Highland Magic Ch. 22

Story Info
Going undercover...
864 words
4.75
15.9k
3

Part 22 of the 34 part series

Updated 11/02/2022
Created 04/30/2006
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The keep was quiet for the better part of the day. I sat after Inna and Grace left, listening to the sounds of the keep. It was either that or slowly drive myself insane with escape plans that would never work. I voted for the latter.

There was a sudden commotion buzzing around the keep. It was louder and the energy level jumped up to a sudden level high above what it was only moments before. I stood and looked out the small window. I didn't see anything at first, but then I saw it. A small band of men, ten maybe, were making their way toward the castle. I tried to see who they were, but my eyes could only make out small figures. They approached slowly, almost as if they were tired.

Finally when they were only a few yards from the gate, I could make out their plaids. My heart stopped, and my breath caught in my throat. Frasers?

I moved away quickly from the window, and began to pace the room. Was Cien in the group? Had he come to save me or condemn me? I fidgeted, wringing my hands together. Unable to help myself, I went back to the small window and peered out, watching for Cien.

They were through the gate now and stood almost directly under my window. I watched them all carefully, looking for something familiar. That was when I saw him. He stood talking to on of the MacPhearsons'. My heart stopped in my chest.

He looked tired, from what I could see. It nearly radiated off his body. I hoped against hope and wished harder than I ever had in my life that I could only reach out and touch him. I put my hand up on the sill, wanting to reach out, but afraid to draw attention, less they come up and beat me again. I was still healing from the last one.

I guess I won't be singing anymore.

The MacPhearson nodded up to my window and Cien looked up. I felt a pain in my chest and fell away from the window before he could see me. It was there, burning and real. I gasped for air and fell against the wall.

The last time the soldiers had come in and beat me, they'd kicked me in the chest. Ever since then I'd had a pain that came and went in my chest. This time was the worst. I lay on the floor and gasp for air. It wasn't working.

My mind was working telling me to calm down, to relax and I would be able to breathe. But my body had other plans. I was hyperventilating, and I couldn't help it. The lack of oxygen was going to my head, as the entire world began to go grey at the edges. I fought to breathe, and finally blackness enveloped me.

~~~~

He'd seen movement in the window. He didn't know why he knew, but he knew she was alive. Saints be praised. He listened to Hamish MacPhearson tell him that she was alive, but he almost didn't believe him. He knew alive didn't mean unscathed. She'd probably been beaten to submission long ago. If she were even able to walk, it would have been a miracle unto itself. But when he saw the movement in the window, he'd known. She was alright. She wasn't dead or maimed.

She was alive.

A shallow breath escaped him and he hadn't realized he'd been holding. Looking at Hamish, he sighed. "I want to see the witch before her burning."

Hamish nodded his fat head. "Of course, Cien. We're so glad you've come to your senses. Alex was afraid that you'd never be freed of the witches spell." Cien nodded and followed Hamish into the keep. "There are two guards at her door." Hamish laughed and it sounded more like a snorting than any sort of laugh Cien had ever heard before. "They beat her regularly, of course. She won't admit to witch craft, so we try to beat it out of her."

Cien felt his fist clench and forced himself to relax. He was going to be of no help to Regan if he couldn't keep the ruse up. He nodded at Hamish and stopped at the base of the stairs. "I want to speak to her alone."

Hamish shook his head regretfully. "That isn't possible. You must understand why."

"I will see her alone, Hamish MacPhearson. Understood?" Cien let every ounce of anger and frustration out in his voice. Hamish swallowed quickly and nodded. "Aye Laird Fraser. Aye." s

He led Cien upstairs to where a door was guarded by two men. He dismissed to soldiers quickly and turned to Cien. "You understand that if you come out be spelled, we'll have to torture it out of you." Cien nodded. Hamish gave a low bow and turned away.

Turning to the door, Cien felt rooted to the spot. He had come so far and was now so close. Regan of the future, his one love and bride was behind that door. He took a deep breath and pushed the door open.