How to Escape from Literotica

Story Info
Literotica's seduction techniques.
1.3k words
4.45
37.5k
8
Story does not have any tags
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Kathi
Kathi
578 Followers

The new format and features that Literotica is developing are becoming addictive to some people. In talking with other readers and authors I found that I was not alone but I am a member of a large and growing group of addicts trapped in a cycle of Literotica stories.

In my case, it all started one morning when I settled down into my routine with my second cup of coffee sitting next to my keyboard along with a second apple tart that I knew I shouldn't eat. I was ready, like many other readers and authors on Literotica, to browse the "New" category of Literotica stories published the night before.

Taking alternate sips of my coffee and bites of my tart with one hand, I used the other to mouse through the routine of deleting the overnight collection of junk email that had slipped through my filters. After bringing up my Windows Explorer, I clicked on the "Literotica-New" stories in my list of favorites.

Selecting a story from "Loving Wives," one of my favorite categories, I watched as the screen faded and was replaced with the familiar ... "What the hell is this?" I wondered aloud when the story screen appeared.

Many other readers have shared the same shock that I felt when the traditional screen did not appear. The difference was alarming and shook me out of my early morning lethargy. It is a less obtrusive display with its muted characters and colors on the right hand side of the screen but it is more pleasing to the eye than the old one.

One must learn to get used to it by taking short peeks at the new format while trying not to fixate on it to the point where the stories become secondary. An advantage to it is it has less possibility of being spotted for what it is by a coworker passing by our cubicle. It is also possible to dim the screen to further reduce the possibility of being detected and branded a pervert by the other perverts in the office.

Literotica very cleverly didn't make any general announcements of their new format and features but they were slipped it in while we slept. Those of us who feel violated at this intrusion can complain to the site under the title of "I was raped by Literotica."

The second part of the change that has caused a dramatic impact on my life, and I am sure on many other readers out there, is that little obnoxious box that now appears on the last page of all stories.

It sort of sneaks up on the reader as they are scrolling down towards the end of a story. It makes itself known as a little blip on the bottom right hand corner of the monitor. As the reader scrolls down, the blip grows into a little white box filled with links to "Similar Stories." This is where the Mind Control part of Literotica's seductive plan comes into play.

The reader must now decide whether to finish the story being read or stop reading it and check out the new Literotica feature. Most abandon their reading and choose to click on the first entry in the Similar Stories box. They are surprised when, after reading through the suggested story, a new box containing new links is found on the last page.

Now, we have readers in a dilemma! We now have two stories that are unread. Should he or she go back to the first story being read and read through the links in that story's box or should he or she continue on with the new links in the current story?

Don't fall into the trap set by Literotica. Finish reading the current story before clicking on the links. Practice doing this as a routine or you will find yourself embroiled in a maze of stories that has no exit.

Don't think you can outwit the Literotica team and open up all of the links in new tabs in Explorer 7 so you can go back and read through them after completing the one you are reading. That tactic won't work.

You will find yourself on a treadmill, trapped in a squirrel cage of links and tabs. Your computer will run slower and slower until you become frustrated with the delay in opening new links and pages to try and capture the deluge of stories that Literotica is raining down on you.

If you find yourself already caught in the unending cycle, it is not too late. Even though you have been made a victim, there is a way out. Literotica's subterfuge has caught you in its trap but, with help, you can escape.

They are trying to convince you that you cannot bear to miss anything that Literotica's new link boxes are suggesting you read. The problem is that you can't read them fast enough to get through them all. As you open new tabs you will discover that eventually a little red box will appear on your Taskbar informing you that you are reaching the maximum CPU cycles available on your computer.

You will find that it takes many seconds to open a new page and many minutes to open a new link. You will be fighting to keep your head above the pool of stories waiting to drown you. You are trapped.

I have seen reports where some readers have been found sitting between their desktop and their laptop trying to work two mouses (mice?) so they can keep up with the links being displayed by Literotica. You can't win this one folks, technology will triumph unless you do something about it.

Now that you have been warned, here is what you have to do.

First, never open a Literotica story unless you have someone that you can trust in the house with you or someone in your office that is also a secret reader of erotica. Work as a team and use the buddy system. If your buddy hears you whimpering in your cubicle or in the den, he or she can immediately come to your aid.

You must caution your buddy not to glance at the screen or screens but to immediately perform the maneuvers necessary to break the vicious cycle. There are anecdotal stories of buddy's who glanced at a monitor and the words "juicy cunt" popped up. They were found two or three days later, slumped over their respective keyboards with slobber running out of the corners of their mouths.

Your buddy must not allow you to convince him or her to, "Take a look at this one," or you both will be trapped. It is a good idea for your buddy to wear an iPod headset so he or she can't hear your pleas to join you in reading just one.

Your buddy must be firm in his or her resolve and shut down the computer before Literotica becomes your master!! That is the only way to escape the cycle of link seduction.

The fight against LLO (Literotica Link Obsession) is a lifelong battle. It cannot be won but the villain can be kept at arm's length if we are vigilant. Those who are susceptible to it can be weaned from it by allowing stronger readers to download the new stories and put them in a file to be read offline. The downloader must remember to delete all of the links left in the text before the addict is allowed to access the stories.

You too can be saved from the insane compulsion of LLO but you must be eternally on your guard. Even now, as you read this, your eyes are probably straying to the right-hand bottom corner of your monitor. You are waiting for the top of that seductive little box to appear to suck you into another cycle of deadly compulsion.

Remember, LLO is like any other addiction, clicking on one link is like drinking only one beer or smoking only one cigarette, it can't be done. Don't do it!

Good luck!

Kathi
Kathi
578 Followers