Hailey's Vacation

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
NymphWriter
NymphWriter
762 Followers

"I'm glad to hear that," smiled Rick.

Ms. McDermott stepped up smiling and asked, "Well, made any decisions?"

"Um... well... I... um, that is, no... not really."

"Is there anything you've ever wanted to do?" asked Rick.

Several ideas ran though Hailey's mind as she looked down at the pamphlet. "Oh, parasailing. I've always wanted to do that."

"Really?" asked Rick. "I love parasailing. I'm going in a few days, maybe you'd like to join me?"

"That would be great. Oh, and horseback riding, I haven't done that in years."

"The sunset dinner and ride is the best one," said Rick.

"I take it you've done this before."

"A few times when I was still married. How about you and I do that as well?"

"Sure," said Hailey. "Sounds like fun."

"So what do you want to do today?" asked Rick.

"Well, you seem to be the expert here, what would you suggest?"

"Ever ridden a wave runner or a jet ski?"

"No."

"I know a beautiful cove that you can only get on via watercraft. We can take a picnic lunch, go on a nice hike, swim in the cove, and enjoy the day. I promise I will be a total gentleman the entire time. That is, unless you don't want me to."

Hailey giggled. "That sounds wonderful. What should I wear?"

"Well, you look amazing, but you'll need a bathing suit and some good hiking shoes. Do you have a backpack?"

"No, I didn't think I'd ever need one."

"Let's get you one, while the kitchen fixes us a nice picnic. Wave runners are easier to ride than jet skis so why don't we use those."

"Great!"

"I'll get two wave runners ready for you at the docks," said Ms. McDermott. "Anything in particular you'd like for lunch?"

"Do you like roast beef?" asked Rick.

"Yeah."

"Two roast beef sandwiches with all the fixings. Some chips, bottled water, and sodas. Regular or diet?"

"Um... diet," said Hailey.

"One regular, one diet."

"I'll get right on it," said Ms. McDermott.

"Great, shall we go shopping?" asked Rick.

"Sure."

Rick took Hailey to a series of shops and they picked out a nice backpack with the resort's logo on it. Hailey figured she could give it to Tim to use for school when she returned from her vacation. When she reached the counter to pay, the salesgirl smiled and said, "The gentleman already paid for it."

"Oh no!"

"It's a gift to make up for making you think I ditched you."

Hailey blushed. "You don't need to."

"I know, I want to. Now, you need to change as I'm sure you're not wearing your bathing suit under your clothes, so let's meet back here in say half an hour."

"Okay."

Hailey caught a ride back to her bungalow and quickly changed her clothes, putting on her bathing suit and matching shorts. She traded the tank top for a t-shirt since she didn't care if it got wet or ruined, put on some sunscreen so she wouldn't burn on the ride to the cove, packed her tennis shoes, socks, some sunscreen, a towel, and a change of dry clothes, then slipped on the water shoes she bought for the trip. She threw her long blonde hair into a ponytail and looked at herself in the mirror. Looking back at her was a woman near 40 with blue eyes, blonde hair pulled away from her face, and a curvy body she wished was thinner.

"He picked you girl," she said quietly to her reflection. "A handsome man and good father picked you. Don't fuck it up."

She tossed her new backpack onto her back and returned to the main building. As she walked in, she saw Rick holding a similar backpack and a box, wearing a baseball cap with the resort logo on it. "Hey!" he called out. "You made it."

"Did you have any doubts?"

"None at all. Here, I got you this." Rick handed her a baseball cap like the one he was wearing. "I realized after you left we'd be riding in the sun and a sunburnt head would ruin our fun."

"Thanks," said Hailey as she put the hat on, weaving her ponytail though the back.

"You look great! Are you ready?"

"Yeah, I think so."

"Did you bring sunscreen?"

"Yeah, and I put some on before I came up."

"Good thinking. Well, shall we?"

Rick led Hailey down to the water where a handsome young man was waiting in the water with two wave runners. He went over the basic safety instructions and had Hailey ride with him for a test ride so she understood how it worked. Once he was sure she could operate it properly, he bade the couple goodbye. Rick led them over the crystal-clear, blue water for close to an hour before they arrived at the cove. Hailey saw a beautiful white sandy beach, with small hills and hiking trails. It was clear very few people knew it existed.

They parked their watercraft near the beach and set the box under some shade. "Are you hungry or would you like to walk around?"

"A walk sounds nice. Let me change my shoes."

As Hailey changed from her water shoes to her tennis shoes, Rick took some bottled water from the box and handed her two bottles. "Put these in your pack. You can leave your stuff here. I assure you no one will bother it."

Hailey blushed and quickly unpacked her things, putting the water bottles in the pack. Rick led her around showing her the different sites for about an hour before they returned to the beach. They finished their bottles of water, and were hungry. Rick laid out a nice beach blanket for them to sit on and opened the box. Inside was a small loaf of bread, a container of sliced roast beef, and containers with lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, cheeses, onions, mayonnaise, and mustard. There were four small bags of flavored potato chips can four cans of soda, two regular, two diet.

"Looks like we have enough for two meals each."

"Great!" said Hailey as she grabbed the bread. "What would you like on your sandwich?"

"Hey! This was my invitation."

"I know, but you've done so much already. Please, let me help."

"Okay. I like everything. But, if there's a chance I might get to kiss you, hold the onions."

Hailey was midway spreading the mayonnaise when she paused and asked, "Did you say something about kissing me?"

Rick smiled and blushed. "Too forward?"

Hailey shrugged. "I don't know. Maybe. But it is honest, and I can't fault you for honesty."

Rick smiled. "Well, hold the onions then. Just in case."

Hailey tossed the container with the onions back into the box and said, "This way we're both covered."

Rick smiled even bigger as he watched Hailey fix his sandwich, then hers. Both were exactly the same and soon they were enjoying their lunch. Hailey picked the bag of barbeque chips and Rick took the ranch-flavored ones. They shared the chips, drank the sodas, and talked. "So what is it you do Hailey?"

"I'm a data entry clerk in a small insurance firm. It's very mind numbing work, but it pays well enough to allow me to provide for me and my son."

"How long have you been there?"

"About fifteen years. I started off scrubbing toilets and emptying trash cans after I'd put my son to bed. Late one night, the owner was working on something and his computer froze. I was able to help him fix the problem without losing his data. He told me that once I had my degree he'd give me a full time job for twice what I was making. My parents helped me with my son so I could go to school when this offer was made. I mean, it's really not work that requires a degree, but the owner wanted educated people. What about you?"

"I'm in the process of taking over my father's company. He built it from the ground up starting with nothing and building it to the empire it is today. He wants to retire soon and he's grooming me to take over. Actually, I'm ready now, but he's not ready to retire. My mom on the other hand is really putting pressure on him to retire and let me have the company."

Hailey giggled. "My dad was in the army for thirty years and they had to retire him, kicking and screaming. Then he took another job and did that for close to fifteen years before a heart attack forced him to retire."

"Was it serious?"

"Serious enough. He changed his lifestyle, retired, and now he and my mom enjoy their retirement. The worst part was me having to move back in when I got pregnant with Tim."

"Yeah, I don't get that. You said the boy's father just left you."

"Pretty much. I was in my second year of college when I found out I was pregnant and he went nuts. He accused me of cheating on him, getting pregnant on purpose, it was so frustrating."

"Didn't you use any birth control?"

Hailey shook her head. "He claimed he was allergic to latex and I'm allergic to lambskin condoms so he said he'd pull out. I had an appointment to get on the pill at the school health clinic, but I got pregnant before I could see the doctor."

"Wow. That's terrible."

"No, what's terrible is how he turned on me and Tim. I filed for child support and he denied he was the father and demanded a DNA test."

"And?"

"And he never showed. We rescheduled several times but since he kept failing to take the test the judge ruled he was the father and ordered him to pay child support. That's when he disappeared."

"Disappeared?"

"Yeah. He'd surface here and there. Once I saw a check from a tax return, but nothing else. I haven't seen him since Tim was two. His family won't even acknowledge Tim is his son, and his parents call me a whore. The worst part was trying to keep all this drama from Tim."

"I'll bet. Does he know the truth now?"

"Yeah. He figured it out. In fact, he even teased me about not getting pregnant on this trip."

"Oh?"

Hailey shook her head. "That hasn't been a concern for me for a long time. I've been on getting the Depo-Provera shots since he was five. I love the lack of a period and knowing I can't get pregnant if I decide to have sex with a man I just met. Oh fuck! I didn't mean... that is... Oh hell!"

Rick fell back laughing. "It's okay. I understand what you're trying to say."

"So what about you, what happened with your marriage?"

"Not much to tell. Sally and I got married right after we graduated college and she had Judy within our first year. But after about five or six years, we were really drifting apart. I was working for my dad, learning his business and how things were done, and Sally was raising Judy like a single mom. I guess we were married about seven or eight years when she came to me and asked for a divorce. She had met someone and even though they hadn't done anything, she knew our marriage was over. The thing was, I knew she was right. The worst part was keeping it from hurting Judy. We agreed that Sally would keep the house until Judy moved out. Then she's to sell the house and split the profits with me. I only pay child support and half the mortgage. Sally is a designer and can easily cover the bills, but if Judy needs something Sally knows she just needs to ask and I provide it right away. I have unrestricted visitation with Judy, but now that she's gotten more involved with her band I work around her schedule."

"What does she play?"

"The clarinet. She's been playing since she was seven and loves it. Last summer she even went to band camp."

"'And one time, at band camp'," said Hailey giggling. "I hate that stupid movie but that line is stuck in my head."

"Yeah. Happily shit like that doesn't happen."

"At least you hope."

"True. But from what I've been told they don't have much free time and I trust my daughter. When she's sixteen my wife will take her in for some birth control for two reasons. The obvious one, and the fact she gets really painful cramps and is as irregular as a pack of socks from an outlet store."

Hailey giggled. "I can sympathize. That's how I was. Another reason I got blamed for Tim."

"Would you like to go swimming or take another hike?"

"Well, Mom did warn about swimming right after eating so how about another hike?"

Rick chuckled. "You know that's an old wives tale."

"Well, my mom is an old wife."

Rick laughed and stood up. He helped Hailey to her feet and they took a second hike that led them around different parts of the cove. When they returned, they decided to go swimming. Hailey was a bit nervous to let Rick see her in her bathing suit, but knew it covered what needed to be covered. She stripped down and ran into the water. It felt cool and refreshing over her warm skin. She looked around but didn't see Rick anywhere. She began to wonder if he had vanished or drowned when she felt something grab her ankle and pull her under the water. She dipped under a few inches then was released. She popped up and Rick appeared next to her.

"Did I scare you?" he asked.

"A bit."

"I only wanted to play."

Hailey splashed him then swam away. It took Rick a moment to catch up with her. The two played and splashed for a while, then returned to the beach. Rick fixed them a second sandwich while Hailey lay out in the sun on her towel. "Here, let's eat."

"Thanks," said Hailey as she sat up as they ate the sandwiches, finished the chips and soda.

Hailey couldn't remember a nicer day or outing with a man and found she really liked Rick. After they ate, they sat out in the sun, walked around the cove holding hands and talking about random subjects, and swam some more. When they packed things up to return, Hailey knew she wanted to give Rick the kiss he had mentioned earlier, but didn't want to ruin what had become a great day. She helped him load the box their food was in onto his wave runner. They walked back to gather their things and make sure nothing was left behind. Once they were sure, Hailey stepped up, took Rick's hand, reached up on her tip-toes, and kissed his cheek.

"In case I forget to tell you later, thank you for everything you've done for me."

She reached up and kissed his lips softly. Rick wrapped his arms around her and kissed her back. He slipped his tongue into her mouth. Hailey felt her heart race as sparks flew through her body. She had kissed men before, but she couldn't remember when a man's kiss had affected her so strongly. Rick pulled back and said, "Wow!"

"Yeah," gasped Hailey. "Wow!"

"I'm glad we skipped the onions."

Hailey laughed and Rick followed shortly after. They boarded the wave runners and returned to the resort as the sun was beginning to set. Rick insisted on taking her to dinner at a beach side café, where they could watch the sunset and the waves crash on the shore. They enjoyed a pleasant dinner and made plans to go parasailing together as well as many other activities. Rick walked her back to her bungalow, kissed her at the door, and bade her goodnight. Hailey debated about inviting him in, but decided not to rush things.

Over the next week, Hailey and Rick spent almost every waking hour together. They went swimming, parasailing, hiking, bike riding, and more together. They decided to take the sunset horseback ride in her last week, as it filled up so quickly and discovered it was one of the few times still available. Then they learned there would be a special ball at the beginning of her second week and Mr. Talbott wanted all the guests there. Hailey realized such a formal occasion required a gown she neither owned nor brought with her. She went to a dress shop and selected a beautiful wine colored, form fitting, strapless gown, with matching shoes, stockings, and the proper undergarments, and asked Rick to be her escort. He told her he was honored to join her.

On the day of the ball, Hailey treated herself to a day in the spa getting pampered and styled. It was the first time since she arrived that she wasn't with Rick. He was off playing golf because it was the one thing she really had no interest in doing with him and he didn't feel the need to visit the spa. While she was at the salon getting her hair and nails done, she overheard a couple of women talking.

"Where's Bill?" asked the first woman.

"He's putting in 18 with senior and junior," said the second woman.

"Junior's here?"

"Yeah. I guess he chose to come here for a vacation this year. He picks different resorts every year to monitor the staff and make sure they're doing their job. Kind of an undercover boss thing."

"Don't they know it's him?"

"A few do, but they are told to treat him like any other guest so the others don't know or catch on and act differently."

"Huh. Isn't junior single?"

"Divorced. From what I hear, he and his ex-wife had a nasty divorce. That's why he's never remarried."

"That's so sad. I hear he's very handsome and quite the catch."

"Oh he is. I met him once years ago when he was still married. His ex-wife seemed so nice that it was hard for me to believe she did what she did."

"You mean the nasty divorce?"

"That and how she never allows him to see his daughter."

"Now that's a crime."

"No, the real crime was how she demanded such an outrageous alimony payment. She took the house, the car, and his manhood. What's worse, she was the one cheating on him."

"Oh that is terrible. That poor young man."

Hailey couldn't help but feel sorry for this young man, and how glad she was they weren't talking about Rick. She wondered if Rick saw the men the two women were gossiping about, and thought about asking him when she'd see him tonight. She decided to have her hair styled down over her shoulders, and have the salon do her make-up. She returned to her bungalow and got dressed. As she slipped on her shoes, a knock came from the door. She opened the door and saw Rick standing there in a black tuxedo. His black hair was combed neatly, and his green eyes seemed to sparkle and shine.

"Wow!" he exclaimed. "You look amazing!"

"Thanks. You look great too!"

"Thanks. But I think you're missing something."

Hailey looked down. "And what would that be? I didn't think the Eagle pendant would work tonight."

"Maybe something in this box will," he said and handed her a black velvet box.

Hailey took the box, opened it, and gasped. Inside was simple four-carat black diamond pendant in a gold setting with matching one-carat black diamond stud earrings. "Oh Rick!"

"Do you like it?"

"I love it! But I can't take it."

"And just why not?"

"It's too much. I mean, I must have cost a fortune."

"Not as much as you'd think and I really want you to have it. Please Hailey. I bought for you to wear especially for tonight. I went with this because it fits your personality, simple elegance, and stunning beauty. Plus, I think it will complement your dress."

Hailey smiled and fought back the tears welling up in her eyes. "Okay Rick. But you'll need to help me with the necklace."

"I'd be honored to."

Hailey carefully removed the necklace and earrings from the box and went into the bedroom. She stood in front of the mirror over her dresser so she could see her reflection as she put the earrings in. Rick stepped up behind her and put the necklace around her neck. The pendant stopped at the top of her cleavage, the black diamonds seemed to shine and sparkle against her lightly tanned skin.

"Oh Rick, they're perfect! I don't know how to thank you!"

"Your wearing them is thanks enough."

Hailey turned around and kissed Rick, slipping her tongue into his mouth. Her high heels meant she didn't have to stretch as much to kiss him. Hailey felt her body light up, her nipples harden, and her sex dampen with desire. During the past week, they had enjoyed many a passionate kiss, a bit of touching though clothes, but nothing else. She had wanted more, but was afraid of scaring Rick off and being seen as a whore. Rick pulled back and said breathlessly, "We'd better get going. I hear Mr. Talbott hates tardiness."

"I heard the same thing," said Hailey, giggling.

Rick walked her out where a golf cart and Kelly was waiting. "Good evening. I was sent to provide Miss Davidson a lift. Good thing there's room for three."

"Sure is," said Rick, smiling.

Hailey and Rick sat in the back of the cart as Kelly drove up to the main building. "I'll be here when you're ready to return Miss Davidson so you don't have to walk."

NymphWriter
NymphWriter
762 Followers
123456...8