How to Hunt a Werewolf

Story Info
A brief training guide for hunting lycanthropes.
1k words
3.31
15.9k
3
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Sean Renaud
Sean Renaud
1,349 Followers

I'm going to start this guide off by saying what I often say when I start explaining to civilians how they should go about hunting various paranormal threats that threaten mankind. I hope you are reading this for entertainment. I hope you don't believe there are really werewolves out there and that right now you are smiling as start reading this work of fiction and humor. My second hope is that if you are one of the believers that you are reading this with a completely open mind. A lot of what you thought you knew is false and if you go into this thinking that I don't know exactly what I'm talking about that you will die. This report will take you through the most important basics of fighting and hunting a werewolf. Identification, location and destruction.

Proper identification is important. Civilians tend to get most of their information from bad movies and don't know anything about werewolves and so there are a lot of misidentifications. The first misidentification is the wolfman. If your werewolf is standing on his hind legs like a man he's not a werewolf. If you are in the east you are most likely looking at a Rakasha, the tell tale sign for a Rakasha is that the thumb is on the wrong side of the hand even in their human form. I don't know how to fight those, I recommend making a deal or running like hell. If you are in the west you are most likely dealing with a Sasquatch. That's actually good news. Sasquatch are easy to kill, anything that kills people kills them just fine. True werewolves turn into actual wolves distinguishable from natural wolves only by their size and coat which is without fail an unnatural shade of silver.

Werewolves are relatively difficult to identify compared to most supernaturals. They have few common aversions like sunlight for vampires. However they are highly allergic to both wolfsbane and mistletoe which will allow you to identify them. In their wolf form the smell of either of these plants is often enough to drive them away and in their human form it will look like a bad case of hay fever, again often driving them from the area. It's good for both identification and to ward you home.

I should tell you that lycanthropes species, not a disease. All the stories you've heard about killing the werewolf you bit you before the next full moon or that kind of thing are cases of mistaken identity. The reason for this is simply that many breeds of vampire have the ability to transform into wolves and civilians often make misidentification. So if someone never changed before you should consult To Slay a Vampire instead of this information here. Vampires will occasionally pretend to be werewolves simply to keep people from searching for the proper culprits and also so any humans who do come hunting them will be armed with the wrong equipment. It is for this reason that you need to be absolutely certain of your identification of the creature prior to launching an assault.

Forget all the things you've ever heard about the full moon. That is a combination of habit, superstition and Hollywood. It is true that the full moon tends to bring out more lycanthropes than other cycles of the moon but that is just because or the urge to howl at the moon, the same thing that draws human beings out in the light of the full moon to observe it's beauty drives many werewolves do enjoy nature more closely on those nights. The point is that if you think you are safe approaching a known vampire because it is one in the afternoon and the moon is on the far side of the planet good luck with that. They can transform at will and those who live far from humans may be more comfortable in their wolf form than in their human form.

The next step is to locate your local werewolf. This can be extremely difficult, particularly in urban environments where actually tracking is difficult. I don't recommend trying to follow them to their lairs for a number of reasons. The biggest is that werewolves, again unlike in the movies, are similar to regular wolves in their behavior. What that means is that they travel in packs. Unless you've got a death wish following a werewolf back to its den is usually suicide. I recommend hunting them as they hunt which is much easier since they do usually separate to hunt. Werewolves, like real wolves are not actually fond of human flesh and in the wild are no more dangerous to humans than average wolves, however because of their ability to become human and spend time with humans they often find themselves in environments where other kinds of prey are rare. They will still seek out isolated prey just like any other predator, alleyways, parks any of the places that your instinct tells you not to go is where they are. I recommend using bait (ex girlfriends tend to work best) but you can go alone if you are confident or suicidal.

Finally we need to talk about how to destroy a werewolf. This is one of the few things that Hollywood didn't completely screw up. Werewolves are allergic to silver. It bonds with their red blood cells and prevents them from regenerating. Silver bullets though are not the way to go unless you are just an incredible shot. This is one time when the older societies had it right. The reason is that unless you've got silver buck shot the bullet goes in and out, it has minimal contact unless you hit them in the heart of the head they'll die but slowly. More than enough time for them to finish tearing your rice paper human flesh to bloody ribbons. What you want is a silver plated spear or sword if you're bold. It inflicts bigger wounds that are more immediately fatal.

I'm going to close this the same way that I opened it. I hope that you got a glimpse at this and that you are laughing and thinking about the movies you've seen and the video games you played and you just think this is funny. If you are not, if you are one of the unfortunate souls who is going to be heading into combat I'm just going to wish you happy hunting.

Sean Renaud
Sean Renaud
1,349 Followers