Her Best Friend Forever

Story Info
Lovers and Friends.
3.7k words
42.8k
19
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Every once in a while, a couple of characters enter into my world and speak to me about interesting things. This is just such a story. It's my hope that you will enjoy meeting them and their crazy ideas as much as I enjoyed writing them down for you. Thanks for taking the time to read another one of my stories. =Dreamweaver594=

*****

One afternoon, while sitting on the back terrace watching the sunset, Kevin finally broached a subject that had long been dormant in the deep recesses of his soul. It was based on a deep-seated curiosity about women, and how they think.

"What's it like to be you?" He asked sitting comfortably in a lounge chair on the terrace. He was gazing out across the backyard and watching the sun dance among the clouds as it slowly disappeared beneath the horizon when he glanced over at his wife. She flopped down on the lounger, her favorite chair, after she retrieved the wine bottle off the kitchen counter. Her raven black hair fell loosely from her head like a shimmering waterfall. Usually she tied it back or up but tonight it was radiant, just the way Kevin adored it. It framed a beautiful face with ruby lips and high arched eyebrows above eyes that captured Kevin's heart the first time he saw her.

At first Mieko didn't understand the deeper implications of the question. It had been a long day at the office and she was exhausted. She responded with the cursory flippant remark. "Well in these heels right now, painful."

He smiled. He expected that in the back of her mind she might be curious about this too but it wasn't something she expected him to ask. He glanced over and saw her sneaking a quick peek in his direction. He moved over to sit at her feet then he reached down to lift them up and place them in his lap. He began to gently rub the arches of her feet pressing against her aching muscles.

"Oh, my God, that feels so good."

Suddenly, feeling bold, he decided to pursue his line of thought more diligently. "No sweetheart, to be you? Women always share things so freely with other women. Guys never do that. What's it like to be able to be open and intimate with another woman? To share feelings or thoughts that you would never reveal to a man, even your husband? To freely discuss the most intimate details of a relationship knowing full well that those details would never be revealed to your husband or anyone else for that matter."

"What brought this on?"

"Curiosity? Women, especially you, fascinate me and I always want to know more about them. So, what's it like?"

"I don't know, because I've never had the experience you've described."

"What do you mean?"

"I've never met a woman I trusted enough to share anything like that. If you'll notice dear, all my friends are really acquaintances. I know them, we invite them to dinner occasionally, but there's nothing intimate about it. The only true friend I have is you."

Kevin paused a moment and considered her response. "But I've seen stories on television and read them in books where girls share everything."

"Well that's just make-believe, at least for me. I understand what you're asking and I've known other women who have had close female relationships, but I'm just not one of them."

Mieko glanced at him again. Curiosity was dancing in her eyes. "What about you? Don't guys talk about things they would never want their wives to know about?"

"Perhaps some do, but mostly no. Being open and candid about a man's relationship with a woman flies in the face of male pride. No one would admit anything about their performance or if they did it would be laced with bravado and tempered with lies."

"Humph, and you think women are any less tempted to exaggerate or stretch the truth? My love, you are indeed naïve."

"No. Yes. Perhaps, a little."

"Women have to be so much more guarded than men," she said tipping the wine bottle and filling her glass again. A splash of red wine spotted the table and she dipped a finger into it and sucked her finger into her mouth.

"You do know that drives me crazy when you do that don't you?"

She looked at him coquettishly, her eyes dazzled with a devilish gleam.

Kevin stood up and swept her into his arms. She giggled and squealed as he embraced her. His arm moved down beneath her perfect ass and lifted her up to carry her into their bedroom where he laid her gently on the bed.

"You are so incredibly beautiful," he whispered as he leaned over her and kissed her lips then trailed kisses down her neck to the valley between her breasts.

She moaned and squirmed under his attention. He sat up and pulled his shirt off as she moved to unbuckle his belt.

"Let me," she whispered as lightly drew her nails across his naked back then moved to push his pants off his cute butt and down his legs. She brought her hands back up to knead his butt cheeks for a moment then she moved her hands around to cup his balls and wrap them around his rigid shaft.

"Mmmm, very nice." She lightly raked her fingernails across his perineum as she slowly stroked him.

Kevin groaned and kissed her again then he moved his body down between her thighs, leaving her hands to pinch his nipples as they moved by on his way to the moist heaven of her clitoris and sweet full lips. He extended his tongue and began to lightly tickle her clit, knowing that it would drive her wild.

She wrapped her legs around his back and pressed against his head moaning his name as she began to soar. Her desire grew as her passion began to flow, leaving a large wet spot beneath them.

Kevin slipped one and then another finger inside her vagina moving gently around in search of her 'g-spot'. When he found it her legs clinched around him like a vice.

"Oh my God I want you inside of me now, love. God, I love what you do to me!"

She sighed briefly as he removed his fingers then he moved to straddle her crotch bringing his leg across her abdomen not unlike two sets of fingers interlocking. She reached over to caress his face as he settled against her. She closed her eyes, enraptured by the bliss that enveloped her body as he thrust into her delicate place with a long, slow, but deliberate plunge.

"Oh God, you fit so perfect," she murmured as her hips began to undulate, matching his rhythmic thrusts.

As their passion grew so did the pace of their lovemaking. The room was filled with the tender sounds of flesh pushing against flesh muffled by moans and the chants of heavy breathing. She was close; Kevin could feel the strengths of her thrusts increase to meet his. The muscles of her inner thigh began to bear down on him as he pushed deeper into her.

Her voice was now a tiny squeak as she squealed her joy. It was barely audible above the sound of their rapid breathing. She crested into oblivion as his seed flowed into her. She dug her fingernails into his shoulders as her juices flowed from her pussy, coating their bodies with her nectar.

* * *

Kevin lay silent, still breathing rapidly. He softened and he slipped out of her lithe body to lie next to her and listen to her breathing. It was soft and gentle, down some from the intensity of a few minutes ago. He thought back to the conversation they had earlier, the one on the terrace. The one where he asked her about whether she would like to have a girlfriend to share her secrets with. He wondered why she never met a woman to whom she felt she could be a close friend. Then he thought about his own life and realized that he never had that experience as well. There weren't any guys that he could share with either. Mieko was his best friend, his only true friend. He remembered when he met her for the first time.

She was searching for a book in the reserved storage shelves down in the basement of the old library building on campus. He was trying to find an obscure reference book and the section he tried at first offered nothing for his efforts. He turned a narrow corner in the maze of bookshelves and stopped in his tracks. Crouching on the floor and reaching for another book from the bottom shelf was Mieko. She looked up with those beautiful dark eyes and he was forever smitten. If he could, he would have melted into the palm of her hand.

He moved his hand to cradle one of her breasts. They were soft and supple; her nipples were still hard, sitting on top of her breasts like a cherry placed on top of a mountain of delicious ice cream. He traced gently around her nipple then drew a lacey pattern around both of her breasts. Then he brought his hand up to caress her cheek. She smiled and looked over at his wry grin.

"What?"

"I was just thinking."

"About what?"

"About what we talked about before, about having a best girlfriend."

"And?"

"Well I realized that I've never had a guy friend I could talk to either, never, until I met you. You're my best friend. Thank you for being here for me."

"I love you," she said leaning over to kiss him.

"I love you too, more than anything else in the world."

"Thank you too for being here for me." She pulled his arm around her and curled up against his chest.

"You're welcome. But I still wonder, would you like to know someone like that? Someone who could be a girlfriend you could share with, intimately?"

* * *

Mieko thought about that question for a moment. It was something she put out of her mind long ago, the thought of finding a female friend to share intimate details, someone with whom she could be just a woman.

She knew other women had best girlfriends but it never worked out for her. Trust was always the issue. She looked through high school, even college, but there was never anyone she met she trusted more than Kevin, whom she met in her sophomore year in school.

Now that Kevin brought it up again, it was there in the forefront of her mind. Did she want a girlfriend to talk to?

She gazed into his smoky grey eyes and smiled. "Yes," she whispered to him. "I'd like that. Maybe someday."

She offered him that as a parting gesture, a way of letting him know that she would think about it nonetheless.

*><*><*

Over the next week, during quiet moments, Mieko did think a lot about the question her husband asked. 'Would you like a girlfriend you could share with intimately?' His question haunted her.

On the way to Cleveland, while the plane sat on the tarmac waiting for a departure window, her mind drifted back to his question once again. And once again the same unanswered questions drifted through her mind.

She wondered if there was someone she knew who she could trust that much. Who would open up to her as well and share her secrets too? But no one came to mind.

And what did he mean by intimate? Did he mean sex? Did he think she might be bi-sexual? She was pretty sure she wasn't but then...she considered it for a moment. She wondered what it would be like to share a bed with another woman, to touch and be touched, to taste and explore, openly and perhaps wantonly. The thought sent a chill down her spine. She loved Kevin very much. He was her best friend. She knew that she would never violate that trust.

The plane taxied to the runway and took off. As the plane soared above the clouds she wondered if he had any guy friends he shared his feelings with? He said he didn't. Did he think about that too?

She settled back in her seat. The flight to Cleveland wasn't very long, just over an hour. She would be back home tomorrow afternoon. Maybe then she would ask him what he meant.

*><*><*

Mieko walked into the house drenched from an afternoon cloudburst that seemed to catch everyone in the neighborhood by surprise. She shook her hair loose from the encumbrances of a metal clasp and pulled off her suit jacket to hang it on the hook by the door.

"I'm home," she shouted as she dropped her suitcase by the front door and walked down the hallway in stocking feet.

She walked by the atrium doors that led to the covered terrace in the back of the house and glanced outside on her way to the kitchen. She couldn't see anyone outside so she called out again.

"Kevin, I'm home. I caught an earlier flight. Kevin?" Still no answer. "Humph."

She turned and walked into the kitchen. On the counter the remains of a bottle of Pinot Noir sat by the coffee maker that he must have opened last night. The cork still looked fresh. She pulled down two glasses from the shelf and filled one for herself.

Then she scanned the counter for a note hoping that he was just out shopping and would be back soon. But she didn't find anything.

Because she took an earlier flight there was no way that Kevin would expect her this soon. She shrugged her shoulders and picked up the mail that was tossed into a basket. Nothing looked interesting but there was a magazine she had been waiting for. She grabbed her wine glass and she walked back towards the terrace to relax until he returned.

As she walked out onto the terrace she saw movement on the couch. It was Kevin and he had earbuds jammed into his ears so he couldn't have heard her shout earlier. He was lying down sideways on the couch, which was probably why she didn't notice him at first. His head was bobbing to music she could barely hear from his earbuds.

She scrunched her mouth into an awkward smile and started to reach over to jostle him when she noticed what he was wearing. It was sort of a robe but not. Like a kaftan but at the same time it wasn't made out of the usual heavy woven material that most men's kaftans are made from. It was soft and silky and it shimmered in the afternoon sun. It finally dawned on her, it was a women's dressing gown. One of those one-size fits all, satin items that women sometimes wear to lounge around the house.

Why was he wearing that? It wasn't one of hers. He sort of looks kind of cute in that thing with his long sandy blonde hair draping across his back. It was held in place by a band that created a ponytail full of curls. He kept his hair long because she asked him too when they first started dating. He was going to cut it one hot summer day and she pleaded with him not to. She liked how soft and full it was. It reminded her of her father's hair before he died. He was a musician and kept it long like Kevin did because he lived in an age when having long hair was rebellious and being a rock musician needed rebellion.

She smiled to herself and moved over to the lounger to sat down.

"Hey, I didn't hear you come in." He sat up and pulled his earbuds out.

"Maybe because of that Pearl Jam riff that's swimming around inside your head." She put her glass down on the coffee table and opened her magazine.

"Yeah, I suppose. How was your flight?

"Good. Uneventful, which is always nice."

"And the meeting?"

"Boring, dreadfully boring."

"Are you hungry? I can start dinner now if you'd like."

"No, we can wait. I took an earlier flight and now I just want to rest a bit."

Kevin tossed his book onto the table in front of the couch and propped his feet up.

Mieko glanced up from her magazine and smirked. "You look comfortable."

"Yeah, I am. Do you like it? I saw it in Marshall's the other day when we were out shopping. I had to stop in a shop near there yesterday so I thought I go buy it."

"For a moment there I thought you were someone else."

"Who?"

"A woman." She picked up her glass and took a sip watching his reaction over the rim of the glass.

"Really? Hmm. Do I look that feminine in this?"

"Yes, you sort of do. I suppose with a bit of makeup and your hair done right you'd probably pass."

"You're kidding, right?"

"Does that bother you? That you can look feminine?"

Kevin thought about that for a moment. "Hmmm." He had long since given up worrying about what other people thought, except for Mieko, she was always at the center of his heart. "No, I don't think it bothers me, does it bother you?"

"No. It's intriguing actually."

"Uh-Oh. You have that gleam in your eye. Whenever you get that gleam something naughty is going to happen."

"Maybe, maybe not. It all depends on whether you're willing to play along."

"With what?"

She hesitated a moment. Could she spill the beans so easily? Would he flinch? "Dressing up."

Kevin expression dissolved into a curious smile. "Really? You mean as a girl?"

"A woman actually but yes."

Mieko set her wine glass down and moved over to sit next to him on the couch. Sitting this close to him dressed as he was sent chills down her spine. She was excited. Not like the excitement she gets whenever she would share an intimate moment with him but a different kind of excitement, something deep inside, something purely feminine. "You asked me a couple of weeks ago if I've ever had a girlfriend I could share thoughts with intimately."

"Yes, I remember that. You told me that you never found anyone who you trusted that completely."

"Uh-huh. But I trust you. Completely."

"You want me to be your girlfriend?"

"Sometimes, when I really need a girlfriend to talk to."

"But wouldn't you want to share things with this girlfriend that you would never share with me?"

"Yes, and anything that I tell you as my girlfriend you can never say to my husband. You have to promise that."

"This is weird."

"Maybe, but isn't it worth a try?"

Kevin reached up and rubbed a spot on his forehead. He always did that when he was thinking about something complex, and what Mieko suggested was sounding complex. "Okay, so what if we try this and it doesn't work out?"

"Then we go back to being who we are. But I think I want to try this."

"It's platonic, right? Your not interested in..."

She shrugged her shoulders and offered him an enigmatic smile. "No, just two girlfriends, sharing a different kind of love. Not better, just different."

Mieko picked up her wine glass and walked to the kitchen to refill it while Kevin absentmindedly picked up his book while pondering her offer.

He did want to be closer to her. He often wondered about what it must be like to be a woman, and talk about things that interest women, intimately. But could he pass as a woman? Did he have to pass as a woman? Wouldn't this be something private? Why would he have to pass? Maybe she wanted to go shopping or have coffee somewhere, then he'd have to look and act feminine. Could he do that? Or would he look like some sort of outlandish freak? She seems to think it might work. He guessed they could try it and if it doesn't work out they could at least get a good laugh out of it. He figured he'd just have to trust her and put himself in her hands.

Mieko walked back out of the kitchen and sat on the lounger again. She glanced over at Kevin, watching him mull over her idea.

He stood up slowly. He leaned over and kissed her gently on the lips then he offered her just one word framed with a wry grin. "Okay." He turned and walked into the kitchen to start dinner.

Mieko leaned back and smiled. Her worry and doubt that Kevin would balk at the idea was replaced quickly but a girlish squeal of delight. Of course she waited until he was out of earshot to do it. It filled her heart with excitement. He is her best friend, now we'll see if he can become her best girlfriend too. A best girlfriend was something she'd secretly desired for a very long time.

She walked into the kitchen and wrapped her arms around his chest and squeezed tightly. Then she leaned up and kissed the nape of his neck. "Thank you, my love, very much."

*****

A NOTE TO THE READER:

This story is a work of fiction. All of the characters, their names and the places that they visit, are purely from the imagination of the author. Any resemblance to persons, places, or things is not intentional and purely coincidental.

If you believe in coincidence I'm happy for you. However, if you read my other works you know that I do not, but the lawyers like to see that word in there anyway.

12