How to Tame a Dragon Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
totallyatease
totallyatease
1,029 Followers

He pulled his hand back and she closed the door in his face. Two seconds later there was a light tap at the door, and so Izzy opened it.

"Good morning Izzy, how are you today?" Daniel asked brightly, with a forced smile on his face. "We missed you at breakfast this morning ... where were you?"

She smiled sweetly at him, which made his eyes glitter ominously, and his lips thinned into a scowl. "Good morning Daniel, isn't it a beautiful day? I ate breakfast here in my home this morning ... and then I went out for a bit." She stood in her doorway, refusing to invite him in.

"Coffee?" he suggested hopefully.

"I've just had some thanks!" she informed him cheerfully.

Daniel sighed in exasperation and put his hand up to the door. "Let me in Izzy!" he ordered quietly.

"No."

"Izzy!"

"This is my home Daniel; and you can't come in."

"I could make you change your mind!" he threatened softly.

"You're bigger than me ... and stronger than me ... yes I know..." She acknowledged scathingly.

Daniel frowned. "That's not what I meant."

"Oh? So what did you mean then Daniel? How else could you overcome little old me?" her eyes were glittering furiously at him, and her soft lips were tight with her emotions.

Daniel stepped back as if she had just hit him. "I can see that you are in no mood to talk right now, so I'll come back later."

"Only if you are prepared to talk to me and treat me; like a woman ... and not a child."

"Be careful what you wish for Izzy," he paused as he looked her up and down, deliberately taking his time, so that when he reached her face again she was blushing furiously. "Because you just might get it!" he warned her softly.

He walked away, and she slammed the door shut with a good deal of satisfied violence.

________________________________________

An hour later there was another light tap on her door; and Izzy opened it cautiously. "Richard!" she exclaimed in delight, as she dismissed the little knot of disappointment which settled in her gut.

Richard grinned down at her, his eyes twinkling merrily. "I said that I'd pop in for a coffee -- before I left for London."

"Well come on in then!" She opened the door wider to allow him to enter, and he followed her down to the kitchen.

"So how are you handling being on your own?" Richard asked as he sat down at the kitchen table.

"Oh, I suppose that I should be feeling lonely, but to tell you the truth, I'm loving every minute of it right now!" she smiled across at him.

Richard gave a little laugh. "Well it's certainly a change from your life back home, but do you think it's just a novelty thing? And as time goes by you'll start to get home sick?"

Izzy looked at him sharply. "Is this you asking ... or Jess?"

Richard held his hands up, and laughed again. "Alright I admit it ... Jess made me promise to talk to you on your own; away from Daniel and to make sure that you were happy and well."

Izzy frowned. "Why away from Daniel?" she asked starting to get annoyed. "I don't know about you Richard; but I am starting to feel like Daniel is getting a raw deal out of every one when it comes to me ... And to be quite honest with you; I don't like the idea of being cast in the role of Daniel's 'little victim'." she hooked her fingers as she said it, as if to emphasise the cliché.

"It's because you look so tiny and defenceless; it brings out every one's protective streak!"

"Yes, but that doesn't mean that everyone gets to slander Daniel in the process!" she argued hotly.

"It's not me!" Richard exclaimed holding his hands up defensively again.

"I know, I know," Izzy sighed, "you're just the messenger!"

"Yes ... and what's that old saying about not shooting the messenger?"

"So let's agree then that you can tell Jess, that you've talked to me on my own, and that I'm fine and happy."

"Agreed."

Richard sipped at the coffee she had placed in front of him. "We missed you at breakfast this morning..." he observed, not quite looking her in the eye.

Izzy gave a sigh of exasperation. "You really are playing everyone's errand boy today -- aren't you Richard?"

He gave a little twist to his lips. "He was very upset when you didn't show up. He came down to your cottage -- to make sure that you were alright ... and there was no sign of you anywhere ... I think that he was starting to get a little bit worried about you."

"Well as you can see, I'm fine!" she told him, stubbornly refusing to explain herself to Daniel or Daniel's proxy.

Richard had not been gone half an hour, when there was a light rapping on her front door. She opened it cautiously expecting to see Daniel looming.

"Parcel for you love!" the post man said cheerfully, holding out a small box well taped up. "Just sign here for me ducks."

Izzy signed where he had indicated, and took the parcel with a smile.

She closed the door and took it through to her living room, where she tore it open excitedly.

Inside were half a dozen books, in the latest modern romance series. "Oh wow!" she exclaimed.

There was a sealed envelope on top which she opened and took out a hand written piece of paper.

Izzy,

A small gift to say thank you

for all your help and assistance over

the last few days.

and also to say sorry for being a bully.

Yours,

Daniel.

P.S

I'm waiting outside for you -- if you forgive me?

"Oh Daniel!" she whispered with a sigh.

totallyatease
totallyatease
1,029 Followers
12