Holly's Grand Tour

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You must rest now," Mashla told her. "There will be a feast tonight and you will attend."

"Feast? But, Mashla, who's house is this?"

"This is the home of the Sheik Kareim al Barbrani. He owns much of the land we crossed as well as this house and others."

Holly stared at Mashla. "Sheik?"

Mashla nodded then rose and walked from the room. At the door she turned and said, "I will call for you in two hours." Then she was gone.

Holly could not rest. Too many things had happened in the past few days: Ship wreck, capture and enslavement torture and... Holly's mind did not even want to imagine the horrors that occurred with the men the night before last. That was something best forgotten forever. But how could she? She was a ruined woman now. Not any fault of hers but still ruined.

These and other thoughts filled her mind until she was interrupted by Mashla returning to fetch her. Together the two women walked together down the stair, across the entrance room and out the back into another beautiful garden. Here there were low tables set up in the middle of the garden under a canopy on an immaculately groomed lawn. Everywhere there were flowers and brightly dressed servants carrying trays of food and drink. Most of the guests were dressed in the usual white robes but one man was dressed in a gray tweed wool suit. "How very odd," Holly thought.

Casually Holly moved around among the guests always keeping the gray suit in sight out of the corner of her eye. As she moved around through the crowd randomly the man seemed to be doing the same. It took nearly an hour before Holly "bumped" into the man.

"I'm so sorry," Holly exclaimed looking as embarrassed as possible.

"No harm done. By the way, Palmer. Fredrick Palmer," the man said extending his hand. Holly took his hand. "And what brings you here this afternoon, my dear?" Holly noticed that Mr. Palmer was looking at her smiling and holding her hand just a bit too long to be entirely polite.

Holly was not quite sure how to answer the question. After a moment she responded, "I'm a guest of the Sheik."

"Oh, then you must be Miss Lancaster. May I call you Holly? So glad to meet you."

"How did you know?" Holly was confused.

"Why, didn't you know? We've been waiting for you for several days. One of the Sheik's men came to my office at the embassy five days ago to tell me you'd been found wandering in the desert."

"The told you..." Holly could not believe her ears.

"Why yes. I'll be around to collect you in the morning. You have passage back to Liverpool on the afternoon tide. I will be accompanying you on the voyage home. You didn't know?" Now it was Fredrick's turn to be surprised.

"Oh, I see a friend from the Egyptian delegation. I really must talk to him. So good to meet you, Miss Lancaster. Don't forget tomorrow morning 10 O'clock sharp," he said over his shoulder as he hurried away.

Holly stood stunned. Home. She was going back to England. But her entire plan to see the world was shattered. But was it really? Look what he had done, what she had endured. Had I actually done the tourist "Grand Tour" would I have even come close?

Later, sitting alone in the garden after the guests had left. Mashla came and sat down next to her.

"So, I hear you know you will be leaving," she said flatly.

"Yes. But why didn't anyone tell me?"

"And did you need to know?" Mashla said softly looking down at her feet.

"Well yes. Of course. But..."

"But would you have survived? This is not England. This is a hard land. We have our own laws here and our own ways."

Then looking up into Holly's face, tears ran down Mashla's cheeks. "I will miss you. I will not see you tomorrow before you leave. Kareim has forbidden it. And I will never see you again." Mashla leaned over and kissed Holly softly on the mouth. Her lips lingered a moment then abruptly got up and walked quickly into the house.

***************

Standing on the pier Holly looked out across the Atlantic. It seemed so wide, yet not so wide as before. Fredrick had come around to fetch her as he had promised exactly on time. The they gone by open carriage to the embassy for a few formalities. Afterwards, a fine lunch at the Morocco Hotel. The tide was already turning and time to board the packet ship.

Silently Holly said good bye. Goody bye to an adolescent dream. But more importantly good bye to a friend who guided her through an important, though short, time in her life.

Confidently, Miss Holly Lancaster took Mr. Fredrick Palmers arm and said, "Mr. Palmer, shall we?"