Hearts of Warriors Ch. 14

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
JazCullen
JazCullen
6,490 Followers

She was under no illusions that she would come out of this mission alive. As soon as she took out one of the abominations the whole might of the vampires and Weres would come against her.

And that was why she had worked on another delivery method for the Amort poison. No one would be stupid enough to drink bottled blood now that Pietro and Demetri had told their tale. To stand any chance of achieving her goals, she'd had to find the best form of defence against vampires that were faster and stronger.

Luckily she was resourceful with her hands. She'd managed to create a system of partially hollowed out bullets laced with the poison. It had gone against her conscience to overdose each bullet with the Amort, but she needed to make sure these superior vampires were put down fast and she also didn't know how much would be required to destroy a Vârcolac with them being of mixed breed.

Still, she didn't have many of these bullets and would need to use them sparingly as she only had a limited amount of Amort left from the Pietro fiasco and the plant required to make it, which was the main ingredient, only grew in Romania. If she could take out her enemies without needing to resort to the Amort, she would and only fall back on it as a last resort.

It was clear that the wolves and other vampires wouldn't be leaving any time soon, so it was pointless Reasa staying in the area. As silent as a ghost, she slipped through the trees until she was far enough away to resume normal walking speed.

As she headed back to the small room she'd rented within the city, she made sure to avoid any other vampires as best she could. No doubt they would be expecting her to show up soon. Joshua must have alerted them to the missing hat by now. The last thing Reasa would do was underestimate the intelligence of her opponents. They hadn't become Ancients by being stupid.

She let herself into her room and carefully secured the door. Thankfully, feeding wasn't going to be an issue any time soon so she didn't have that headache to worry about. No, all she needed to be concerned about for now was hiding from the stateside vampires and Weres, tracking down the Vârcolac, and hiding from Louis.

With a sigh, Reasa lay down on her bed and stared up at the ceiling. This mission she'd set herself was no easy task and would require all of her intelligence to complete. The worst case scenario was she would only manage to take out one of the abominations before she died. If that was the case, then maybe her brief success would be enough to spur someone else on to take up her task.

For a moment she considered the wisdom of her actions and then she sighed again and closed her eyes. The compulsion to continue was too strong to fight. She had to reach the abominations and destroy them. They couldn't be allowed to live even if that meant her death.

To be continued...

JazCullen
JazCullen
6,490 Followers