I Dreamt of You Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Kaden frowned at Charlie as she tucked one corner of her sheets underneath her new twin size mattress. "What?"

He was standing there by his bed, hands shoved into the pockets of his worn jeans. They were sharing a small room with two small twin size beds, one for each. With Charlie's height, the bed would be too small for him but he didn't seem to care much. "With Elias. I can put in a good word for you if you want." He said it so casually and nonchalantly while looking her dead in the eye.

"A good word? What do you mean?" she asked, confused.

Charlie looked uncomfortable now, as though he wished he really hadn't brought this up. He scratched the back of his neck, grimacing. "It seemed like you had a thing for him, I guess."

Kaden frowned. "What makes you think that?"

He shrugged, now looking even more uncomfortable. He wasn't looking her in the eye at all anymore. His eyes flickered towards her before looking back down boyishly. "I just saw you looking at him, so I thought I tried to help you out." He was trying to act as casual as possible, as though he were a friend, nothing more.

"Oh. No, I don't like him in that way," Kaden answered, still bewildered by him.

"Oh."

Without speaking, they continued making their beds.

*************

Darkness blanketed the room and all Kaden could see was Charlie's back, facing the wall. His breathing wasn't rhythmical or heavy yet and so she didn't think he was asleep either although he could've just been a very quiet sleeper. She thought of how she used to listen to her mother sleep, the specific noises she had. She had asthma and so her breathing was heavier and often her nose was stuffy, which could sometimes induce a slight snoring. Kaden smiled, remembering how in the morning she'd grumble at her mother for her snoring and how her mother would just feign innocence.

Her mother had been gone for three years now. She was in disbelief that three years had already passed. In moments, a second had seemed like an hour yet tallying it all up together, it had gone by in the blink of an eye. Her father was gone too but it had always been her mother's death which hit her the hardest. Mathilda was there for her and she'd always been so grateful for her friend but the lack of someone's arm around you, holding you for so long, the lack of human touch in general had made her feel so incredibly lonely.

Growing up an only child without parental affection, such as hugging or pats on the shoulder or compliments or "I love you's", there was a part of her that always remained lonely, although there was a part of her that, in some ways, had grown accustomed to it, too. She remembered doctor's visits when the doctor, usually a woman, would touch her arm or listen to her heartbeat. The touch alone made her feel more relaxed and better. The human touch could do wonders.

Thinking this, or rather possibly not rationally thinking at all, she sat up in bed, suddenly desperately needing to not be alone in this cold bed any longer. The bed was by far softer than anything she experienced in a tent but it still wasn't entirely comfortable. She pulled her legs out from under the blankets, placing her feet on the cool, hardwood floor. Chilled and apprehensive, this was by far the most forward thing she'd ever done, and despite the fact that he might be angry at her or she might get hurt, Kaden crept forward to Charlie's bed.

She tucked her hair behind her ears, eyes on his sturdy shoulders and lifted the corner of his blankets, crawling in. Immediately she felt the warmth radiating from his body and she curled towards it, placing her head on his back.

"Your feet are cold," came his voice suddenly, causing her to nearly jump out of her skin.

He turned around under the blankets to face her, her brown eyes to his brown eyes. Placing his hand on her cheek, brushing a few strands of hair away, he leaned forward to kiss her. His lips were so warm on hers, his hand so warm on her face, giving her every comfort she could have fathomed. Her mind a flurry and not thinking like she normally would, she pressed herself against him and he did the same, their bodies finding every angle and crevice to push themselves into. She opened her mouth at the same time he did and she felt his tongue enter her mouth at the same time his hand cupped her face harder.

Then abruptly, he broke the kiss. Her eyes fluttering open in a daze, she saw him smiling sheepishly at her. "You need sleep," he said gently. "And I can't control myself if we continue."

"Okay," she whispered. "Okay," she said, again, needing to regain some sanity.

.... to be continued