Honor Thy Mother & Thy Father Ch. 11

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The Attorney General thanked the Doctor, as Sharon sank into the chair and cried, with the girls at her side. "When can we see him?"

The doctor replied, "At the absolute earliest, tomorrow afternoon, 2 PM in the intensive care unit. He will not be responsive, but I will leave instructions for two people to be allowed in. No more than two at one time."

"There will be guards on him 24 hours a day Doctor. No one gets near him, without proper ID."

"Sir, we work that way every day of the week."

The Attorney General turned to the Director of the FBI and said, "Michael, I want a report on my desk about this fiasco by noon tomorrow. I want names of everyone that was downstairs in the computer room. I want the name of the supervisor who made the decision not to have the guards upstairs make the arrest. I want you to put him on suspension immediately. If he is not, I am going to the president, and ask him to your resignation."

"Clark, I am as upset about this as you are. Heads are going to roll, and I am the one that is going to cut them off. They did not follow procedure. They had people 50 feet away that could have done this job and avoided this tragedy. They will pay, and they will pay dearly."

"On my desk by noon tomorrow Michael; you know how angry I am. If anything happens to that boy, only God will be able to control my wrath."

He turned to his niece and said, "Sharon, you and the girls are going to be spending more time at my place. If you need more clothing for the girls and yourself, my wife or my staff will take you shopping. They are all on me. I do not want you to be alone at a time like this. I will not take no for an answer, so don't even try it. That boy saved my life, and there is nothing I can do to repay him."

A member of his protection detail handed him a secure cell phone and said, "Sir, it is the President."

"Atwater here Mister President, how can I help you."

"No Clark, I am calling to find out how I can help you. Are you sure this was not an attempt on your life?"

"Absolutely Sir; if you had not asked for that 'Finding' today, I would not have been in the office. Those men were this looking to destroy a specific file. They did not know it was a decoy. We had taken the original out of my office months ago, and put it in the care of the FBI."

"How is your assistant doing? I understand he took very brave action, and got between you, his family, and the gunmen, as they came out of your office."

"The doctors do not know. He is very critical condition and the next 72 hours will tell us if he will make it or not. If you need me Sir, my office will be in this hospital."

"I received your 'Finding,' and that is all I needed. I am sorry this happened. If there is anything this office can do for you, it will be done."

"Thank you Mister President, I appreciate your kind words and your support."

Clark Atwater looked at Sharon and the girls, "The President has offered any support his office could give us; and believe me when I say it is unlimited support. We are all going home now. There is nothing else we can do for Fred here tonight. He is getting the best of care, and we cannot see him until tomorrow afternoon. We have to eat and get some sleep. If necessary, I will have a Doctor administer a sedative to each of us so we can sleep. I promise I will keep you all informed if there is any change. 'Gentleman,' please escort a young woman to my car. Sharon you come with me."

The teenagers looked like he had aged 20 years in the last 13 hours. Their eyes were dim, and their skin had lost its luster. The agents nearly carried them to the limousine. When they arrived at Clark's mansion, the staff had to assist them to their rooms, remove their clothing, and put them into their beds. They were little more than zombies. The girls may have looked like they were asleep, but their minds replayed the horror show they had witnessed over and over again. Cindy crawled into bed with Sandy, and held her tight. Debbie did the same with Danni. They hugged each other and cried themselves to sleep.

Although Sharon required a sleeping pill, she was up early the next morning, and went to check on her babies. She did not find it at all strange that they had paired up during the night, like they had in her womb. They were her treasures, and they would survive this devastation, one way, or the other. She was not so sure she would. She found a man, who loved her from the second he saw her. He loved her unconditionally. What would she do without him?"

39. Found Money/Lost Love

Sergeant and Cassandra went to see Susan, while Patricia and Stephano continued down the hall, to the intensive care unit, to check on Alan.

Room 426 was filled with flowers, and congratulatory notes from Susan's friends. Susan was sitting in a chair, waiting to take her first walk, when she saw Sergeant walk into the room she said, "You better watch out you son of a bitch, I am almost ambulatory. When I am able to get to my rifle, you had better be in the Grand Canyon, otherwise you are in trouble."

Cassandra replied, "Sarge, I think that is a hint for us to go on her honeymoon, sooner rather than later."

"I knew one of you had a working brain."

"How are you feeling Susan that is all I want to know?"

"I miss my husband you asshole. How do you think I feel? I can't hold my baby, and I haven't seen my husband, because you broke his head. I hope a donkey kicks you in the ass and sends you flying into a boulder. It may knock some sense into you."

Cassandra laughed at her husband. "You see Sarge; your cousin does love you. She doesn't want you to die; she wants you to wise up."

Sergeant replied, "You're right Cassie, but if she had a gun, she would wise me up with bullet holes in my ass."

"You still haven't kissed me hello, you wimp."

"It is a defensive reaction cousin. I want to make it to my first weeks wedding anniversary."

"Cassandra, I swear if I had not seen them, when we were youngsters, I would swear he had no balls."

"He has them where it counts, Susan, but between his ears, they get lost in the paperwork."

Sergeant said, "I should never have gotten out of the Marines. If a woman was going to bust my chops, she would have had bars, or leafs' on her shoulders. It would not be my cousin or my wife."

Cassandra elbowed him in his ribs. "If you are going to say something nasty about women, your wife comes first, and your cousin comes second. Do you understand Sergeant?"

"Yes ma'am, I understand perfectly. I'm going to go check on Alan. Then I'm going to have my ribs x-rayed to see if any of them are broken." He kissed Susan and then Cassandra, before he left the room.

As soon as he was in the hallway, he could hear laughter in his cousin's room. He could not help but smile also. Now if he could only get Alan back to health, everyone would begin to laugh.

Patricia and Stephano were standing at the end of Alan's bed, listening to the machines beeping and looking at him. He had an IV in one arm; his head was bandaged, but otherwise he looked like he was sleeping peacefully. Sergeant asked if they had spoken with a nurse about his condition, but Stephano said no one had been to speak to them yet.

Suddenly, Callaway burst through the door and said in a very loud voice, "Patricia what did you do?"

Stephano said into her ear, "Take it away kid, I'm leaving."

She responded, "Chicken Shit!"

"What happened nurse; what could possibly be wrong?"

"Look at this; it was just verified, in writing, from my bank."

Patricia read the email and said, "Congratulations nurse, now you can get married anytime you want."

"Don't you give me that shit, Patricia. Look at it."

"Callaway, you should not go around showing everyone your bank account figures. I could be one of those people who can remember numbers and withdraw money from your account anytime I want."

"I had less than $1000 in my checking account yesterday, Patricia. A friend of mine in the bank calls me this morning and tells me it's not safe to keep that much money in one account because it's only insured up to $500,000. I laughed at her and said when my account reaches $500,000, she can fuck me. She told me I had $3 million in my savings and checking accounts. I peed in my pants because I could not stop laughing. I told her to stop playing tricks on me and asked her what this was all about. She asked me if I won the lottery or anything. I realized she was not joking, and asked if there was any mistake. She assured me that the bank had checked and rechecked that the deposits were correct before they were issued to my accounts. The money is there for me to use any time I want. I got to work this morning and my brother-in-law kissed me. He showed me the check that was delivered to him this morning for $18,000.00. The note said it was payment in full for my student loans, and anything extra was for him to send his wife to cooking school. So I want to know right now what you did."

Alan said softly, "Callaway would you shut the fuck up. A man is trying to get some sleep here."

"Die please, Alan. I have finally found another person to argue with. She is more intelligent then you are, definitely better looking and nearly as much fun to yell at."

"It's funny Callaway; the only voice I heard was yours. Are you arguing with yourself over your newfound wealth? If so, write a check to my newborn son, and give it to Susan. She will take care of it for him, until he is big enough to fuck you in the ass."

"The nurses in the prenatal section tell me that may not be too far off, Alan. When he was born he weighed 2 pounds. His nurse swore that 4 ounces of it was between his thighs."

"What did you expect from my son; a pig in a blanket, or an all-day sucker?"

Callaway growled, "Alan, go back to sleep. I don't want to have to hit you again."

"It's funny Callaway; it didn't feel like you that hit me. It felt like this big jerk to my left. Did my face break his hand?

Sergeant replied, "I had to put a little powder on my knuckles, because you didn't shave, but otherwise my hand was fine."

"I'm sorry Sergeant; I'll be more considerate the next time."

"How do you feel Alan?"

"Has anyone pressed charges against the truck that hit me?"

"No, but if you want to press charges, I know where he lives."

"Oh no, not at all, I want a rematch."

Susan was wheeled into the room, by Cassandra, and she said, "There will be no rematch. One has no brains, and the other one just had his brains scrambled. All they can think about is doing it again. Are all men this stupid?"

Patricia raised her hand and said, "Can I answer that question?"

Susan said, "Girl, you are not in class. If you want to take a man apart, you just do it and let the pieces fall where they may."

Patricia turned and looked at Stephano. He dropped his head as if he knew his body was going to be taken apart, piece by piece.

"No, they are not all that stupid."

Stephano's head popped up in surprise.

"Some men have even been known to turn their lives around, and become better people. I know one. He has acknowledged he has a long way to go, but he watched a lot of good people, here in Cottonwood. He has found a way to help a lot of people succeed in business. He has even found a way to make himself better. Maybe those two can take a lesson from him."

Sergeant said, "I will not become an Italian."

Susan said, "Cassandra if you don't hit him, I will get out of this chair and do it for you."

Callaway interrupted, "This is my hospital. If anyone is going to hit him, it is me. Besides that, I can afford to be fired now. I am rich and when I find out who did it, I'm taking her out to lunch find out how she did it and why?"

Callaway left the group, and went to the ICU nurses' station to inform them that Alan was conscious and talking. While she was there her mother called and gave her the information she had received from her bank and the business brokers, who advised her of her new holdings in the Houston area.

Callaway walked back to Alan's bedside, took Patricia by the arm, and told everyone that she was taking her to the linen closet to beat the shit out of her, until she got the truth.

Innocently Patricia said, "Why what did I do now?"

"You have ever heard of truth serum, Patricia, haven't you?"

"Yes I have."

"There are several types, and we have all the medications we need in this hospital to mix a batch together to get you to talk. Tell me what you did, before I make you a babbling idiot."

"What you are proposing would be illegal."

"What you did last night wasn't illegal?"

"I made a bad man pay his family back what they should've had in the first place."

"Patricia, don't make me smack you."

"Okay, I found your father. I found he did very well for himself. He owned 14 McDonald's restaurants, which he was using as cash cows for himself. I found out that he cheated the government on taxes and hid the money in the Cayman Islands. I found out that he had a huge house, with a modest mortgage, which I purchased. So I did the following: From the $8 million he had in the Cayman's, I put a total of $3.5 in your checking, savings, and IRA accounts, and I paid off your student loans. I split the $4.5 million between your mother and sister. Your mother owns all the businesses in Houston. My father will help your mom adjust to her new wealth and manage her money, until she picks out her own money manager. I own the mortgage on his mansion. He will default in 90 days, or so; then I will own that house. If you were nice to me I was going to give it to you as a wedding present, but you were not nice, so I am going to keep it for myself. I also arranged to have your father arrested this morning, when he got to work, on an Arizona warrant. He should be in jail now."

"He is in jail. Elmore told my mother, and she told me when she called me."

"So why are you angry with me?"

"We have been looking for my father for 17 years, and you did all this overnight. How do you expect me to feel?"

"Be grateful that this thing is finally over. You should be happy that your mother would never have to worry about another bill for the rest of her life."

"How did you do this overnight?"

Stephano moved in behind her and said, "Don't be shy now Patty, be a good girl, and tell her how long it really took you. Come on, out with it, the real truth. How long did it take you to find her father?"

"Stephano, when did you want to get between my thighs?"

"Patty, this will be so worth it. This is Callaway's hospital, and you may become part of it."

"It took me seven minutes to find your father."

Every alarm in ICU went off when Callaway screamed, "W H A T!"

Stephano intercepted her as she went for Patricia's throat. Sergeant, Cassandra, and Stephano were all needed to hold nurse Callaway back from Patricia. Doctor Vincennes had just arrived to do his rounds, when he heard the screaming and rushed to see what was going on. When he saw his sister-in-law being restrained, he laughed. He looked at Callalily and said, "Your sister's cooking has finally done it. You have gone over the edge."

"Frank, do you know how long it took her to find my father; seven minutes. Call that private detective of yours and get your money back. Seven minutes Frank, do you know what she did in the other 33 minutes she was online; I don't want to know, because it was probably all illegal except for putting the bastard in jail."

Doctor Frank Vincennes looked at Patricia and asked, "Seven minutes, what did you use, a Ouija Board?"

Patricia replied, "No doctor, I used a computer."

"Ask a stupid question... Seven minutes to find him and in the other 33 minutes you took his assets, divided them between his wife, his daughters, and had him arrested by 9 o'clock Central time. Is that everything?"

"No, not everything; I own the mortgage on his house."

"How much of a mortgage does he have on that house?"

"The mortgage is for $960,000."

"That is a good size mortgage. What is the value of the house?"

"The original sale price was $4.2 million, but this is a down market, so I think it would sell for about $3.5 million. It is on 17 acres of land, and has a small river running through it. He also made sure that he owned all the mineral rights, below that property. He had a very good lawyer when he bought that property."

"He is going to try to use the property to make bail."

"Yes, I know, and I will be there for him. He will sign the title over to me as a surety against his fleeing the jurisdiction. That is the reason I bought the mortgage. I am very tough to get a hold of, and I believe he is a flight risk. I have not allowed any liens to be placed against the house or property."

"A $1 million mortgage on a $4 million home and he made sure that he owned the mineral rights below that land. Patricia, there is something underneath that land and that man knows it. Do whatever you can to make sure he defaults."

"I will make sure his bail terms require him not to leave Cottonwood. He will and he will forfeit his bond. Poor man will lose his house, because he strayed over a county line."

Doctor Vincennes said, "Patricia, please remind me not to get you angry at me. You have an evil streak a mile wide; and when someone pisses you off, you get even in a big way."

Stephano looked at the doctor and said, "Doctor you do not know the half of it. If any man hurts any woman and Patricia has a computer nearby, you may as well have "The Death Penalty Cocktail Mixed," because as sure as I am standing here, that man is going down."

"OW" STOP THAT PATRICIA. I can hardly walk on that ankle as it is. I will not wait until we are married take you over my knee and spank you."

The Doctor asked, "Your marriage is back on again?"

"NO/YES!"

Doctor Vincennes laughed. "Well, that answers that question."

"You threatened to spank me, Stephano; that is never going to happen."

He leaned over and whispered into her ear, "You told me to put it on my wish list. After getting married and fucking you silly; spanking that delicious backside of yours is next on my list."

Patricia blushed. He had done it to her again. He won and she hated him, when he did it by using her own words against her. Then she smiled brightly and said, "You have to pass Go, before you can collect your $200 and continue your next turn around the board."

He recognized the Monopoly reference but did not immediately understand what she meant by, "You have to pass Go." As she was walking back to Alan's bedside, it hit him and he yelled out, "BITCH!"

Patricia did not turn around; she continued walking with a big smile on her face, which confused everyone else.

Callaway looked at her and said, "That must have been fun."

"It was as much fun for me, as it was putting your father in jail for you."

"If your smile gets any wider, your face is going to crack."

"If you think my smile is wide now, wait until I tell him I am going to Washington for a while, and he is not coming with me."

"I have to ask this question, Patricia. Why are you still considering marrying him?"

"There is a place in my brain that keeps telling me I love him. When I wake up in the morning I wonder what he is doing. I can't wait to see him during the day, and I fall asleep thinking of him. I fought that feeling for months. I told him on more than one location that I could not and would not marry him, because of what his father did to my mother and my friends. He would not take no for an answer. He kept coming after me, and he will not take no for an answer. He loves me, even though I left him at the altar. He is trying to change the things I have a problem with, and he is doing a good job. How can you not love a person who is trying to better himself for you? I should kill myself, or kill him to avoid the pain we are going to cause each other, during our marriage, because there is going to be a war. However, the good parts are going to be so wonderful. I hope they make up for all the bad."

123456...8