High School Again? Ugh! Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
JoeDreamer
JoeDreamer
6,295 Followers

"John, what's wrong?" my mother asked. I hadn't realized she was there.

"Nothing," I answered. "I just never realized how precious Cindy is." My mother frowned, but followed my gaze outside to my sister. Mom smiled slowly.

"She is that," she said.

"Are we eating today?" pop cried from the living room.

"I'll get Cindy," I said, opening the door and going outside.

"I'll put the porridge on the table for the angry bear," mom grinned and I laughed. I'd forgotten how we used call dad that when he got home from work. He was always much better after he ate and had a little time to relax.

"Time to eat," I said to my little sister.

"Good!" she cried. "I'm starving."

Cindy stopped, got off her bike instantly and dropped it to the ground. I shook my head, but didn't comment. Cindy was running by me when I stopped her by sweeping her up into my arms. She cried out in surprised, but then started laughing as I ticked her.

"John! Stop!" she cried. "I have to go to the bathroom!" I ticked her a little more before stopping and pulling her into a hug. Cindy hugged me back.

"Cindy, do me a favor and remember one thing?" I asked as I put her back on the ground.

"What?" she asked.

"Just that whatever happens, I'll always be there for you," I answered. "I'm your older brother and no matter what you can count on me."

"You're weird today," my thirteen-year-old sister frowned.

"You have no idea," I smiled. "But promise me that you'll remember?" My carefree little sister shrugged and smiled again.

"I promise John," she said.

"Good!" I grinned. "Now lets get inside before the food gets cold."

I didn't say much while we ate. I suddenly felt very old. My mind was all over the place. I dwelled for a little while on what happened at football practice. At the moment I couldn't imagine why I put up with it.

Cindy was telling a story about something that happened at school that drew my attention. I watched her and laughed along with my parents. I suddenly realized that the woman my little sister turned into was strong, intelligent and loving, but she didn't smile often enough. There was a sadness about the older version of Cindy that was missing from the thirteen-year-old in front of me.

I hadn't spent a lot of time since being tossed back to my youth thinking about fate or what kind of paradoxes my being here might cause. I remembered a lot of discussions with friends back in college about time travel. I'd also seen what the movies did with it. There were so many different theories that it was a bit boggling.

The truth was that I could care less about all the different theories. Theorizing was fun, but it wasn't living. I'd live my life and make the best out of it, just like everyone else. Maybe I had an advantage because of what I'd been through, but so what?

Going with that approach had worked for me up until Cindy. Mom and dad were older. The issues with them weren't necessarily easier, but there were less of them. I planned on getting pop to a heart doctor and make him to start exercising. I wasn't sure what I could do for mom. I knew the earlier you treated Alzheimer's the better off you were. I just couldn't figure out how to get mom to take the test, but I would.

Cindy was different. She had her whole life ahead of her. She was my sister and I wanted to help her in any way I could. I loved the woman she became in the future, but if I could do something to make her smile more, why shouldn't I? Of course, the repercussions could be frightening.

I mean, even if I knew for certain that her ex-husband was the reason for her sadness, would I stop her from meeting him? If I did, what happened to my niece Becky? I loved the girl like a daughter. I was more of a father to her than my sister's ex-husband by a long shot. Would I be willing to stop her conception for my sister's happiness? And what if I were wrong? What if without Becky my sister fell apart?

'Alright, enough of that!' I sighed and excused myself from the table. 'There's plenty of time to figure out what to do. Cindy is only thirteen.'

I took another shower in an effort to relax. It didn't help. I felt old and confused. I did fall asleep quickly enough because I was exhausted, but my dreams made for a long night. I woke up achy, but thankfully I was able to nap and study the defensive playbook I found on my desk. It was probably a good thing that coach Riley made me run at practice. He would have completely lost it if I tried to run the plays before I studied them.

I once again felt disconnected from the eighteen-year-old body I was wearing as my father gave me a ride to the game. I did not want to play football at that moment. Frankly, I didn't want to do anything other than crawl into bed and pull the covers over my head, but I went because going was obviously better than sitting home alone and thinking.

"I assume you'll be going to the after game party at Jimmy's as usual?" my father asked as he dropped me off.

"If it's okay," I replied. My father frowned.

"I should probably make you come home after that stunt you pulled with skipping school, but you can go. Just plan on doing a lot of chores tomorrow."

"Got it," I said.

"Good luck!" my father called as I walked into the locker room. It was like hitting a wall of tension.

'I'd forgotten,' I sighed. 'Game day. Ugh.'

Football was unlike any other sport in some ways. The amount of tension before a game was rough. Maybe it was just my high school team, but I remember the feeling well. I looked over and there was one of the offensive linemen slamming his forearm into a cement block wall over and over again. Players were taping their ankles, thumbs and God knew what else.

You could always tell the starters. They weren't doing anything different than the other players, but the guys who were going to play could be sitting in a freezing cold room in their underwear and they'd still be sweating. The tension was that thick. That was football, at least at my school, and I wasn't ready for it.

I did my best to stay out of coach Riley's way during warm-ups. It wasn't really that hard. The few times he notice me he frowned and looked away. He had a tough decision to make. Our team was small and didn't have a lot of depth. Quite a few of the players played both ways. The third string linebacker Danny was a nice guy, but he was terrible at football. Would the coach start me or not?

I can't say I was surprised when Danny started in my place, only relieved. That didn't last long. As I watched the game it was if I had double vision, or maybe it was like two different people were watching. One was eighteen and emotional as only a hormone driven teenager can be. He was growing angrier and angrier as the score slowly grew lopsided and the coach still refused to put him in. The other was older and watched the mistakes that were made. They weren't all Danny's, but enough were and the other players were starting to make some in an attempt to cover for him.

'Great,' I sighed. 'I'm crazy, or at least I will be if I don't stop thinking like there are two of me here. There's only one.'

Both teams looked young to me, but that didn't stop me from wanting to play. After all, wasn't I physically the same age as them? I frowned as I continued to watch the game.

The first time this game happened it had gone a lot differently. I couldn't remember the exact score, but I know we won. This time we were down twenty-three to three at half time.

As you would expect, coach Riley had some very choice words for us in the locker room. He started with, "You're all just pissing into the wind!" and it went downhill from there. I was wondering if he was going to spend the entire halftime yelling when he finally ran down. That's when the other coaches stepped in and talked about what we were going to do differently.

I noticed coach Bo talking to coach Riley off to one side. The head coach frowned at what he was saying, but eventually agreed with whatever the assistant was pushing for. Coach Bo looked at me and nodded. I grinned. I was going to get to play!

I noticed Tiffany looking at me when we went out to the field for the second half. I felt so good about going in that I actually winked at her. She smiled tentatively.

'That was a mistake,' I thought, but then forgot about it.

The other team got the ball first. I stepped onto the field and actually felt some butterflies. My first play in was a bit confusing. I was still seeing the players as kids. The other team started the play. I saw one of the linemen come at me, but I didn't react. He might have been a young, but this kid hit hard. Frankly, he knocked me on my ass.

'Well, enough of that,' I thought as the played ended with a first down for the other team. 'You can't relive glory days if you don't play. Get you head in the game!'

"Simmons, what the fuck was that?" Mike, the defensive captain and middle linebacker asked.

"Sorry," I shrugged. "At least that woke me up." He frowned, but let it go.

The next play came my way, but I was ready this time. It wasn't about being young or old. It was about playing. I stuffed the running back at the line. It felt good!

"That's better," Mike smiled at the next huddle. We stopped them the next play too. It was third and long.

"Let's try a blitz," I said when we got into the huddle. "We know they're passing and we need to rattle their quarterback."

"That's not the play the coach called," Mike frowned.

"So what?" I asked. He hesitated. "Look, I'll blitz, you guys just be ready to fill the void. If it goes wrong, blame me. Riley can only make me run so much."

"Hoping to get in shape for a marathon?" Mike grinned.

"Something like that," I replied. Mike nodded and called the play.

I didn't get to the quarterback, but I put pressure on him and he threw the ball right into Mike's hands. Sixty yards later the score was twenty-three to ten. After that, the defense settled in and our offense was finally able to get in the game. We scored in the middle of the fourth quarter. I actually got a sack or two as the game went on, but the other team's defense was stepped it up after our touchdown.

Our offense actually started moving the ball again toward the end of the game, but we fumbled with only a minute left. The defense ran onto the field. We had all three of our timeouts left, but there wasn't a lot of time.

"Hey Simmons, you feel like sacking the quarterback again?" Mike asked as we huddled up. "Worse case, we need them to go three and out here."

"Works for me," I grinned. "It's not like they're going to pass." I was tired and bruised, but it felt good. It had been a long time since I'd thrown myself fully into something purely physically. We still had a chance. All we needed was one touchdown to win, but first we needed to get the ball. I wanted another sack so bad that I could taste it.

I split the gap between two players and blew into their backfield. The quarterback tossed the ball to one of the backs before I could get to him. The fullback took a step to block me, but I spun around him and crushed the guy carrying the ball. They lost five yards. Mike called a time out and I stood up and roared. Yes, that's right. I roared. Sue me.

"Glory days!" I cried out, sure no one understood me, but not caring in the least. I understood. I was done being two people. I was eighteen and I wanted to enjoy it without an old man's intervention. I was on an adrenalin high and nothing was going to bring me down!

"Shut the fuck up!" one of the players on the team cried. I recognized him as the guy I blew by.

"Learn to block!" I laughed back at him. He took a step toward me, but his teammates pulled him back to the huddle.

"Again?" Mike grinned as we entered the huddle.

"It's your turn," I replied. "The fullback will be looking for me. Let's play with his head a little."

"Works," Mike said and called the play.

I showed blitz early and kept looking at the fullback. He only had eyes for me and I had a hard time not laughing. The ball was put into play and I fell back into coverage. Mike leveled the quarterback so hard that he didn't get up for a few minutes.

"Think he's had enough?" Mike laughed as we huddled up again.

"I'd like a chance at him," the other outside linebacker grinned.

"Only seems fair," I put in. Mike nodded.

I fully expected the other team to go for another run, but the quarterback felt the pressure as the other linebacker blitzed and did the one thing you never do in a situation like that. He threw the ball up. It was tipped by one of the other team's players and somehow I got under it. I caught the ball and started running for the touchdown. My team rallied around me, but I could see the fullback heading toward me at full speed. Mike was trying to catch up and get in front of me, but I was being chased by another guy so I couldn't slow down to let him.

I saw the fullback smile when he realized I had no escape. That was a big mistake. I'm not sure why or how, but there wasn't something in his smile that made him become the focal point of all my anger and confusion. Sure, I was enjoying the game, but inside I was a mass of conflicting feelings. The game was enjoyable because it let me forget everything for a time. Yet, that didn't mean I was okay. Hell, I knew that the truth was that I was on the brink and teetering.

Was I an eighteen year old going crazy? Was I an older man trapped in a dream of his youth? Was I really someone thrown back into my past? I didn't have the answer, but for that moment all I knew was that whatever the answer, the fullback was the one to blame.

"Mike!" I cried and turned.

He read my intentions. I could see it in his eyes. I flipped him the ball and he caught it easily. I turned back to the fullback and put every ounce of my strength into leveling him. I all but buried him into the turf. Mike flew by and got the winning touchdown.

"Now that's the way to block!" I crowed as I stood over the fullback. Only, I hadn't just blocked him. I'd hit him with everything I had and then some. It wasn't just about winning. It was about hurting. I frowned for a second, but before my mind could fully clear Mike and the rest of the team were on me.

"We won!" Mike cried as he ran up.

"We won!" I cried in reply, but there was something nagging in the back of my mind. I pushed it away and enjoyed the moment. "Glory days!"

**********

"Pass me another beer," I asked Mike. I was drunk. There was no doubt about it. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't falling down drunk, but I was definitely feeling no pain.

"Me too," Tiffany said from my lap. She also planted a kiss on me that took my breath away.

"Get a room!" Jimmy cried and the others laughed.

"Do you have one to spare?" I joked back.

"No, but I'm willing to share mine," Jimmy joked back.

"Perv!" Mike cried, throwing a can at him. Jimmy caught the beer, opened it and laughed as he drank.

The victory party was in full swing. The place was packed with football players, cheerleaders and half the student body. I noticed that even Tara and some of her burnout friends showed up for a while. Of course, she saw Tiffany sitting on my lap and disappeared without a word.

'Ah well,' I thought drunkenly. 'It would never have worked out anyway. I'm a football payer and Tiffany is a cheerleader. That's the way it's supposed to be. Football players don't date burnouts, or even former burnouts.'

"Come on, let's go," Tiffany whispered into my ear after a while.

"Where are we going?" I frowned.

"Someplace we can be alone," she replied with a sexy smile.

"Where is that?" I asked.

"My house," she said, losing her smile briefly. "If you hadn't been such a jerk yesterday in school I would have told you. My brother broke his arm up at college and my parents drove out to visit him. He's fine, but you know parents. They'll be back tomorrow."

"Cool," I grinned and took her hand as we made our way to her house. Thankfully, Tiffany only lived two blocks over from Jimmy. It wasn't long before we were alone in her bedroom.

"Come here mister MVP," Tiffany smiled sexily.

"I wasn't the MVP of the game," I replied. "Mike was."

"Please!" she said, rolling her eyes. "Coach Riley is a jerk! Even Mike thinks you deserved it."

"Mike had a great game," I said.

"Whatever," she smiled, reaching for me and pulling my varsity jacket off.

I looked at Tiffany and couldn't help but smile. She really was beautiful. She had long dark hair and was athletically built as you might expect from her being a cheerleader. I'd always loved the shape of her lips and how well she used them when we kissed. I stopped her frantic attempts at removing my clothes.

"Undress for me," I said, sitting at her desk chair and surprising her. I'm sure at eighteen everything I did sexually with Tiffany was pretty frantic because of our lack of experience and the fear of getting caught, but we had the house to ourselves tonight and despite not wanting to think about it, I had years of experience to work with.

"What?" she asked nervously.

"Take your clothes off," I said, and then smiled and added, "Slowly. You're a beautiful young woman. Let me enjoy the sight of you." Tiffany did as I requested. She was obviously nervous, but she smiled tentatively as she noticed my appreciative looks.

I hadn't seen an eighteen-year-old body in more years than I could remember and Tiffany's was perfect. Her breasts were high and firm and there was barely an ounce of fat on her. Her ass was just like the rest of her, tight and shapely.

"Very nice," I said, causing Tiffany to laugh nervously. My eyes were drawn to the dark, soft nest of hair between her legs. I smiled. I always preferred a woman with hair down below. I don't really know why. It's not like I liked women with mustaches or underarm hair.

"John, you've never looked at me this way before," Tiffany said.

"We've never taken our time before," I replied. "Does it bother you?"

"Yes," she said, with then smiled and added, "But in a good way."

"Tiffany, you know I love you, right?" I asked, and it was the truth. She was my first love. Nothing could change that.

"I love you too," she smiled. "We're meant to be together."

"Are we?" I found myself asking.

"What's that supposed to mean?" she asked, stiffening slightly.

"Just that I see the way Brad looks at you," I said. "You know he loves you, don't you?"

"No way!" Tiffany cried. "He's like a brother to me." At that moment I believed her. She truly thought of Brad as a brother.

'I wonder what happens that makes her see him differently?' I asked myself, but in the end it didn't matter. Right now she loved me, and more important, this Tiffany hadn't cheated on me. Not yet, maybe not ever. I was drunk enough for that to make a difference, or maybe I was sober enough? I couldn't figure out which made more sense, and for the moment I didn't care.

"Come here," I said and Tiffany moved toward me. I took her naked body into my lap and kissed her. She tried to rush the kiss, but I stopped her again. "Tiffany, we're going to take our time tonight. We're going to be open with each other and we're not going to rush anything."

"O-okay," she said nervously. "If we're going to be open with each other, what do you want?"

"You of course," I laughed softly and stood, carrying her to her bed where I placed her into it gently. Tiffany looked up at me excitedly. I smiled down at her. I was going to make this a night she would never forget. Me too.

We'd slept together before, more than once, but it was still early in the sexual aspects of our relationship. It wouldn't be until college that we actually grew comfortable enough to experiment with what we liked. I wasn't willing to wait that long again. Besides, I'd learned things after our marriage that I knew she'd enjoy.

JoeDreamer
JoeDreamer
6,295 Followers