Highland Magic Ch. 06

Story Info
Burned as a witch.
1.5k words
4.7
21.6k
3

Part 6 of the 34 part series

Updated 11/02/2022
Created 04/30/2006
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I held Tilda's arm as we walked from my chamber down the steps. She kept looking up at me, nervously, I think. I patted her arm, as I straightened my shoulders. As if on cue, she straightened her shoulders and walked the steps by my side like a queen.

I was careful not to look over to where I knew Cien would be. At the table in the same spot as the night before. The Laird's chair. As we took the last step, I forced my head up, and starred confidently ahead. Slapping a small smile on my face, I looked over to where Cien was. He looked exactly the same as he did the night before.

As we approached, I could tell he was staring at me. I blushed and he finally looked away, eyes twinkling. When he set his eyes on Tilda, his entire demeanor changed. "What in Saint George's bones happened to you, Tilda Fraser?!" He shouted. Tilda shrank back in disappointment. I felt my jaw drop open. How dare he yell at a child like that.

I stepped in front of Tilda without realizing it, and put my hands on my hips. "That is no way to talk to her, Cien Fraser. You appoligize to that child. All she did was take a bath and I cut her hair to a more respectable length." I took a step forward and began shaking my finger at him. "She's just a child and you have no right to yell at her like that. It was my idea, and if you need someone to yell at, you yell at me, Cien. I won't have you yelling at an innocent child!"

Cien stood, anger radiating off his body. He walked rigidly toward me, and I finally saw the error of my ways. This man is a warrior, and could knock me across the room with a look. Who was I to tell him not to yell at a servant? I forced my gaze up to his, as he stopped in front of me. She's only a child, I told myself. A baby. And he has no right to yell at her the way he has.

My resolve strengthened, I looked him in the eye, giving him my best death glare. He growled, and grabbed my arm. Pulling me close, he whispered in my ear, "Donna you ever talk to me like that in front of my men. I was not angry with her new appearance. Shocked by it, but not angered by it."

He pulled back, still holding my arm and looked at me. I felt myself blushing. "I..." I didn't know what to say as he watched me. "I am sorry. I thought you were going to yell at her and I couldn't have that since it was my idea." He gave a stiff nod, and continued to look at me.

His blue eyes were enchanting. Until that moment I hadn't realized how much taller he was than I. He stood at least six feet seven inches. As I was five foot seven, he was a good head and a half taller. I didn't take my eyes from his though. I watched them as they roved over my face and finally met mine and held.

I almost leaned in to kiss him, so powerful were the feeling rolling through me. He looked as if he were dealing with the same problems. I lifted my hand to touch his face when a loud ruckus erupted behind us, breaking the spell.

"Lord almighty, what happened to your sister, Cien?" The soldier shouted from the doorway. Behind him stood four more soldiers all staring at Tilda. I turned back to Cien and grabbed his hand.

"Tell her how lovely she looks. She needs to hear it from her brother, Cien." He looked at me as if I were some riddle he were trying to solve, before giving a small stiff nod.

He pulled away from my hand and walked toward the soldiers. As he passed Tilda, he paused briefly, and said something to her. I couldn't hear what he said, but it must have been wonderful as she began to glow with happiness. He turned and tilted his head in a shortened version of a bow. I curtsied as he left.

Once the hall was empty again, I turned to Tilda. "Oh, Lady Rose!" She cried out in happiness asshe began to twirl about the room. "Thank you so much. You don't know how very much this means to me, Lady Rose."

I smiled and sat down at the table. Bread baked freshly, apples and a jug of what I assumed was water sat on the table. I grabbed an apple and began to eat it merrily. Tilda left to show her new look off to the others and I was left alone.

And as always when I was alone lately, my mind wandered to Cien. His eyes were so clear. So pristine. Like if he tried, he could see right down into the depths of my soul. The thought made me shiver with heat. I held the long forgotten apple in my hand as I remembered him in the dream. He called me his Rose, and was the most tender lover....

"Lady Rose?" The voice shattered my fantasy, and I shot up from the table.

"Yes?" The soldier who had sat next to Cien the night before stood a few feet away, watching me as if I were a witch.

"I am Alex, Lady Rose." He said, and bowed, but kept his eyes on me.

"It is a pleasure to make your aquatint." I said, forcing a curtsey. I didn't want to, this guy was giving me the major creeps. The way he was watching me with those almost black eyes, was something to run away from. "Can I help you?" I said, and immediately thought better of it. I wasn't in my time anymore. It wasn't smart to antagonize they bad guys.

His eyes narrowed at my tone, and he sat on the bench next to me. "Aye, you can." He watched me carefully as I sat back down across from him. "You can start by telling me why your here." He glanced at the door to the main hall. "And what ye've done to my cousin to make him milk toast over you in only one day."

I blushed and looked down at my hands. "I told you why I came here, last night. I ran away from my father. He would beat me and abuse me in horrid ways, so I ran away." I looked back up at him. "As for your cousin being milk toast around me, I don't know why he is, but I can assure you, I had nothing to do with it. I think your cousin is..." My voice stopped. I couldn't think of the words I wanted to say without giving myself away. "...charming." I said quickly. "He is very charming, and I wouldn't want to change him for the world."

I stood quickly, placing the half eaten apple on the table. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I have things to see to."

I turned to walk away, but was wrenched around, his hand grabbing my arm hard enough to give a nasty bruise. I cried out in pain as he jerked me around. "Listen here, Witch," he said. "I know you've bewitched my cousin and I mean to see you burned for what you are." He pushed me back so hard I fell onto the stone floor. I cried out again, tears beginning to sting my eyes. "I'll see you burned a witch, that I promise you."

He stepped over me and walked out the door. I waited until I knew he was gone and pulled myself into a ball and began to cry. Harsh wracking sobs. Seconds later, Tilda was at my side, gently touching my shoulder.

"Oh, my Lady Rose," she whispered as she knelt beside me. "I know ye are not a witch, and I will be sure Cien does too. He listens to me," she promised as she handed me a woolen cloth to wipe my eyes and nose. "Such horrible things Alex said." She shook her tiny head. "I shall seek Cien out at once." I grabbed her arm before she could leave me.

"No, Tilda, please don't." She knelt back down beside me, and gave me a worried look. "Cien will know I am not a witch, and if he thinks I am, then no one will be able to change his mind. Will they?" Tilda looked away, before sighing.

"Ye are right. Cien listens to none but himself." I nodded. That was the impression I got.

"Please don't tell Cien. I don't want him to get in a dispute with his cousin of all people. I'm not your

family. Alex is. Not me." I didn't know why it hurt me so bad to say that I was her family. Or more importantly I guess, I was not Cien's family.

Tilda helped me up to my feet, and I winced as she touched my clothed arm. "Left a bruise did he?" Tilda shook her tiny head. "Stupid bloke."

I couldn't have agreed more.