Happy Anniversary My Love

Story Info
Depressed on her anniversary, she gets a surprise.
1.8k words
4.34
87.1k
42
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
zeke81
zeke81
1,987 Followers

As Emily poured herself a cup of coffee she sighed. It was her 12th anniversary which should have been a happy day, but it had Emily depressed. Her husband Andrew a colonel in the Army was deployed to Iraq so she would be spending their anniversary alone and worrying about his safety.

Emily was thinking about going back to bed to sleep away the depressing day when the doorbell rang. She walked to the front door and opened it.

"Mrs. Emily Davis?" Steve asked.

"Yes." Emily said.

"We have some flowers for you ma'am." Steve said.

"Oh...that's so nice...I'll take them." Emily said.

"There are quite a few of them ma'am." Steve said.

"How many are there?" Emily asked.

"Twelve dozen." Steve said.

"Oh my goodness." Emily said.

"If you'd like the 3 of us can bring them in for you." Steve said.

"Yes...thank you...that would be most helpful." Emily said.

Emily had them put the roses on the dining room table. When the flower guys had left, Emily stood looking at the twelve dozen roses.

"Twelve dozen roses on our 12th anniversary...that's just like him." Emily said.

The doorbell rang again. Emily walked to the door and opened it.

"Mrs. Emily Davis?" Josh asked.

"Yes." Emily said.

"I have a package for you." Josh said.

He handed Emily the package. Emily took it inside and opened it.

"Oh my goodness...these are beautiful." Emily said.

The package contained a pair of red high heeled shoes. Before Emily could finish admiring the shoes the doorbell rang again. Amy walked to the door and found a different delivery man.

"Mrs. Emily Davis?" Rick asked.

"Yes." Emily said.

"I've got a package for you ma'am." Rick said.

"Thank you." Emily said.

She took the package inside and opened it.

"Oh my...somebody's got naughty thoughts on their mind." Emily said.

The package contained lingerie. The doorbell rang again...again Emily opened the door.

"Mrs. Emily Davis?" Grant asked.

"Yes." Emily said.

"I have a package for you ma'am." Grant said.

"Thank you." Emily said.

Emily took the large package inside and opened it. Inside was a beautiful red dress.

"Oh my...this is gorgeous." Emily said.

The doorbell rang yet again. Emily's head was spinning as she walked to the door and opened it.

"Mrs. Emily Davis?" Lisa asked.

"Yes." Emily said.

"I have a delivery for you." Lisa said.

"Thank you." Emily said.

She took the small package inside and opened it. Inside she found several jewelry boxes. Inside one was a pair of diamond earrings. Inside another was a diamond bracelet. Inside the third was a diamond necklace. Emily's eyes filled with tears. The doorbell rang again. Emily ran to the door desperate to see what awaited her next.

"Mrs. Emily Davis?" Kyle asked.

"Yes." Emily said.

"I have a package for you." Kyle said.

"Thank you." Emily said.

She took the package inside and tore it open. Inside she found a bottle of her favorite...insanely expensive perfume. Before she could even smell it the doorbell rang again. She ran to the door and threw it open.

"Mrs. Emily Davis?" Lucas asked.

"Yes." Emily said.

"I have a package for you." Lucas said.

"Thank you." Emily said.

Emily took the package inside and opened it. Inside she found an assortment of her favorite specialty soaps and body lotions.

"Oh my...you sweet man...if only you were here." Emily said.

The doorbell rang yet again and she ran and opened it.

"Mrs. Emily Davis?" Tyler asked.

"Yes." Emily said.

"I have a package for you." Tyler said.

"Thank you." Emily said.

She took the package inside and opened it. Inside she found red satin sheets.

"Naughty boy." Emily said.

The doorbell rang again and Emily nearly yanked it off of its hinges opening it.

"Mrs. Emily Davis?" Nicole asked.

"Yes." Emily said.

"I have a package for you." Nicole said.

"Thank you." Emily said.

She opened the package and found some makeup including red nail polish and ruby red lipstick. The doorbell rang again and Amy's heart was pounding as she answered the door.

"Mrs. Emily Davis?" Scott asked.

"Yes." Emily said.

"I have a couriered letter for you ma'am." Scott said.

"Thank you." Emily said.

Emily took the letter inside and opened it carefully. On a single sheet of parchment in a beautiful old style script Emily found a letter.

"My dearest Emily. Long have I yearned to be with you again my love. Being away from you so long has pained me deeply as I'm sure it has you. Take heart my love as we will soon be together once again. If my instructions were followed as directed then you should have received 9 other deliveries on this morning of our anniversary. Each individual delivery is a gift intended for you my love, but their combined effect is a gift intended for both of us. Put all of the things that you have received to use my love. Pamper your beautiful body with the soaps and lotions. Put the satin sheets on the bed. Put the roses all about the bedroom. Slip into the lingerie. Slip into the dress. Step into the shoes. Dab some of the perfume on your neck. Put on the jewelry. Put on the make up. Tonight around the hour of 7:00 you shall receive another delivery. Please be dressed and ready by then my love." Emily read.

Emily held the letter to her chest as her eyes filled with tears.

"Could it be possible? Could he really be coming home for our anniversary?" Emily asked herself.

If he was coming home then Emily was going to be ready for him so she quickly started preparing as he had directed her to. She had just put the finishing touches on her make up when the doorbell rang at 7:00 sharp. Emily rushed to the door and threw it open...hoping to find him standing there...only to find 3 men with chef's smocks on.

"We have brought your dinner madam. If you would please show us to the dining room so we may properly arrange it." Henry said.

Emily led them to the dining room and they set up a candlelight dinner...for two. That restored Emily's hope. They placed the foot itself into a warming tray and left.

After the caterers had left Emily stood pacing around...her heart pounding in her chess...wondering if he was really coming. She had to keep herself from screaming when at 7:20 the doorbell rang one last time.

Emily walked to the door, opened it, and was then overcome with tears.

There he stood. Four months, eleven days, ten hours, and 40 minutes since she had seen him last...there he stood...Col. Andrew Davis back from the war safe and sound.

"Hello my love." Andrew said.

"Is this...real? Are you really here?" Emily asked.

"Yes my love...I am here...I'm here to stay." Andrew said.

Emily threw her arms around Andrew's neck and sobbed into his shoulder for a few minutes, then she pulled back and kissed him...she kissed him with a passion and fire that only a woman who had spent four months worrying that her husband might not come home alive could kiss their husband. Andrew kissed her with just as much passion.

"Well...I can smell our dinner...we should go eat before it gets cold." Andrew said.

Emily laughed.

"You don't have to worry about that...they put the two plates in a warming tray...it should still be nice and hot." Emily said.

"Well then...shall we?" Andrew asked.

He offered his arm. Emily took it and they walked into the dining room. They carefully removed their plates from the warming tray and began eating.

"Are you really home to stay?" Emily asked.

Andrew looked at her and smiled.

"Yes my love...before I left your father asked if I'd be interested in taking over for him when he retires. I have decided to leave the Army and take him up on his offer." Andrew said.

Emily touched Andrew's hand.

"I can't believe you're really here." Emily said.

"Who did you think was sending you lingerie and roses on our anniversary if it wasn't me?" Andrew asked.

"I knew that it had to be you, but I thought that they were gifts for me to wear on one of those video call things that we did." Emily said.

"That would have been an interesting idea, but when I got my orders that I was being rotated out because my enlistment was up and saw that there was a chance I could make it home by tonight...I decided to set all of this up to make the day more special." Andrew said.

"It has been one of the most incredible days of my life." Emily said.

"Just think...we haven't even finished dinner yet." Andrew said.

"That's true...after 4 months...this could end up being the best day of my life." Emily said.

"It will if I have anything to say about it." Andrew said.

When they had finished eating Andrew took Emily's hand and led her to their bedroom.

There was an electricity in the air...both wanting so badly to rip the other's clothes off and ravage them...yet both were holding back...savoring the moment.

Andrew pulled Emily in close to him and kissed her. It was a soft and tender kiss...filled with passion and love...not pure animal lust.

Emily cooed as Andrew moved his lips down to her neck. His hands found the zipper on her dress and slowly pulled it down her back.

Emily was nibbling on Andrew's ear lobe as he gently pulled her dress down until it dropped in a heap around her ankles. Emily's hands found the buttons on Andrew's shirt and one by one released them and pulled his shirt open revealing his chest. She unbuckled his belt and opened his pants letting them fall around his ankles.

Andrew unhooked Emily's bra and pulled it off. He then put his hands on her hips and pushed her panties down. Emily pushed Andrew's boxers down.

They stood in their bedroom holding one another and kissing.

Andrew stepped out of his pants and kicked off his shoes. He scooped Emily into his arms and placed her gently in the middle of the bed.

Emily held her arms out beckoning him to her. Andrew moved onto the bed over her.

There was no need for foreplay...no need for oral...there would be time for all of that later. The only thing either of them wanted was that glorious coupling that they had both longed for over many months.

Emily parted her legs and Andrew moved up and they both moaned passionately as they came in such intimate contact for the first time in 4 months.

Andrew eased himself into Emily and then looked down at her with love and passion in his eyes. Emily had tears of unbelievable happiness streaking down her cheeks. Andrew kissed her lightly.

They made love. It was gentle and slow...their passion holding back their lust.

When it was over they lay on their sides with Andrew behind Emily...holding her tight against his body. He kissed her shoulder.

"Happy anniversary my love." Andrew said.

"Happy anniversary my darling husband." Emily said.

They drifted off to sleep in each other's arms.

zeke81
zeke81
1,987 Followers