I Am Aaric Stone

Story Info
An autobiography penned by Aaric Stone detailing his life.
1.8k words
7.5k
2
1
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I am Aaric Stone, Captain of The Royal Guard.

Walking the perimeter of the castle walls is never a particularly enjoyable task, especially for a Vampire of the Second Order. There are four classes of Vampires.The First Order has been gone since Dracula passed. The Second Order includes me and the King and Queen, both of whom I have known since I was turned. The Third Order is made up of Vampires that I was tasked in creating, chosen for their promising talents when they were still human. They make up our Primary Guard and Secondary Guard and are under my orders. I am under the orders of the King. The Fourth Order Vampires are the newest generation of Vampires, turned by members of the Primary or Secondary Guard, nearly human because of the significant dilution of their blood. While we can drink blood for sustenance, we find is as repulsive as the humans do. We prefer the foods that we enjoyed when we were human. Our King is Ismet Lore and Our Queen is Astara Nait.

As I was walking the ramparts of the castle and looking out over the fields, my gaze was drawn by a Guard who had his eyes closed, leaning heavily upon his spear. I immediately called to him, walking over to where he was standing.

"Guardsman! This is not leisure time. Stand straight or I will put you on privy duty!"

The Guardsman immediately stood straight and put his fist to the emblem of the Guard on his right shoulder.

"Yes Captain Stone!"

I nodded, deciding to test him further. "Lean your spear against the wall and draw your sword!"

He immediately did as asked and drew his sword, handing it to me hilt first. I began surveying its edges to make sure it was suitable in case of a siege. Once I was satisfied I handed it back. Sweeping my cape to the side, I drew my own sword, holding it hilt first to the Guardsman as protocol states that no matter your station, if you look at one's sword, you must offer them the opportunity to look at yours.

"Your station requires that you are alert at all times. You made an oath to adhere to this requirement, did you not?"

"I did sir."

"Take my blade."

He took it and swung it in well-practiced circles before he handed it back.

"It is a flawless weapon sir."

"I know." I gestured for him to hand me his sword which he did while still awkwardly holding mine. I took his blade and placed it tip first into the mortar between the bricks of the ground, pressing it into the cement. I took my own sword from him and ordered him to take a knee. "I hereby demote you to infantry duty. Your lack of alertness as the Guard of this realm has disgraced me as your Captain and put to shame the Royal Standard on your shoulder. In two weeks if you have proven that you are fit to serve with the guard, you may return to this post. Until then your sword will remain here as a mark of your shame. Clear?"

"Yes Sir!" he replied, disgraced. I nodded and placed my sword back in my sheath. Turning to walk away, I had not gotten far before I heard someone running after me. I quickly pulled out my sword and pivoted, ready for a fight. I placed my sword back in its sheath as quickly as I had taken it out, for standing in front of me was the Seneschal; Lord Ismet's advisor, I brought my fist to the crest on my right shoulder slightly dipping my head in recognition of his station as he performed the same movements.

"King Ismet orders that you meet him in the throne room."

I nodded, once again dipping my head. I lithely jumped over the ramparts of the castle wall facing the keep and hit the ground running. I knew that the King never gave orders without having an incredibly important reason.

Chapter 2

I sprinted to the throne room door and motioned for the guards to let me through. They stepped to the side, and I pushed open the door. The King was sitting in his throne head in his hands. I approached the King with the Seneschal who was to announce me.

"Captain Stone of the Guard is here as you ordered, my Liege." I took to my knee, putting my fist to my right shoulder and bowing my head as I went.

"Stand, my friend."

The voice of the King was deep and resonant, conveying his power and absolute authority. I did as ordered, again bowing my head and keeping my fist where it was.

"I need you to do a great favor for me. I need you take my wife to Darvings Cross Castle, in the kingdom of Lord Richard and Lady Sarah. There has been a threat on her life and she is no longer safe here."

"My Guard and I here are more than capable to defend you and her highness," I said, dropping my fist from my shoulder and all pretenses at protocol, having known the King since being turned and counting him among my friends. King Ismet rose from his throne, imposing at his full height.

"This is an order Captain, not a debate. You will take her to Darvings Cross Castle. You will leave now and camp in Carpenter's Clearing. She will meet you there and you will personally escort her." He turned on his heel and left. My fingers traced the facets of the emerald in the hilt of my sword for a second before I turned and left.

I went to the stable to prepare my horse for departure, knowing that I always had a travel pack ready to go in my chambers. The ebony stallion is named Fury, and he has been the most faithful steed I have ever known. He knows my moods and has a talent for keeping me out of trouble. I have known him to sense danger from a mile away, sooner than my own sharp senses become aware of any dangers.

I threw a saddle blanket on Fury and began to strap his saddle around his stomach, my mind very much on the King. My old friend could never know that I had always considered his Queen to be of considerable beauty, more radiant than any other I had rested my eyes upon. I could not tell him my plan to, at any cost, make her mine.

I put Fury's bridle on and lashed him to a post outside of the building in which I had my chambers. I dashed up the stairs, grabbing my pack and other essentials including my bow and quiver of arrows. I hardly ever carried it anymore, but on long expeditions I always preferred to have it in hand in case it was necessary. I also grabbed another sword, nearly identical to my ceremonial sword, more combat and handling friendly because of the absence of gems. I carried everything down to the horse. I tied my pack behind the saddle and slid my ceremonial sword into a hidden sheath inside the saddle, hiding the hilt behind the saddle blanket. As I got into the saddle I urged Fury into a gallop, heading through the woods. I got to a clearing and I set about building a fire, knowing that if someone were expecting the Queen to be moved they would be drawn to the smoke and flames, giving us a headstart. Suddenly I heard a sharp cry from behind me. I immediately pulled out both of my swords and did a backflip out of the saddle, just in time to block Astara's strike. She used the momentum of her sword colliding with mine to spin around completely, swiping at my torso. The move was predictable and I blocked it easily. She bounced her sword off of mine again and swiped at my other side in a feint that she turned it into a thrust instead which I quickly dodged. I grabbed her wrist and twisted it slightly, dropping my sword and taking hers, pressing the edge to her throat. She seemed to quell her immediate anger but then swiftly kicked me in my right shin and snatched her sword, bringing the hilt up into immediate contact with my skull and knocking me to the ground. Luckily I landed next to my sword and picked it up, hastily preparing myself for another round. She looked as though she would entertain me for a moment, but her personal Primary Guard, approximately fifty trained soldiers, rode into the clearing and circled around us.

I stepped toward the lieutenant, putting my fist to my shoulder in greeting but not bothering to bow my head because I was ranked above him and propriety only called for me to extend minimal courtesy. "Evening lieutenant." I said casually, trying to understand the anger that was obvious in his face. I knew that the Queen frequently abandoned her Guards in favor of riding alone, understandably causing them frustration and anger. The Lieutenant ignored my greeting and was glaring angrily at the Queen who was now sitting by the fire, sharpening her sword. Her traveling clothes were completely black with the exception of a purple feather in her riding hat. She had on black knee high boots and black leggings, as well as a black chemise that would have revealed the top of her full breasts had it not been for the presence of a black lace shawl. She had on a black cape that extended to just above the ground. I watched her for a moment, admiring the way that the curls of her ebony hair fell around her delicate face, setting into contrast her pale skin and radiantly blue eyes. Suddenly the Lieutenant came to his senses and returned my greeting.

"Captain."

This greeting was echoed around the circle of the Guard, each man putting his fist to his shoulder in a manner that showed proper respect.

"What has you so distracted, Lieutenant?" I asked.

"Nothing, Captain" He replied with a hint of disgust, and my smile curled in a cruel sneer.

"Then why are you so angry?" Immediately, the Lieutenant attempted to correct his mistake, his expression falling into one of stern concentration, showing no emotion on his face, but his correction came too late."You do realize, Drakov, that showing emotion in front of a Royal is grounds for execution do you not?"

The lieutenant flinched when I said his name, knowing that it meant he was being demoted to the level of a civilian.

"Captain, I-" "

"As Captain of the Guard I hereby sentence you to execution upon my return to the castle of King Ismet. Until then you shall be imprisoned in your chambers."

A moment of silence passed as Drakov seemed to struggle with an idea, then he turned his horse, presenting his back to me as he shouted, "Men, obey the orders from our Sovereign King Ismet, kill them both!"

Share this Story

Similar Stories

Oh Baby! What a Sitter! He was her sitter. Now he needs one, and gets something more.in Erotic Couplings
Monsters in the Mountains Jordan inherits his family's land, but it comes with a secret.in NonHuman
The Rehab Following one's dreams.in Romance
Flame of Cytherea 01 Justin finds himself on a new world.in Sci-Fi & Fantasy
Fighting Terrorism - Finding Love Two people find each other while fighting against terrorism.in Romance
More Stories