Hades Ch. 05

Story Info
Deciding what to do.
2.8k words
4.57
15.9k
12

Part 5 of the 9 part series

Updated 10/01/2022
Created 03/23/2011
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Author's Note:

I have found an awesome editor, LadyDraco who worked extremely hard for me. I'm currently working on the next chapter. Hope you enjoy!

BeastLover18

************

"He's really hot," Shelly said as Hector the Goth walked away.

"He is really hot," Stephanie agreed as they both stared at his ass.

"You guys act as if you have just seen Brad Pitt when looked good."

Shelly turned to Claire with a grasp, "Claire, are you kidding me? That man is gorgeous."

"Oh please, he's okay, at best."

"Okay?! Claire do you have eyes?"

"Yes I do, but he's really not all that great."

Stephanie turned and looked at Claire as if she had grown another head. "That guy is like dark hot; it's like he would be Hades running the Underworld."

Claire laughed, "That I can't argue with." They walked as a group to the apartment they shared. Once inside, Claire walked to her room, put down her purse and books, and changed into shorts and a baggy t-shirt. She went to her desk and opened up her Greek mythology book. She began reading about Hades and his dark Underworld. Then she skipped to the part about Hades kidnapping Persephone picking flowers and Hades taking her to the Underworld. Claire started to drop off to sleep, but she quickly shook her head and got up to make coffee. It was six p.m. and she hadn't had a decent night sleep in the past two months. Some days she sleeps peacefully. Some other days she'd dream about horrible things.

"Hey we need to talk," Shelly told Claire as she took a sip of her coffee.

"What's up?" She asked as she looked at Stephanie and Shelly over the rim of her coffee mug.

"We know you haven't been sleeping right," Claire rolled her eyes at them as she cupped the mug with both hands to warm them.

"Trust me guys, you'd stay awake too if you had my dreams."

"Claire honestly, two days ago we heard you screaming."

Claire frowned, "Why was I screaming?"

"I don't know, but I do know that it was in Greek."

Claire laughed, "Greek? You guys are too funny."

Shelly rolled her eyes, "All I know Claire is that if you don't start doing something about these dreams we will."

Claire nodded; she knew they would send her to a crazy hospital if she didn't. Once she told them that she would, she grabbed her purse and coat then left the apartment. When the cold hit her she put her hood over her head and put her hands into her pockets; she took a deep breath and then walked to the store that was a block away from her apartment. "Hello Claire." Claire glanced at the guy behind the counter Carl, who had a two year old daughter at home. "Hello Carl, how is Susan?"

"She's good; been driving me a little insane, with her constant tantrums."

"You poor thing."

He laughed, "Yeah, but I love her like crazy."

Claire laughed as she walked down the aisle looking at the medications he had for sale. She knew that her friends would go and rat her out to the school, saying that she was under a lot of pressure. "Well, well. What is a lovely lady like you doing here?" Claire turned towards the deep voice coming from behind her.

"What in the heck are you doing here?"

He laughed, "I asked you first."

"I'm getting some sleeping pills."

His eyebrows raised, "Sleeping pills?"

"Yes sir, I'm getting sleeping pills."

"Having a hard time falling asleep?"

She took a deep breath and then released it, "Well, I haven't had a good night sleep and my roommates threatened me so here I am. I'm hoping that the sleeping pills will knock me out to the point that I won't dream at all."

Hades stared at the plump girl. "What kind of dreams?"

"Bad ones."

Hades blinked, "That sucks."

"Well everyone suffers from bad dreams at least once in their lives."

"Really?" he asked curiously.

"Yeah, but somehow I don't think you would understand." She laughed,

"What do you mean 'you wouldn't understand'?"

"No, that is not what I meant. I mean, come on look at you, you're all Goth-ed out." Hades looked down at his black outfit.

"What is wrong with the way I dress?"

She giggled, "Never mind." She shook her head and looked back at the pills.

"Come on, what kind of dreams?" Hades again asked as he got closer to her.

"I don't know. I have dreams, sometimes I'm scared and other times I feel just fine." He looked at this curvy woman as she continued to look at the aisle of pills. She was like no one he had ever come across before. "Aha!" she said as she grabbed a box with the word Melatonin written on the side. "Thanks." Hades shook his head and watched her pay for the pills and walk out of the small store. Once she, left Hades walked outside and over to the payphone behind the store, he made sure no one saw him as he slowly faded away. He hated new technology. It made the God's lives so much harder. He placed himself in front of his throne and the frustration surrounded his body. The loud rocks falling around him easily comforted him will he stood looking into the flowing lava. "Hello, Hades." Hades tensed and turned to look at the bitch that had destroyed his life.

"Get the hell out of my Underworld. I hope you die writhing in pain you monstrous bitch!"

Demeter lifted her small slender fingers to cover her lips as she laughed, "Oh Hades, you always did have a way with words."

"GET OUT!" He roared at her.

"Hades, are you still mad at me because Persephone died while under my care?" She asked unaffected by his yell.

"Mad is not even close to the word I would use to describe how I feel right now. I wish to see you burned to death repeatedly in my Underworld." He turned his back to her and looked at the throne that Persephone had sat in she was alive. "Did you know about the baby?"

"Of course I did. I'm just glad she died before she could give birth to it." She admitted as she leaned against the throne room door.

Rage filled Hades. In all the years that he had been alive he had never hit a woman, but his mother-in-law was really testing him. "Get out." He said in the calmest voice he possessed.

Demeter didn't budge while taking in his choice of clothing. "Where have you been?"

"I just visited Theseus." Hades said wanting to see the panic enter eyes. The lie had been worth it; once the name left his lips Demeter's face paled and she stood erect. "Why would you go and visit him?"

"I'm still making sure that he suffers daily. I was planning to visit his friend in about two more years. His punishment has gotten more....intense over the years." He watched as Demeter had relaxed, "What are you still doing here?"

She smiled, "I just love seeing you suffer."

Hades held his breath for ten seconds then released it, "Get the fuck out Demeter, or I'll make sure that Zeus and his monthly whore find your head in their bed."

Demeter smiled then faded away, and exited his domain. Hades sat down on his throne, put his head in his hands, and began thinking. He knew he had to find the girl and unlock the memories she held. He rubbed his forehead, and inhaled the taste of ash and hot air.

"Hades," he looked up to see Athena once again in his doorway. "What has you so sad?"

He sat back and watched as her flew overhead and landed on his arm rest. "I have yet to find the girl that carries Persephone's soul, and I fear that when I do the girl I find will hate me."

Athena scoffed, "Of course she will, Demeter made sure that this new Persephone will not be attracted to you, well at least initially. When you find the girl you must get her to see the real you, the self that Persephone fell in love with."

Hades felt a sense of déjà vu; he had had a very similar talk with Athena days before he took Persephone from her mother's domain in the very beginning.

"I don't know where to begin." Hades admitted sadly.

Athena laughed, "Didn't we have this talk before Hades? Do what you did in the past to win Persephone's heart."

"I raped her before I loved her."

Athena smiled sadly. "You always loved her Hades. Aphrodite just made it twofold. Once your lust was spent you realized that you loved her unconditionally. If you can win this girl's heart you'll have Persephone without the six months of absence. You will be able to have her in your domain forever. She must see her mother at least once a year, but that is up for both of you to decide.

Hades exhaled, "So, I can keep her?"

"Yes. Well....Unless Pirithous gets to her first, then her mother wins."

****

She didn't know if she was dreaming or not, but it felt like she was. She was in a bed that had satin sheets. Next to her was the warmest body she had ever felt, she could tell by the hardness of his chest and legs that it was a guy. She felt happy, which was something she hadn't felt in a while. Then he put an arm around her waist, and nuzzled her neck; she sighed and settled against him. "It's almost time to wake up," his gruff voice said.

"Today is our last day together," she said as tears started to form even though she knew that he hated it when she cried.

"Damn it woman! You know I hate when you're sad. Baby, please stop crying. I feel so helpless when you cry." He pressed his body closer to hers.

"I'm sorry, but I will miss you so much."

"I know, but I'll just torture someone until you come back."

"Baby, you can't do that."

He started kissing her back, "I can do whatever I damn well please; it's my domain."

She laughed, "What am I going to do with you?"

"Love me forever?" he moaned as she brought his hand to her mouth and kissed the center of his palm. "Of course I'll love you forever. We're immortal."

"There are ways to killing immortals," he said sadly.

She frowned, "I'm sorry, I keep forgetting. I guess I'm just so used to you or my mother protecting me."

"I know. I should stop and let you see what life is really like. It is harsh my love, really harsh." She rubbed the forearm that was wrapped around her and sighed.

"Baby, you know that I wish to find the good in others."

"Yeah well, I believe everyone is evil, and that few people are willing to do good a deed without wanting a reward in return."

"Believing there is good in others is what helped me forgive you after you took me with force."

The warm body tensed, "I suffer daily with that memory." He rolled on his back with his left forearm covering his eyes.

She laid her head on his chest and put her leg around his waist. "Please stop being so hard on yourself, my love. I forgave you and you should forgive yourself too."

****

Hades sighed; he was sitting in the college library wondering how he could find Persephone's soul. "My lord?" Hades head jerked up to see Thanatos standing two tables in front of him; he was wearing black skinny jeans, and a tight Rolling Stones t-shirt. "What the hell are you doing here?" He asked quietly between clenched teeth. Thanatos smiled and sat down across from him.

"Helping you find Persephone."

Hades forced himself to calm down and take ten deep breaths. "Really?"

"Yes sir, I've been looking for local oracles you can go to. I found just the one you can go to. She's reliable and you already know her." Hades stared as the demon reached into his back pocket and pull out a piece of paper.

"Here," Thanatos handed him the paper that had been ripped from the local phone book. "It took me forever to find her."

"Klee? What's so special about her?"

"Well, for one she's old. I'm talking Greco-Roman old. She was the Pythia in the temple of Apollo."

Hades jaw dropped, "I thought she was forced into isolation because of the fight she had with Apollo."

"She was, but as you know oracles will go insane if isolated.

So, she got Theoris to cast a sensory block spell and she went back to telling her prophecies."

"You think that I should go to her?"

"Yes, at least to see if you're on the right track. Hopefully you can give up this going to college crap."

Hades smiled, "Forty percent of Eagle River College Students are women ages 18-29."

"Wow, you sound like an infomercial, but who said that Persephone's soul is locked in a woman age 18-29?"

Hades leaned back in his chair, "I hadn't thought about that. What if her soul is locked in a five year old?"

"Don't worry if the girl is five years old, you can just wait until she's fifteen."

"Sounds like you haven't read a law book in about fifty years. The 'legal' age is now eighteen."

"Eighteen?! Man you're screwed." Thanatos leaned over the table, ignoring the look that Hades was giving him.

"You have always did have a way of pissing me off."

****

Stephanie's phone started to ring; she answered the phone knowing who was on the other end. "Yes?"

"She wants to see you in her temple."

"I'll be there in two minutes." Stephanie ended the call, then changed into her traditional grey robes and faded to the temple. She pushed the white marble door and with her face lowered to the floor she walked toward the gold throne. Once the goddess entered, Stephanie kneeled on both knees looking straight ahead. The goddess sat in her throne, on her left shoulder the grey owl looked at Stephanie with a wisdom no other animal possessed.

"What news on Hades?"

"He has made contact, but he doesn't know it."

"What of the girl?"

"She has been having dreams; I can see them through our link."

"Interesting, and yet she doesn't recognize him?"

"She doesn't remember the dreams after two hours."

Athena looked at her beautiful handmaiden, "How is that possible?" she asked as she stroked her owl's back. "Well, it seems that Demeter didn't cover everything."

"I'm not sure what to expect when she is around Hades for too long. They have only talked to each other for a short amount of time."

"Expect the unexpected."

Stephanie tried to hide her confusion, sometimes Athena liked to speak in riddles only she could understand. "I will. Are there any other request?"

"Protect her Stephanie. If Hades loses this battle he will kill Demeter."

"She deserves it."

Athena sighed, "Yes she does, except that would put an end to the seasons. But, if he can find Persephone's soul before he kills Demeter we will have nothing to worry about."

"But Athena, you just said that if he killed her there would be no more seasons."

"If he can find her before Demeter, dies Persephone will inherit her powers thus giving us a new goddess of seasons."

****

"Claire? Are you listening to me?" Claire looked up from her notebook to her physics tutor, Jim.

"I'm sorry Jim," Claire said as she looked at the Spencer Reid look-a-like.

"It's okay; I should already know that your attention wanders after three hours." He brushed his hand through his blonde shoulder length hair.

"I really am sorry. I just really hate physics." He smiled as he folded his hands on top of the table.

"Well how about you make it up to me by accompanying me to dinner?"

Claire blinked in surprise, "When?"

"Are you free tonight?"

"I don't think I have anything planned," Jim smiled.

"Great! I'll pick you up at seven?" he asked as he hurryingly put his books and notebooks into his backpack.

"Sure, I'll be ready," she was writing her address down on a piece of paper, when she looked up he was already at the door of the Study Room, "Don't you want my address?" she giggled as he stopped and turned around.

"That would help," he said sheepishly, as he grabbed the piece of paper.

"See you in five hours!" she said to his back as he practically ran out of the study room.