Hearts of Warriors Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
JazCullen
JazCullen
6,489 Followers

Now she stood at the threshold of learning just who she was. Another man stood in her way of that but she was confident she could impress Mac enough to join his people. He already desired her, a fact which had her preening. The first step in her campaign was underway. True, his instant desire could possibly prove an obstacle if he decided it would get in the way of working together. Still, she was used to finding ways around potential problems.

Letting her amusement show in her expression had been a deliberately calculated move. Their leader didn't strike her as the type of man who would appreciate being laughed at. She wanted him pissed off, ready to take her down a peg or two. She was in for a world of hurt when he kicked her ass but she'd cope with it if it meant she would be accepted into his team.

Lily knew she could most likely escape most of the punishment Mac would deal out. But to do so would be advertising she was a Vârcolac and that was something she wanted to keep a closely-guarded secret. The moment he found out who she was he'd kick her out and she'd be back at the compound before she could blink.

No, she'd have to keep her reflexes just dull enough to get marked up a bit, lose a bit of blood and some of her dignity. She could cope with that.

Her heart sped up as Mac finally turned around and looked at her again. His expression was cold and hard, his dark eyes bleeding into her soul. The man took her breath away just looking at her and she felt an unfamiliar flutter in the pit of her stomach.

So this was what being attracted to a male felt like? It wasn't something she'd experienced much of but she certainly liked the thrill of anticipation running through her body. It made her heart kick up another beat and her pulse start to race. It made her feel alive.

She quickly used a mental exercise to calm herself down so he couldn't pick up her elevated pulse. One long finger crooked in her direction, beckoning her forward.

"Front and centre, Ruminskey!"

Lily almost trembled as his voice rasped over her skin in a delicious caress. It was so deep, so cold; it was like being bathed in an ice bath. Her wolf growled her approval and her vampire coiled tight with anticipation. Mac was just perfect in every way. He called to her as no man had managed to before.

Demetri had a saying he was fond of, "Time to dance with the devil."

Liliana Rose stepped forward smartly and kept her gaze locked with Mac's. It was most definitely time to dance with her own personal devil, and she couldn't wait for the experience.

To be continued...

JazCullen
JazCullen
6,489 Followers