Hopes for Change

Story Info
Sometimes History's lessons are hard to take.
1.3k words
3.83
7.9k
1
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Let me tell you about how I am going to vote in the next election. I'll also tell you why you should join me in backing the new progressive leader and his people.

Our nation has been in a severe economic recession. It is as severe as any that could be remembered by most living men. We have the worst economic situation that can be found almost anywhere. We have few jobs. a severely damaged manufacturing base, and worsening inflation. The top "fat cats" of the economic heap in banking, stocks, bonds, and manufacturing are making way too much money and are having too much say in how our country is run.

The government tried to pay off its debts by printing more money. Any fool knows that such an approach ruins the currency! Things are about as bad as they can get. To top it off, most other nations in the world don't like us very much. We had gotten involved in a war as the result of secret treaties we had signed with little countries that didn't matter much on the world stage. The cost of that war was staggering. On top of all of this our country has been humiliated.

The economic downturn has blighted the economy of almost every nation on earth. This was caused when speculators tried to play tricks in the stock market, When it was "time to pay the piper", the markets folded. Not only did they fold, they brought the banks down with them! Does the word disaster do such a situation credit? No, there are no words to express the human misery that has been caused.

Most of our old political leaders are jokes! They have no direction, they have no answers, they have no excuses, they are worse than useless since they draw salaries but don't do any good. Many of them are beholden to various power blocks. We have some new progressive people, led by a new energetic and charismatic leader, who are building a power base. Their leader has the most inspirational voice I have ever heard. When you listen to him he instills confidence that he can fix all our nation's ills. He has promised to clean up the corruption in the government and in businesses. He and his followers have progressive new ideas that could change how our government works. He recently indicated that "We have endeavored to depart from the external, the superficial, endeavored to forget social origin, class, profession, fortune, education, capital and everything that separates men, in order to reach that which binds them together". He wants Social Justice to be our goal. He sounds like just the man we need. The new progressives tell us that there is a group of traitors in our midst that need to be rooted out. They say that these traitors are high up in our financial circles and are responsible for the lack of jobs, our inflation, civil unrest, and the malaise that has covered our land. These traitors must be removed, according to this new leader. He says our national self-respect demands no less.

This group is not tied to the old politicians with their old ideas. They have fresh new ideas and want to bring real change to our badly run government. They have promised to get our industry running again. They also want to have full employment for anyone who wants to work. Their plans will make our nation the envy of the modern world. We won't have the chronically poor anymore and our national identity and pride will be restored. This is the promise of this new leader. He is a "new man" for a "new age".

There are grumblings from some of our country's citizens. They say that the old ways were better. I say, let's get them to see it our way!

One of the first things that is going to be done is the passage of new laws that will add a sense of discipline to our citizens lives. We've sort of had an "every man for himself" mindset. The new leader wants us to all "work together for the nation's good". That sounds good to me! After all, if you aren't working for your nation's good, you might as well be working against all your neighbors. Working against your own countrymen is treason in my book. Don't you think so?

I thought you'd see it that way. To guarantee that the next generation of citizens will be better educated, stronger, and more patriotic this new leader is suggesting that we start a "youth movement" to help level out the playing field for our young men and women. That sounds good. No more will the rich have all the advantages. In this new progressive society education will go to those who are smart enough to take advantage of it, regardless of their economic status. Everyone will have guaranteed health care so that the poor won't suffer. All schools will teach to the same academic and cultural standards. That way nobody will be "left behind" the others because of a poor local school.

In fact the new progressive party, and its new leader, are even saying that there will be economical automobiles available to the poorest of citizens. We will be seen as the most technically advanced nation on earth. Our deserving citizens should also be seen as the best example of cultured people the world has ever seen.

Now, there are some detractors who want to say that these ideas are dangerous. Most of them come from a couple of small radical religious groups. We know how to fix that. Our nation has a long and honored history! We applaud the heroic actions recounted in the stories of our nation's birth and early leaders. Our children will again hear the heroic tales of the warriors and patriots of old. Those stories are to be brought back so that they will all again be part of that glorious culture. Those radical religious folks are traitors to our nation and should be treated as such.

There are also some undesirable people in our midst. A very progressive writer, Margaret Sanger, has shown how eugenics should be done. After all, an undesirable element in our nation acts like a cancer. Sanger's approach is to provide cheap, legal abortions to the classes that you don't want. In time, they will die out. Our new progressive leaders like her ideas so much that they wrote her an official letter telling how much they appreciate her thought. After all, her thought springs from the science of evolution. In this case, we are to aid evolution by removing bad genes from our gene pool. That should help provide what our new leader is calling for. A full thousand year reign for the National Socialist party.

Let me ask you; are you going to vote for Herr Hitler, and his progressive party, or are you going to join with the traitors?

*

Author's note: The quotes above and the descriptions of the policies are from a biographical sketch of Adolph Hitler. The early to mid twentieth century called Hitler, Lenin, Mussolini and others of their ilk, Progressives! They believed that the idea of liberality was a description far to the "right" of their socialist beliefs. Most of the general ideas also apply to Mussolini and Lenin. These goals led Germany, of that time, into starting the second world war and the holocaust! The frightening thing about these quotes and goals is that they parallel the efforts of our current president and his congressional majority.

It is also worth noting that recently a slip of the tongue by Ruth Bader Ginsburg, in regard to Roe vs Wade, indicates that at the time that decision was being made the members of the court were alarmed by what some described as an undesirable element in our society. Have you ever wondered why Margaret Sanger's organization, and Planned Parenthood (her organizations offspring) placed their clinics in black communities and in city slums? The answer was that she, and her followers, wanted to clean up the gene pool. Read her writings. The Nazis actually wrote her a letter of appreciation for her work on eugenics. They indicated that they would take her advice to the next logical step. The holocaust was the result.