Highland Magic Ch. 11

Story Info
A wager of sorts.
1.9k words
4.73
23.6k
7

Part 11 of the 34 part series

Updated 11/02/2022
Created 04/30/2006
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

A week later I was much better. Cien and Maggie both conspired against me and wouldn't let me leave the bedroom for three days. Finally I convinced Maggie it would be for my better health that I get some fresh air and walk around. She didn't seem to agree with me, but let me go.

I was greeted by Tilda as soon as I opened the door. She hugged me, and gushed on and on about how she had helped Maggie care for me and did I like her new dress. The gray color looked nice and complimented her hair. I assured her I did.

Maggie came to my assistance and told her to quit nagging me. I only smiled, and let Maggie take me down the stairs. It was harder than I imagined it would be. My legs were weak from non use, and my entire body was ready to give up. I almost did when Maggie told me where she was taking me. I shut up right then.

She led me out the doors to the bailey. There she turned and led me around the main building to the back. There was a small field looking area, but I saw quickly it wasn't used for farming. It was a training area.

Cien's soldiers were working hard at their training. Sword clanking, shouting, and grunting seemed to be all they could do. Maggie found a bench close to the building and we both sat down. It was so interesting to watch them grunt and work so hard. I knew they trained so hard so they could defend the keep against any intruders that may try to capture her.

It was then that I saw Cien. He was in the thick of the mock battle, swinging his sword and shouting a good deal himself. I don't know why I never pictured him as the fighting type, lack of scars perhaps, but he was the best of all the men. I watched as he trained harder than the rest of the men, and pushed them as hard as they could.

Finally after a long while, it was over, and I realized, I had never taken my eyes from Cien once I found him. As the men walked off in different directions, Cien finally saw Maggie and I as we sat there. Walking away from who ever was talking to him, he walked to our bench and stood before us.

"Lady Rose," he said in greeting.

"Laird Cien."

"What has you out this fine day?" At his mention of the day, I shivered. It was sunny and bright out, but the wind made it frigid.

"I needed some fresh air. Maggie was good enough to bring me out to get some. And to watch your mock battle. It was very interesting."

Cien smiled slightly, "Battle is no place for you to be watching."

"I can take care of myself."

"No woman can take care of herself in battle."

"This woman can."

"You could be violated easily enough, Lady Rose."

"Only if they got the best of me."

"Aye, and they would."

"Are you so sure?" I gave him a mischievous smile.

"Are you challenging me?"

I nodded. "When I am completely better, I will let you attack me and I promise you that I will win."

"And a wager?"

"I don't know." I thought for a second. "I have nothing to wager.

Cien grinned. "Mayhap you do." He shuffled his feet and looked at me again. " 'Twere I to win this wager, I shall have your hand in marriage." I felt my jaw drop, but I couldn't seem to bring it back up."

"And if the lassie wins, Cien? What will she win?" Maggie asked. Thank God Maggie was paying attention to the conversation.

Cien seemed to think for a minute before snapping his fingers. "If the Lady Rose wins," he paused and looked at me with a devil may care grin on his face. "then the lady shall have my hand in marriage."

Maggie laughed, and I just about fell off of the bench. "Is that your idea of a proposal?" I demanded.

Cien shrugged. "Let us see who shall win this. I will give you three days to be ready."

I stood up, which was a mistake after the fact as all my muscles started screaming. "Your on buddy!" I said.

I felt myself sway and tried to correct it myself. I ended up almost falling in the mud at my feet. Instead I was hoisted up onto some very tall man's arms. I looked up, disgruntled at Cien. "Your lucky I don't attack men on a regular basis." He laughed a deep laugh. It made him seem younger than he was.

"How old are you?" He looked slightly startled by my question, but was quick to answer.

"A score and one." A score... that was thirty... wasn't it? Yes, thirty one.

"How old are you, Lady?"

I gave a watery smile. "Too old by your standards." He tilted his head as if I hadn't given him an answer. I thought for a second. How did one say twenty seven back then? "Um..."

"She is but twenty and seven years, Cien. Think you that old?"

Cien looked startled for a moment, but smiled. "Nay, not so old." He looked at me a smiled. "Recover soon, for I shall enjoy your attack."

I shook my head. "I knew you would." He grinned and winked at me. Then bowed and left us there on the bench.

Oh, this was war.

~~~~~~~

Over the next few days I recovered completely. I was still slightly weak, but I forced myself to ignore it. I was going to win this little competition Cien had going if it was the last thing I did. By the third day I was fit as ever and ready to go.

I did some minor stretching in my chamber before I left to humiliate him. Tilda knocked lightly at the door before opening it. "They are ready for you, Lady Rose."

I turned to her and smiled. She really was blossoming. Her eyes sparkled, and she looked older than she really was. Her smile was always ready, and I'd seen her spending a lot of her time with one of Cien's soldiers. A younger soldier, but I still thought a trifle old for her. Maggie just shook her head when I brought my complaints to her.

"That is the way of this time, Rose. Men choose their women young. Sometimes too young."

Well I guess that summed it up, didn't it?

I moved gracefully out the door and down the steps. My guess was that Cien would be out side with an entire troop of soldiers ready to defend him. If that was the case, I was just going to have to inform him that the rules are me against him. Not me against his army.

"He is waiting in the hall," Tilda called out as I made a bee line for the door. I stopped and glanced to my left. Yep, there he was, but he only had a few soldiers there. One's I'd seen before, but couldn't name off hand.

"Trying to avoid your promise, Lady Rose?"

I laughed as I approached. "Nope, I assumed you would be outside." I walked into the hall radiating arrogance and confidence. Cien smiled. As I took the last step down into the slightly sunken down hall, I stepped on fresh rushes. Glancing down, I noticed that there were an extreme amount of them on the floor. Ah, I thought. Padding.

I walked up until I stood only a few feet away from him, and looked up. He was amused by my arrogance, I could tell. But it was all bravado. I knew he was a trained soldier and I really had no chance. He wouldn't hurt me, I knew that. And he knew I couldn't hurt him, no matter how hard I tried.

"Cien?"

"Aye?"

"Just know, this isn't personal. I am not doing this to really hurt you, okay? It is just a way for you to see, so don't think its personal."

"I see." He grinned.

"I need your dagger." He looked puzzled, thinking I was going to stab him or something. "I won't stab you with it."

That seemed to satisfy him, and he pulled it free of his boot. Handing it to me, I bend down and slashed my dress at the bottom of my thighs. Cutting it all the way around I let the excess fall to the ground and handed the dagger back.

"Do you think your dress is really appropriate for the men to see?" I glanced around.

"I think they've seen a lady's legs before, haven't you men?"

All of them nodded with a grunt.

I turned back to Cien and smiled. "Besides it would be awful hard to attack you with a long dress on." Cien shook his head, chuckling.

"All right woman let us start."

"Okay," I said, and braced my feet apart. "Advance on me."

He did. He grabbed the tops of my arms and held on tight. I slid my hands between his arms and twisted, pulling the tops of my arms free, and putting a big strain on his wrists. He rubbed one and looked at me in disbelief.

I dropped back into my stance, feet apart, one hand fisted above my heart the other fisted at my belly button. He advanced toward me again and as he reached for me, I struck out with my lower fist, hitting him in the wind pipe. He staggered backward, falling to the ground and gasping for air.

"Oh, God, Cien!" I yelled and ran to his side. His breathing was labored and a cough followed each breath he took. "Cien, are you alright?! I am so sorry! I didn't think to really hurt you!"

Cien leaned back in the rushes and closed his eyes. "To be bested by a woman," he mumbled between coughs. When he looked back up at me, it was with a mixture of admiration and curiosity.

"Where did you learn to do that?"

I smiled. I couldn't exactly tell him that I'd learned it at woman's safety seminars, now could I? I hoped my smile would be enough to satisfy him. It seemed to be, because he shook his head and leaned back in the rushes.

"Have I won then?"

He grinned up at me. "Aye you've won, saucy wench."

I laughed and stood. "What is my prize?"

He stood up and came close to me. "Your prize is me, Lady."

He took my arms in his hands and pulled me closer just before his lips settled on mine in a hard possessive kiss. It seemed to last forever, and then suddenly it was over. His lips had been warm and almost loving on mine. I opened my eyes to find him watching me with pleasure on his face.

"We wed on the morrow." He announced to the room without taking his eyes off of me. Soldiers cheered, and I could hear Tilda behind me. She must have been crying, because her voice sounded tear choked when she mumbled, "Oh thank God."

"Fetch a priest!" He thundered, making me laugh.

I had to admit, even to myself, this had been what I was hoping for.

*~*~*~ Thank you to all the people who have read and reviewed any and all of my stories. You are the reason I write. Thank you. This chapter is short, because what I wanted to start on next was ULTRA long, and I didn't want to make a chapter TOO long. :D Anyway, thank you all for your reviews and support. I can't thank you enough. And HIGHLAND MAGIC is not over!! Thanks again, all!!!*~*~*