Growing Josh Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He was floored when Josh handed him a shoebox-sized package that had a slight metallic rattle that Trent wasn't sure how to decipher. Ripping open the package, Trent snapped the tape holding the lid in place with several determined tugs, and lifted the lid. Glancing inside he knew immediately it held several new halters for him to use with his mustang. But as he looked closer he realized these weren't the typical halters from the feedmill, the braiding and construction looked, different. He looked up at Josh with a questioning look on his face.

"I made 'em. Mitch showed me how to braid, and I've been working on them for awhile," said Josh.

"How long?" asked Trent quietly.

"I dunno, couple of months maybe," said Josh, suddenly looking shy.

Darrin watched for a moment as the two younger men struggled to put this new information in perspective. Realizing they needed rescuing, Darrin turned to the sheriff.

"Jim, did you have something for Trent?" said Darrin.

"Sure did," said Jim as he stepped forward and held out a tube to Trent.

Trent gingerly took the cylinder from the lawman's hand, examining it carefully.

"Don't worry, kid. It's safe to open," said Jim with a chuckle.

Trent bristled slightly at the 'kid' comment, but quickly relaxed knowing it was just part of the sheriff's persona. He laid the tube across his legs and ripped off the brown paper. Popping off the plastic cap, he gently pulled out the rolled paper. Opening it, he saw it was a collection of graphic images created primarily in black and red. He looked back at the sheriff with a shocked look on his face.

"I told you, native people need to stick together; even ones that are blond," said Jim with a chuckle.

"But . . ." stammered Trent.

"My college roommate was Haida. A friend of his does traditional work. I thought you might like some of the artwork of your dad's people."

Trent slowly unrolled the paper, carefully studying each image as he tried to regain his composure. Trent prided himself on never showing weakness, never letting anyone know they had gotten to him, he was always the badass in every situation. But the sheriff's gift had affected him deeply. Suddenly all the good memories of his father, the ones he had carefully walled away to protect them, came flooding back. The large bronze skinned hand that held his small pale one, the kiss on his forehead at night, the long dark braid that Trent would tug at. It all came back, memories he thought were long lost, as if each of the tribal totems somehow triggered a new surge of memories. By the time he reached the final symbol, a killer whale that was exactly like his tattoo, he couldn't look up, he wouldn't let himself look up, because his eyes were flooded with tears. He couldn't let these men see him crying, he hadn't cried since his father died.

Mitch saw the surge of emotions overcome Trent and caught Darrin's eye. With an imperceptible nod from Mitch, Darrin realized what was happening.

"Josh, would you go bring the ice cream from the chest freezer while Jim and I get the cake. We need some food at this party," said Darrin as he directed attention away from Trent.

As the other three began getting the food together, Mitch walked over and put his hand on Trent's shoulder and handed him a box of tissues. Never looking up, Trent pulled a few out and wiped his eyes. After a few seconds he looked up at Mitch, "It just brought back memories of my dad. I hadn't really thought about him in a long time. Sorry."

"You don't ever need to apologize to anyone in this house for having feelings. I'm glad you have good memories of your dad. Someday, when you're ready, I'd like to hear about him."

Trent finally looked up at Mitch, wiping the last tear from his cheek. "Yeah, I think I'd like that."

"Cake's ready everyone!" announced Darrin cheerfully. "Come blow out the candles, Trent."

Trent bounced to his feet, having swept past the sadness as only a teenager can. He walked over to the cake and watched as Darrin lit eighteen candles very carefully.

Trent inhaled, leaned in, and at the last second paused and looked at Darrin with a twinkle in his eyes.

"No flaming dildo's this year?" said Trent innocently, then blew out the candles while Darrin sputtered.

<><><><>

Josh sat nervously at the kitchen table, not quite sure why he was doing this, but understanding that he needed for it to happen. After Zach had dumped him he hadn't wanted to be with anyone. But now he was having feelings again, ones that were different from those he'd had with his first boyfriend Tony, or his recent lover Zach. He wasn't sure why, but he couldn't stop thinking about him. It was becoming obsessive; Josh would catch himself staring at his lips while he talked, watching his ass when he walked away. Josh resisted at first, but finally decided he had to try, he knew it could be a disaster, but he had to get it out of his system. His agonizing wait finally came to an end when he heard the door slam shut.

Turning he watched as Trent walked into the room. Feeling Josh's eyes on him, Trent slowed then stopped.

"What?" said Trent curtly.

"Umm, I need to ask you something," stammered Josh.

"What?"

"Would you mind coming over here? I don't really want to yell it across the room," said Josh quietly.

Trent paused, then sighed and walked to Josh, standing across the table with his arms crossed. "Well?"

Josh's words tumbled out, "I was wondering if you wanted to go out, you know, like a date. I'd pay for everything, not that you need me to, but since I asked you I thought—" Josh stopped, realizing he was sounding like a stammering twelve year old who was asking a classmate to go steady. Glancing up he looked into Trent's ice blue eyes, and waited.

Warring feelings erupted inside Trent. Part of him thought this was a joke, but the look on Josh's face said otherwise. Was Josh just looking for a quick fuck thinking that because Trent had survived on the streets for months by selling his body that he'd be easy? Well if that was the case, he was in for a rude surprise. Two months ago a date with Josh would have been ridiculous, but now . . . now it didn't sound that bad. He looked at Josh, trying to get an idea of why, but saw only a very unsure man who had put himself at risk for rejection by asking Trent out.

"When?" said Trent.

"Whenever you'd like, anything you want to do," said Josh as hope started to grow.

"Saturday night, I want a Sonic burger, onion rings and a movie. One of the action flicks, you pick," said Trent without any outward emotions.

"Yeah. Sure! That'd be great, sounds fantastic," said Josh, as his dream rapidly became reality.

"K," said Trent. Josh watched as Trent turned and walked back out of the house, pulling his leather gloves on as he went.

Trent walked quickly to the barn, knowing he needed some time alone with the horses to settle his nerves. His stomach was in knots and his emotions in turmoil as he tried to work out what he had just agreed to.

<><><><>

Trent sat quietly as the pickup rolled to a stop. He had to admit, it had been fun. Once Josh got over his stammering and stuttering, he was pretty easy to talk with, and he loved to chatter about his art classes and what he was learning. Trent would have thought it would have bored him to tears, but it was actually interesting.

The burger and onion rings had been good too, and the latest comic book adaptation that Josh had picked had held their attention. Josh had also treated him with respect; he hadn't pawed at him or tried anything. Well, he had slid his hand over the top of Trent's while they were watching the film, but Trent had enjoyed the gentle touch. But now they were at the end of the date, and Josh would want something in exchange. One thing Trent had decided months ago, and the attitude of the guys had just reinforced it, no one was taking anything else from him. He would work through his issues eventually, but whoever he was with was going to move at his speed, not at the pace of rampant hormones. He heard a rustle and looked over to see Josh turn to look at him.

"Tonight was cool. I really had a good time," said Josh.

"Me too," said Trent, and with a smile he added, "Damn good burgers too!"

Josh chuckled, "Yeah, Sonic burgers are the best." Josh paused for a moment and continued, "The movie wasn't bad either."

"Nope, it was great, especially the epic fight scene, I mean --" Trent held up his hands with a smile.

Trent saw that Josh was leaning toward him, and suddenly the pickup felt very hot. He wasn't sure what to do. Did he want this? He'd never let one of his john's kiss him. But suddenly he wanted this expression of gentle sensuality, but he wasn't sure he could deal with it. He needed to know; he needed Josh to understand the importance of the act.

"Josh . . ."

Josh paused, concern flashing across his face. "Yeah?"

"I've never let anyone kiss me, not like that . . ." said Trent softly.

Josh paused and thought about what Trent was saying, "Nobody?"

"No, it was too personal. The sex I could take myself out of, but not a kiss," said Trent, suddenly he smiled, "You not ever see 'Pretty Woman'?"

Josh smiled softly, "Yeah, I have. I'd love to be your first, Trent. If you'll let me."

With a slight tremor, Trent leaned toward Josh. As their lips touched, Trent felt passion explode through his body. Josh's lips were hot and moist, and with each press the sensations improved. He felt Josh's hand curl around the back of his neck, and this time the touch felt wonderful. Their lips pressed harder as Josh rubbed Trent's neck. Trent was enshrouded by the passion of the touch. His senses became overwhelmed in delightful ways that he had never imagined. Soon the sensations were flooding his body, his nipples were hard and aching, his cock was stiff and dripping as it sought release. The sensations became overwhelming when he felt Josh pull back slightly. Leaning his head down, Josh rested his forehead against Trent's as he panted for breath.

"Oh god, that was the best fuck'n kiss I've ever had," said Josh with a gasp.

"Yeah. Fuck," stammered Trent.

Trent looked into Josh's eyes, to see lust shrouding them. He felt the hands shift, until Josh was cupping his face between them. Josh turned his head and slid in, their lips again igniting a shower of emotions that ensnared both men. Trent felt Josh's tongue glide over his lips, and in response parted them slightly. Immediately Josh sensed the willingness, and drove his tongue deep in Trent's mouth, tasting and explore his steamy oral cavity. Quickly, Trent responded, and their tongues warred for entry. Pressing hard as they tongue fucked each other's mouths. Trent felt his body tremble with passion, not certain how to deal with these raging emotions.

Josh felt the younger man tremble under his hands, his cock hard as steel and desperately wanting more. But while he thought right now Trent would have little will to resist, Josh didn't want him to have regrets. With almost overwhelming disappointment, he slowly pulled back. Still holding his date in his hands, he could feel shiver after shiver race through Trent's body. Hesitantly he leaned in and kissed Trent on the forehead. Pulling back again he glanced at Trent and was amazed at the power of their shared kiss. Trent was flushed and panting, his body still wracked with occasional tremors.

"You ok?" said Josh softly.

Trent gulped once, then twice, and nodded. He pushed up and moved slowly to the door of the pickup. Josh watched him crack open the door, slowly slide down the seat, seemingly barely catching himself when his boots hit the ground. Josh thought he was going to walk off without a word, but was surprised to see him turn.

"This was fuck'n amazing, Josh. Thanks," said Trent softly.

"Yeah, can we do it again?" asked Josh hesitantly.

"Hell yeah," said Trent with a smile.

Josh watched as Trent walked to his house, making sure he made it inside then backed up the short distance, and parked at the main house. Josh waited patiently, knowing Darrin or Mitch would probably still be awake and he didn't want to have to explain his rampant erection.

Trent leaned against the door as he closed it behind him, still panting. His body was wracked with shock waves of passion as he tried desperately to regain control. He would have never believed a kiss would have the kind of effect it had. He was glad he'd never given that gift to any of the johns. Trent lifted his shaking hand to open the button on his jeans, after several failed attempts, he managed to open them, then pulled out the front of his briefs to see his thick pubic hair coated with massive quantities of cum. The white pleasure was still leaking from his softening cock as his underwear became progressively more soaked.

Trent held up his pants and carefully made his way to the shower. Quickly stripping, he was soon standing under torrents of hot water. As he turned slowly under the steaming hot water, a shy smile crept over Trent's face.

<><><><>

As the mild fall days morphed into winter, Josh and Trent became more and more comfortable with each other. They were slowly getting to know each other, but since both of them had so much baggage, they were reluctant to give over any power, understanding that information was dominance. In spite of the misgivings, the pair progressed, granted it was in short spurts and fits, but becoming more and more comfortable with each other, learning slowly to trust each other. They each gave the other small parts of their hearts. To the careful observer it was obvious that Josh gave his trust more readily though, his love for Trent becoming a very important part of his life.

Their physical relationship developed too, although more slowly. Josh had let Trent set the pace and so far the couple had moved little beyond passionate kissing. Josh was being very cautious and wanted Trent to be ready for each step.

Tonight they were contentedly relaxing on the couch with their legs intertwined, when Mitch came in with a smile covering his face. The boys looked up, as did Darrin from his desk.

"Mom and Dad are coming for Thanksgiving!" said Mitch excitedly.

"The Thanksgiving that's next week?" asked Darrin, his brows knitted together.

"Yup! It'll be great! I can't wait to show them the ranch," said Mitch as he paced the room in excitement.

Darrin turned to the two boys, who self-consciously separated, "You two don't make plans, this house has to be cleaned top to bottom. The barns too, I want everything cleaned up before they get here."

"Where're they gonna sleep?" asked Josh.

Darrin hesitated for a minute, fully aware that the two of them were dating. Sighing quietly he made a decision, knowing full well that he may regret it later.

"They'll sleep in your room, Josh. If you don't mind, you can bunk with Trent. We can get a blow-up mattress if you want," said Darrin

Josh looked at Trent and they nodded without any further comment. Darrin took that as acceptance and moved on to other details. The next hour was a flurry of planning and task assignment as Darrin mapped out the holiday. Soon the boys had gone to their respective beds, with a soft kiss when they thought Darrin and Mitch were not looking.

Darrin watched as Josh closed the door behind himself. He heard Mitch clear his throat softly. "I know, this could be a disaster," said Darrin.

"It could make the Little Big Horn look like a slight misunderstanding," said Mitch with his brows arched.

Darrin twisted his lips and shrugged, hoping he and Mitch were both wrong.

<><><><>

Trent stood behind the other three, not sure what he thought about the arrival of Mitch's parents. The past week Darrin had been on a complete ass bender about getting everything ready for their arrival. The whole drama about them coming already had him wondering, and Darrin's obvious nervousness was just adding to his anxiety. Now that they were standing on the porch watching the car come up the driveway, his concern was almost palpable. Trent watched as the car rolled to a stop, hesitating as Mitch and Darrin hurried to greet them. He watched as the four of them took turns embracing, before he realized that Josh was still standing beside him.

Josh looked over with a lopsided grin, "I've never met them either."

Trent inhaled, his mouth forming an "O" with the realization. As he watched, he saw Mitch turn and wave them over. He and Josh slowly walked over, smiles plastered over their faces. As they got closer Mitch grabbed Trent's arm and pulled him into the small crowd.

"This is Trent. He's been helping out for the past year or so. He's fantastic with the horses, I've never seen anyone with his touch before," said Mitch to his parents, then looking over at Trent he finished the introductions, "Trent, these are my parents, Patsy and Mike."

Mitch's mother made it almost a full second before she wrapped her arms around Trent and pulled him tight. Of course she knew his background, but she didn't care. For some reason he reminded her of Mitch at that age. She felt a slight tremor go through Trent and decided she had forced her affection on the boy long enough. Releasing him, she stepped back with her hands still cradling Trent's arms.

"It's great to finally get to meet you, Trent," she said quietly.

Trent glanced over to see Mitch's dad holding out his hand, and mechanically let his hand be pumped. His arms fell limply to his sides as he watched the introduction ritual repeated with Josh.

"Mom, Dad, this is Josh. He's the one responsible for the goats, and that crazy red and white dog," said Mitch with a chuckle. Josh reddened slightly as he shook Mike's hand and was held tight by Patsy.

Patsy slid her hand in both boys' arms and beamed at them. Turning to Josh she started. "Josh, we've heard so much about you. I really want to see the herd of goats you have, and this new mustang that you're working with." She smiled and turned, "Trent, I also want to see this miracle in horsehide that you've apparently have working better than a well trained Lipizzaner. Now, if I could get the two best looking guys here to escort me to the house?" said Patsy with a smile.

Both boys grinned back at her, already feeling closer to her than either of their mothers, who had discarded them. Trent was more cautious, but still Patsy was working her magic on him as they slowly walked her to the house, listening to her charming chatter. As the three of them walked into the house, Mitch heard his dad chuckle. Looking over, he lifted a questioning eyebrow.

"I was just thinking. Your mother always was good with wild things," said Mike with a laugh.

<><><><>

That evening was spent in pleasant conversation, with Trent and Josh feeling included in the conversation. Josh told Mitch's parents about the degree he was working on in graphic arts, and Trent was pulled into the conversation as he regaled them with his work with Whitey, his BLM mustang; as well as the tricks he had been teaching Josh's Border Collie, Max and his purchase of some of the goats from Josh's growing herd.

Since Patsy and Mike's home was a modern day homestead, they were very interested in hearing both boys' experiences. Soon they were telling stories of Feathers, their Friesian horse that wasn't sure if he was a horse, or a dog; and their wandering flock of chickens that made their egg cartons look like a Pride flag. Trent relaxed and was soon laughing along with everyone else.

Eventually the night began to wind down and Mitch's parents obviously needed sleep. After Patsy yawned a third time in so many minutes, Darrin called an end to the evening.

"I think it's time for bed. I know I'm about to crash," said Darrin.

"I'm afraid you're right. We're about to fall asleep in the middle of the conversation," said Mike as he helped his wife to her feet. "Where did you want us? At this point I could sleep on the kitchen floor."