High School Again? Ugh! Ch. 01

Story Info
A man is thrown back in time against his will.
12.7k words
4.76
221.3k
356
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
JoeDreamer
JoeDreamer
6,323 Followers

Author's note: I started writing this a long time ago and enjoyed the way it was going (At least in my head). I've held off posting this first chapter because I wanted to get more done, but I'm curious to see if people are really interested in this story line before I go too much further.

Please feel free to comment. I do read them. I also make an effort not to delete any comments that people make, as long as they're not offensive. In other words, I'm old enough to take constructive criticism and go with it :) . Of course, the kind words always make me want to write the next chapter more quickly.

This will develop into a long work and travel across at least a few categories. There will be a lot of story around the sex scenes (Typical for most of my stories), but I promise to have a least one sex scenes in every chapter I post (Otherwise, what's the point of posting it here? :) ).

Regards,

JD

**********

"That's your wish?" I asked in disbelief. Rodger nodded and I shook my head as the young lady who instigated the conversation watched silently.

"Come on! You can't tell me you've never wanted to go back to high school and relive senior year?" he argued.

"Rodger, I can think of at least a hundred things I'd wish for instead of something so ridiculous!" I replied.

"Like what? What could be better than being eighteen again?"

"Money, fame, fortune, the woman of my dreams..." I recited until Rodger interrupted.

"You could get most of that if you knew back in high school what you know now," he insisted as he reached for his drink.

"This conversation is pointless," I sighed, ordering another round for Rodger, our new friend and me.

"Are you trying to tell me you wouldn't like to be young again?" the blonde asked. "I thought that was every man's dream? Aren't you all afraid of dying?" I couldn't tell if she was serious or not. This lady was an odd one, but you met all kinds when you were away on a business trip and despite her oddity, she was quite a looker.

"There are things worse than dying, and going back to high school might just be one of them," I said soberly.

"It's not like you were a social outcast or anything back then," Rodger sighed. "Unlike some of us, you were fairly popular. I mean, you weren't the king or queen of the 'in crowd', but you ran with them."

"Please," I sighed. "I was barely on the perimeter of that group and that was partly by choice. Carl and Kristi, the actual king and queen, were decent enough, but do you remember the others?"

"Some of them were a bit much," Rodger agreed with a laugh. "It's always the wannabes that cause the headaches."

"You have no idea," I added, remembering.

"You aren't thinking about Brad and Tiffany again are you?" Rodger asked. I fought down a groan. Rodger was my boss, but we also happened to have grown up together. He knew me too well.

"Absolutely not," I replied, not fooling Rodger at all.

"Who are Brad and Tiffany?" the blonde asked. I frowned as I tried to remember her name. It should have been easy. It was something unusual, but it wouldn't come to me. I was usually pretty good with names, but then again, I was also usually sober.

"Tiffany is my ex-wife," I answered.

"Brad was a friend of both of ours back in high school," Rodger added.

"And?" the woman asked. Rodger shrugged, unwilling to answer. The blonde turned to me and waited expectantly. I hesitated and then sighed. It was a long time ago and it wasn't like it was a secret.

"Tiffany and I married after college," I explained. "We were together for a few years before I found her in bed with Brad."

"That's sad," the blonde said, sounding like she really meant it.

"No," I replied. "What's sad was that they were cheating on me since high school and I was oblivious."

"We all were," Rodger sighed.

"But that's old news," I said, wanting to move on. Rodger was kind enough to change the subject.

"You know," he said, trying to lighten the conversation. "If you went back, you'd get a chance to play that silly sport you love so much again."

"Is that a polite way of reminding me I was a dumb jock back then?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Dumb, no," he grinned. "But that doesn't make my point any less valid. You could still relive your glory days of football."

"What glory days?" I asked, finishing my drink and ordering another. "I had to fight just to make the starting team. I spent most of my senior year with one underclassman or another breathing down my neck. That is until I finally blew out my knee."

The three of us fell silent as the bartender arrived to refill my glass. Rodger's drink was still three quarters full, but the blonde held out her glass. She was pacing me. That was saying something considering how fast I was downing my drinks.

"So, what you're saying is that you have no desire to go back to high school?" Rodger said after the bartender was done.

"By George, I think he's got it!" I joked. Rodger laughed but the blonde shrugged and reached for her new drink. I never saw a woman down so much alcohol and seem so totally unfazed by it. I took a swallow from my own glass.

I didn't normally get drunk, but I had a reason to celebrate. This business trip had gone as well as could be expected. I spent the last three months working hard at getting a potential client to sign a contract with our company. I succeeded and Rodger came along this trip to sign the contract. We finalized the deal earlier today. The client was by far the largestt ever signed by Rodger's company. He'd already promised me a bonus and promotion.

"Thinking about how you're going to spend the bonus?" Rodger asked as if reading my mind.

"A vacation," I grinned.

"With or without Cindy and the kid?" he asked.

"Kid?" I laughed. "Becky is in college."

"You remarried after Tiffany?" the blond asked.

"No," I answered. "Cindy is my sister. She's divorced too. I used to take her and my niece Becky with me on vacation."

"Please!" Rodger snorted. "You did a bit more than that."

"Her ex is an ass," I shrugged. "He's never around. Someone needed to help out."

"So, are you going to take them?" Rodger asked again.

"No," I smiled. "Becky is a little old for that now and Cindy finally met a nice guy."

"Took her long enough," Rodger grinned.

"I'm just glad she's happy," I said.

"Good," Rodger said firmly. "Don't you think it's your turn now? Why not find a nice girl and settle down?"

"Me?" I asked defensively. "How about you?"

"If my marriage taught me nothing else, it's that I'm not the settling down type," he answered. "You are."

"No I'm not," I insisted and turned toward the blond to change the subject. I didn't like the turn in this conversation. "So, what was your name again?"

"Tyche," she replied, and then looking at me and added, "So, I know Rodger's wish. What about you? What would you wish for if you were granted a single wish?"

"Me?" I asked rhetorically. "I've never thought about. Well, actually, I have, but I could never limit it to just one wish."

"Don't be greedy," the blonde smiled. I laughed. She was pretty hot and when she smiled it was hard to stay focused on anything else other than her. It was too bad she was too young for me. Of course, that didn't stop me from enjoying the sight of her.

"How about happiness?" I offered. The young woman frowned.

"Too vague," she replied.

"World peace?"

"Please!" she said with a roll of her eyes. I laughed despite myself.

"Well then, I'm really not sure what to wish for. I can't narrow it down to just one thing," I said as the possibilities flowed through my mind.

"It's not that hard," Rodger sighed.

"Sure it is," I argued. "Let's say I wish to live forever. Tomorrow I could get in an accident and end up paralyzed. I wouldn't want to live eternity like that."

"You could wish for indestructibility?" he offered.

"That would be interesting, but would it really make me any happier?" I replied. "The same is true for omniscience. It would be great to know everything, but what would be the point of life after that?"

"And becoming all-powerful?" Rodger asked.

"I'm not really sure what that even means," I sighed. "Besides, doesn't the saying go something like, 'Absolute power corrupts absolutely'?"

"Okay, how about something simple like winning the lottery?"

"That would be nice, but would it be worth wasting my one and only wish on it?" I asked rhetorically. Okay, I have to admit that I was just having fun with them. Rodger looked at me and sighed.

"You think too much," he said.

"That's why you pay me the big bucks," I joked, as the lights in the bar brightened. I frowned and saw the bartender cup his hands over his mouth.

"Last call! Get it now or you're stuck paying those ridiculous prices from your room's wet bar!" he called. Laughter spread through the hotel's late night lounge.

We ordered one last round of drinks. Being drunk was an oddity for me, even considering the new client and promise of a promotion. I shrugged and admitted to myself that part of the reason for my inebriation was probably all the talk about high school. I couldn't believe that Rodger wanted to go back.

"Last chance," the blond said, interrupting my thoughts. "Tell me your wish?" I frowned at her and downed the rest of my drink. She refused to let the subject drop and suddenly that annoyed me to no end. I knew it was the alcohol that was causing my feelings, but that didn't stop me from reacting. I decided that cute or not, I'd had enough of this blonde for the night.

"What? Are you a fairy who's going to grant our wishes?" I asked sarcastically.

"A goddess," she replied, not smiling.

"A wish goddess?" I laughed. "There is no such thing!" She looked annoyed by my reaction.

"I never said I was the goddess of wishes," she replied, smiling again, only this time it wasn't particularly pleasant.

"What? Are you supposed to be Aphrodite?" I joked.

"Do I look like a slut to you?" the blonde asked. I was tempted to answer unkindly, but decided against it.

"Well, then who are you?" I asked with a roll of my eyes as I fought to come up with another name from my fogged mind. "Freya?"

"Wrong pantheon," she replied.

"So then, which goddess do we have the honor of meeting?" Rodger asked with a warm smile. His own divorce was only six months old, but Rodger was never that close with his wife. I wasn't really sure why he even married her. Rodger was obviously interested in the blonde despite the age difference. She smiled at him.

"You, I like," she said, pointedly ignoring me as she continued, "I've already told you my name. It's Tyche. Some people call me Fortuna."

"The goddess of luck?" Rodger asked. She smiled brightly and nodded once.

"So, what does the goddess of luck have to do with wishes? Or are you horning in on someone else's turf?" I asked, not even trying to hold my laughter back. I knew I was being a dick. I just didn't care. Some days were like that.

"Nothing, really," she shrugged. "I just thought to give a couple of mortals the luckiest day in their lives. What would be luckier then being granted a wish?"

"I have an idea," Rodger grinned. The blond knew what he meant.

"You're not that lucky!" she laughed.

"Too bad," Rodger sighed.

"Do this often?" I asked our little blond goddess.

"You would be surprised," she replied.

"Why?" I asked, curious.

"Boredom," she shrugged. I looked at her and shook my head. That was a mistake. The room blurred for a moment. It was time to go to bed.

"Rodger, I'm going to my room," I said before turning back to the blonde and adding, "Lady, you either have the weirdest imagination in the world or you need some help."

"You know, I thought you were a smart man," she replied. "But perhaps not."

"Why?" I asked as I stood. I had to catch myself on the bar's edge. Rodger looked at me in concern, but I shook my head once to clear it and smiled at him reassuringly.

"Well, in all the stories about the gods, it never pays to piss us off," she replied with a cold smile. There was something about it that cut through my alcohol-fogged mind.

"Hey look, I didn't mean to offend you," I said. It wasn't quite the truth, but suddenly I realized that she was actually serious. This lady really did need help, not someone to make fun of her. "I think maybe you should talk to someone."

"I've got a better idea," she said. Her smile didn't thaw at all. "I think I'll just follow through with my original plan."

"What plan?"

"I'm going to make this the luckiest day in both of your lives," she said, pulling Rodger back into the conversation with a look.

"How are you going to do that?" Rodger asked with his best sexy smile. His mind was in the gutter again. Rodger always was one for the ladies. It was one of the reasons why his marriage failed.

"Well, for you it means that you get your wish," she replied, her smile softening briefly. "The going back to high school one."

"And for me?" I asked. Her smile turned frosty once more.

"For you, it means that you get Rodger's wish as well."

"Hey! I told you I don't want to go back to high school. I would hate that! How would that make this the luckiest day of my life?"

"Oh, that's simple," she replied. "I'm the goddess of luck. For some, that luck is good, for others..." She didn't bother to finish the sentence.

"Touché!" I laughed.

"Mortals," she sighed, and then grabbed my arm with surprising strength and swung me around. Everything blurred and I was struck by an almost irresistible wave of nausea. Damn alcohol!

I stumbled and thought I was going to fall onto the floor, but instead somehow ended up in a chair. I knew I was drunk and that the blonde had caught me by surprise, but as my head continued to spin I was still amazed at how easily she tossed me. The pain in my head became momentarily intense. I let out a groan and closed my eyes, and suddenly the pain was gone.

The next thing I noticed was a voice. It was raspy and sounded tired. Worse, its monotone delivery could make even the most interesting subjects painfully boring. It was a voice from my past that I never expected to hear again. The man it belonged to died years ago.

"I know this is your last year here, but that doesn't mean you can slack off in my class," the voice droned on.

I shivered as I blinked hard and focused on who was speaking. I couldn't believe it. It really was Mr. Hargrove! He got voted most boring teacher all four years I was in high school, and boy did he deserve it!

I glanced around the room and saw people I hadn't seen in decades. I couldn't even remember most of their names. Rodger was across the room. Our eyes met. He looked just as stunned as me.

"She really was a goddess!" I moaned. Mister Hargrove frowned at my comment, but didn't stop his lecture. He was reading from a set of notes as usual. Some of the other students were looking at me oddly. I glanced down at my desk, but that didn't stop my mind from racing. I was really back in high school! Shit!

"I expect you'll all put forth you best effort," Mr. Hargrove continued. I numbly half listened.

I glanced over at Rodger again and saw that he was now smiling. He seemed to be accepting what happened better than me, but then again, why not? It was his wish after all.

All I felt was old as I glanced around the room. Everybody looked so damn young! Okay, young and bored. It was Mr. Hargrove's class after all. I noticed one girl giving me a sexy look. She was a cute little thing and the rush I felt surprised me.

'You're old enough to be her father!' I silently berated myself, but then it suddenly dawned on me that what I'd thought wasn't quite true. Rodger looked like I remembered him back in high school.

I shifted my eyes down at my hands and froze. They weren't my hands, or at least not the ones I'd seen in decades. The fingers were straight, the skin wasn't nearly as wrinkled and the veins not so pronounced. More important, they didn't hurt!

I closed my eyes and focused on what I was feeling. I smiled after only a few moments. The truth was that I felt amazing! It wasn't just the fact that the alcohol in my system had simply disappeared. It was more that all of the little aches and pains I learned to accept and live with were gone. No more arthritis! I looked out the window and saw the football field in the distance. No more need for glasses or contacts.

I ran my hand through my hair and grinned as I felt the thickness of a full head of hair! I never truly grew bald as I aged, but then again, like pretty much all men my hairline did recede some and my hair thinned. Not any longer! I was back in high school. Long hair was in for guys and I had plenty of it.

I looked down at my stomach next and couldn't suppress a grin. I was thin again! Not only that, but I could feel the muscles my body carried! I never had a six pack, but I played sports and was in shape back in the day. I didn't really appreciate it in high school, but I sure as hell did now!

I looked back at the cute girl who had smiled sexily at me. She saw me and smiled again. I smiled back as I felt myself begin to harden.

'You dirty old man!' I berated myself, even as another part of me tried to rationalize the perceived age difference. I felt like a pervert. I forced myself to look away. It was a good thing too because my eighteen year old body was reacting just like a remembered. I was once again at my sexual prime. I didn't want to have to hide my excitement with my books when the bell rang.

I focused on Mr. Hargrove's lecture. It wasn't easy, but on the plus side whatever excitement I began to feel quickly dissipated. If anything, the man was actually more boring than I remembered!

"It's the first day of school," Rodger said suddenly, obviously recognizing Mr. Hargrove's introduction lecture. It was pretty much the same for every class.

"Pardon me Mr. Jacobs?" Mr. Hargrove frowned. Rodger looked up and focused on him. Clearly my old friend had been thinking out loud, but he didn't back down from Hargrove.

"I said that it's the first day of school," Rodger repeated, then glanced my way and grinned. "Of our senior year no less."

"You're point?" Mr. Hargrove asked. Rodger hesitated a moment before answering. I saw the look in his eyes and slowly shook my head. Rodger was definitely in one of his moods.

"Just that there is no way I can take another full year of your lectures," he answered as he stood.

"Mister Jacobs!" Mr. Hargrove snapped. "Sit down!"

"Teach, you have got to be one of the most boring men I've ever met," Rodger sighed. "I sat through four years of history with you. I have no intention of sitting here another minute."

Mister Hargrove frowned in confusion. So did a lot of the kids in the room, but I understood. I was sorely tempted to join Rodger.

"Mister Jacobs!" Mister Hargrove nearly growled. "You will desist or go to the principal's office!" Rodger looked at me and winked.

"I think I'd rather visit good old Bob than sit here," he said, referring to the principal. Rodger looked at me and added, "Are you coming?" I hesitated. Before I could answer the class bell rang. I look at Rodger and grinned.

"I think I'll pass," I answered. He rolled his eyes.

"See you later," he said. I frowned.

"Any idea what my next class is?" I asked him as people flooded past us into the hallway. "Or where?"

"Sure," Rodger replied with a grin, and then turned and walked toward the principal's office without telling me.

"You can be such a..." I began, but then saw one of the hall monitors looking at me. So instead of calling Rodger what I was thinking, I quickly substituted a word. "...jerk!"

Rodger laughed, but then took pity on me and called back, "It's your favorite class!" It only took me a moment to figure it out. Rodger always joked about my love of sports. It had to be gym.

JoeDreamer
JoeDreamer
6,323 Followers