Hiking Buddy Pt. 01

Story Info
A mishap transforms a friendship.
9.2k words
4.58
53.5k
45

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 03/18/2012
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
RalphyNJ
RalphyNJ
140 Followers

Note to the reader: There is some sex but if you're looking for long, hot scenes, this story is not for you. It's primarily a romance.

PART ONE

Introduction

I first met Dan when we were assigned to the same project at work. I took an immediate liking to him, and the feeling seemed to be mutual. We were soon eating lunch together every day and chatting during breaks.

I enjoyed his company, and began inviting him to join me when I went to the movies, which I did often in those days. He never mentioned a girlfriend, so it didn't surprise me that he was always available.

I'm a few years older than Dan and several inches taller. I also have an advanced degree. I don't know which of those most influenced him, but as our friendship got closer he began coming to me for advice on a wide range of matters. It was soon apparent that he viewed me as a sort of older brother.

I liked that. It made me feel protective.

I started inviting him to join me not only at movies, but also in other leisure activities. It was not long before we were spending several evenings a week and at least a part of every weekend in some joint pursuit.

Chapter 1 – The Hike

So it was that on a warm, sunny autumn Saturday morning we were hiking together in a forest preserve. We had gotten an early start, and it was not yet 10 o'clock as we walked along several miles from the trail head. We were both captivated by the autumn colors, and were paying more attention to the leaves than to the trail under our feet.

I'm the more experienced hiker, and since I'm taller than Dan I also have a longer stride. I tried to hang back and match his slower pace but I tended to forget and wander a little way ahead, so when I heard his agonized yelp he was about twenty feet behind me.

I whirled around and saw him fall to the ground, clutching his foot.

I ran to him. He was moaning and rocking back and forth, holding the foot with both hands.

My first, horrified thought was that he had been bitten by a snake. I knew there were rattlers in the area, but if I had not been so panicked by concern for him I would have considered that even if we had startled a snake (unlikely - we had not been particularly quiet as we walked along), I would have been the one struck, because I had passed by before he did.

"What happened?" I asked, squatting down next to him.

Dan shakily replied that he didn't know.

"OK" I said, grasping his leg, "Let me see. Take your hands away."

He slowly withdrew his hands, still moaning.

I could see no puncture marks on his sock or on the sides of the hiking boot. I carefully drew the sock down as far as the boot would allow. The exposed skin was unbroken anywhere.

I looked closely at Dan's hiking boots. They were made of a tough leather; no snake anywhere in this region could have penetrated them, and indeed there were no punctures. Nonetheless,somethinghad happened.

"Looks OK so far" I told him. "Now I need to take your boot off. I'll go slowly."

I unlaced his boot, opened it wide, and very gingerly started to draw it off.

Dan yelled, and begged me to stop. I paused and said "Dan, I have to get the boot off so I can examine your foot". Then I resumed manipulating the boot, being as gentle as possible.

By the time I finished, he was crying. I felt terrible. "All done" I told him, and softly stroked his head. "The boot's off. I'm sorry it hurt so much."

I cautiously removed his sock and examined the foot. It was a relief to see that there was no blood, no break in the skin, and no sign of subdermal bleeding. However, by the time I finished my examination, his ankle had swelled perceptibly.

I slowly lowered his leg, stretching it out straight and resting it on my rolled-up jacket to keep the ankle off the ground.

His crying diminished into sobs, and he turned a questioning, tear-streaked face to me, looking so childlike that I sat down, put an arm around him, and pulled him against me. "It's ok, you haven't been bitten by a snake" I said quietly. "And your foot isn't badly injured."

I was afraid that he might find my intimate gesture upsetting, but he didn't object. In fact, his muscles slowly relaxed and his sobbing abated. Being held was soothing him.

I waited until he was calm. Then I took out my handkerchief. "Your face is all streaked" I told him, and wiped away the tears.

After I put the handkerchief away, he said "Thanks" and asked: "It wasn't a snake?"

"No, there are no puncture marks."

"So what happened, what's wrong with my foot?"

"You must have twisted it" I answered.

I looked around and spotted a hole in the ground. "I think I see the cause" I said. "Some animal has dug a hole smack in the middle of the trail. You probably stepped in it and twisted your ankle. Either you've sprained it badly or you broke it."

Dan turned pale at hearing "broke it", so I quickly went on to say "If you did break it, it's not a compound fracture. You'll need to have it checked out, but you're going to be alright."

"How do you know?" he whimpered, "You're not a medical doctor. And it hurts like hell."

"I know it does" I said. "And no, I'm not a doctor. But I'm interested in medicine and I volunteered at a hospital for two years while I was in college. I learned a lot there. I know you have a sprain or a fracture because your ankle is swelling up. And I know it's not a compound fracture because if it were, there would be signs of extensive bleeding under the skin, or worse."

"What do you mean worse?" he asked.

"If it were abadcompound fracture, a jagged piece of bone would be sticking out through the skin. Idefinitelydid not seethat."

I let the information sink in for a minute before adding: "This won't be much of a consolation, but if I hadn't taken the boot off when I did, it would have gotten more and more painful as the swelling got worse. It would have become intolerable, and by then pulling the boot off would have hurt a lot more than it did now."

That seemed to satisfy him, and for a few minutes he was quiet, but suddenly he asked "How am I going to get back to the car?"

"We'll need help" I answered, using "we" to remind him that he wasn't alone in this. "Let's see if there's a cell phone signal." I let go of him and fished my cell phone out of my pack.

I switched it on. The screen displayed "No Service".

I could carry Dan a short way, but I didn't evenconsidertrying to carry him back the several miles we had come, and there was no way he could limp that distance even if I held him up. I could go for help myself, but I didn't want to leave him there alone and scared, and anyway I was sure that help would eventually come to us: This was a Saturday, we were on a popular trail, and the weather was perfect. Other hikers would certainly be coming past here before long.

"No cell phone service" I informed him. "We'll have to wait until someone comes by, but it shouldn't be long."

As I was speaking, I noticed that the light was beginning to fade. I glanced up and saw the sun disappearing behind a heavy overcast that was moving in rapidly.

Within minutes, it started to drizzle.

The forecast had been for a fair and sunny day, but the drizzle quickly gave way to rain.

"I need to get you out of this" I said, and silently thanked our luck that the injury had happened right at this spot. I pointed to a nearby rock formation that created a large enclosure, and said: "We can take shelter there. You'll have to stand up so we can move quickly. I'll help you."

I slung both of our backpacks over my shoulder, got Dan up, and supported him as he began to hop toward the formation, wincing at every step. After a few hops he began to cry again and said "I can't! It hurts too much!"

I lowered him to the ground and took off the backpacks. Then I slipped one arm under Dan's shoulders, the other under his knees, and lifted him.

I carried him to the entrance of the enclosure, where I put him down. Looking in, I saw that there was a vertical back wall about five feet high, another bit of luck. I lowered Dan to a sitting position and helped him to slide back to the wall. It was slow work, and it was clearly a torment for him.

After making certain that he was sitting with his back firmly supported by the wall, I went out and got the packs. I put them on the ground near us and sat down next to Dan. The rain was falling heavily now, making it less likely that there would be someone coming by anytime soon.

At least the enclosure had a solid ceiling that kept the rain off us.

A few minutes after we had gotten settled, Dan announced: "I have to pee really bad, and I don't think I could manage to get outside and back. To hell with it, I'm just gonna pee my pants."

"There's no need to do that" I informed him. "Just turn away and aim over there." I pointed in a direction on the side opposite me.

I watched him undo his pants and turn partway onto his side. His arm moved, and from where I sat I was able to glimpse the first inch of his penis. My limited view showed me that like me, Dan is circumcised.

He released his stream and urine began to splash on the ground

When he finished, his arm moved again, his penis disappeared, and he turned forward.

Noticing that he had not reclosed his pants, I furtively glanced at the bulge that filled the front of his white briefs, and at the wet spot where the last drops of urine had dribbled out. I asked: "Did any of it get on you?"

"No" he said.

It seemed to me that he had said it uncertainly, so I pressed him further: "Did any run under you? I can help you move away. You shouldn't sit in the wet. We'll do it very slowly so it won't be too bad."

"It's ok" he answered. "There's a little bit near me, but nothing got underneath."

With the rain there had come a cool breeze, chilling us in our wet shirts. Dan began to shiver. I unbuttoned his shirt and told him to lean forward.

After removing his shirt, I took mine off as well and directed him to put his hands on the ground.

"Why?" he asked, afraid of what new torture I might be about to inflict.

"You're chilled. I need to move you so I can sit down behind you and help you get warm. First I'm going to shift you sideways, further away from the urine so I can spread my legs. Ready?"

Perceptibly frightened, he put his hands on the ground and said "OK".

I grasped him just above the waist and pulled him about two feet sideways. Then I said: "Now I'm going to move you out from the wall. I'll pull you by your legs, but I'll be careful not to touch the ankle. Here goes."

I grasped his lower legs and slowly pulled him a few feet from the wall. Then I sat down behind him, extending my own legs to either side of his body, and moved back until I made contact with the wall.

I reached over to my pack and took out two of the contingency items that I carry on hikes: a towel and a lightweight blanket. I dried his back and shoulders before drying my own upper body. Then I grasped him around the abdomen and pulled him back until I felt his buttocks make contact with my crotch.

Telling him to lean back, I reached around and dried his chest. After that I drew the blanket around us, noticing that when I had pulled him backward along the floor, it had forced his pants further down. Eitherhedidn't notice or he didn't care.

Dan's head was touching my shoulder. I could feel that his hair was wet. I used the towel, already damp from previous use, to dry it as best I could.

I was shocked by how cold he felt. I slid an arm around his chest, under the blanket. "Make as much contact as possible" I told him. "It will warm you up faster."

He seemed to welcome the close contact. I liked it too.

I had never seen Dan without a shirt, so the smoothness of his chest against the skin of my arm was a revelation. I had to resist the urge to run my hand over it. I could also feel that he was more muscular than he appeared when fully dressed.

As Dan lay against me, his shivering gradually stopped and his skin began to lose its coldness. Attempting a smile, he turned to me and said: "Thanks, I'm warm now. This feels good."

I smiled back at him and replied "Glad to help".

Although I was sitting behind Dan, his head was not turned fully forward, and his frequent grimaces were visible. Obviously, his ankle hurt very badly. It tore me up to see how much he was suffering.

I took my arm from around his chest and fished from my backpack two other things I take with me on hikes: analgesic gels for minor but uncomfortable injuries, and antihistamine capsules for my allergies, which are triggered big time when certain plants are in season.

The analgesic package specified two gels. I handed them to Dan, along with eight antihistamine capsules and my water bottle. "These will help" I told him.

Chapter 2 - Brief Comfort

I had given Dan four times the maximum dose specified on the antihistamine package, because I was not using it to combat any allergies he might have: The package warned that taking more than two capsules would "cause drowsiness", and it was this side effect that I wanted to make use of. In fact I wanted to produce more than drowsiness: My aim was to put Dan to sleep. I was confident that eight capsules would not be too much, because the amount of antihistamine in two of those capsules was just about half the dosage in a sleep aid that uses this particular drug, so I knew that even eight capsules would be well below the danger threshold for an adult male.

He took everything I gave him without even asking what it was.

Neither of us had eaten anything since a very early breakfast, so the medications worked quickly. It was not long before his anguished grimaces were gone, and shortly after that his eyelids began to droop.

"Here" I said, sliding my arm around him again, "Put your head down on me."

I didn't have to encourage him; he immediately rested his head against my shoulder.

As his eyes slowly closed, I stroked the back of his head and said softly: "It's going to be ok, Dan. You're going to be alright."

He smiled sleepily, and over the next few minutes his breathing gradually settled into a slow, even rhythm.

I looked down at him as he sat nestled against me. He was sleeping peacefully, looking as untroubled as an infant.

I was flooded with feelings of tenderness. I ran my hand lightly over his face. Then I put my other arm around him and sat like that for ... I don't know how long, from time to time resting my cheek on top of his head. His hair was silky and soft against my skin.

Holding him felt good, and I was happy to have eased his pain.

After a while I looked down at Dan again as he slept in my arms. Impulsively, I kissed him on the forehead. He breathed a soft sigh, but his eyes remained closed.

I took his chin in my hand, turned his face to the side, and kissed him on the cheek. Again a soft sigh.

I had a momentary urge to kiss his slightly open mouth, but the thought scared me.

His reactions had shown that although he seemed to be asleep, he had some awareness of physical sensations. I decided to give him some pleasure in the midst of his suffering.

I reached down and fondled him through his briefs. The response was a faint moan and a slight smile.

Encouraged, I cupped his testicles and gently rubbed the cushiony orbs through the cotton. Another, slightly louder moan, but no sign of waking.

I pulled the blanket off us and then slid my hand inside the front of the briefs. Finding his warm penis, which had begun to grow and harden, I stroked the shaft. Then I pulled the briefs down a little way and once more cupped those smooth, round balls. With no intervening fabric, I began to manipulate them. The moan this time was louder still.

My wrist was resting on his penis; I felt it enlarging rapidly toward full erection. I continued fondling, now using just four fingers so that I could run my thumb up and down his shaft. He continued moaning with obvious pleasure.

I wrapped my hand around his penis, which was now fully erect, and began to stroke it slowly as I gave him a lingering kiss on the mouth.

His breathing began to accelerate. After another minute he grunted, his penis began to twitch, and I saw the first spurt of semen shoot toward his bare chest, followed by several more spurts.

At that point I realized that my own penis had become erect.

I continued stroking him until his ejaculation ended. He gave a contented sigh, and was quiet again.

Throughout the whole episode, his eyes had remained closed. I was positive that although he had certainly been dimly aware of what was happening, he would not remember the incident.

I pulled up his briefs.

Out of curiosity, I ran a finger through one of the warm puddles that populated his chest and belly, and licked the finger. To my surprise, I liked it.

I used my handkerchief to wipe away the semen from his exposed skin.

As his erection subsided, the last of its contents formed a darkening area on the front of his briefs.

I pulled the blanket over us again.

The incident puzzled me. I refused to believe that what I did was out of any desire for intimate contact with a man; I had merely wanted to do something for Dan that would bring him pleasure.

The fact is, I had never been aware of a desire for intimate contact with anyone of either gender. I had nocturnal emissions, but I know that they're a normal, fully autonomic response to a buildup of semen in the testicles. If there were any 'wet dreams' I did not remember them. I had morning erections, which I learned are also a normal autonomic phenomenon. In short, I considered myself to be pretty much asexual. Yet now I had developed an erection in response to fondling and kissing him. Worse yet,

I had tasted Dan's semen, and liked it.

I was confused, but I quickly put the disturbing thoughts aside, telling myself that I needed to concentrate on our emergency situation.

Chapter 3 – Arrival and Rescue

I continued to sit holding Dan, gazing down at his tranquil face and listening to his breathing, which had settled again into the rhythm of deep sleep.

From time to time I glanced outside, and soon I saw that the rain was slowing. Within half an hour it had stopped, and shortly after that I heard the voices of approaching hikers.

I called out to them as they were passing the enclosure. My shouting woke Dan, who slowly lifted his head and looked at me groggily.

Three hikers bent down and stared in at us. I explained our situation, and two of them went back down the trail to summon help, leaving one behind to show the rescue team where we were.

Dan was barely awake, and seemed not to have made sense of the conversation. "Those were hikers" I told him. "They've gone to get help. Put your head back down on me and close your eyes. I'll let you know when they get here."

He smiled up at me drowsily, snuggled closer, put his head against my shoulder, and as he closed his eyes I heard him mumble something that sounded like: "Thiz nice".

"For me too" I whispered, but I doubt that he heard, because it appeared that he was already asleep again.

The Emergency Medical Technicians had not yet arrived when Dan woke up an hour later. He didn't remember his brief period of earlier wakefulness, so I repeated that some hikers had shown up and had gone for help. "How's the pain?" I asked.

"Not too bad" he replied. "How long did I sleep?"

"A few hours."

"I guess the stuff you gave me really worked. What was it?" His voice timbre and the slight slurring of his speech showed that the antihistamine was still having a significant effect.

"I gave you Ibuprofen for the pain and an antihistamine to make you sleep."

RalphyNJ
RalphyNJ
140 Followers