Heel or Heal

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I'll have the same" she said resignedly. She looked around at the obviously exclusive restaurant they were dining in. The fact that it overlooked the harbor which she knew was also exclusive told her that it was expensive. You didn't get into these places unless you had money, a lot of it. She had never even been to this harbor but she knew it was here, everyone did but you had to have a million dollar yacht or sailboat to park it here at their docks. She hadn't even known this building was a restaurant. The bar was at one end of the entire breadth of the large room with crystal glasses and flutes hanging from the top and top notch liquor's in front of the etched glass mirror on various shelved levels. All of the seats and tables had cloth covers, the seats matching the tablecloths. It spoke of elegance, breeding, and sophistication. It also spoke of money, a lot of it. There weren't a lot of diners yet, it was a little early, but the few scattered about the place were glancing at the newcomers curiously. Brenda waited until the man left their table before leaning over to Claudia to whisper "what is this place?"

"It's the Bay Club" Claudia answered absentmindedly. She was deliberately ignoring Brenda's discomfort. Brenda was dressed appropriately, comfortably, but Claudia knew the surroundings could be a bit overwhelming and she had wanted a good meal when she thought about coming here. Brenda's discomfort didn't mean anything to her, it would pass.

"What is the Bay Club?" Brenda asked as she glanced around at the people looking at the two of them. The fact that Claudia had held her hand in so public a place and led her to the table couldn't have gone unnoticed.

"It's a member's only club" Claudia answered shortly as she turned the pages of the menu. "Do you want a steak? They have wonderful and exotic steaks."

Brenda didn't care about the steak. She was feeling uncomfortable and then she thought what the heck. This was Claudia's show, she would go along for the ride.

Claudia immediately sensed when Brenda began to relax. She was just surprised it had come this soon. She thought the Bordeaux would have to relax her friend. She realized she was resigned and this thought intrigued her. How quickly she could resign herself to her fate...

The waiter approached with their red wine and waited as Claudia took a sip and said "excellent" before pouring them both a glass full.

Brenda immediately noticed the glass wasn't normal but rather crystal cut. She admired the ruby redness of the wine before she took her first taste. It was heavenly, she had never tasted a wine that went down as smooth as this! It immediately made her feel warm and relaxed her further. She was surprised that it only took one sip to make her feel this way and carefully returned the glass to the table so she wouldn't over imbibe and make a fool of herself. She watched Claudia carefully to imitate her actions so she wouldn't embarrass her friend.

The waiter took their orders. Claudia ordered a beefalo steak and with a little encouragement Brenda ordered a cut of Ostrich. "It's better for you than chicken" Claudia informed her. The green beans and sprouts that would accompany it would be good for her new diet too. She was going to fit into that gift of Claudia's if it killed her.

"I take you are a member here?" Brenda asked when they were alone again.

"Yes, it's good for business to be seen here occasionally. Sometimes we conduct it out there" she nodded with her chin to indicate the boats that were tied to the various docks out the plate glass windows, some of them took up the entire length of the berth.

"That must be extraordinary" Brenda looked at the amazing boats realizing this was a level of wealth that was hidden from the common observer such as herself.

"It can be, it can also be terribly tedious" Claudia commented as she gazed out the window in thought.

"I know your in investment banking but what exactly do you do?" Brenda asked curious. She knew Claudia had money, she would have to be pretty stupid not to realize it after all the time they had spent together but she realized she really knew very little about the woman she was so attracted to.

"Yes it's all about investments but as I don't invest my own money in their deals I take a commission instead. My own money I invest very discretely elsewhere. As a result they never hear of my failures and assume I am always making money, for them, for myself, and I really am but since they don't see the whole picture I appear to be continually successful." Claudia told her without really telling her anything. It was a tactic that worked in the business world and while Brenda could glean more as time went on and they were closer, she didn't need to know too much about her at this stage.

Their conversation turned back to Brenda as Claudia adroitly turned the tables on her. Over their delicious dinner she discussed some of the things she wanted to do after her summer was over. It was nothing that Claudia hadn't heard from her friend before as she repeated some of her plans. It also showed Claudia that Brenda was a very truthful individual as the stories were all the same. She didn't correct her friend that she was repeating the same stories again but instead listened attentively and interested in her friends plans.

After dinner they took a little walk along the docks where the expensive boats lay in berth. Looking at the various styles Claudia told Brenda a few stories about deals she had made on a couple of the boats.

"I've been on that one" she pointed with her chin as they walked along.

"It looks...expensive" Brenda replied looking at the 'little' yacht that had to be over 50 feet long.

Claudia chuckled "it is." She was holding Brenda's hand and had to admit it felt comfortable. She liked leading her around and showing her the world she had no knowledge of.

"Do you have a boat?" Brenda asked after awhile.

Claudia nodded as she answered "I have had one but if I feel the need I rent instead. It saves on maintenance and crew."

Brenda nodded as though she understood.

"Hey, I wanted to go to the movies" she waited before asking "did you want to go with me or would you like me to drive you back to the beach?" She gazed at the brunette expectantly.

Brenda couldn't say no to her. She couldn't explain why but her earlier worry about paying her fair share had subsided. She didn't know how she could ever pay Claudia back but she would try, at least that's what she told herself. Nodding she answered "I'd love to go to a movie with you."

Claudia hadn't mentioned it was like a premiere. An acquaintance of hers had a first copy of a movie not out on the market and was showing it in their private screening room of their mansion. As she drove up the drive to the house Brenda had to ask "where are we?"

"Oh, this is a friend's house" she said airily as she parked the Maserati in the drive behind a Porsche, a Mercedes, an Audi, and a BMW.

"The movie is here? They're expecting us?" Brenda asked in confusion as she looked around at the columns holding up the portico of the house. "I'm not really dressed..." she began.

"Nonsense!" Claudia interrupted "your with ME! Stop worrying" and she proceeded to tug Brenda along behind her.

"Ah Ms. Schaeffer" a butler greeted Claudia as he answered the door. "I see you've brought a guest."

"Hello Stephan, this is my friend" did she stress the word 'friend' thought Brenda. "This is Brenda" she smiled at Brenda who was looking around nervously.

"Everyone is in the screening room, would you like a drink?" Stephan asked.

"Of course, you know my usual. Brenda, would you like anything special?" Claudia turned to her and Stephan looked at her expectantly.

Unsure of herself Brenda quickly said "I'll have whatever Claudia is having" and hoped that was the 'cool' thing to do.

Stephan nodded and disappeared. Claudia looked at her slightly amused and began to lead her into the immense house. She apparently knew her way to the screening room.

"Claudia!" several voices greeted her as she stepped into a finely furnished mini-theatre.

Then began a round of introductions for Brenda who politely shook hands and greeted the other eight couples in the room. Claudia wasn't the only one who had brought a woman with her. There were two other same sex couples, one with two women, one with two men. Brenda realized it was much more accepted in this group than in other places she had been. Stephan arrived with their drinks and Brenda was surprised to find lemon water with a twist of lemon floating on top of the ice. It was refreshing and non-alcoholic. Claudia watched her over her own glass at her first taste and then her eyes glittered in amusement over her surprise.

The movie was a comedy with Tom Hanks and they all had a delightful time. The group was fun and knowledgeable. The movie was a little over two hours long and afterwards they all mixed chatting.

"So your Claudia's latest?" one of the women asked her. Brenda couldn't remember her name.

Turning she looked towards Claudia who was discussing something that looked serious with their hosts who were the two men who were a couple. She smiled slightly as she nodded and answered the woman "I'm hoping to be."

The woman looked at her in surprise. "You haven't slept with her yet?"

Brenda was surprised that the woman would be so bold as to ask. What a rude question! "No, we are just dating" she tried to say with dignity. She didn't want to seem unsophisticated in this room of moneyed people. She didn't know if they were clients or friends of Claudia's and she couldn't afford to be rude.

"Who's just dating?" another woman walked up to ask as she just heard the tail end of Brenda's statement.

"Apparently she and Claudia are" the first woman told the second.

The second woman blinked in surprise and said "you know, you kind of look like Kailee."

The first woman exclaimed in surprise and said "your right! She does sort of look like her doesn't she?" as she examined Brenda closer.

"Who was Kailee?" Brenda asked feeling uncomfortable and stupid. Both women turned to her in surprise as though she had asked an improper question. The first women opened her mouth to respond when they were interrupted by one of their hosts.

"Kailee was Claudia's previous girlfriend" he said as he gave a warning glance to the first two women and bestowed a friendly smile on Brenda. Putting his arm around her shoulders he steered her away from the two women she had been speaking with. "Don't mind them, they love to gossip and let's face it, the mysterious Claudia just oozes that certain something that they all love to talk about."

Brenda felt a little overwhelmed. She and Claudia had never really talked about her past girlfriends. Claudia knew about all of Brenda's previous relationships, all two of them; both in college, and nothing much. One with a man, one with a woman, and it was then that she found she greatly preferred women. She hadn't pried about Claudia's past but now she wondered. "What happened to Kailee?" she asked her host.

"Wow, that's a story, I don't know if Claudia would appreciate me telling you" he hedged.

This only made Brenda more curious. "Why don't you tell me some of it, and I'll ask Claudia the rest" she compromised.

He seemed to find this acceptable as he steered her out onto a balcony that overlooked a terrific garden lit with small Japanese lanterns. "Let's see, Kailee was Claudia's from the word go. They did everything together. Kailee couldn't do enough to please Claudia and the feeling was obviously mutual. We all thought it was almost obsessive the way Kailee felt about Claudia but she handled it well." He paused for a moment.

Brenda waited, she anxiously wanted to know more but she didn't at the same time. She already knew about that obsessive feeling for Claudia, she was feeling the beginnings of that.

"They had some hellacious fights, Kailee was incredibly jealous of Claudia."

Brenda could understand that too. Claudia was gorgeous, and Brenda was...not.

"Claudia however wouldn't allow her to feel that way."

"Allow?" Brenda asked confused, she couldn't see how anyone could govern someone else's feelings.

He looked at her strangely and shrugged, she would find out soon enough, she might as well find out from someone who actually knew the truth "Kailee one night was sure that Claudia wasn't at a business meeting as she said and when she finally found out where she was she drove there to catch her in the act. Claudia was not amused. She ordered Kailee home, they had a helluva fight and Kailee went home with her tail tucked between her legs. Claudia followed shortly thereafter and saw what happened. Kailee must have been very upset because she was driving erratically. Claudia tried to call her on her cell but she wouldn't answer. She drove into the oncoming path of a semi and was killed instantly and Claudia saw it all and could do nothing." he finished quietly.

Brenda stared at him horrified. Claudia had never said a word. Brenda had never asked and now she felt she couldn't. It obviously must still hurt her. "That picture on her dresser?" she murmured.

He nodded "the brunette?"

She nodded and he nodded again to acknowledge it. "Oh my gawd, poor Claudia" she said sadly.

He shrugged "some say she deserved it for the way she treated Kailee."

She looked at him horrified not answering the statement.

"Claudia isn't an easy person" he confided "she is however loyal and found Kailee's jealousy embarrassing."

Brenda thought about what she had just been told and her heart went out to Claudia. She had admired so much about this woman, she was captivated by her, wanted to be her lover, and now she wanted to just comfort her, to help her get over the tragedy. Was she the person to do it though? The love was obvious between the two of them in the picture.

"Are you okay?" he asked concerned. "Maybe I shouldn't have told you?"

"No, I'm fine, poor Claudia though..." she wanted to cry for her and she felt herself becoming emotional on Claudia's behalf.

"Don't ever let her hear you say that" he told her wisely. "Claudia is a cold fish sometimes but she is also one hell of a businesswoman. She will fillet you if she gets it into her head that you feel sorry for her. She doesn't suffer fools gladly. I hope you really know what you are getting into with her." He warned her, he had told her Claudia's sad past, but he had also warned her, it was the least he could do.

He wasn't the first to warn her about Claudia, her friends had tried to as well. Brenda though couldn't hear the warning, Claudia had been wonderful to her and she deserved Brenda's compassion for what she had suffered through before. Brenda determined not to be like this Kailee person. She couldn't compete for Claudia's love with a dead person but she could perhaps start over with Claudia and prove to her that not everyone was like Kailee.

"What's going on out here?" Claudia's cool tones startled them both.

Her host recovered immediately from their intense conversation and hid it quicker than Brenda who was still stunned, still contemplating what she had heard about Claudia. "Ah, showing her the garden. See how we got all the lanterns rigged now so you can walk through it at night?" he distracted Claudia long enough for Brenda to recover and pull herself together. He shot a warning glance behind Claudia's back at her.

After talking with her host for awhile Claudia looked over at Brenda and asked "are you ready to go?"

Brenda was still a little numb by what she had learned and nodded dumbly.

Claudia thanked her host for a lovely time and Brenda shook his hand as he stared intently into her eyes trying to convey some secret message.

Claudia put her arm around Brenda to lead her through the viewing room and she said goodnight to many of her friends and acquaintances. At the car she helped Brenda into her seat and got into the drivers seat. As she buckled in she asked "did you have a nice time?"

"Oh yes, that was amazing. How do they get to pre-screen movies like that?" she asked.

"I think it's something about being part of the screen-actor's guild. It helps with the voting or something." Claudia replied as she put the car in gear and expertly drove away down the drive past the other richly appointed cars.

"Amazing" Brenda repeated, hoping her voice sounded normal.

They chatted quietly about the movie on the way back to the beach. As they turned on a road that would lead them to Brenda's friends house or further down to Claudia's, Claudia asked "would you like to come to my house?"

Brenda was relieved that she asked, she was certain she had given herself away somehow and didn't want to anger her in any way. She breathed "yes" and was given a delighted smile by the attractive blonde in response.

Claudia pulled into the garage that was under the house and closed the electric door. They both got out and pulled their purchases out, the bags and boxes from their shopping expedition, and carried them up the stairs where Brandy greeted them enthusiastically.

"You want to go out?" Claudia asked the dog who wagged happily at the question. Claudia let her out and watched her momentarily.

Brenda crept up behind her to put her arms around her and give her a hug from behind. "Thank you for today" she said quietly, still feeling bad for Claudia's loss and grateful for sharing her day with her.

Claudia turned around and hugged Brenda in return. She had enjoyed shopping with her and while she hadn't liked the clothes she wore to shop in, she would learn eventually what was and was not acceptable. Pulling back she leaned down and kissed Brenda on the lips, ever so soft, ever so sweet.

Brenda couldn't help but want to deepen than kiss, it felt incredible.

Claudia though wouldn't allow her to deepen it. She felt the need to maintain control and Brenda had surprised her by impulsively hugging her from behind. Not that she didn't want it but she felt some of Brenda's training needed to start now, however subtle. She had introduced her to some of her friends, she had been seen in some of her usual places, it would be expected that her new friend understand the rules. Claudia kept up the kiss but light and feathery, she wouldn't allow Brenda to pull her closer and she pulled back when she tried.

Brenda wanted to open her lips and plunge her tongue inside but she sensed that Claudia wouldn't approve. She was delighted that she was kissing the beautiful blonde but she didn't understand when she pulled back however lightly. She however, didn't want to put Claudia off and she hoped she hadn't stepped over some invisible line.

Claudia surprised her though by capturing her face with her hands, they felt so soft against her cheeks and lightly taking her tongue and running it along her lips which opened automatically in a gasp. She pulled back to smile down on the brunette as she stepped back to let Brandy back in the door.

Claudia opened a bottle of wine and they sat on the couches that faced out over the back deck and turned out the lights as they chatted quietly. Brenda was pleased when Claudia began to play with her hair absentmindedly as they talked. It made her feel so good to be petted like that.

"Would you like to spend the night?" Claudia asked as it got late.

Brenda wanted to, desperately. But if she didn't make an appearance her friends would call the police and report her absence. She hadn't thought she would be staying over and she didn't want to worry them. She also felt inadequate to deal with the emotions and what might happen. She wasn't quite ready.

Claudia respected her decision and thought perhaps it was actually all for the best. She had impulsively suggested it and if she was going to train Brenda properly she couldn't give in to such impulses.