Haunted Prey Ch. 16

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
purefire
purefire
1,016 Followers

"I'm still here."

"Yes."

"Why?"

"Because I don't know what to do." He felt tears well in his eyes once more when she let out a weak laugh. How was she able to find humor in the situation?

"For someone with virtually no patience... You sure do over-think things."

"It's not like I'm trying to decide on which pair of socks to wear today, Alauria." He ignored the tears that slowly rolled down his face as he ran his fingers through her slightly damp hair. She closed her eyes, and for a moment, he thought that she'd been replaced by Raife once more. "Alauria?"

"Stop thinking about it." She moaned in pain when her stomach cramped in protest. "You didn't think the night you first kissed me."

He smiled at the memory of her wide-eyed stare when she stopped them. "I just did what felt right."

"So do what feels right."

Lindsay sighed in defeat and closed in eyes. "Alauria-"

"I'll die either way."

"Don't say that. I just need to think of a better way."

"Stop thinking, Lindsay."

He opened his eyes to find her staring at him intently, wordlessly begging him to end it. She was suffering; he was forcing her to suffer. "I'm sorry."

"I'm not." She closed her eyes; she couldn't bear to look at the pain that contorted his face any more. "Just do it."

Lindsay looked over at the night table and the two blades resting upon it, still unsure of what to do. While he had Alauria's blessing, it meant nothing without having her with him, which wasn't likely no matter what choice he made. He reached over and let his hand hover above the blades. If he used the regular blade, he could kill them both or set Alauria's soul free, allowing Raife a human life. The Blade of Abraxis finally eliminated Raife, at the extreme risk of killing Alauria. As his hand hovered above the blades, slowly moving back and forth, he choked out a sob.

"Lindsay."

He turned his head just enough to look into her complacent eyes. She'd accepted what was to happen and it was clear that she was waiting for him to do the same.

"You will kiss me goodbye."

Lindsay looked down at her for a moment, taking in her soft eyes and dimpled chin, unable to bear the weight of her words. Goodbye. The finality of the word made him choke out another sob as he slowly lowered his head to grant Alauria her final wish, as he sampled what could have been his last taste of her lips. Her contented sigh gave him room to deepen their kiss, to slowly glide his tongue against hers as a physical declaration of his undying passion for her. And as he kissed her and lightly wet her face with his tears, he gripped the hilt of a blade. His hand fisted, gripping the hilt in a death grip that could have crushed a human hand. The pain of the hilt biting into his palm forced Lindsay to sit up.

"I love you," she whispered

"I love you." And with a determined breath, he lifted his arm high a second before he plunged the blade into her body.

_________

Rate and comment!

purefire
purefire
1,016 Followers
12