Hidden Desires Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Jade observed as Dawn danced with a lucky few and Rachael smiled politely as Amelia held her close when a butch approached. The same was true when a femme approached Amelia as Rachael would hold on to her rather possessively.

Vittoria danced with many and eventually stayed with a tall butch who had a hungry look in her eyes, and Paula danced with a few lovelies and eventually settled with a cute little blond. Even Dawn settled with a lithe butch and they subsequently left together.

In between dances, Paula would check on how Jade was doing, giving Jade the feeling of having a mother hen hovering so she told Paula to stop and enjoy herself with her pick up.

Jade downed the last of her drink and, noted that Terry's glass was empty.

"Would you like a refill?" she asked with what she hoped was a natural smile. She didn't feel so natural. Somehow she was feeling herself wanting to be tentative, and worked hard against it.

"Yes, thank you," she said. At that, Jade smiled with greater assurance.

On her way back she saw a large woman talking to Terry. As Jade approached she could hear the strange woman trying loudly to bully Terry into a dance. Terry was firmly saying no thank you but the butch didn't want to take no for an answer.

Jade felt a sudden rise of her protective instincts and hurried over to the table.

"Here's you drink sweetie. Sorry I took so long," Jade said loudly as to be heard over the music. The butch eyed Jade up and down and licked her lips suggestively.

"You two fluffs together?" she asked.

"Yes. Is there a problem?" Jade asked her voice calm but firm too, indicating that she was not intimidated in the least. She locked eyes with the butch, and stared intently at her, gauging her possible level of aggression.

Whatever the butch saw in Jade's eyes she laughed and spoke with mirth in her voice.

"Damn, you got some balls on you for a pretty little thing," she said shaking her head as she walked away laughing.

Jade let out a breath she was holding and sat down. When she looked at Terry, the woman had a look of disbelief on her face.

"Are you alright?" Jade asked as she sipped her drink.

"Me? Are you alright? That woman was huge, what if she didn't back down?" Terry asked her eyes wide.

"Well then I guess I'd have just hit her fist with my face until the cops showed up to save me," Jade said with a grin.

"Oh my god," Terry gasped followed by a fit of giggles. Jade joined her and they had a good hearty laugh.

The others chose this time to return and inquired what the joke was.

"Jade is crazy," Terry got out between breaths and laughing so much that tears formed in her eyes. Jade wasn't any better off.

"Okay, whatever, Rachael and me are out," Amelia said.

"Alright guys, take care, the night's still young and that stud over there wants to take me home and have her way with me so I'm leaving too," Vittoria enthused.

"And I want to do the same with that hot femme, but I'll postpone until another night," Paula said in a sultry voice.

"Nonsense, go have fun, I'll make it home alright," Jade insisted.

Paula hesitated but the femme was looking better by the second. She eventually gave in and with everyone saying their goodbyes, each went their separate ways.

As they each sat with their drink and saying little if anything, Jade was nonetheless feeling nice and relaxed. However, glancing at Terry sitting in the dim light, Jade felt butterflies in her stomach and realized she was really attracted to Terry. She wondered if Terry could be attracted to her as well but wasn't sure how to go about finding out. It had been years since she dated anyone and even then, she didn't do the pursuing. So what to do?

A slow song began over the speakers and Jade just took a chance.

"Would you like to dance, maybe let that butch keep thinking we're together?" Jade asked with a sly, conspiratorial smile on her face.

Terry grinned slightly. "Sure. We can't have your face boxing her fists in, huh?" They both laughed as they moved from the table.

Jade took her hand and slowly led her to the dance floor, but once there she was at a loss for what to do next. Terry immediately sensed it and took pity on her. Taking both of Jade's hands, she placed them on her hips, then hooked both her hands around Jade's neck and they started moving to the music very slowly.

Though Terry was a little taller, with her heels Jade became the taller one. They soon settled into a good rhythm. Jade fell into the role of leading as they stared into each other's eyes.

By the time the song ended, Jade felt flushed and she saw that same look on Terry.

"Thank you," Jade said as they went back to the table.

"Thank you, that was nice."

"Yeah, it was, and I still have my face," Jade said with a near grin.

Once more, they laughed as they went to sit down. In a moment, neither saying anything, both knew that something was happening between them.

As Jade tried to think and rationalize what was happening as she gazed onto the dance floor and noticed how the other women were dancing. It had not registered earlier in the night, or even when Terry did it, but Jade saw that all the femme type women held on to their partners by the neck and the butches held on by the waist or hips. Jade realized that Terry, though the more experienced lesbian, was treating Jade like she was the leader in whatever was happening. Being a 'take charge' type of person, Jade reached across the table and took Terry's hand.

"Say, how about we get out of here and go get some coffee or something some place where it's quiet?" Jade asked.

"Okay," Terry agreed. They gathered their purses and left just as the DJ announced it was time for the eleven pm special performance.

* * * *

Paula had driven Jade so they left in Terry's little black Audi. They managed to find a small diner that was opened 24/7 and took a seat in the back. It was truly too late for coffee so they ordered a couple of cokes and sat in silence sipping.

"You know I never expected this," Jade opened.

"Expected what?" Terry inquired.

"To be so attracted to a woman on the first night I decided to try out a lesbian club."

Terry smiled at her. "That's very sweet of you to say."

"It's not sweet, it's the truth and I see it in your eyes too. You're attracted to me," she said softly.

"Yes," Terry breathed out as she shook her head, "but this is dangerous."

"Why?" Jade questioned.

"It's...complicated," Terry finished feebly.

"How so?"

"I—it just is, okay. There are things about me...let's just say you don't want to get involved no matter how we may feel about each other right now," Terry offered. She looked out the window and Jade could see a great sadness within her. Jade covered her hand that was resting on the table with her own.

"Hey, what's wrong? You look really sad."

"It's nothing you can help me with so please just leave it alone," Terry answered. She turned her hand over and held Jade's for a moment then she pulled away.

Neither wishing to end it, yet Terry not willing to talk, Jade settled for looking at Terry as she looked out the window. It was difficult for both of them, but Jade had no idea why.

There was something troubling Terry deeply and Jade wanted to take that sad almost pained look away from her pretty face. They stayed until it was almost midnight then Jade suggested they call it a night. Terry drove her back to Paula's place.

As the car stopped, Jade wondered about which was the most appropriate way to end their time together. She wasn't sure if trying to kiss Terry would be welcomed but felt a hand shake was too formal. She decided to split the difference, so to speak. Before getting out she thanked Terry for a wonderful time and taking her hand in her own, Jade planted a soft, sweet kiss on the top of Terry's hand. Terry was startled at first but then smiled at the gesture. She waited until Jade was safely inside before she drove off.

Jade was feeling on top of the world. She had just spent her evening with a beautiful, not to mention sexy, woman and she felt really good about that. She was concerned that she might feel guilty—her religious upbringing and all that—about actually trying to attract a woman, but she wasn't. She just felt good.

And what a woman she had attracted: intelligent, sexy, a good sense of humor, and they had common interests, but she was getting way ahead of things. Terry had something deeply worrying her, a fear of starting something with Jade seemed to be the cause. She was obviously attracted to Jade but she had some mysterious reason not to pursue it.

As Jade entered the apartment, her mind was completely overwhelmed with thoughts of Terry, and how sexy looking she was. It didn't help matters either that as she passed Paula's bedroom she heard a young woman's voice screaming "Fuck me, fuck me, oh god, harder, ride me harder." Thankfully the door was closed this time otherwise Jade might have stopped to take a peek.

Crawling into bed, Jade masturbated herself to a sweet, gentle orgasm while thinking of Terry. Her last thought before sleep was that she was determined to start something with her. She was too wonderful for Jade not to try.

Chapter 7

The scene the next morning was the same as the last time. The only difference was that Paula was wearing a track suit and the girl sipping coffee was blond. Not being at all strange this time, Jade smiled warmly as she introduced herself to the lovely young woman.

She poured coffee and sat down as Paula was plating omelets. This young woman was named Gina and she was an aspiring violin player with the local music school. She was only twenty two but admitted that she liked to date slightly older women. She was straight forward and not shy at all in her admittance.

When Gina went to change, Jade told Paula, "I need to talk to you alone."

"Can it wait until after I take Gina home?"

"Sure. Maybe I'll take a nice bath while you're gone," Jade said.

Jade did take a long languid soak in the bathtub and really thought about what was happening to her.

Her father's side of the family was devout Irish Catholic and her mother, an American born Japanese woman, joined her husband in church often but never truly converted. Jade along with her brother grew up going to church regularly but by the time Jade was in high school she attended less and less. Now she only attended church for weddings or funerals.

Many religious people deemed homosexuality a sin, but in Jade's opinion, if it was between consenting adults, why should anyone care what went on between two people in private?

Was she worried about going to hell for feeling a sexual attraction to women, about dreaming about having sex with women? No she wasn't. A bigger question was how she felt about the actual act of sex with a woman. She fantasized about a woman licking her pussy but could she honestly reciprocate.

With Terry she thought yes she definitely could.

* * * *

Paula returned and they sat in the living room.

"So what is so urgent?" began Paula.

"I need your help," Jade stated.

"Alright, I'm all ears."

"Well first of all, last night I talked with Terry and after everyone left, we danced and..."

"And?" Paula asked her eyes wide with surprise.

"God Paula, I know I've only just met her but I'm really attracted to her. I—I want to see more of her, Paula," Jade finished in a breathless rush.

"Okay," Paula said shaking her head in disbelief. "You're really moving fast with this, and with Terry of all people." Paula blew out a heavy breath.

"What's wrong with Terry?" Jade questioned. She felt her stomach lurch. What did Paula know that she didn't?

"Oh, no, nothing's wrong with Terry per se, it's just that I've known her for almost two years and she's never seriously dated anyone. She goes out once or twice with a girl but she always breaks it off before it gets too serious."

"Do you know why?

"No, she just always says, they were not for her and she asks us not to pry any further. We've respected her privacy so we don't bug her."

"So are you telling me not to even try to date her, pursue her or anything like that?" Jade asked feeling her stomach sinking.

"No, I'm just saying that if you do try with her don't get your hopes up cause I don't want you to get hurt."

"Okay, I understand. It's just that there's just something so special about her. I can't help myself when I think about her," Jade revealed to Paula.

"If that's how you feel, go for it, just be careful and don't be surprised if it doesn't work out, okay?"

"Yeah, thanks," Jade said. She felt a bit discouraged but decided that she still had to try to see if this attraction could go somewhere.

"Paula, I also need some other advice."

"Okay, what is it?"

"I need you to coach me on how to pursue a woman."

Chapter 8

Bright and early Monday morning, Terry Matthews stepped off of the elevator and headed to her office. Her secretary, Darla, handed Terry her morning messages and with a little giggle said there was a surprise waiting in her office. Intrigued, Terry entered her office to find a large vase of lovely, light pink orchids. Terry stood in stunned silence as she stared at the beautiful display.

"Darla," Terry called when she regained her composure.

"Yes Terry."

"Where?" Terry asked as she pointed to the flowers.

"Oh, when I got in this morning, there was a delivery man here waiting. I signed for them and had him put them on your desk," a delighted Darla answered.

"Thank you Darla, I'll call if I need anything else."

"Sure." Darla grinned as she left.

Terry sat and stared some more before she noticed the small card envelope. Taking it, her hand trembled slightly as she opened and read the card.

Lovely Flowers for a lovely lady.

I'd like to have dinner with you.

Call me please.

Jade.

Jade's phone number was scribbled at the bottom of the note. Terry felt her stomach flutter at the thought of the sexy and beautiful Jade. Then fear gripped her. She had gone through so much heartbreak in the past suffered so much rejection among other things, and now here was a woman she was really attracted to. She could even give her heart to Jade but her heart wasn't the problem.

Still it was only a dinner invitation, and she had liked Jade's company so much that it couldn't hurt to see her one more time. Just once, Terry promised herself as she picked up her phone and dialed Jade.

"Hello," came the energetic voice.

"Hello, Jade?" Terry asked tentatively.

"Yes, Terry?" Jade asked her breath catching. She had expected this call but for it to actually be happening was still very exciting to Jade.

"Yes. I, um, got your flowers. Thank you, they're very beautiful."

"I'm happy you liked them," Jade answered beaming.

"I do but I'm curious, why orchids, usually when someone sends flowers they send roses?" Terry said.

"Oh a little birdie told me that orchids are your favorites," Jade replied.

"A bird named Paula I bet," Terry remarked.

"Sorry, that's classified information," Jade said and Terry could hear the smile in Jade's voice.

"I see," Terry answered then asked, "Um, your card mentioned dinner?"

"Yes, I'd like to take you to dinner sometime, if that's okay with you?"

"Sure, I'd like that. When are you thinking?"

Jade stifled a squeal of delight and tried to make her voice as even as possible. She didn't want to rush this; Paula was clear about that. Slow and steady.

"Well, how about this Friday at maybe seven. We could go to a nice restaurant, nothing too fancy," Jade answered, her voice relatively normal.

"Okay, sounds good. I'll call on Thursday to confirm."

"Wonderful."

There was a brief moment of silence where neither seemed to know what to say next.

"Okay, until Thursday then," Terry finally offered.

"Yeah, Thursday," Jade said in just about a whisper as she felt those butterflies slowly turning loose in her again.

They hung up at the same time. While Terry sat back in her chair trying to calm her rapidly beating heart, Jade was dancing around her office like a crazed teenager.

Chapter 9

The week was slow to pass for both women. Jade tried to keep busy with work but the anticipation of the upcoming Friday kept distracting her.

Terry was no better off, feeling butterflies every time Jade crossed her mind.

Jade's real estate agent was sending pictures of possible house options but none were jumping out at her. She really needed her own place in case she and Terry became serious, at least that was a hope she harbored. That thought gripping her, she decided to expand her search to large apartments.

On Thursday afternoon, Terry did indeed call and they worked out pickup arrangements. Jade talked her into letting Jade drive and would pick her up at her home at six thirty.

By the time Friday evening arrived, both women were nervous with their excitement. Dressed in casual dress pants, nice top and low heels, Jade parked her car in front of Terry's modest little house.

When Terry opened her front door, a bouquet of irises greeted her. Terry was a vision in a dark green dress that fitted her tightly from mid stomach up with a delicate show of cleavage and flared out nicely just past her knees. Her lovely legs ended in a pair of flats that matched her dress.

"You look lovely," Jade told her causing a gentle blush to envelope Terry's face and upper chest.

"Thank you. Please come in while I place these in some water," Terry said smiling sweetly at Jade.

While Terry disappeared into the kitchen, Jade took in the tastefully decorated living room, "I like your style; very lovely," Jade complimented.

"Thanks but I can't take all the credit, I hired a professional to do the work."

"Oh, just this room or the whole house?" Jade enquired.

"The whole thing; would you like a tour?" Terry offered, "That is if we have enough time."

"I'd love a tour and yes we have some time."

Terry took her quickly throughout the house, showing off the kitchen, her office, the three bedrooms and the two baths. Every room was done in beautiful colors with elegant furniture that showed sophisticated tastes but not overly expensive. Jade was in love with it all by the time they left for the restaurant.

* * * *

They were seated at a secluded table at the back. The atmosphere screamed romance. They both faltered a couple of times trying to start a conversation before Jade took charge. Burying her nerves, she reached across the table and took Terry's hand.

"Hey, let's not put any labels or expectation on tonight okay. Let's just have a good time as friends and see where the evening takes us." Jade smiled with more confidence than she really felt but put on a brave face for Terry who seemed more nervous. Terry placed her free hand over Jade's and smiled.

"Sure," she agreed and visibly relaxed.

From then on the conversation flowed naturally. They discussed, themselves, their work, or rather, Jade's work; Terry didn't want to put Jade to sleep talking about numbers.

They spoke about which colleges they attended, their families and friends, but Jade had the feeling that Terry was holding something back; she didn't press the issue. She wanted things to go well so that they would have many more of these dinners, or maybe something else with them.

By the time dinner was over and Jade drove Terry home, the nerves had all but disappeared.

They returned however when Jade stopped in front of Terry's house. Jade really wanted to kiss Terry good night but felt some apprehension from her so she went the safe route opting to take Terry's hand for another kiss there.

"I had a wonderful time," Jade began with a warm smile.

"So did I."

"There's an opera performance by this small company tomorrow night. I've seen their work before and they're quite good. Would you like to go with me?"