How Do You Like Me Now?

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
michchick98
michchick98
441 Followers

"You know Thorne is in town this week for a couple of shows right?" Julie asked, taking a seat between her husband and me.

"Yeah, I heard something about that. Troy said Rob and Eddie would both be here," I replied loudly, hoping Julie could hear me over the music.

"I can't believe how much Eddie's changed! He's a total hottie now!" Julie said, nudging me and grinning.

"I know. Success has been good to him," I replied, not revealing that I had been to one of his concerts.

The whole room fell silent when Eddie walked in. He ditched the coke bottle glasses in favor of contact lenses. His hair was still short and messy, but it looked as though he used mousse or gel, giving it a spiked look. He had thick muscular arms and a broad muscular chest. He was wearing black jeans and a dark blue shirt with a black tie. From what I could tell, he also wore black cowboy boots. He smiled warmly at classmates who had approached him for an autograph then made his way to the small platform set up for the D.J.

Eddie leaned in and said something to the D.J. He grabbed the mic and waited for the volume of the music to soften. I saw his eyes scan the room and his smile grew even wider when he saw me. Our eyes locked instantly.

I felt that same heat of embarrassment rise in my cheeks again along with a rapidly increasing heartbeat. Eddie broke eye contact with me and glanced around the room at his former classmates.

"I guess you could say success has been good to me," he said, echoing my words from just a few minutes before. "I want you all to know that I hold no ill-will toward anyone for the way I was treated. Hell, I probably would have made fun of me."

There was sporadic laughter throughout the room, causing the smile to fade from Eddie's face. "Hey, it's okay. I said I'm over it," he smiled slightly. "Just to show you all how much I actually appreciate you," he began again, "I have a stack of tickets for tomorrow night's concert at Joe Louis Arena," he finished, reaching in his pocket and pulling out a large stack of concert tickets.

"Yes, I said I appreciate you. If it hadn't been for the endless teasing, I don't think I would have pushed myself to do better. I was a geek and I needed a change. The first thing the band's manager did once we were signed was to give me a makeover and assign me a personal trainer. He told me I didn't project the right image for the band and I agreed. I was foolish to think Thorne would ever amount to anything unless I changed the way I looked. I'm still the same guy underneath," he paused, glancing in my direction again and smiling broadly, "I'm just more appealing to the ladies than I was five years ago."

Rob had walked in by this point, leaning against the wall by the door, allowing his cousin to hog the limelight for a few minutes. He hadn't changed much himself, his dark hair was a bit longer, but he still had the same muscular frame he had in high school. It was clear that Rob probably had a hand in Eddie's transformation. I looked away from Rob and scanned the faces of my former classmates as Eddie continued to speak.

He mesmerized them, or so it seemed. None of us had ever really met a celebrity close-up, much less graduated high school with one. The Eddie Thorne that stood before us today wasn't the same Eddie Thorne who graduated with us, at least not on the outside. He was still soft-spoken and very polite though, two things that were always his best qualities.

"Okay, I've hogged the mic long enough, I'll let the D.J. get back to the music," Eddie finished, glancing in my direction once more and flashing that charming smile that always made my heart skip a beat when we were teenagers.

He handed the mic back to the D.J. and stepped down from the platform. He walked over to his cousin and they glanced around the room looking for some of their old classmates. Eddie's gaze found mine again and he smiled softly then gave a quick wave. He followed Rob to a table in the opposite corner from where I was sitting and took a seat facing the small dance floor.

+++++

"How do you remember all this?" Eddie asked, reading over my shoulder again.

"I don't know, I guess I just have a really good memory," I started, turning my head to look into his eyes. "Was there something you wanted or are you just here to bug me again?"

"Baby, I know I don't bug you, especially when I do this," he said, pushing my hair aside and nibbling on my neck. I felt his teeth gently bite down on my skin then I heard a light sucking sound. My whole body shivered.

"HEY!! The last hickey you gave me hasn't gone away yet!" I squealed.

"Just making sure everyone knows who you belong to," he chuckled, softly lapping the spot he just bit.

"I think it's obvious without you marking me," I retorted, melting against him when he massaged my shoulders. "Mmmm, that feels nice," I added, closing my eyes and sighing deeply.

"Will you be finished soon?" he whispered.

"Yes."

"You barely touched your dinner, are you okay?"

"Yes, I just want to finish this. I can finish a lot quicker if you stop interrupting me."

"Okay, okay. Just hurry up, the bed is awful cold and lonely without you," he said, leaning down to place a soft kiss on my lips.

Bed, massage, hickey ---- that man is too much of a distraction. He wants me to finish up quickly, yet he won't leave me to it. I know he'll be back at least once more before I'm done. Anyway, back to the story.

+++++

As the night progressed, I made my rounds, catching up with some of my former classmates and repeatedly answering the same questions about what happened to Steve. Every time I looked in his direction, Eddie was watching me, smiling softly. I headed back to my table where I saw Julie and her husband huddled close, looking through an old yearbook.

"This was Eddie Thorne?" her husband said, glancing up and looking in Eddie's direction.

"Yeah," she said. "He looks like a completely different person now."

"He's still the same Eddie," I said as I took my seat.

"No, he's the lead singer of Thorne. He's not the geek we went to school with. Who would have thought he'd end up like this with women practically throwing themselves at him?"

I felt a slight pang of jealousy at Julie's last statement. Did Eddie really have women at his beck and call? I glanced in his direction again, watching the two girls who used to throw themselves at all the popular guys in school now swoon over Eddie. Of course he'd have any woman he wants now, he's a big star and look at him, he's drop dead gorgeous.

"He's just like every other celebrity," I started, "Just look at him eating up the attention. And that speech he made when he got here, he's really stuck on himself, isn't he?"

Julie glanced at me with curiosity. "If I didn't know any better, I'd think you were jealous, Sal," she said.

"Me? Jealous? That's ridiculous. Why would I be jealous?"

"Because you've always had a "thing" for Eddie, that's why," she said, making quotes with her fingers around the word thing.

"I have not!" I lied. "He was a geek with a crush!"

"Okay, whatever you say," she replied, giving me a knowing smile. "I have a question for you."

"What?"

"How long do you intend to sit here and stare at him?"

"I -- um -- well, he looks like he has his hands full with the bimbo twins," I replied nervously.

"I'm not so sure about that. Have you noticed how he keeps looking over this way? Why don't you go talk to him?"

"Because last time we talked, I treated him like shit, Julie."

"How long as hit been since you've spoken to him? Didn't he say he held no ill-will toward anyone?"

"Yeah, but -- "

"Then just go over there and say hi. It's been five years, Sal. You obviously still have some feelings for the guy," she said.

Julie was the only one I ever told about the kiss on the night of Troy's party. She thought I was an idiot for letting Eddie get away and I knew she was right. Here was my opportunity to make things right between us.

"I don't want him to think that I'm only talking to him because he's a big star now."

"I doubt he'll think that, Sally. You were always nice to him."

"Yeah, but I always made fun of him and the band."

"We all did and obviously we were wrong. Will you just go and talk to him?"

I knew Julie wouldn't let up until I talked to Eddie, so I rose slowly to my feet and smoothed out my dress. I pasted a smile on my face and made my way to Eddie's table. As I was walking, Jason approached me.

"Long time no see!" he said.

"Back off, Jason," I snapped.

"But -- "

"No. Don't you remember you tried to rape me the night of Troy's party?"

"I'm sorry, Sally. I was drunk."

"So that excuses it? I should have had my parents press charges."

Jason took a few steps back. He had a look of anger and fear in his eyes. "It was five years ago, get over it!"

"Just leave me alone, Jason," I replied.

"Fine," he snapped. He turned and walked away, mumbling something under his breath.

I turned back toward Eddie's table and watched his smile broaden as I approached. He rose to his feet and walked over to me, wrapping his arms around me in a big bear hug.

"It's good to see you," he whispered in my ear.

"You too," I replied, feeling that same pleasant chill from five years earlier run down my spine.

He broke our embrace, took my hand and led me to his table. We chatted the best we could over the music then he suggested we head out to the lobby of the hotel where it was quieter. I agreed and when we were leaving the banquet hall, I glanced over my shoulder at Julie who was giving me the thumbs up sign.

A few classmates approached Eddie as we walked and he handed them tickets to the concert. He sat down on a small sofa at the opposite end of the lobby from the banquet hall, pulling me down next to him. There wasn't a lot of room on the sofa and our legs touched. He put his arm behind me along the back of the sofa and smiled softly at me.

"So, where's Steve?" he asked.

"I don't know," I said, looking everywhere but at him.

"He didn't come with you?"

"We got a divorce," I said quietly.

"I'm sorry to hear that, Sally."

"It just wasn't meant to be, I suppose."

"How long were you married?"

"A little over two years."

"Oh," he replied.

The silence between us was awkward. There were things between us left unsaid for the last five years and I don't think either of us really knew what to say. I fidgeted nervously in my seat, keeping my gaze fixated on my hands folded in my lap.

"I've got something for you," Eddie said, breaking the silence between us.

"For me?"

"Yeah," he said, reaching in the pocket of his shirt and pulling out what looked like one of the concert tickets he was passing out earlier. "Here."

I took the ticket without looking at it or at him and put it in my purse. "Thanks."

"Are you gonna go?"

"Sure," I said, turning to look at him and seeing that same hopeful look in his eyes that he'd always had.

"If you give your name at the door, they'll give you a special pass to go backstage after the show," he said. "I couldn't get any passes before the concert but my manager told me he'd set aside a few if I wanted any backstage guests."

"Thanks," I repeated, breaking eye contact with him and glancing down at my hands again.

Eddie was one of the few celebrities who managed to keep his personal life out of the spotlight. I realized I knew nothing about him beyond what I knew when we were in school. I didn't even know if he was married.

"So, beyond the huge success of the band, how has life been treating you, Eddie?"

"Not bad," he said. "I try to keep myself grounded and not let stardom get to me."

"Well, you seem like the same guy I knew in high school."

"Basically, I am."

"Are you married?" I blurted, not able to stop myself.

"Divorced," he replied.

"Really?"

"Yeah. My marriage lasted less than a year. She got pregnant while I was on my last tour and I knew it wasn't mine, we hadn't been together in three months."

"She didn't tour with you?"

"No, she hated to travel. Anyway, when she told me how far along she was, I put two and two together. I found out she was sleeping with the gardener."

"I'm sorry, Eddie," I said, placing my hands on his. I shivered and he looked at me with concern.

"Are you cold?"

"No," I sighed.

One of the bimbo twins came over to us and started throwing herself all over Eddie again. He tried and failed to get her to leave quickly. She took a seat in the chair next to him and he sat forward on the couch to speak with her. She glanced over at me with a smug grin on her face as I got up to leave.

"Where are you going?" Eddie asked.

"I need to get some air," I said heading for the exit.

As I walked away, I heard the girl tell him to forget about me. He argued with her and when I glanced over my shoulder, she was stomping off in a huff. Eddie started walking toward the entrance but was stopped by a few more classmates. He reached in his pocket and handed them some tickets. I disappeared around the corner and made my way to my car.

"Sally!" I heard Eddie call out just as I got into my car. I sat there for a few minutes, not starting the engine, watching Eddie glance around the parking lot. He ran his fingers through his hair then turned and went back inside.

"God, Sally, you're such a coward," I said to myself as I started the engine and put the car in motion.

+++++

I didn't realize when Eddie gave me the ticket that it was front row center. I gave my name at the ticket counter and they handed me a backstage pass. I handed my ticket to one of the ushers and he took me to the front row.

I arrived a bit late and Thorne was already performing. When I glanced up at the stage Eddie was looking straight at me. He winked and continued on with the current song they were playing.

I closed my eyes and lost myself in the smooth sounds of Eddie's voice. I'd always thought he'd had a great singing voice, but I never told him that. His words caressed my soul as his smooth voice filled my ears. When I opened my eyes and looked up at him, his eyes locked on me. I felt a rush of heat fill my cheeks and my heartbeat increased rapidly. Eddie always had this effect on me and as usual, I lost myself in his brilliant blue eyes.

He tore his gaze away from me and finished the song then bowed to the thunderous applause. He and his band mates left the stage and all but one of the overhead lights went out. The calm glow of the remaining light focused on the microphone stand Eddie had just walked away from.

The crowd fell silent when soft strumming of a guitar was heard. Eddie appeared on stage alone, an acoustic guitar strapped over his shoulder. He pulled another microphone in front of him and adjusted it to the height of the guitar then began playing again.

"This is a brand new song I've been working on," he started. "It's different from anything I've ever written before and I'd like to dedicate it to a very special woman who captured my heart a long time ago." He glanced down at me and smiled, watching as my cheeks turned a rosy red once more.

"The song is called Crazy To Love You." He closed his eyes as his hands moved expertly over the strings, the romantic sound of his acoustic guitar filling Joe Louis Arena. As he began to sing, he opened his eyes and looked down at me.

All noise around me faded; all I heard was Eddie's smooth voice and his guitar, it was as if he was privately singing to me. I felt the beat of my heart increase even more as the song progressed and I knew at that moment the biggest mistake of my life was pushing him away the night he kissed me.

+++++

"That was a beautiful song, Eddie," I said, taking a seat on the small sofa in the back of the tour bus.

"Thanks, Sally," he said, taking a seat across from me. "Why did you run away from me last night?"

"I saw you with Maggie and knew I didn't have the right to keep you from your fans."

"How could you think that? She and her sister have been following me around for the last two years. I'm seriously thinking about getting a restraining order against them."

"Really? I didn't know that."

"Yeah. I'd really like to -- "

"Eddie my man! Great fucking show to -- " Rob shouted, walking toward the back of the bus. He cut himself off when he saw me. "Oh, sorry Sally, I didn't know you were here."

"It's okay, Rob," I said quietly. I rose to my feet and gave him a hug. "I didn't get to talk to you at the reunion last night. How have you been?"

"Not bad. The band's doing well -- as you know," he started. "It's nice to see you here, I get tired of listening to this one so -- " he gestured over his shoulder to Eddie who abruptly cut him off.

"He gets tired of listening to me sing. I told him he can't carry a tune but he won't listen," Eddie chuckled, giving Rob a stern glance.

"Yeah," Rob agreed quietly. I looked at the two of them curiously but shrugged it off figuring it was a guy thing.

Eddie turned to me and took my hand in his. "Let's go for a ride, Sal. I want some privacy while we catch up." He cast another stern glare toward Rob as we made our way off the bus.

He led me to the limousine that accompanied the band to every show, motioning to the driver that we wanted to take a ride. The driver rushed over to open the door for us and Eddie helped me into the limo then slid in beside me. He flipped the switch on the armrest and rows of lights along the top edge and down the sides of the windows, cast a soft light throughout the interior of the limousine.

"Where to sir?" the driver asked, after situating himself in the driver's seat.

"Just pick a destination, Matt," Eddie replied.

The driver closed the solid partition between himself and the back of the limo, giving us our privacy. I was extremely nervous being alone with Eddie in a setting such as this and I think he could sense it. He scooted away from me a bit, then turned and smiled softly at me.

+++++

"I was the perfect gentleman," Eddie said, reading over my shoulder yet again.

"Let's let the readers decide that one, okay?"

"If I let you tell it, they'll be calling me Eddie the Hound."

"They will not."

"Will to."

"You're such a child."

"But you love me!"

"Why do you keep interrupting me?"

"I told you the bed is cold and lonely without you."

"You'll survive."

Eddie leaned in and tried to kiss my neck again but I pulled away from him. "Let me finish!" I snapped, although there was no heat in my voice.

"Fine, but if I'm asleep when you finally make it up to bed, don't expect me to wake up and service you."

"Service me?"

"You know what I mean."

That man is determined to not let me finish my story! He knows how to distract me and he knows it doesn't take much when he walks around in just his boxers. He'll pay for all these interruptions later. Okay, back to my story.

He was right, for the short amount of time we spent in the first limo ride of my life -- my dates for homecoming and prom in high school could never afford to rent a limo -- he was a perfect gentleman.

+++++

We began filling each other in on the last five years of our lives. It was pretty simple to figure out what Eddie had been doing and he was surprised to learn that I made a half-way decent living doing freelance photography. The conversation seemed to flow easily between us as we rode to our destination, wherever that was.

"Where is he taking us?" I asked looking out the window at the unfamiliar surroundings.

I saw Eddie look out the window on his side, "I don't know, really. I told him to just drive."

michchick98
michchick98
441 Followers