How Cara Learned to Stop Worrying Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
phlight
phlight
23 Followers

"I miss your Chucks," I said, walking over to him and slipping my arms around his waist.

"I miss you being naked," he replied. I sighed, pretending to be annoyed. "Let's go get breakfast. I'mstarving."

After some toast and coffee we spent the rest of the morning helping out as best we could with prep for that evening's dinner. Keiji taught me a few knife skills and I shared my recipe for stuffing. Takako made herself scarce and said little -- nothing at all to me. I was too intimidated to attempt a conversation and Keiji seemed to actively avoid her. Stan, at least, was amiable and easy to talk to. He said he hoped I would like the food better tonight; I explained that it was all up to his grandson or granddaughter and received a big grin for my efforts. He was delighted to find out the baby's due date (July 1) as his own birthday was in early July. I said I'd try to deliver his present on time. True to his word, Keiji took charge of our laundry.

Hana and Sachi arrived just as I sat down to take a breather. Sachi was as ebullient as ever, and looked very pretty in a dark orange sweater dress. Hana seemed distant, her eyes ringed in thick black liner. After giving herObaandOjidutiful hugs and kisses she seemed unable to lift her face from her phone's screen, even when Keiji tried to engage her in a discussion about the troupe's next play. (They had decided to go withJulius Caesar.)

"What's up with her?" Keiji asked Sachi as she joined us in the kitchen. This dinner was Stan's affair, so I guess we were officially allowed to meddle.

"I think she's missing her friends," Sachi said, looking pointedly at me. I was confused. Did she mean Evan?

"Hopefully the pumpkin pie will snap her out of it," Stan said, bending over to check the oven. I heard a distant buzzing noise.

"That's the dryer," Keiji said. "I'll get it."

"No, don't. Visit with Sachi, she just got here!" I said.

"Are you sure?" he asked. I nodded. "Well, okay. The laundry room is at the end of the hall, to the right."

"No problema. See you in a few."

I walked downstairs, curious -- I hadn't been to this part of the house yet. The basement was carpeted in white Berber. There was a comfy-looking leather couch with a matching ottoman, a La-Z-Boy recliner, and an impressive flat screen TV. A hallway led to a bathroom, an office, and a spare bedroom. I headed to the end and took the last right hand door. As I opened it I almost hit Takako, who was bending over to open the dryer.

"Oh!" I gasped. It took me a few seconds to recover. "I'm sorry, I was just coming down to get the clothes."

"They're yours?" she asked, and began pulling things out.

"And Keiji's," I said, feeling embarrassed. There were my underwear, and the sheets...it all seemed so obvious. "Here, let me fold," I said, desperate to do something. We worked in silence for a few moments.

"Sachi made me vomit every day. Keiji did not. You will probably have a girl," Takako proclaimed.

"Hmm. I was sick about as much as this with my son," I said. She stopped pulling things out of the dryer to stare at me. I had to work hard not to flinch.

"You have another child?" she finally asked.

"Yes, a son." I wondered how much Keiji had told her about me.

"How old?"

"He's 14. He's friends with Hana. I met Sachi when they were in Kindergarten together. His father and I are...not together," I explained.

"And how old are you?" Oh no, was this going to be Twenty Questions? I should have prepared my answers a little more.

"35." She humphed to herself and snapped a pillow case to get the wrinkles out.

"You can still end this pregnancy, you know," she said. Now it was my turn to stare. She went on. "You have so many choices. It's not like it used to be. You don't have to be stuck with this situation. You are already mature, you have a family. You can stop with Keiji so easily, go on with your life."

I was speechless. She met my eyes, the same firm gaze, but after a few seconds she changed. She looked down, seeming uncomfortable.

"I'm not saying these things because I don't like you. I don't even know you. I'm saying it because I think women always put themselves last and that is a mistake. My son always considers himself; you should think of yourself in this important decision."

"Okaasan," I whispered. I cleared my throat and began again. "I realize that this news is a big surprise, and I apologize for the way you found out. Keiji and I were not planning on this pregnancy, it's true, and we are still learning about each other. But please believe me when I say that the baby is very much wanted and Keiji makes me happier than any man I have ever known. I've made my choice."

She looked at me for a long minute and I colored under the scrutiny. Finally she dropped her eyes and folded the last piece of clothing. She handed me the tidy pile.

"Do you mind taking these upstairs? I have to put in a load of my own and go make sure Stan isn't ruining the turkey." Her voice was calm, reminding me of Keiji.

"S-sure," I said, thrown off by her sudden switch to the mundane. "Thank you for your help." She nodded and I sensed that I was dismissed. I went back upstairs to Keiji's room and sat down on the bed next to the laundry, shaking my head. Keiji came in a few minutes later.

"Hey, what took you so long?" he said, coming to the bed to sit down next to me.

"I uh, had a little discussion with your mother." His mouth dropped open.

"Oh my god. What did she say? I didn't know she was down there!"

"I think she was trying to make sure that we were serious about this. Like, are we sure we want to have the baby," I summarized, leaving out key details for his benefit.

"Oh no," he groaned, falling back on the bed.

"No, no, it really wasn't awful. Just kind of strange," I assured him. "Hey, at least she's talking to me."

"Ha, yeah. Better than Hana and me. All of the women in my family are a little strange, I've decided."

I laid down next to him and played with a lock of his hair, giving myself a black moustache. He smiled and turned toward me for a kiss. We were getting into it when he broke off the kiss with a frustrated noise.

"I actually came in here because Mom checked the turkey and it was done. We're supposed to stuff ourselves now."

"Mmm, I can't wait. I worked off that toast too fast. You better get rid of that first," I said, gesturing to the bulge in his pants.

"Yeah, yeah. So hey, when we go to your parents' house I can sleep in the same room as you, right?" He moved close to me again, seeming unable to resist if we were both in a prone position. I laughed as his hands began to roam over my breasts once more.

"Yes, I think so. One down, one to go?"

"Good deal," he responded absently.

"Especially if youmake loveas excellently in my old room as you do in yours." He smirked.

"Don't worry," he said.

I didn't.

phlight
phlight
23 Followers