How High A Price: A Sequel

Story Info
The seduction.
12.2k words
4.15
262.2k
105
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

How High A Price – A Sequel -- “The Seduction”

This is a sequel to ‘the Troubador’s’ original story“How High A Price” it is very important to the understanding of this story that you read his story first. It is with his permission that I submit my ending to his fine work.

“My heart weeps with sadness and pain for those who have endured the betrayal, and leaps with joy for those who have overcome it.” (PML)

Susan spent the rest of Saturday when she wasn’t crying or thinking, in the grip of a fitful, restless sleep. Even when she closed her eyes all she could see was Early, his face streaked with tears, all she could hear was his strong voice now reduced to fearful whispers.

“Oh God “ she cried out, “What have I done?”

“Why?” The question haunted her...

Early had asked her to explain, “To tell him about it, make him understand what happened?” The only thing she could blubber out in answer to his question was“that she was repaying John for everythinghe had done for her.” Those words echoed inside her mind, only now they had a degrading, bitter taste to them deep within her, how could she have let this happen?

Susan went into the bathroom and took yet another shower. Her third today, but no matter how hard she scrubbed, she couldn’t get her guilt or the stench and foulness of ‘That Man’s’ touch to come clean. While Susan let the hot water fall heavily on her head and shoulders easing the muscle aches from her crying, she tried to remember, what had brought her to this very desolate and humiliating place in her life?

John Stickner had come to the firm five years before; he was well respected in the field of corporate law. Fifty two years old, 6’1”, 188 lbs, silver and black hair, sky blue eyes, sporting a trim, toned body many men in their twenties would be proud to have. He was a natural conversationalist and a good listener, who Susan had found to be friendly and pleasant. She also noted that to his credit he had kept a professional distance between the two of them when he was introduced and learned that she was married. Susan had heard the stories, the whispered gossiping that is flung around offices on a regular basis; he was tagged as a ladies man, a gamer, and even a predator. Susan who had refused to get involved with the gossip mills had realized years ago that gossip is for the most part; 50% exaggeration, 50% self delusion, and 50% fact. So just like her percentages, it never seemed to add up and she refused to listen.

Then suddenly six months ago the first week of January, Mr.Stickner had started to stop by Susan’s office, he would discuss work related issues and slowly digress to chit-chat; family, world events, sports anything that came up in conversation. He was always very interested in what she had to say; it was very flattering to her. These daily interactions continued for three weeks, even though Jennifer had told Susan in private she didn’t like Mr. Stickner’s new friendliness, Susan thanked her secretary,and friend for her concern and forgot about it.

Then the 2nd week of February Susan overheard John talking to Mr. Jenson the Firm’s Senior Partner and CEO, John said: “ I feel Susan Early is more than ready for a Junior Partnership/ Vice President Position, she is a skilled, extremely sharp, capable Attorney with a hawk like attention to detail, and a consummate professional demeanor.”

Mr. Jenson replied “Hmm, your not the only senior executive who has noticed her outstanding work for us. Have my secretary Margie, put her name on the agenda for the end of the month Executive Steering Committee Meeting.”

“I’ll do that Mr. Jenson, Thanks for listening,” John responded.

Susan remembered being stunned, and then feeling elated and overjoyed. She had long ago concluded that her opportunity for a Partnership had passed her by, and then out of the blue her shattered dream is miraculously resurrected! When John dropped by to see her the next day, she fumbled all over herself trying to thank him for his trust and faith in her specifically for his recommendation to Mr. Jenson. She gushed, “John I don’t even begin to know how to thank you?”

John had gently replied, “Susan you have earned every bit of the recommendation I submitted you for; you are a brilliant, witty, decisive and hard working part of this Firm, as well as a beautiful and extremely sexy lady,” he winked.

Although taken aback by his compliment, she just stared at him with a whimsical look on her face. John skillfully caught her gaze, with a tender look and a caring smile and continued “ Even though I don’t think you need to thank me…” he paused just long enough to emphasize his point. “… If you must, I’m sure you’ll think of something very special to share with me as a personal thank you!” He then took her hand and kissed it, “until tomorrow then,” he said, turning as he exited her office.

Susan realized from that very first day John mentioned the “thank you” she found herself thinking about how to thank him in a very special way, something personal they both could share. The knot in Susan’s stomach expanded in size turning like a knife as she realized in horror,He had planted that thought there! The memories began to assail her mind; from then on anytime they parted company privately he would coyly almost offhandedly ask her “Have you thought up any special way to thank me for all I’ve done for you yet, My Susan?” then chuckle like it was a joke. He was reinforcing the suggestion, keeping it fresh in her mind, and allowing her to think of it constantly. Her Daddy who was a Dairy Farmer would have said he was ensuring she was ruminating on it. To her utter shame, she realized how excited the“My Susan” had made her feel, “I passed it off as harmless flirting, I kept denying the feelings that were building up in me for him. But, I even started dressing in clothes and colors that he complimented me on when I wore something he liked, even started using the bath oils and perfumes he bought for me.”

The excitement of the relationship over the proceeding few months had already worked it’s magic by the middle of April. Susan recalled the events of the last few months the color ebbing from her tear streaked face; the stolen touches in the office, the fleeting glances and warm special smiles, coffee breaks for two, long quiet lunches, and even a dinner now and then. She hung her head, she hadn’t thought anything about the attention, harmless flirting she had convinced herself. John had been so easy to talk to and he always was interested in her opinion; her feelings, he had made her feel so important, so cared for. During the private times in their offices or when they were dinning, she talked to John about anything and everything, hopes, dreams, wishes; the kind of things she had only ever shared before with Early. These memories of her own betrayal of the companionship and intimate secrets she had divulged, were more painful to her than the physical portion of the affair, and that portion had her so sick she wanted to throw-up.

Susan opened the glass door and stepped out of the shower, mechanically drying off she slipped into her full-length robe. The realization of herown willing complicity in the whole situation made her reel, her head hurt and her heart ached, she experienced extreme pain unlike anything she could imagine. She looked at the brightly colored leaf design she and Early had spent weeks painting the Master bathroom last fall, even with the sun shinning through the big skylight, their normally cheerful colors were subdued and pale, in the wretched gloom her actions had brought to their home. She sat on the side of the bed and cried, “My god I’ve been a fool,” she sobbed.

A few minutes later she calmed down, she found herself thinking out loud, “Now I see, to fight the increasing guilt that I was feeling I compartmentalized Early and John, I made love to Early more often and with more passion than I had for a while. I was doting on him more, I still love only him and I’m showing it, so everything is all right. All the while allowing John to pull on my heartstrings, consenting to his desired changes in me that were intimate in nature, when I should have only been changing for Early.”

Then on March 3rd I was given the Promotion and title of Vice President, a One-year probationary position designed to groom someone for Junior or Full Partner.

Susan thought “ I was so happy, I was even allowed to get Jennifer promoted as my executive secretary. Life was good. The promotion came with the addedbonus, now John and I were now in direct contact with each other 5-6 hours a day as we worked on unbelievable headache causing accounts, projects, and clients together.”

In the middle of April, Mr. Jensen the senior Partner gave me a team of four Attorney’s, six Paralegal’s and three Accountant’s, then turned over the Melrose Account to my team. Inside of three weeks I was in deep trouble, late hours, the whole team was overwhelmed, there was no way out I could see. Then like a knight in shinning armor, John came to my rescue; he quickly showed me the problem areas, how to move around or through the legal issues, everything I needed to complete the troublesome account on time and under budget. My dream was still intact only because of John’s intervention.

To accomplish the miracle turn around he and I spent 15 –20 hours a week after hours for a full six weeks basically alone with each other, touching hands, sitting almost in each others laps, our actions were out of line in the context of a professional work relationship. These cumulative interactions were having a profound effect on me, and on Friday night a week ago we put the final touches on the project about 8:30pm. As I packed up to go home John looked at me and asked, “Would you come into my office for just a moment? I want to show you something?” I walked over to him and he put his arm around me, I was a bit confused as we moved towards the huge triple bay window that looked out over the city of Seattle. I was getting very excited and so nervous. I felt like I had many years ago in High School when a guy I had a crush on started to pay attention to me, or better yet would ask me out; it was exhilarating, my heart was pounding so hard. I have always been a sucker for a romantic interlude, so when John touched a control pad and the blinds rose to the ceiling and the lights in the office automatically turned off, I was enraptured.

There laid out before me was Seattle’s skyline, only this was a view I had never seen before. The buildings with their twinkling lights shown like little fireflies, the Space Needle and Mt. Rainer were all bathed in the deep orange and red hues of the last fleeting moments of sunset. The moon was full, just beginning its accent into the night sky casting a gentle romantic light over the entire scene; it was truly a magical moment. Susan remembered resting her head on John’s chest as he held her for what seemed like ages as they each stood and starred at the city.

John casually looked down as if to ask her something, she lifted her head to look at him full in the face; he looked her in the eyes as a slow insinuating half smile spread across his face. He took a deep breath and slowly exhaled and said, “You are so sexy, so very, very beautiful My Susan,” her mouth went dry, and her knees went weak, as she starred up at him. He moved his face towards her, almost imperceivably then stopped and moved back away. Susan lost in the moment reached up with her free arm, slipped her hand behind his neck, and pulled him to her. Their lips met and at the touch of the forbidden fruit, lust and passion held in check these many weeks, erupted to the surface much like a volcano spewing hot molten lava. They were soon locked in a deep embrace both of their tongues exploring the other’s mouth in a sensual, arousing dance that left them breathless. Every touch of a hand on each other’s face, each movement of their mouths or flick of the other’s tongue sent explosive electric shockwaves through their bodies.

After the long sensual exchange, Susan moved her head back and looked up at John again, his eyes were at the same time warm, gentle, and inviting, and a tidal wave of lust and passion, aching to pleasure her. At that moment she knew…. she knew how she wanted to thank him, how he deserved to be thanked by her, this had nothing to do with Early or her marriage, this was something she had to do for John.

Still holding each other tightly in a lover’s first embrace Susan said “I’m free from next Thursday morning until Saturday morning at 9:00, can you take off work?”

“Yes,” John replied almost breathlessly.

“Good,” she said,” I know how I want to thank you, but just for two days then never again.” Susan’s Lawyer side kicked into gear justifying her decision in her own mind, “If I only do this the one time it’s really not cheating on Early, I will just be thanking John for what he has repeatedly done for me.”

John’s expression took on a look of serious concern, he asked her,

“Are you sure?”

“You should know now that I do so desperately desire you, and want to show you physically how I feel about you…but I…”

The guilt that rose up in her at hearing that question, pounded into her consciousness and into her message center filling her with terror, “NO!Run you fool, Early, Remember…

John must have realized he was losing her, because suddenly he was kissing her again and his tongue seeking hers sent that tidal wave of lust she had seen in his eyes only moments before cascading through her body. This time when she broke off she looked him straight in the eyes, all other thoughts vanished, only her newfound lust and passion for this man remained.

Susan said “Thursday, 9:00am, your place, be there and be ready for two days of a very personal thank you that we both can share, for all that you have done for me.”

John answered, “Yes my Susan, Thursday indeed.”

Susan shivered involuntarily at his use of his endearing term for her, then lightly kissed him on the lips, broke from their embrace, turned and walked off. She had seen something that bothered her a little as she left, the lust in his eyes still burned strong but it seemed tainted, almost like the lust a predator has as it goes for the kill. John now had an arrogant almost victorious smile on his face; Susan passed the look off as nothing to be concerned about, then she headed to the door.

When she arrived at the door John said “Susan,” she spun around and faced him her hair flying, she knew that move made her look wild and sexy.

“You best be ready also,” he said.

Susan blew him a kiss,

“Oh I am,” she answered, and then turned, gathered her belongings and went home.

Arriving home, Susan found Early asleep in his chair in front of the TV, she woke him up and said, “Hi, I’m home honey, we finally finished the Melrose mess.”

Early, in a very groggy voice responded, “That’s great baby we’ll celebrate tomorrow, and talk some about it, Okay?”

Susan said “that will be fine,” and kissed him, brought him upstairs put him in bed and covered him up, he fell back to sleep when his head hit the pillow. Susan undressed and showered, she fought with herself over some conflicting thoughts and emotions, but in the end her pride and her almost consuming need to thank John for all he had done, what he had saved for her won out. She crawled into bed next to Early and slept hard until 10:00am the next morning.

Susan made sure Early got a great send off for his business trip over the next day and a half. She relievedher sexual tension repeatedly with Early even on Sunday morning before she dropped him off at the airport. On the way home, Susan stopped at the mall, picking up some special, very sexy intimate items at Victoria Secrets she gathered her purchases and headed back home to pack an over-night bag and tucked it away in her car.

Susan called Jennifer into her office first thing Monday morning and explained the Melrose project was complete finally, and since Jennifer had been so helpful and had worked so late so many nights with little or no notice, Susan was giving her Thursday and Friday off with pay as compensation. Jennifer was ecstatic, as her husband would be able to take off also and they could go camping or something. The insinuating smile on the younger woman’s face at the mention of her husband got both women blushing and giggling.

The rest of the week flew by, Susan had agreed to a suggestion John had made to her in a phone call he had made to her Sunday evening. He said, “ Why don’t we keep away from each other this week as a way to increase the anticipation?” Susan had smiled at the comment; “Okay, I like that idea!” came her almost breathless reply.

Thursday morning when she arrived John had met her at the front door of his huge stately Manor. She remembered thinking about the ivy that covered the front of the house. The way it covered the house from the ground to the roof of the second floor reminded her of the Victorian Homes she had seen while interning for a solicitors office in England after her 2nd year of Law School.

John was at the front door looking her over as she walked up to the door, a slow insinuating smile spread across his face, as he nodded his approval.

“My god you look so beautiful, I don’t remember you ever looking more radiant or sexy” he was almost moaning as he spoke.

Susan smiled a full deep smile at the compliment. The dress she had picked out was a short light blue-green sleeveless cotton blend; a small collar drew the eyes downward to a rapidly plunging neckline that fully exposed her ample cleavage. The dress, which was almost mini-shirt length, rode high on her thigh, highlighting her sexy, well-toned legs, while the fabric hugged and accented the sensual grace of her trim 5’5” 120 pound body.

“Why thank you kind sir,” then she slowly whirled around and coming full circle she stopped, the sun highlighting her long, deep rich brown hair moving with a life of it’s own, her brown eyes caught his gaze, she asked coyly,

“Do you really like what you see?” Holding her arms away from her body, she opened her hands, offering him a full look at her beautiful body.

The lust that shown from his eyes said it all, but he still responded.

“Susan, this is a very special time for just the two of us to share together, you are the perfect picture of loveliness, and please come in.” He had an almost victorious smile on his face as he closed the door behind her and quietly locked it after she entered.

After John closed his front door behind her, Susan’s heart and mind was caught in a maelstrom of conflicting emotions that continued through early Saturday morning. There were brief periods of unfettered passion, lust, and physical pleasure; followed by gut wrenching periods of guilt. Especially just before and after their first encounter John took her, she had almost left him sleeping and gone home. Her shame had reached unbearable levels. John had awakened just before she started to get up, and he was able to distract her a short time later.

She did not give herself to him, he would take her when his desire peaked, and she was almost a disassociated participant both days. It wasn’t that she didn’t enjoy things; she was just constantly waging war in her own mind and could not get anywhere near emotionally involved. John was skilled at knowing a woman’s needs and wants, but whether it was her own inability to give herself to him or the robotic, almost scripted way he went through his sexual interaction, she never was satisfied. He controlled the ebb and flow of each episode, making a special effort to draw her attention to the fact that he was taking time to meet her needs first. Doing so in a manner that left Susan feeling more like an appetizer than the main course.