Halfway Around The World

Story Info
Will Silv's broken heart be mended?
2.6k words
3.77
31.4k
1
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Her eyes narrowed as they stared at the monitor. Her anger was mixing with her jealousy and she didn't know how much longer she could hide it. She looked at the scrolling screen and read the messages on it. How dare he? HOW DARE HE?! She could barely contain herself.

"Pika_flower: Hehe, I bet you can't catch me Shane! *giggles and runs away*

Snapback: *catches Cindy and tickles her*

Pika_flower: *pretends to fight him off and kisses him*

Snapback: *hugs Cindy*"

Silv couldn't take it. She just couldn't. How could he do this? After he had told her a few days ago that he still had feelings for her? Had it just been a spur of the moment thing? Could she have interpreted it wrongly?

"Snapback: I've always liked you, I knew it after the first few times we spoke. Even though we're not together now, I still have feelings for you. I've missed you Silv, I've missed you a lot.

Silvery: Are you serious, because I feel the same way. I still have feelings for you too.

Snapback: No it's not a joke. It's true."

Her throat tightened, a sign that her emotions were getting the better of her. It had been about a year since the break up. She thought about how he had broken the news to her. He had taken her out a week before Valentine's Day, and had told her that he had to go back to New Zealand. It had broken both their hearts, but they had promised to keep in touch. They had promised each other that they would wait until they could be together again. And now this had happened. What kind of fucking sick joke is this? Silv bit her lip hard.She watched as her "friend" flirted with her "lover". No way is this happening, no way.

"Pika_flower: Hehe, you're so cute Shane!

Snapback: Nuh uh, you are!

Snapback: Hey Silv, you still there? Silv??"

She clenched her fists and tried to calm herself. Jerk. Asshole. Fucker!! I can't believe I fell for this. She laughed bitterly to herself and typed back a reply.

"Silvery: Yeah, still here. Just reading.

Snapback: Oh. Okay. *puts an arm around Cindy*"

JERK!!! FUCKING ASSHOLE! I HATE YOU SO MUCH FOR DOING THIS TO ME!! Her mind screamed at her for letting her guard down. You should have known better. And her reason and heart fought back. I couldn't have known. How could I have known?? He has never done this before that I know of. I still have feelings for him.

Tears threatened to overwhelm her as she continued to read the painful conversation between the two flirting people. Suddenly, a message window popped up on her screen. It was a private message from Shane.

"Snapback: Hey, are you okay?

Silvery: Yeah sure, perfectly, fine, why wouldn't I be fine? Just because you're a lying asshole doesn't affect me in the least. Nope. Not at all. Go have fun with her. Go flirt."

Right then, she hated him with all her heart. In her mind's eye, she envisioned a red glass heart being stomped on by a man's foot, his foot. She watched it splinter into a million pieces, much like how she felt her real heart was doing now.

"Snapback: Look, if you're talking about me and Cindy, then I think we ought to have a serious talk.

Silvery: Yes, I think we ought to. But then, there probably isn't much for you to explain is there? What you told me was a spur of the moment thing, wasn't it? You only had re-occurring feelings for me AT THAT MOMENT. But not now. That's what you meant, wasn't it?

Snapback: Calm down. I'm not doing anything wrong, I'm just flirting. I don't know why, it comes naturally. And no, it wasn't just a spur of the moment thing, I still love you. I really do.

Silvery: You flirted with another girl! You even kissed! Where do you draw the line? Is there even a limit to what you consider 'flirting'? I've watched you do it for awhile now, and at first I ignored it, but now I can see that you don't care an iota for how this would make me feel."

She couldn't believe her eyes. They must have been deceiving her. He thought it was okay to do this to her?

"Silvery: Is it because we don't even live in the same HEMISPHERE anymore, let alone continent, country or city, that you think you can go and fuck around with my feelings like that? I don't appreciate that, and neither would you. How would you feel if I went and chased a bunch of guys around? Kissed them, touched them?!

Snapback: Give me a break, it was ONLY flirting.

Silvery: It's been about a year since we broke up, and you told me that you still had feelings for me, that you still loved me. You told me that you had loved me the moment you laid eyes on me. And I felt the same way. And this, this is like a slap in the face. I don't know what else you have done, with what other girls. I don't know if I can trust you anymore Shane.

Snapback: What?! Give me a break! What do you really want? An apology? A promise that I'll never do it again? Look...I love you. I love you a lot."

A sob escaped her throat. What is he playing at? How can he lie to me like this? She wiped at the few tears that were trailing down her cheeks. This is such utter bullshit. Pure bullshit!!

"Silvery: I don't know if I should believe you...Maybe it would be better if we didn't act upon our feelings. You don't sound very sincere, especially not with how you've been acting. I don't know if I can handle that.

Snapback: Silv, come on, don't be like that. I truly do care about you. I'll prove it to you. Just you wait. I really do love you. I haven't been with anyone else! I swear!

Silvery: Do your best, because I still care about you, and if I can't trust you, and I can't trust my heart, then what can I trust? I thought I knew you Shane, I thought I knew who you were. It's been so many years but I guess I didn't know you at all. I guess it was all a lie. You've hurt me. I'm going now. I'll talk to you some other time. Bye.

Snapback: I'm sorry. I'll talk to you tomorrow, okay?

Silvery: Sure, whatever. Good bye Shane."

Tears were falling freely down her cheeks. They glistened in the light from the monitor. She grabbed some facial tissues and mopped at her face. She clenched a fist and pressed it against her mouth, trying to stifle the sobs. After a few minutes she took a deep breath and fought to hold back the rest of her tears. Her heart was broken again, she didn't know what to do. This is the second time he had broken her heart. She couldn't believe him, yet she couldn't disbelieve him either. She hiccuped. Her heart told her to trust him, but her mind told her that he was like the other guys she had dated – jerks, liars and all around fuckers. I sure know how to choose them, don't I? She laughed bitterly to herself again. I'm so fucking dumb. So fucking stupid. I deserve this. I should have seen this coming. After knowing him for 3 years you think I'd get the picture. You'd think I'd know the real him by now. She knew he wouldn't come back. He had nothing to come back to. There's no point in me visiting him. Fuck, I am so stupid. I actually believed he'd come back to me, that he'd wait for me. Lies, all lies.

She looked out her window at the snow. Soft looking flakes fell from the dark sky, glittering like tiny diamonds that floated to the ground. It looked so magical, so fresh and clean. A few stray tears trickled down her cheeks. She wiped the tears and scrubbed at her eyes with the palm of her hands. She had put so much trust into their relationship. He had even made a pact with her that whoever made enough money would visit the other person where they live. She lived in Canada, he lived in New Zealand. That would never work, but I had hope then. Now I have nothing. Not even that dream. He said he would come back, dare I hope? Dare I? She smacked herself on the cheek, laughing cruelly at herself. Haha, idiot. She tried to ignore the pain that radiated from her heart, not even noticing that her cheek stung.

The next few days, she spoke to Shane two or three times, but it was by chance. She was doing her best to go online when he wasn't on. She didn't feel like listening to his reasons. They only made her feel worse. She immersed herself in her work. Soon, February came around and she stopped hearing from him. She figured he had stopped bothering to come online anymore, or at least when she was on. She didn't bother to seek him out either, even though she itched to contact him in anyway possible. She wasn't happy, but she wasn't angry or upset anymore either. She felt drained and bereft of emotion at all. When she had free moments, she would think about how much she missed him, and her heart would race as she reminisced about the kissing and the lovemaking. But those free moments were rare; she tried to keep busy as often as possible.

Every time she had gone into town, she had barely noticed the red and white decorations, so it came as a shock to her that Valentine's Day was coming up. She had been so wrapped up in her grief and work that she had barely thought of anything else. She thought back to Shane and laughed bitterly. They're right, breakups do occur the most around Valentine's Day. I can't believe him. I loved him. Trusted him. Now look what he's done. That bastard.

Soon, it was Valentine's Day. Silv ignored it and treated it like any other day. She knew that while other couple's were preparing wonderful surprises for each other, she was home by herself, her heart empty and aching for what she could never have. She had refused to go into town that day, so she had nothing to eat. Finally giving in to her stomach, she hopped into the car and drove to the grocery store. She was quick about it and grabbed anything that looked appealing to her then hurried home.

Silv was preparing her dinner in the kitchen, and trying not to let the holiday get to her, by not thinking of him, which made her think of him more. As she was doing this, she heard a knock at her door. She went to answer it, still thinking about Shane. At the door stood a man bearing a huge red heart-shaped box of candy and a bouquet of long stemmed red and white roses wrapped in silver foil.

"Are you Silv?" the man inquired.

"Who wants to know?" She looked at him suspiciously.

He held out the candy and flowers. "These are for you."

"What? Who are they from?"

"Can't tell you."

"Ugh, give me a break!" She brusquely thanked the man and grabbed the flowers and chocolates, tipping him five bucks before slamming the door in his face.

"What the hell?" She walked into the kitchen. She had no idea who could have sent them and was about to toss them on the table when she saw a tiny card buried in the flowers. With a pounding heart, she opened it

Silv, please do not hate me.

I love you with all my heart.

You will get your proof soon.

Meet me in your room.

Love,

Shane.

"What kind of fucking game is he playing at? What the fuck is this? This is such a sick joke!" she blinked hard to get rid of the tears that had suddenly filled her eyes. There was some sick pervert out there playing with her. I'll show that bastard. Feeling irrational, she climbed the stairs to her room, flowers and candies under her arm. She pushed open the door to her room, muttering to herself, and gasped.

Her room had been decorated in red and white roses, red and silver wrapped candies, and red and white candles, which had all been lit, lending the scene before her a dreamy quality.

She dropped the chocolates and flowers. There, in the middle of her room was a table set for dinner for two, complete with flowers, candles and champagne. There was a shining silver cart filled with steaming dishes and trays. And standing behind all of this, was Shane.

Her eyes widened. "What are you doing here? What is all this?" she whispered. Silv felt overcome with emotion. She tried to remember she had been upset with him.

"Remember the deal we made? Whoever makes enough money and has the opportunity to go the other, ought to do it. I worked hard, but here I am." He walked towards her, offering her a hand. "Please Silv, I'm so sorry. I really do love you."

She nodded mutely and stared. Silv stretched out her hand. She hesitated. "How can I trust you, after you hurt me? How do I know you haven't been with other girls?"

He held out his hand encouragingly, and looked into her eyes. "I trust you, please trust me. I haven't been with anyone else. I've only thought of you for the past year. I trust that you haven't been with anyone, put that same trust in me. Don't let us lose this. Please, let me love you."

Silv placed her hand in Shane's. He gently guided her to a seat and helped her sit down. He poured a glass of champagne for her and one for himself, then sat down, opposite her.

"Shall we begin? I made a four-course meal, ending with a meringue dessert. I hope you like it. It took me forever to make."

"Oh Shane, it's gorgeous." Silv blinked hard. "Wait, how did you get into my house without me knowing?"

He looked embarrassed. "Um...a little entering..."

"What?!?! When? And how did you get all this in here?"

"I had some friends help me. I was so afraid that you'd come home before I was finished."

"I can't believe you'd go through all this for me. I was so hurt when I saw that you and her...and it's been one year since we broke up...and to do this on Valentine's Day of all days-I can't believe that-" Silv broke off, swallowing a sob.

"Shh, it's okay. I know, I know. I'm here now. We can be together again."

At the end of the dinner, Shane took her in his arms and held her tightly. Suddenly, she felt him hesitate. "Silv, I-I have to know...Do you still love me? You haven't said it to me...and I'm worried that you've found someone else..."

She looked up at him. He was looking at a spot over her head, avoiding her eyes. She tilted his head down so she could look into his gold-brown eyes. "I've always loved you, I always will love you. I've never stopped."

"I love you too." He whispered as he guided her towards the bed.

At the end of the night, after the candles had long died out; after they had made love to each other over and over to make up for lost time; he cradled her close, and at that moment did she realise that she truly did love him, and that he truly loved her.

"Happy Valentine's Day Shane. I love you." She murmured sleepily.

"Happy Valentine's Day, Silv, my love. I love you too. I truly do."