Golden Keeper Ch. 03

Story Info
Getting a feel of things.
2.8k words
4.53
24.8k
5

Part 3 of the 12 part series

Updated 10/29/2022
Created 11/10/2008
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Marione
Marione
130 Followers

Chapter Three: Obvious Intentions

Moving one step forward to the window in order to pursue her, Grant heard two quick knocks at the door.Not tonight, he thought. He was contemplating jumping out the window much like the mysterious woman who constantly made way into his thoughts when the knocks became more persistent. Sighing in defeat he slumped over to the wood door and swung it open to reveal the parasite that was Lynette.

"What do you want, Lynette?" He asked, grumpily.

Walking towards him and putting her tiny hands on his massive chest, she purred seductively, "Why do think I'm here, baby?" She looked up at him innocently with her wide, green eyes.

Grant visibly cringed at the use her pet name-no matter how generic it was. "Lynette, seriously," he said as he removed her hands from his chest, "get a grip and leave me alone."

Seeming unfazed by his obvious rejection she continued, "But honey we'll be perfect for each other don't you see?" Again she moved forward only to press her petit form against him and warp his small arms around his sides

"No, Lynette," Grant was already tired of her.

"Baby, Iknowyou want me. I can see it in you eyes."

Grant actually chuckled at that. How she could confuse the completely annoyed look he was giving her for lust was beyond him. When she started to rub up against him again he focused and glared down at her.

"Honestly, Lynette! I have told you countless times that nothing, and I repeat,nothingwilleverhappen between us," he hated to be so cruel but he had to make sure she understood, " so why don't you just go back to your cabin, okay?" He took her shoulders and gently pushed her away.

Lynette wasn't used to rejection... she also though he'd just been played hard to get. At his blunt refusal she finally understood that he didn't want her. Embarrassed and fuming she replied with malice, "What, are you kicking me out because of your little screaming girlfriend?" She leaned to look over his shoulder to see the room empty, "Or are you just angry because she left you, too? Did she find out what you are, Grant? Is that why she left you?" She chuckled and put her red nailed fingertips on her luscious hips.

"She doesn't know, yet," he said, trying to reign in his black temper.

Ignoring his comment for the moment, she kept on, "Don't beridiculous, she's been abused, she's... she's a freak! A loony, traumatized, freak! She haswings, Grant, wings!" Apparently she was too far gone in her rant to notice how Grant stiffened and his eyes turned so dark they were almost coal black.

"Leave." He said quietly but with such menace she stopped yelling abruptly and turned to face him. She was startled by his cold demeanor but would not be shrugged off. "If you don't leave rightnow, Lynette, so help me-"

"Alright, fine! You'll regret this, Grant," she screeched while staring daggers at him, "She may not know what you are, but when she does she leave again for good. Then you'll come crawling back to me! You'll see, Grant, you'll see," she said with finality as she walked away, her short peroxide blonde curls bouncing on her shoulders,you'll all see, she thought maniacally.

Watching her leave, Grant knew she'd be even more troublesome now than she was before. Heaving a heavy sigh Grant shuffled back to window and leaned against it, thinking about the woman again.I should probably go get her now. No sense in letting her get all scared again.Trying a different tactic, he took off his shirt and was preparing to shed the rest of his clothing in order to change when another knock came at the door.

"WHAT?!" He bellowed. Knowing Lynette had gone to her cabin for the night, it was obviously someone else, "When will I ever get a little time of my own?" He grumbled under his breath. Opening his door he didn't even bother to look to see who it was before asking, "Again,whatcan I do for you on this pleasant evening?" Grant looked up as the intruder chuckled and walked in like he owned the place.

"Well is that anyway to talk to your best friend?"

Grant turned to find Finn sprawled across his bed. To wound up to find the antics of his childhood friend funny, Grant replied, "Well, Finn, considering I just had a not-so-friendly encounter with thatleech, Lynette, anyone who approached me next it bound to suffer from the bad mood she put me in." He moved to re-occupy the rocking chair in the corner.

Sensing the seriousness, Finn sat up cross-legged on the sheets, "That's actually what I came to talk to you about," he said. The impish smile gone from his face, his eyes suddenly a darker blue than they were a minute ago.

"Oh, whatnow?" Grant sighed; he didn't think his night could get much worse.

"I came out to see the total havoc she wrecked," the twinkle back in his eyes for a moment, "and as she was leaving she was planning something... something big. Revenge is sweet, my friend. It gets the best of everyone."

Grant nodded his head, his black hair falling in his eyes. She used to be a good girl... Lynette... what happened? He knew that Finn had an ability that allowed him to get a feel for the future; not necessarily a picture but a strong feeling of what was to come. However, Finn only further confirmed his previous thoughts. "I had a feeling she would do something... but let's not worry about her now, okay? I've got other things on my mind," Grant drifted off at the end to think about the woman who escaped him.

"Ah, yes," Finn replied, smiling, "the winged woman. What a fascinating creature... I may have to sample..."

Grant knew Finn was harmless but his comment still got to him, "And I would have to let Jase know, wouldn't I?"

That knocked Finn off his rocker, so to speak, "How did you know?" He asked, suddenly nervous.

"I believe everyone can recognize that look of lust, Finn. No worries though, most people walk around all doe-eyed anyway, eh?"

Finn's face turned a shade of red as he replied, "Y-yeah... I guess so..."

The Finn Grant knew would've normally been gloating about his new claim, and since Finn seemed rather timid about Jase, Grant decided to let it go... after one more question, "So has he given into the chase yet, or what?" Grant chuckled, previously hearing about Finn's slightly dominant nature when it came to his lovers.

"Well..." Finn said, hesitantly, "he's sort of doing the chasing...b-but I like it," he added with a smile, and became lost in his thoughts.

Grant waited for Finn to come back down to earth. Seeing as it was taking too long for his liking though, he coughed to get his attention.

Startled, Finn turned an even darker shade of red, his face almost as red as his hair. "Oh! Uh... right... there was also something else I had to tell you..." he looked down at this, obviously not pleased at what he had to tell the next Alpha.

Grant groaned, "As if anything else could happen... what is it, Finn?"

"Ah, it's your sister, man. I saw her on my way and I told her to give me time so you'd know she was coming."

Grant groaned and cursed, only to be interrupted by a familiar voice.

"Grant I am appalled! Surely mother raised us better than that!"

He looked up at his sister –after giving Finn the look f death- and jokingly said, "Oh, because you're little miss perfect, aren't 'ya?" He knew that his sister had the mouth of a sailor, "What can I do for you, Amira?" Grant knew it always ticked her off when he called her by her real name... and made her live up to her nickname.

True to hernickname, her temper flew easily. "Grant you son-of-a-bitch; do I honestly have to beat my name into you? It worked for Finn over there," she said, pointing at her brother's best friend.

"Hiya, Rage," Finn said through his laughter.

"Don't youHiyame, Finn. You'd better stop laughing if you know what's good for you. On second thought maybe I'll just get Jase to whoop your ass."

Finn whined, "Fine! I'm leaving. See 'ya, man. Bye Amira!" He yelled as he ducked out of her reach and out of the cabin.

Grant clapped to get Rage's attention from staring evilly at Finn's retreating back, "Yes,Rage," he said, stressing her nickname, "what's up?"

"First off, the bitch Lynette really needs to leave. Why is she still here anyway? Can't you just kick her out? Second, what's up with the chick with the silver hair? I mean, what's her deal?" Rage looked around and realized that she wasn't even there...she was supposed to be though... right?She though, then asked, "Hey, where is she anyway?"

"You know I can't kick her out because I'm not Alpha yet, and as long as dad still is he can keep her here. Her parents made him promise to take care of her before they passed and I don't think that kicking her out would be very good way to respect their wishes. As for the woman, I have no idea who she is or where she came from. She escaped out the window and I was going to get her when Lynette came... then Finn... then you. So if you don't mind, get to the point of your visit so I can go find her, please."

"Oh, please," Rage scoffed, "You'll find her. I had actually just come to see the damage Lynette had done but seeing as there is none, I'll just let you know that your relationship with that escapee is surprisingly strong... even though you said you didn't know her." She made the end of that a question, confused by the bonds she was sensing.

Like Finn, his sister had an ability however hers was sort of like seeing relationships. It was useful in its own way, he supposed. Although Grant didn't know how to respond to her statement so he just said, "It's probably because I'm the only one she's familiar with."Even though she's never actually seen me...

Rage saw right through her brother and knew there was something he wasn't telling her. "All right, if that's what you think," she said, respecting his privacy, "I'll leave you to go find her... and I'll warn off any people that may be on their way to chat with you." She chuckled at the last part then got up off the bed she took Finn's place on. "See 'ya at breakfast?" She said as she was leaving. After what Finn had told her about what he felt about her brother's future, added to the fact that she could already tell they (the mysterious woman and Grant) had a bond; Rage knew that there was only one obvious turn out for the two... even if Grant was completely oblivious to it. Grant would've questioned Rage's sudden smirk but he was starting longingly at the windowagain.

"Yeah," he replied, unfocused, and walked towards the open window.

___

He raced through the woods, his ears pinned back, his short, black coat of fur ruffling in the wind he made, his nose following her scent like a moth to light. When he spied her sleeping form huddled near a moss-covered log he slowed to a trot and circled her. Deciding that it would better to wait until morning to talk to her he curled up near her trying to keep her warm. He closed his eyes and listened to her steady heartbeat as he fell asleep.

___

When she woke up the next morning she felt much warmer than she had the night before. Shifting positions so she could fall back to sleep she encountered a mass of soft fur. Opening her pale eyes she was face to... back... of what she thought was a giant furry monster. Gasping she scrambled up with her back pressed against the log.

___

He heard her gasp and knew that this morning was going to be harder than he though. He stretched, happy and relaxed from his slumber. He always used to make fun of Finn, who said that sleep (and sex) could cure any bad mood; but now he was beginning to agree on the former statement. He hadn't gotten a good night's sleep in months, worrying and preparing over his upcoming duties. Shaking his head as if to banish his more morose thoughts he rolled over and rose slowly. Turning around so he could face her, he was saddened to see how afraid of him she was.

He approached very, very cautiously, as not to frighten her even further, but she apparently didn't want to be touched. She was pressed so hard against the log he was afraid she'd break her wing again. Growling her eased into the surface of her mind, willing her to stop. While some of the other members of his pack had smaller powers, his was mind control and he had yet to find its limits.

Grant swung around to go back into the forest where he left his jeans. The minute his turned he heard her get up so he turned back around and growled, this time at her. He didn't want her to go into shock after seeing him change back to human form so he eased into the surface of her mind... again... and willed her to close her eyes. Grant felt extremely guilty at having to use his powers on her but since she was so unwilling to stay he felt as though he had no other choice. Shrugging, as much as he could in his wolf form, he changed back, stretched, dressed and went to stand in front of her under the rising sun.

___

As the wolf turned away from her she tried to get up, only to be growled at by the wolf of monstrous size that had turned quickly back around. It obviously wanted her to stay where she was so she figured that she might as well obey while she thought of an escape.

She watched as the wolf walked backwards to the edge of the forest to pick up a pair of pants. The woman was confused,are they for me?She felt her eyes closing against her will but she wasn't fainting, or falling asleep... there was just an unknown force making her close her eyes. When she wasallowedto open them the wolf wasn't there anymore. In its place was a man... a very large man... a very large,gorgeousman.

For some reason she was still unable to find her voice so she just stared open-mouthed at the handsome stranger.

___

Grant was waiting for the woman say something...anything. The sun was beating down onto him and he was getting unnerved in the heat... also under her intense silver stare. After waiting a few minutes he assumed she wasn't going to talk so he sat down to get comfortable.I might as well start,he thought amicably; he wasn't going to let anything ruin his good mood. He was in for a long morning.

___

The woman was still in awe of him but was also afraid of him,where did he come from?Not knowing he thought the very same thing. After minutes of silent appraisal on her part he sat down but still held a look of expectancy... as if he wanted her to say something? She didn't know if she could find her voice, so thankfully he initiated the conversation.

"So where are you from?" He asked her. She almost swooned at his voice, like deep, rich, velvet. The woman just stared at him, her mouth opening... trying to speak... but nothing cam out. Frustrated, she tried harder at no avail. She could tell he thought she was odd, as if the wings weren't enough, with the opening and closing of her mouth repeatedly.

Angered at herself for her muteness, she focused all her energy into speaking. Her veins became clearly visible and one in her forehead seemed to bulge and throb under pressure. Her delicate hands closed into tight fists and her eyelids fluttered in concentration. Then she relaxed, her silvery-blue eyes opened, her fingers spread and her veins returned to being only semi-visible under her pale skin.

After her moment of peace was over she seemed to burst through her restraints; her skin glowing with power, her irises turning almost white and blue markings appeared on her skin... only all these signs of extraordinary power disappeared with her first word.

"Hello."

Marione
Marione
130 Followers