Hybrid Chronicles: Toby and Mason

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Gweall
Gweall
897 Followers

"I hate that I'm like this," Toby said, brushing his fingers underneath his blind eyes as if sensing Mason's fixation on them. "It makes me so helpless."

"I don't think you're helpless. You just need to learn how to be more confident in yourself." Mason said, brushing a lock of hair from his unseeing eyes. "It doesn't mean you have to be a cocky bastard." Mason laughed, "It just means that you have to believe that you're more than a helpless blind frog. How many of those do you see hopping around?"

"Well I wouldn't see them," Toby joked. "I could learn to protect myself," he added more seriously, "Maybe I could even protect you too."

"I'd like to see that." Mason laughed. "I can fly, you however are stuck down here on the ground." Mason shifted his wing. "If that stupid monkey hadn't grabbed my tail..." He trailed off.

"Did he hurt you?" Toby sighed, "I don't understand why my dad would do this."

"People find it entertaining." Mason shrugged. "And asking if he hurt me is like asking if a bug was hurt when it flies into a car." Mason cringed, "People can be cruel. Too cruel." He brushed his hand across Toby's face.

"Maybe I could find a way to make it stop. Maybe if people knew..."

"If people knew then there's no promise that it would get better. Your father is loaded. He could probably cover it up easily. Besides, the outside world isn't much different for us than in here." Mason looked around the dark room.

"I just don't understand how people could be like this. It's not our fault. We just got sick, we didn't ask for this."

"It's how history has always been. Even if it's not your fault, if someone doesn't like it, you'll be punished for it." Mason shrugged, "But things always get better, even if it doesn't seem like they will, it will happen...eventually." Mason rolled his eyes on the last part.

"I didn't know it was this bad," Toby said, with a yawn. "I never left the hospitals. No one but the doctors and nurses were there. My dad didn't come to see me." Toby yawned again. "I don't know what I did to make him hate me."

"You didn't do anything, tadpole. You cant control what people hate. It's not an emotion that's easy to understand." Mason said, "You're exhausted. We should get some sleep, I don't know that I'll be able to do much tomorrow as it is." Mason groaned. He nuzzled Toby's hair and smelled the delicate shampoo he used. "You smell nice." He chuckled.

Toby yawned for the third time. "I'm not tired. I like talking to you."

"Liar." Mason chuckled. "Tell you what, if I give you a kiss, will you get some sleep?" Mason asked.

Toby gasped and nodded. "I'd like that."

Mason used one of his winged arms to turn Toby's chin. He pressed his lips firmly to Toby's and licked gently at his bottom lip. He nipped at it once before pulling away with a smile.

Toby was trembling and smiling. "One more. Please?" He moved closer to Mason, seeking the man's lips.

"Greedy." Mason smiled and moved closer to Toby's lips. "This time, you have to start it." He teased the boy by staying less than an inch away from his begging lips.

Toby let out a loud, excited ribbit as his lips met Mason's. His hands explored up to Mason's ears and Toby pulled them lightly, forcing Mason closer to him as he timidly pressed his tongue against Mason's lips.

"Well damn, babe. That's a start" Mason pulled away just long enough to speak. He dived down to Toby's lips once more, enjoying the soft lips and timid tongue. "You got your kiss, actually you got three." Mason laughed, "Now sleep." Mason turned him to face towards the door again, spooning against him and kissing his neck.

Toby sighed. "That was a good first kiss." He yawned. "And second. And third. I don't think I can sleep now." Toby wiggled against Mason, but soon his sleepiness overwhelmed him. He yawned once again and cuddled against the arm Mason had wrapped around him.

"Goodnight, Toby." Mason whispered in his ear. He listened to Toby's heavy breathing and smelled his hair once more.

*********** ~~~~~~~~

Mason woke to the sound of the metal door to the room opening. He heard the heavy boots stomp across the dirt floor. He snuggled deeper into the warmth that was Toby's hair. He felt the gloved hand of one of the handlers lift his arm and pull Toby away.

"Hey!" Mason growled and sat up. He regretted his actions and felt the pain in his ribs. He grunted and laid back down, watching them drag the struggling Toby away.

"Mason?" Toby cried out.

"It'll be okay, just stay calm." Mason cried out. He watched the door slam shut and groaned as he slouched against the wall. He poked at his many bruises and cuts to make sure he was still in one piece.

"Mason." A voice spoke. Mason looked up and saw a large stag hybrid in front of him. His antlers nearly touched the low roof and his hooves clicked on the ground as he shifted from foot to foot.

"Yes?" Mason raised an eyebrow.

"What do you want for him?" He asked.

"Excuse me?"

"The toad. What do you want for him?" The stag asked.

"One, he's a frog. Two, he's not up for grabs." Mason glared at him.

"Fine, what if we just share a little? What would you want for one night with him?" He asked, puffing out his chest.

"I said he isn't up for grabs. Period. Not for five minutes not for five days." Mason narrowed his eyes.

"You can't keep him to yourself forever."

"I can and I will." Mason snapped. "Don't bring it up again or you'll find yourself impaled with your own antlers." Mason said coldly. He watched the stag huff with anger and clip clop away on the large hooves.

~~~~~~~~~~ ***************

Toby shivered and shifted uncomfortably on the metal table. The room he was in smelled like a hospital and it brought back bad memories. He did his best to follow Mason's advice, trying to stay calm. He recognized the footsteps approaching him.

"Dad?" Toby whispered. He cleared his throat. "What do you want?"

"Have you decided to stop being ungrateful?"

"What you're doing to these people is cruel."

His father moved uncomfortably close, grabbing Toby's shirt. "You have no idea what cruel is. I've been too kind to you. You've forgotten your place. You're only good for what you can provide to decent human beings. No one wants frog parts. You wouldn't last in a fight." He let out a short, derisive laugh. "But I'm sure you have to be good for something."

"You can't keep hurting people. One day it'll catch up with you."

A backhanded blow sent Toby tumbling off the examination table. "Don't make empty threats, son. After you see what I have in store for you, you'll be begging for my forgiveness."

Toby propped himself on his elbow and waited for the guard to take him back to Mason. He was afraid what his father had in mind, but hoped that Mason would make sense of it. He followed the guard willingly, for the first time anxious to return to the cold room.

*********** ~~~~~~~~

Mason heard the door open and watched t guards throw in his tadpole.

"Toby." Mason called out to the confused looking boy.

"Mason, I did it. I stood up to him." Toby held out a hand, searching for Mason.

"What are you talking about?" Mason asked. He ran his hands up and down Toby's arms to make sure he was okay.

"He wanted me to say I'd learned my lesson but I told him what he was doing was cruel. I can't leave knowing what still happens here."

"Are you talking about your dad? Toby that's great, but what are you doing back here? You don't belong down here, you could get hurt, or worse." Mason glanced at the stag he had been 'talking' to earlier.

"He's not going to let me leave here until I admit that he's right and I can't do that. Mason, if I did that I'd be just as guilty as him."

"Toby, you don't belong here! You deserve better than than this! What are you going to do if he makes you fight? Or worse! I know what you dad is like, he wants something from everyone... What does he want from you?"

"I don't know exactly." Toby shrugged, some of his earlier excitement fading. "He said that no one is interested in frog parts. Do you think he's going to make me fight? He said I wouldn't last but...that's not important, is it?"

"No, the people pay for entertainment. Watching a frog being eaten by a lion isn't entertaining enough for them." Mason rolled his eyes, he had a feeling what his father had in mind. "Toby, you have to get out of here. Just tell him that you think he's right." Mason begged.

"But.." Toby's eyes were wide and innocent. "Mason, I want to stay with you. Don't you believe in me? I can learn to fight."

"He doesn't want you to fight, Toby. There are worse things that are done down here." Mason said. "I know that you want to stay with me, I want that too, but we cant." Mason hugged him to his chest. "I believe in you, but that doesn't mean I want you to suffer like we do." Mason looked up around the room at the defeated captives.

"Mason, I've never been a strong person but with you I feel like I could be. I don't want to just let all this go unnoticed. I have to do something."

"You can do more good on the outside than in here." Mason sighed. "You're probably too strong willed for me to convince you not to stay just by telling you 'no'." Mason laughed. He got a serious look on his face. "Toby, it's not just the fights you have to worry about. Surgeries, experiments, testing, they'll harvest bits and pieces of you until there's nothing left." Mason held his hand. "In your case I think they'll force you into prostitution, porn, you name it they'll do it."

Toby shuddered. "Did they ever do that to you?" he whispered.

"No, I was lucky enough. Bats aren't the sexiest things out there, plus I bite." He chuckled at the last part. "But with that tongue.... You could bring thousands of dollars." Mason frowned.

Toby sighed in defeat and bit his lip. "Promise you won't hate me?"

"I could never." Mason kissed his lips intensely. "Just promise me you'll stay safe." Mason hugged him.

"I don't want to be away from you," Toby admitted quietly.

"I know, but the only thing I can think of that's worse than being apart is knowing that you have to live in these conditions." Mason gave soft pecks to his face and neck as he spoke.

"I'm afraid that...if I go...what if we can't be together again?"

"I don't know." Mason was honest. Both options made him want to scream. He had to leave he man he knew he was already falling for, or watch him suffer. He couldn't stand the idea of either choice. "We just have to make what time we have together count..." Mason kissed Toby's lips softly. He moved down his neck and licked at his collar bone.

Toby gasped and blushed, his skin exuding warmth. "Is that okay in here?" Mason asked. Toby whimpered at Mason's touch. "Don't care," he muttered.

Mason smiled and nipped at the skin on Toby's neck. "We can stop if you're shy." Mason looked up at his Tadpole, before moving to nip at his ear.

"Is anyone looking?" Toby whispered, pulling at his clothes as if they had suddenly become uncomfortable.

"Yes, but who the hell cares?" Mason smiled into Toby's throat, and ran his hand up the inside of Toby's thigh.

Toby grasped Mason's forearm, urging Mason's hand higher with the uncertainty that came with a lack of experience. "Mason..." Toby sought the older man's lips. "I love your hands."

"I love your everything." Mason moaned and licked and Toby's neck some more. "You're neck is so beautiful." Mason groaned.

Toby arched his back, moaning and whimpering slightly before letting out a not-so-quiet ribbit followed by a whispered request. "Touch me. I want to feel you. I can't see you, but I want to feel. Please?"

Mason smiled at Toby's request, feeling how the boy trembled at his touch. Toby fumbled with his gloves, finally freeing himself to reach for Mason's face. Mason smiled as he kissed the smaller male, sliding his hand up from Toby's thigh to his stomach. Toby moaned softly.

"Don't worry. No one will watch us," Mason whispered. "I'll keep you hidden."

"I don't care," Toby said, his voice straining with desire. "I want you."

Mason slid his hand up over Toby's chest, chuckling at his ribbits of enjoyment at stimulation on his sensitive nipples. Toby gripped Mason's shoulders, panting in his ear and grinding his body against Mason's. "Please," Toby groaned.

Mason grinned, freeing the erection straining in Toby's pants and expertly giving his tadpole all the pleasure he could with only his hands, careful to keep his wings positioned to shield his lover's body from view.

Toby fumbled with Mason's waistband, clumsily trying to mimic what Mason was doing. Mason found the innocence of it incredibly endearing. "You're doing great," he whispered.

Toby bit his lip and moaned. "Can I...uhm?" he panted.

"Yes," Mason whispered back. "Yes. Come for me."

Toby gasped and softly moaned. With a load throaty croak, his body tensed and he came. Mason pitched forward, finding his own release. He kissed Toby's hair and cheeks. Both of them had so much to say, but that moment of pleasure in the cold prison was too pure to spoil with words. In silence they kissed and tenderly touched until sleep overtook them.

~~~~~~~~~ *************

Mason woke up to the feel of Toby's soft body in his.

"Morning." Toby mumbled.

"Morning." Mason nuzzled he back of his neck.

"This is nice," Toby smiled, Mason felt the curved lips on his arm. "I wish it didn't have to end." Mason felt the smile vanish.

"I know, but it's what's better for you."Mason sighed.

"But is it what's better for us?" Toby sat up, grabbing his shirt and fumbling with the buttons.

"Yes, I don't think I could handle seeing you being touched by other men. And you would hate having me touch you after those men had." Mason sat up and pulled on his pants.

"You're probably right." Toby searched the ground blindly for his gloves. Mason picked them up and placed them in his hands. They stood still for a moment, sitting on the dirty floor. Mason leaned in and kissed Toby's lips.

"You're going to talk to your father today right?" He asked. Toby nodded silently and Mason kissed his forehead. "Good." The word hardly left his mouth when the handlers stepped in, cattle prods on and sparking. One reached for Toby's upper arm and began dragging him off.

"Mason!"

"Hold on, Toby. It will be okay." Mason called after him, he stood up and the second guard put a hand on his fuzzy chest, keeping him from his tadpole.

"I love you, Mason." Toby called out weakly as he fought to stay in the room.

"I love you, too, Toby." Mason tried to step forward but the hand on his chest kept him back. He felt tears sting his eyes and soon found himself sobbing quietly on the floor.

***************** ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Toby faced his father and tried to keep from trembling, thinking of the words Mason had uttered only a few minutes before helped. Or made it worse, he couldn't tell he was so numb with excitement.

"I'm giving you one more chance to show how grateful you are for everything I did for you." His father spoke. "You're lucky I'm so nice." He glared at his son. Toby swallowed the insults that boiled forward in his throat.

"I didn't realize how big of an ingrate I was being, thank you for everything you've done for me." Toby had to keep his head down to keep the hate that boiled in his blank eyes from giving him away.

"Good, at least you realize what an idiot you are." His father rolled his eyes.

"Come on, we have to-"

"Sir." A handler with a cattle prod ran up to his father.

"What is it?" He snapped.

"A fire has broken out, in holding pin A-47." The guard spoke. Toby felt his stomach twist in knots.

"What? How much product did we lose?"

"All of them were out except for the bat." The guard said.

"Idiot probably lit it himself and couldn't escape the flames. You would think since they were once human they would retain some shrivel of intelligence." He muttered the last part.

Toby couldn't breathe, what if Mason was dead? Mason wouldn't set the fire would he?

'Of course he wouldn't.' Toby told himself.

"I'll deal with him." His father spoke, "If it's going to start setting fire's, we'll take what we can from it and toss the rest aside." He heard his father begin walking out of the room when the footsteps stopped.

"My driver will take you back to the house, shower and get some decent clothing on. You reek like the animals. It smells like one has been all over you." He could practically hear his father wrinkle his nose.

'I have to help Mason.' Toby said mentally, as he was escorted out to the car. He felt a searing flash of light for a brief second and then it was gone.

'What the hell?' He rubbed his forehead.

"Come on." The driver growled and shoved him. Toby forgot about it and focused on his lover.

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ******************

Ben's hooves clip clopped across the floor as he tried to hide his bulking shoulders behind the door. He looked into the room and saw Mason sitting there. It had been a day since the toad had been pulled from the holding room and Mason hadn't eaten since. Ben snorted at the sulking bat. His nostrils flared and the large ears on the outside of his antlers twitched. He pulled out the box of matches out of his pocket, and picked up the gas can he had put on the floor. He sat where he wasn't scene until Mason drifted off to sleep. He gave a wicked smile and lit a the match.

**************** ~~~~~~~~~~~

Mason didn't remember the fire starting. He remembered coughing himself awake as the black smoke filled his lungs. The dry hay that served as flooring to the dark room had caught fire quickly. The room was filled with flickering reds and dense black. Mason coughed and covered his face with his wing, stretching his arm across his face like count Dracula. He felt ridiculous but was more concerned about air.

"Is anyone here?" Mason coughed, he could hardly hear himself over the roaring of the flames. He got down on his hands and knees, attempting to crawl under the smoke, but was met with burning hay. He choked and coughed as he tried to find the door. He was beginning to panic as he got lightheaded. He fell on his stomach and felt the burn of fire licking his sides. He groaned and began crawling where the wall met the floor. Mason nearly gave up when he saw the speck of light behind the smoke. He pushed himself up and collapsed outside the burning room. He coughed and choked, pulling in large gasps of air. He looked at the expensive shoes standing in front of him.

"You." The shoes spoke.

"Hey look, it's the big-man upstairs." Mason smiled up at Toby's father.

"Miscreant." He scowled.

"Douchebag." Mason raised an eyebrow and got onto his hands and knees before struggling to stand up.

"Why did you do it, scum?" He pointed a cane at his throat, forcing his chin up.

"Do what? I didn't do this." Mason looked at the fire behind him.

"A criminal and a liar." He said with a scowl.

"I didn't do it." Mason glared back.

"Get him out of my sight." The evil man in the expensive suit walked away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ *********************

Toby listened to the driver as he shut the door to Toby's side of the car. He felt his heart pounding in his chest. It was now or never, Mason needed him.

"Uhm, excuse me?" He said, once he heard the drivers side door close.

"What?" He spat, and shoved the key into the ignition.

"I forgot to tell my father something, could you take me to him please?" Toby lied. The driver sighed and climbed out of the car.

"Pain in the ass." He muttered before slamming his door and opening Toby's. *************** ~~~~~~~~~~

Mason was dragged through the halls roughly by the two handlers and was thrown into a nearly empty room. The guards shut the door behind them and picked him up by his upper arms.

Gweall
Gweall
897 Followers