His Kitten Again 07

Story Info
The End
1.8k words
4.44
11.8k
6

Part 7 of the 7 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 06/09/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I am so sorry for the massive delay in getting this chapter to you guys! Things have been so incredibly hectic around here, and I've had literally no down time. I'm sneaking in writing as it is. So, sorry about that. This last chapter will be a lot shorter than the others, but I hope with all my heart, even though some things might not be the way you imagined them, that you still enjoy the final chapter of His Kitten Again.

~shysubmissivegirl~

Chapter Seven

~John~

It was hard to fume on a day that was supposed to be happy. At the same time, it was hard to smile on a day that was filled with so many discouraging reminders. I stood next to Alex, both of us decked out in our finest, and watched as Emma lithely made her way down the aisle.

She was a knockout, that was for sure. Her face glowed, and I'm sure Alex was just as pleased. For me, it was hard to manage even a half-smile. I'd known this day was coming for quite some time, I just hadn't expected it to be quite this difficult.

When you love two people as much as I loved Alex and Emma, the happiest day of their lives should at least be happy for you. But it only served as a constant reminder that I was still alone. All of my efforts into finding my one true love had been entirely fruitless. All of my adventures and flings with women hadn't managed to do the one thing I truly craved—give me someone to come home to at night.

Emma finished sashaying her way up the aisle, and I could already see the tears forming in his eyes. I forced myself to set aside my selfishness and focus on the ceremony. It was the least I could do for these two.

The preacher started speaking, the words rousing the feeling of loneliness inside of me again. He spoke of commitment and love, and finding one's true partner in life. I wanted all of that, and yet, I had none of it. The feeling weighed on me even as I tried to be happy.

Tears were streaming down Emma's face, and I watched as Alex reached out and gently wiped them away with his thumb. My heart lurched, and I longed to find a woman I could do that for. She smiled shakily at his as the preacher announced that they had written their own vows for each other.

"My dear Emma. It's hard to even express how much love I have for you. If anyone had asked me the day after you left, I never would have thought that I'd find myself here, the luckiest man alive. But, as fate would have it, you came back to me. Thing haven't been easy, I'll admit. But if it had been easy, then I wouldn't know how much I love you. I can say with complete surety that I will be there for you, even when it seems as though all hell has broken lose and is waiting to consume us. Because we've been through hell already, and we're still here, and I still love you.

"Yes it's been hard. Yes, it will still be hard. But I know that no matter what we face, we'll get through it together. There's no one else that I'd rather go through life with. No one else that touches my heart like you do. You make me feel alive, Emma. You make my heart soar like it never has before. And I will always cherish you. I promise you that." To everyone else in the chapel, it must have sounded like he'd stopped there. Only Emma and I could have heard the whispered, almost silent, "kitten" he slipped in at the very end.

Tears were coursing down Emma's face, and she had to take several deep breaths in order to calm herself enough to continue. "Alex, I don't even know what to say. You sure are hard to follow. I had a lovely speech all ready, and once you started talking, it all flew out of my mind. You have a way of doing that to me. Of making me forget everything, of making all my fuss for perfection go away, because with you, it doesn't matter if I'm perfect. I know that I'm perfectly in love with you, and that's all I need.

"You're right. We have been through hell. But together, we can always make it through. I love you with everything I am, and I'm so glad that fate gave me the nudge I needed to come back to you. You're my everything. My days are brighter and my life is fuller because of you. Everything that I have is yours, and I wouldn't want it any other way." Cheeky little thing that she is, she mouthed "sir" to finish it off, copying his addition of "kitten."

I shed a few tears with my friends as their vows to each other ended. I finally pushed my jealousy away in order to celebrate with everyone else. When Alex and Emma kissed, I cheered with everyone else present as the small ceremony. I blushed when Alex deepened it more than was probably appropriate for company. And I grinned when he came up for air, and immediately turned to hug me.

My two best friends, married and happy.

Damn I wanted that.

We took some cheesy pictures and posed in front of a backdrop in order to remember the day. I tried my best to smile pretty for the camera, but the whole time I worried about the possibility of having something stuck in my teeth and ruining all of the photos.

After that, we headed to the reception space. Alex had pulled out all the stops, insisting in the highest-end area he could find. He'd settled on one of the tallest buildings in the city. The entire top floor was open space, with large, dominating windows that looked out on the skyline. In the darkening light, it was impossibly romantic.

When everyone had arrived, the processions began. Food was served, and was delicious. Emma and Alex had magnificent taste, and had chosen the most incredible array of food I'd ever seen. There was something for everyone.

After dinner, most of the tables were pushed back some to create some space for dancing. Emma and Alex kicked everything off by sharing their first dance, and I couldn't help but catcall at the very end of it. By the looks on both of their faces, I knew they didn't mind too terribly.

Once their first dance ended, the festivities began. The dance floor was flooded, and I tried not to look too desperate in my search for a single girl to dance with. A few girls came up to me, and I asked several of them to dance, but my heart wasn't really in it. They were all tipsy, if not beyond that, and I knew that they were all nothing more than the one-night-stands that no longer seemed to satisfy me.

Still, I danced, and tried my best to have a good time. I knew Alex and Emma were constantly looking at me, trying to ensure that I wasn't miserable the whole night. I did my best to not ruin their day, but dancing with drunk girls who wanted a fling in bed didn't boost my morale too much.

Alex and Emma finally decided to head out for the night, which meant that the party quickly settled down. We cheered for them as they ran out to their getaway car, which would take them to the fanciest hotel downtown. Emma still didn't know about that, but Alex had confessed the location of the honeymoon to me while he was getting ready.

I was happy for them, but as I looked down at the drunk girl clinging to my arm, my heart was breaking.

God, why couldn't I have that?

Why?

They pulled away, and I shook the cheap girl off of me. I wanted nothing to do with her, and it didn't faze me when she pouted and cried. I simply walked away, feeling empty inside.

Alex and Emma were brilliant together. They were incredibly happy, and from the sly comments Alex made, things in the bedroom were working out more than fine. He sure didn't have a single complaint. She loved him and he loved her. It was all perfect and great and amazing and... exactly what I wanted.

I knew in my mind that there was a girl out there for me. A girl that I just had to be patient in order to find. Maybe she was shy, or maybe she was unsure of what she wanted right now. Either way, I knew she had to at least exist. My problem was finding her.

Well, that and I wasn't in the mood to be patient. It could very well be that she'd just had a messy breakup and wasn't ready to be involved with someone quite yet. But I didn't want to be logical right now and think about it that way. I wanted my girl to be here, with me, right now.

With a sigh, I shoved the thoughts clear from my mind. Dwelling on them did me no good, and I knew it. I just needed to be patient, even though it was hard. It would all work out if I could just do that. I'd end up with a girl who suited me as much as Emma suited Alex.

They were perfect together, in every sense of the word. Two puzzle pieces that not only fit together, but completed the puzzle in the best way possible. Their connection was impossible to describe in words.

There was really only one way to put it.

He was hers, and she was his kitten again.

~The End~

Hey everyone, so I hoped you were okay with the ending to HKA. I'll admit, I didn't want to end it this way. But it was either this, or make you wait a month at least for the ending. I thought this was better.

Never fear, Alex and Emma will be brought up in my next series, featuring John. There's still a lot that's unresolved, and I assure you, it will be addressed. I only hope it'll be in a way that you enjoy. I also promise that the next series will be a bit spicier in the sex area ;)

I hope you'll take the time to read through it, and leave some more of your encouraging and uplifting comments. Even the ones with criticism are amazing, and they all make me smile.

This next series is still about a month, maybe two away. I'll be out of town for about the next month, so that's why this chapter is how it is, as well as the long delay being as long as it is.

Thanks again for going on this journey with me, and I hope you'll tune back in for my next series!

~shysubmissivegirl~