Gorean Locales Ch. 03

Story Info
A summary of Gorean locations.
873 words
4.75
16.8k
00

Part 3 of the 5 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 10/17/2004
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Joseki Ko
Joseki Ko
179 Followers

John Norman created the world of Gor in the late 1960's and early 1970's in a series of 25 books. These books were written on a level for adults to be able to understand the philosophy he was trying to convey. Many people became infatuated with the philosophy and began to develop and insert many of the Gorean ways and beliefs into their daily lives. These are locations from his books

North Western Gor

Treve:

A mountain, bandit city, 700 pasangs high in the crags of the Voltai, north of Ar, located between Ar and the Sardar Mts. Few know its exact location, only the territory claimed by the city. and it is said you can only reach it by tarn. They do not grow food and raid the harvests of others. They live by plunder. Their tarnsmen rank with those of Thentis and Ko-ro-ba. There are no trade routes to the city. It even has some silver mines. It is also known as the Tarn of the Voltai. Merchants and ambassadors are brought to the city only under conduct, hooded and in bonds.

Ar:

A massive walled city of thousands of lofty cylinders, spires, towers, lights, and high bridges lit by lanterns connecting many of the towers. Surrounded by great walls, it's great Gate opens onto the Viktel Aria and there are forty other gates as well. Formerly the seat of the Empire of Ar, it is located on "the plains" of central Gor, between the Vosk River and Cartius River and between the Voltai Mts. and Thassa. Described as being "low in the temperate zone of the Northern hemisphere of Gor," this might be the largest, most ppulous and most glorious city on Gor. The city is located south of the Vosk River and north of the Cartius River. Ar claims the land between the Vosk and the Cartius, the Ar tarnsmen do not fly south of the Cartius. There is a swamp forest to the north border of Ar. Ar is the hereditary enemy of Ko-ro-ba, and also an enemy of Cos and Tyros. Ar claims the southern shore of the Vosk, as Ar has no port, the Vosk is very important. Ar is a central city containing the Home Stones of a dozen other cities and has become an empire. Its population is thought to be about two to three million free people.

Volitai Mountains "Spine of Gor":

A vast mountain range which rises from the midst of known Gor "like the spine of the continent," you can see the spires of Ar from the nearer Voltai ranges. They are located south of the Vosk, northeast of Ar, the east foothills are within pasangs of Ar, the Voltai constitutes the Eastern border of known Gor. Also known as the Red Mountains, they are dull reddish cliffs due to large deposits of iron oxide, they are known as the greatest mountains on known Gor. The Voltai is home to several bandit cities and bands of outlaws including Treve.

Victoria:

This city is the capital of the Vosk League, located on the northern bank, east of Ar’s Station, between Fina and Tafa. It once was a den of thieves, a market and slave town. Most of the pirates and thieves have been run out of the town. Tasdron is the Administrator.

Southern Regions

Far South

Land of the Wagon People aka Turian Plains:

The Plains of Turia are called the Land of the Wagon Peoples by some. The Wagon Peoples are a proud group, living their own isolated way of life and despising those in the cities for their fear of the broad sky and windswept plains. They exist off the bosk, carefully conserving every portion.

Turia:

A major city-state of Gor situated south of the equator on the plains of Turia. Turia is said to be named for the Tur tree, especially one found near a stream. Turia counts it years from summer solstice to summer solstice. It's wealth and opulence is well known and the city is often referred to as the 'Ar of the south'. ~~ I did not much care for the sweet, syrupy wines of Turia, flavored and sugared to the point where one could almost leave one's fingerprint on their surface.

pages 83-84, Nomads of Gor

Tuchuk:

These nomads have encampments of thousands of gaily painted wagons, their herds of the reverenced bosk, often numbering into the millions, surrounding them. Throughout the day, the camps are teeming with scarred warriors, kaiila, clad Kajir slaves, dour free women, haruspexes and domesticated sleen. All Tuchuk men are expected to defend their encampment, so there are no castes as such, but clans, such as healers, leather workers and salt seekers exist, including the clan of torturers. The Tuchuk warrior prays to the 'Spirit of the Sky' on kaiila-back with his weapons at hand, demanding victory and luck for themselves, defeat and misery for their enemies, primarily Turia. '...chief of the things before which the proud Tuchuk stands ready to remove his helmet is the sky, the simple, vast beautiful sky, from which falls the rain that, in his myths, formed the earth, the bosks, and the Tuchuks.

Book 4: Nomads of Gor, pages 12, 21,27, and 28.

Joseki Ko
Joseki Ko
179 Followers