I Will Love You Forever Pt. 2 Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
kalamazoo707
kalamazoo707
1,662 Followers

The sad part about it was that he was right or so she believed.

Becca washed her face, brushed her teeth and crawled into the bed nude as Ty liked her.

"I want to feel and see those titties bounce." he told her once.

Becca blinked back tears as she heard Ty's footsteps approach the bedroom.

God how she hated him.

*********

Kenji, Patricia, Will and Nick sat in the living room waiting for the local police and Charles to come to the house for the interview. Patricia held onto both of Kenji's hands as if she was ready to pull him away from anyone who wanted to take him away from her.

"Kenji, take Patricia to the library for a few minutes." Will said when he saw the local police car pull up. "We'll come get you when we're ready for you."

"Why? What's wrong?" Patricia asked.

"Nothing." Nick assured her, "We just want to make sure that everyone is on the same page."

"Come Kirei." Kenji said as he stood.

Patricia hesitated and then followed Kenji into the library leaving the door open.

*******

Detective Oscar Briscoe drove up to the house and wondered how a Japanese man could afford a house nicer than the one he lived in. He also wondered why he was at the home. From what he understood, the young Japanese man that he was interviewing hadn't witnessed the shooting but was going to have two attorneys with him. His curiosity grew when he found out that there was going to be a federal government agent there as well.

He parked the car, looked around and walked up to the front door that was opened before he had a chance to ring the doorbell.

"Detective Briscoe, come in." Nick said stepping back to let the man into the living room. "The federal agent isn't here yet but should be arriving shortly."

Nick introduced Will and offered refreshments.

"No thanks but I am curious as to why there are two lawyers plus a government agent present for this interview especially if the young man has nothing to hide."

"Let's just say that we're covering our bases." Will replied.

"Southern boy?" Briscoe asked.

"South Carolina." Will replied.

"Beautiful state. I've passed through there a time or two." Briscoe replied.

"Charles is here." Nick announced and went to the door.

The two men shook hands and joined Briscoe and Will in the living room. Once again, introductions were made.

"Now that we've officially met." Nick said, "Let's make sure that we all understand what's happening here and the ground rules. We are all aware of the murder that took place at the vacant grocery store. We are also aware that there are no suspects. Kenjiro Takeda is able to give you a viable suspect but it's up to you to prove it. What that means is that at no time is Mr. Takeda to be taken into police or government custody nor is he to be interviewed without either Will or myself present. If for some reason, you need him either at the government building or at the police station, either Will or I have to be contacted first. Are we in agreement?" Nick asked.

"One more thing, " Will said, "If by some chance he is taken to either place before we get there, he is to be placed in a secured room and not with the general population, every one of his civil rights had better be honored, are we in agreement?"

"Just one question," Briscoe said, "who is this man that he has not one but two lawyers?

"Someone whose rights have been violated just because of his nationality." Nick replied, "Do we have an agreement?"

"From a government standpoint you do." Charles said.

"Oh hell... deal." Briscoe said his curiosity getting the better of him.

"Before I bring them out." Nick said, "I want you to understand something, if anything happens to them or if you renege on our agreement in anyway, you will answer to me."

The statement although made in front of Charles, was meant for the detective.

"I understand." Briscoe said.

"I'll go get them." Will said.

A few minutes later, Kenji and Patricia were sitting side-by-side holding hands as Kenji told them everything that he knew and had experienced.

"Ok, so he doesn't play nice." Briscoe said, "That doesn't mean that he's a murderer. Have you ever seen him with a gun?"

"No." Kenji replied.

"What makes you believe that he did it?" Charles asked.

"Andrew Kelley is at heart a coward. On the day of our last confrontation, a member of his group... the man that was found dead in his car, challenged him. The moment that challenge was issued, Andrew knew that he was losing control of the group. He had to make a decision as to how he was going to regain his control and keep it. Killing Milton Vaughn was the only solution." Kenji replied.

"Do you own a gun Mr. Takeda?" Briscoe asked.

"No, I do not. I hate guns and we have small children in the house."

"So if I asked to search your home and property, you wouldn't object?"

"Now wait...."

"I have no objections as long as you do not destroy anything." Kenji replied cutting Nick off. "When would you like to do this search?"

"How about now?" Briscoe asked watching Kenji's reaction.

"If you wish." Kenji replied, "I have nothing to hide."

Thirty minutes later, the house was swarming with police who were for the most part respectful of the house and its contents. Two hours later, the search was over and they turned up nothing. Briscoe kept an eye on Kenji as the house was searched and had mixed feelings about what he saw. While he liked and even admired the calm demeanor that Kenji displayed, he also didn't like it. He got the feeling that Kenji could lie through his teeth and no one would know the difference. He also got the feeling that while for the most part he was a peaceful man, if his wife, children or anyone close to him was harmed, he would be extremely dangerous.

At one point during the search, a crash came from the kitchen. Briscoe noticed that Kenji didn't respond to the crash but responded to his wife who was extremely nervous. In an effort to put her at ease, Briscoe went to the kitchen and reminded the searchers to be more careful. When he went back to the living room, Kenji had his arm around Patricia who was trying hard not to cry.

"It wasn't the tea set was it?" she asked.

"No ma'am, it was a casserole dish." Briscoe replied. "I did see the tea set, it's beautiful..."

"Can I go get it?" Patricia asked.

"Sure, I'll go with you." Briscoe offered.

Nick didn't trust him and went with them to the kitchen where an officer was mumbling something about the "Japs and niggers living better than us." as he reached for the blue tea set that Hana had given Patricia several years before.

"Donnelly!" Briscoe snapped, "Get out!"

The officer had the sense to look embarrassed when he turned around to see Briscoe, Patricia and Nick standing behind him.

"I was just saying..."

"We heard what you were just saying," Briscoe interrupted, "now get out."

He waited until the officer was gone, apologized to Patricia and began to make excuses.

"He's a good man but came home from the war with nothing...."

"My husband s family had everything taken from them during the war." Patricia said, "he went to one of those camps so don't tell me how hard it was. That's no excuse for what he just said."

"You're right and again, I apologize." Briscoe said

Nick took the tea set down and handed it to Patricia who took it from him with reverence and walked away. Briscoe watched her and understood why she had been so afraid; she thought that they were going take her husband away from her again. Unfortunately, he couldn't promise her that they wouldn't but he would keep his word and protect him as much as they could if he were to be arrested.

Now that the house was empty of police searching the house, Briscoe turned to Kenji.

"Thank you and I apologize for the broken dish."

Kenji didn't reply but gave a slight nod of his head, his light brown eyes fastened onto Briscoe's dark ones. Briscoe returned the look but blinked first and then quickly looked away before speaking.

"I think that we can rule Mr. Takeda out provided that his alibis check out."

"What alibi?" Patricia asked, "I told you that he was here with me and the children."

"I know and I understand." Briscoe replied, "But it's expected that the wife would speak in the defense of her husband. I'm not saying that you're lying, I'm just saying that wives aren't considered to be good alibis."

"He was with us!" Patricia replied panicked again.

"Kirei, it's alright." Kenji soothed, "I understand and see his point." he added.

"Did anyone see you here?" Briscoe asked.

"I do not know for certain." Kenji replied.

"What about your neighbors? Did you talk to any of them?"

"We are not close with our neighbors." Kenji replied.

A tap at the front door and the sound of someone coming in interrupted any further conversation.

"Detective, we found someone who saw him here the night of the shooting." Donnelley said.

"Who is it?" Briscoe asked inwardly glad.

"The old guy next door, he says that Mr. Takeda here and he talked about plants and about the Takeda's boy helping him with a little light yard work."

"Is that true?" Briscoe asked Kenji.

"That would be Mr. Morelli and yes we did talk that evening about those things."

"Why didn't you say something?" Briscoe asked.

"Would you have still searched our home?" Kenji asked.

Briscoe blushed.

"And you would have found out that I was here as my wife told you." he added.

"Are you satisfied?" Will asked Briscoe and Charles.

Both men indicated that they were and left the house after exchanging phone numbers. Nick peeked out of the window to make sure that the local police had really gone and sat down across from Kenji and Patricia.

"I know that you don't want to miss classes but I really think that you should stay at Abby's with the kids. Paul will take care of the school end of things but I also think that Joel and Penny should stay away from school too. If Kelley doesn't see you, he may go after them to draw you out."

Kenji closed his eyes and nodded, so many lives were being affected by the hatred that Andrew Kelley had for him.

"I will talk to Joel and Penny." he said, "It is because of me that they are in danger."

"No it isn't." Patricia said, "It's because of Andrew Kelley that they're in danger. If it wasn't us, then it would have been someone else that he would have made his targets."

"You are right." Kenji conceded as he stood up to call Penny.

**********

Twenty-one year old Isadora Waters looked out of the train window with a mixture of fear, anxiety and excitement. She was the first of her family to leave Greenville, Mississippi and the first of her family to graduate and to go to college. She held the small bag containing food in her lap and patted her pockets to make sure that the ten dollars that her family had managed to scrape together for emergencies was still there.

College was something that had always been a dream that she hadn't thought would come true but her she was on her way to California to attend UCLA. Isadora still couldn't believe how it came to be that she was leaving the state of Mississippi. The way that it had happened had convinced her that the hand of god had been at work.

She had been cleaning the office of one of the attorney's when a client from California came in and caught her looking at the law books. What surprised her was that the client was a tall, handsome, elegant looking older black man. His clothes and hair were impeccable and of the style of day.

She quickly put the book away and proceeded to continue cleaning hoping that the man wouldn't say anything to Mr. Whitman.

"Do you know how to read girl?" The man asked in a clipped voice.

"Of course I do!" Isadora snapped irritated that he would assume that she was illiterate.

"So you can read those books?" he asked.

Isadora's face flushed with anger, "I said I could read didn't I?" she snapped.

"Good, then prove it." the man said as he walked past her and took the first book he saw down from the shelf, opened it and handed it to her. "Read." he said.

Isadora took the law book and began to read the paragraph. When she reached the end of it, she handed the book back to the man with a triumphant smile on her face.

"Impressive, but what does it mean?" he asked.

Isadora hesitated for just a moment and gave him her interpretation of what the paragraph said. He didn't respond immediately but assessed her. He took down another book and opened it.

"Read." he commanded.

She read the paragraph and gave him her interpretation of it without him asking.

"Do you enjoy learning?" he asked.

"Yes sir." Isadora replied remembering her manners.

"If you could be anything, what would it be?"

Isadora didn't have to think about it, "a lawyer."

"Really?" he asked, "what kind of law?"

"Criminal law." she replied again without hesitation.

"That's very interesting." he mused almost speaking to himself, "why that area of the law?" he asked looking at her intently with dark brown eyes.

"I want our people to have representation in court and I want the Klan to be held accountable for their actions." she replied.

"Did they do something to you?" he asked.

Isadora didn't answer, she didn't want anyone to know of the shame and humiliation that she had suffered at the hands of several white boys from town and she hadn't been the only one. She also knew who had killed the Johnson's son Tyler but being where they were and the sentiment about blacks, no one had spoken up even anonymously. She was saved from telling the man none of his business by the return of Mr. Whitman.

"Noah Jackson! Why didn't you let me know you were coming?" he said shaking the black man's hand and pulling him into an embrace.

"I know how you enjoy surprises." Noah replied laughing.

"Where are you staying?" Mr. Whitman asked.

"I don't know yet, I just arrived." Noah replied.

"Then you'll stay with us!"

"George, I can't do that and you know why."

"If you're talking about Alice, she'll get over it."

"George...."

"My mind's made up... by the way, how long are you in town for?"

"A few days, I have a legal issue that I would appreciate your help with." Noah replied.

"Care to tell me what this is about?" George asked.

Noah looked over at Isadora and then back st George.

"I think that this is best discussed in private." Noah replied.

George gave Noah a curious look and then turned his attention to Isadora.

"Noah, have you met Isadora?"

"Yes, we've been chatting." Noah said with a small smile.

"Isadora, "George said, "Why don't you take the rest of the afternoon off and don't worry, you'll get your full pay."

"Yes sir." Isadora said.

She put away her cleaning supplies and headed out of the office looking around to make sure that she wasn't being followed. She made her way home without incident calling out that she was home when she entered the house.

"Package here for you." she called out when he heard Isadora come in.

"For me?" Isadora asked frowning.

"You name's on it." Betty replied as she came into the living room, "Why you home so early?"

"Mr. Whitman had a visitor and sent me home early." Isadora replied as she reached for the package.

"There's no postage on it." she said frowning.

"It was left on the porch. I found it when I went outside." Betty said.

Isadora lifted the heavy package, sat it down again and looked at it.

"Ain't you gonna open it?' Betty asked her curiosity getting the better of her.

Isadora sat next to the package and opened it gasping in surprise. The package contained several law reference books that she recognized from Mr. Whitman's office. A sealed envelope was lying on top of the stack of books. She recognized the strong handwriting as Mr. Whitman's.

"Isadora,

I am getting new reference books and thought that you might like these. I wish that there were some way that I could help you more in your education for you are a remarkable and very intelligent young woman. However, as it stands, all that I can do at the moment is give you the books that I no longer have use for.

George Whitman ESQ."

Isadora ran her hands over the books not knowing what to think or say. Apparently, he knew that she had been reading his books even though she had been careful to put them back in the exact same place that she found them in. As she touched the books, she realized that the books were probably as close to college as she was going to get.

Betty looked down at her daughter and wished that they could help her fulfill her dream but didn't say anything. What was there to say? Isadora knew and accepted the way things were and never complained about it. Betty saw the books as a mixed blessing. They obviously pleased Isadora but they were also a reminder of what she couldn't have.

"Want me to make the biscuits?" Isadora asked tearing her eyes away from the books.

"Don't you want to read your book?" Betty asked surprised.

"I can read later and besides, I still can't get my biscuits to come out like yours do." Isadora replied.

Betty smiled at her. Of all of her six children, Isadora was the one who loved to cook with her even when she was busy with school and work. The others, four boys and a girl still lived at home but were busy with their own pursuits with furthering their educations being the furthest thing from their minds.

Isadora had always been different in that she was never truly interested in the opposite sex and what little interest she had dropped to zero after that night. She never said what really happened to her but Betty had a good idea of what happened and had stopped trying to get Isadora to talk about it.

"You just work the dough too hard." she said patting Isadora's shoulder.

That conversation seemed like it had happened years ago instead of a few months ago and it was barely two months ago when she found out that she was going to college courtesy of Mr. Noah Jackson and Mr. George Whitman. The train sped through towns and cities that she had heard of but had never been to. She kept her eyes peeled to the window and watched the landscape as it raced by. It wasn't until the conductor walked through announcing the next state that it really hit her. She was leaving home. A fit of profound homesickness hit her so hard that tears sprang to her eyes and she could hardly catch her breath.

The temptation to get off at the next stop and to catch the first train headed back home almost overwhelmed her until she remembered why she was leaving and her goals. One face in particular popped into her memory. It was the face of the boy who would have been...

"Ticket!" the conductor snapped glaring at her as if he had been waiting all day instead if just arriving at her seat.

Isadora held out the ticket by the edges not wanting to touch him any more than he wanted to touch her. After he was gone, she settled back into her seat and looked out of the window until it was too dark to see.

******

Lawrence was pleased with the way things were going in California and if things continued to go as planned, he would be there in a matter of weeks. He had stopped sharing his escape plans with anyone, his cellmate included. He couldn't take the chance of something going wrong and this was going to be his one and only chance. If he failed, he was dead. He knew this with a certainty that he couldn't shake. He even knew who would kill him, Jacob Lincoln and he even knew why.

The one thing that he never told anyone was that he didn't know that the family was inside the house when it was torched. By the time he found out about it, it was too late and he wasn't even sure that he would have cared even if he had known about it beforehand. He never said anything because it gave him credibility and made him look strong and willing to do whatever it took to get the job done. That silence had now come back to bite him on the ass.

kalamazoo707
kalamazoo707
1,662 Followers