. "I'm not sure I needed to know that. I'm certain there've been others. I'm no spring lamb, myself. I don't plan on asking you about yours. You don't ask me about mine. Fair enough?"

He stood up and offered her his hand. "May I interest you in a drink and a walk around the building?"

"A drink?"

"Yes." He offered her a brown bottle from his pack. She declined.

"It's not alcohol, see? Ginger beer. I don't drink."

She took the cool bottle and walked out into the hall with him.

"So, do you like the piano, or was it just me."

"Well," she blushed again as she struggled with the bottle cap. "I've always admired piano players."

"Here," Daniel offered, "let me." His fingers wrapped around hers and she let go of the bottle immediately. He caught the bottle with three fingers of his other hand, which made the two bottles clink together.

"There's that something," he softly said as he kept her fingers in his. "What is this?" She didn't want him to ask her, but her hand was shaking in his grasp.

"I don't know what you mean."

"Who did this to you?"

"Did what? I'm just a little jumpy tonight."

He swiftly raised his hand and scratched his forehead. She saw the movement from the corner of her eye. Before she realized where the hand was going, she'd arched away and tried to break from his fingers.

"So, he hit you," he let out a noise that sounded like a laugh.

"Dan, that's not funny. Let go," she forced herself to sound calm. Somehow, he knew exactly what buttons to push to make her upset. He moved against her so that her thigh made contact with his. He then pulled her stiffened body into his arms. The bottles were cold on her back as he studied her face for what seemed like an eternity.

After he held her gaze for a moment, he softly said, "I wasn't trying to be funny. How far did it go?"

"It doesn't matter," she breathed. "Let go of me, please." She heard her voice tremble and knew he heard it too.

"You were referring to that before, weren't you," he whispered with his lips on her forehead. He slowly loosed his grip around her and pulled away. He watched her shiver for a moment. He ran a hand through his hair and asked, "When was it?"

His lips on her head had transmitted a shock down to her spine. It was too intimate a gesture and she resented it after she got over how warm it felt. She had the urge to spill every sordid detail of her life. It wouldn't matter anyway. He wasn't serious, anyway. He'd just laugh about it to his buddies after the hag ball. 'I don't need to tell you anything.' She went back into the terminal room and gathered her things together. He leaned in the doorframe and said, "I'm sorry."

"About what?" She readjusted her bag. Denial had always worked before.

"You're rattled. If some guy hurt you..."

"Nobody hurt me. I'm fine..."

"Don't lie to me, Jo," his words were low and menacing. "You're not very good at it."

'How the hell would you know? Have you met my mother?' "Fine, I don't want to talk to you, right now. I need to go, now."

"Okay, I'll walk you out."

"Okay." She let her breath out slowly. For some reason she'd been expecting a fight. He didn't press for information like she'd thought he would. He grabbed his jacket and walked with her to her car. His hand pressed gently into the small of her back as he guided her along. When they got to the car, the hand slipped across her back and to her elbow. Her arm tingled as he held her there silent. When she moved away, she made sure she wasn't looking into his eyes. The car door was opened as fast as possible, and she got in.

He held on to her door as he had the time before and leaned down. "Every night, Joanne. I gave my word. See you Monday?"

He shut the door for her and put two fingers on the glass. He drew the fingers to his eyes. She wanted so much not to see anything different in those eyes, but it was there. She wasn't sure what. She assumed it was pity, because she felt pretty pitiful after that display of nerves. As she pulled out of her space and drove away, he just stood there.

Truth74
Truth74
151 Followers