Haunting Love

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She picks up her discarded work clothes and the heels she once stood in and tosses them in her bag and zips it up. She hangs the bag on a nail in the changing room and heads out. She makes her way to the tack room and finds all her gear for her horse. Pulling the blanket from the pile she drapes the blanket on her shoulder. Then grabbing the bit and reins, she places that too on her shoulder. Now all she needs is her horse. She hums softly to herself as she heads out of the barn and to the field.

The field is vast, yet her horse is there at the gate waiting for her, knowing it is that time again. The horse nuzzles her as she climbs over the gate.

"Whoa boy, don't knock me over before I can get in. how's my boy doing?" she coos to him as she strokes down his long neck. The horse presses into her nudging her to get moving.

"Ok, ok. I thought this was more for me than you old boy." She takes the bit and offers it to the horse's mouth, and he eagerly takes it. Securing the bit to his head, she pulls the reigns to his shoulders. Then placing the blanket on his back she tugs the horse more to the gate.

"Come on boy, you know your to tall for me." with that she climbs back on the gate and then to his back. The horse more prances than walks knowing that soon they will be running.

"So how's my big boy? They treating you good? I think they feed you too much and exercise you too little. Wanna run?" the horse responds with a gallop as they take off across the open field heading away from the barn and all the chaos of life.

The horse gallops towards one of the backfields, both horse and rider feeling like one spirit soaring above the earth. Hearts beating wildly in their chest as reality melts from them. Her long auburn hair flowing wildly behind her, she tilts her head back and closes her eyes trusting the horse completely.

She rides like this for a few minutes then looks around. She slows him to a walk as they approach the pond. With a smirk she takes the horse to the edge of the water, allowing the horse to drink. Once the horse had his fill she had a crazy thought.

"Well boy, ya wanna go for a swim?" to her surprise his head came up and he took her out into the pond. She giggled as the water came up to her waist; now glad she had the blanket. The horse went out deeper until the flow of the water pushed her from his back.

"Hey! You did that on purpose! Silly horse." But she wasn't really complaining. Sara swam in the water around the horse, making sure not to spook him. Both rider and horse enjoyed the late day swim. She eventually went back to the horse and climbed on his back regaining control of the reigns.

"Come on boy. Out of the water." She nudges him toward the shoreline. He seems to reluctantly head out of the water.

"OW! Stupid snake." she cries out and pulls a snake from her calf and throws it. "That fucking hurt." She pushed the horse to move faster and out of the water. This time he moves. The venom of the bite slowly seeping into her system, the pain beginning to increase, she tugs the horse towards the direction of the barn.

"Lets go boy, my leg is killing me." the horse senses something wrong with his rider and hurriedly heads back to the barn. The pain growing more intense as they go, her world now filled with dots.

"Come on boy" she says weakly, then slumps forward on him. The horse sensing his beloved rider fading trots back to the barn. Once to the gate he makes a lot of noise, whinnying, pawing the ground, everything he can to get someone's attention and not drop his rider.

Finally someone comes out to check on all the noise, the owner of the barn looks at the horse then the rider.

"Oh my god! Someone help! Call 911!" the girl screams as she runs to check on the rider. The rider is barely breathing as she is pulled from the horse. The owner, Michael, sprints from the barn and takes control of the situation. He begins to peel away Sara's wet clothes looking for what might have happened. He pushes her pants leg down and sees the puncture marks and knows that time is of the essence.

There are a few people standing around watching Michael trying to save Sara. Michael looks up at the gathering crowd. One of the boy's states that an ambulance is on the way.

"You, get the snake bite kit. You, take care of this horse. You, go get me a blanket for her. Move!" the three people scattered doing as instructed. The boy that called the ambulance went for the snakebite kit and returned it to the Michael.

Quickly the Michael began. Time seemed to crawl and he said a silent prayer. Chaos swirled around those at the barn. But the rider wasn't there. She did not feel the pain; she didn't know all that was going on.

****

"Sara." His voice was soft and soothing. Sara was lying on the ground and blinked her eyes open. There he was, her dream man standing before her, his hand outstretched to her.

"Sarah." He whispered again. She blinked up to him again, his dark silhouette before her, a bright light behind him. She blinked again trying to see him as she reached for his hand.

He pulled up her lightly to her feet, straight into his arms. The warmth of his body surrounding her, his loving pouring over her. She buried her head in his chest and cried, she was so afraid this wasn't real and again he would be taken from her by another interruption. Through her tears she began to whisper.

"Please don't leave me. Please." She begged him. She could feel him smile. Something about this was different from all the other times. Then she realized he had talked to her. Her eyes opened and she looked up to him.

He smiled down on her then claimed her lips with his. Her lips parted allowing his tongue to explore hers. She moaned softly into the kiss as she felt desire course through her body. The warm invasion of his tongue made her weak in the knees. He continued to kiss her as he lowered her back to the ground. His hand brushing her hair back from her cheek as they finished kissing.

"Well hello my love." He says as he breaks from the kiss.

"Hello." She says breathlessly.

He chuckles softly still holding her firmly in his arms. His hand tracing down her cheek and throat, resting lightly on her shoulder. His crystal blue eyes gazing into her emerald eyes. He gives her a few moments to catch her breath. He can see all the questions in her mind.

"It's ok. I am here now." When she looked back up to him she could see the tears in his eyes. She groaned, her own heart breaking seeing his tears and buried her head in his chest, pulling her body even closer to his. He laid back on the ground propping up on one elbow, holding her tightly to him with his other arm.

"It has been too long my love... way too long."

"Your really real?" she looked up to him confused. Again he chuckled hugging her tight.

"We have always been real."

"Then, why were you only in my dreams?" she asked.

"Simple my love. You were born. I died before I was born. We have been doing this for centuries. You and I return to physical form, searching for each other, and then live until we are again called. But this time, Fate dealt a raw hand. She took me before I had a chance. So I wanted you my love, I wanted you to know you were never alone. I stayed with you the only way I knew how. I have been waiting for you."

****

Sarah didn't quite understand the conversation she was having. But, Michael, the owner of the barn, now broke into tears as the ambulance pulled away with her. He had always cared for Sara, watching her from a distance, hoping for one day to express his love for her. yet now it seemed too late for him. Why had he waited so long to do anything? The EMT's didn't think she would make it to the hospital. They worked on her feverishly, her heart slowing. But somehow they managed to keep her alive and gave her over to the doctors at the hospital.

Meanwhile the Michael began the daunting task of calling Sarah's family, letting them know what was going on. Her family panicked and many of them made plans to fly out immediately. He placed the phone down on the receiver, his heart heavy as he called in his brother to come tend to the barn so he can go to the hospital.

Finally after long hours, the doctors had stabilized Sarah. She was in a coma and the nurses watched over her, still not sure if she would make it through the next few days. Michael stays by her side, leaving only when her family arrived. Yet he lingered, constantly watching over her as he waited for her to come out of the coma.

****

"We have been doing this for centuries?" she asked more herself then him.

"Yes my love."

"Then why is it I can't remember?"

"Because you are still connected to your physical body, and in being connected you are limited to your physical knowledge." She nodded numbly listening to him. The after a few minutes she asked the obvious question.

"What is your name? And why can I not remember it?"

"That's easy." He chuckled. "But lets see if you can figure it out. Think of the name of most of your boyfriends. Those that you thought you loved. What is the common name?" she blushed realizing that he had been there watching her as she was with other guys. And then it dawned on her.

"Michael!" she threw her arms suddenly around his neck kissing him deeply. Her heart singing as he kissed her passionately back. Slowly things became clearer in her head, knowledge that was long forgotten now skating on the edge of her memory.

****

Sirens were going off, the nurses were running. They were loosing her. Crash carts were brought in and they fought to keep her heart going. The doctor came in and helped the nurses. After 20 minutes of fighting to keep her, the doctor wiped the sweat from his brow.

"Welcome back Sara. Now please stay with us." He whispered in her ear. Michael, the owner of the barn, standing silently in the corner praying that she would be ok. He sits down with a thud in the chair, burying his face in his hands now determined that if Sara makes it through this, he would reveal his love for her.

****

Sarah blinked on the brink of knowledge. A whisper coming from somewhere, she couldn't quite catch it. With a sigh she relaxed in Michaels arms. Her soul mate, her love. She wanted to remain here for eternity. Finally feeling the love she knew she deserved and so badly desired.

She leaned up kissing his neck, her tongue teasing across his hot flesh. Her hands finding their way to his shirt buttons she slowly undoes his shirt, her hand resting on his chest just over his heart.

"I love you." She whispers as she begins placing kisses down his chest. Her soft lips pressing to him, calling to his soul. He groans in pleasure under his kisses. His hand brushing lightly through her hair as she begins to undo his pants.

"Sshhh, my love, you do not have to do that." He stammers out to her.

"I know. But I want to. I want you." She undoes his pants and slides them down his hips and down his strong legs. She purrss as she tosses the pants to the side and begins to kiss up his inner thigh, her chest trailing along his leg. He moans under his touch stretching out to enjoy her.

Her long slender fingers raking up his inner thigh sending electricity through him. She carefully takes his hardening member into her hands, kissing the tip lightly. Her tongue flicking on the edge of him, he moans wanting her to take him. Yet her tongue traces along his member, memorizing him, tasting him.

Fully hard she takes him into her soft warm mouth. She moans causing tremors of ecstasy to course through him.

"My love..." he says hoarsely. She takes him deeper in her mouth, stroke after stroke taking him deeper and deeper. She can feel her own desire burning for him as her tongue laps around his member.

With a quick tug he pulls her form him and rolls on top of her. His leans down kissing her deeply, he can taste himself mixed with her. His hands begin to explore her body, removing the clothes from her body.

She wiggles and moans under him. Her desire growing strong as he peels all her clothes off. He pauses just looking at her exposed body, drinking in her beauty. With a deep sigh of lust his hands travel over her exposed body, pulling her closer to him.

His mouth finds her hidden treasure. He claims it fully with his mouth. His tongue tracing the soft folds as she wiggles under him, her juice just as sweet as ever as he tastes her, devours her. His teeth lightly scrape across the bud and she cries out, her body reaching for him, aching so deeply for him.

"Please, please Michael." She begs to him with tears flowing down her cheeks.

He begins to kiss up her body taking her hardened nipple in his mouth. Lingering there, tasting her. His manhood pressing at her entrance. She moans, her body arching to him, pleading desperately to feel him inside of her.

He pushes his own throbbing manhood in her, the tightness surrounding him, the fit perfect. Her arms wrap around him pulling his chest to hers. Both lightly kissing each other's neck as his slow strokes take her. Their breathing growing heavy and labored. He can feel her tightening around him, begging for his body.

Slow steady strokes taking her to the edge, keeping her there, she closes her eyes tightly lost in him. She feels like she's floating, her heart racing, their bodies covered in sweat.

"I love you." He whispers in her ear. With that an orgasm explodes through her body, gripping him tightly pushing him to cum with her. She cries through the orgasm, his arms wrapped tightly around her, his member still in her, she hears a scream.

The nurses are running again, she is crashing and crashing hard. The doctors are called and there is a massive amount of activity. The medical staff desperately wanting to save her...

She comes down from her orgasm, yet she feels herself slipping. She can't see.

"Michael." She says becoming panicked. "Michael, I can't see you. Michael please, where are you."

"Shhh, my love. I am here." His arms still around her but she feels him fading. "It is time Sarah."

"Time for what Michael? I can't see. Help me." Panic rising quickly as she doesn't want to loose him yet again.

"Time for you to decide."

"Decide what?" she begins crying.

"Where you want to go my love. Whether you come home with me, or return to your physical form. It is your decision."

Memories of her life flood her, her family, their tears, then memories of her love for Michael, centuries passing. Crying she decides...

12