I Will Love You Forever Pt. 2 Ch. 11

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
kalamazoo707
kalamazoo707
1,664 Followers

Ernie gave Becca a rundown of the events that he thought pushed Andrew over the edge. Becca shuddered as she imagined what could have happened to her. Her parents could be mourning for her as Milt's parents still mourned him.

The last part of their conversation was more pleasant. Becca talked about the baby and was eagerly anticipating its arrival.

"It isn't his fault that his father is a murderer and a racist." She said touching her stomach. She hadn't thought about what she would say when the baby was old enough to ask about his father, she had time to think about that.

What she did decide was that she needed to follow Ernie's example and talk to her parents. She wasn't sure that she would be able to face Kenji and Patricia any time soon, but eventually she would have to. Ernie left leaving Becca alone on the porch. A few minutes later, she went into the house to tell her parents the rest of her story.

*********

Andrew perused the classifieds looking for guns. He finally decided on a forty-five because they were plentiful and the ammunition cheap. He decided to go with a private seller to lessen his chances of being recognized. As he looked through the ads, he spotted several private sellers, but they were too close to home. Whoever he bought from, they needed to be in the city or in another city.

He was also hoping that the ammunition would be thrown in with the gun in order to save money. His eyes left the ads and went to under his bed. He needed to get rid of the gun that his father had given him, but he couldn't. There was no way that he could explain its disappearance if his father should ask for it. As it was, he would have to explain the missing clip.

He circled a few of the ads that he felt met his criteria and slid the paper under his bed. It wouldn't do for his parents to find the ad and he didn't want to out and out lie to them unless he had to. Andrew changed into his pajamas and thought about the melting pot.

"Where are you?" he muttered.

He had driven by the house several times and saw no signs of activity. He hadn't physically seen them since school started and wondered what was happening. His first thought had been that another one of his group had tipped his hand, but they were all too afraid of him. He made a mental note to call everyone in the morning for a meeting. He needed to make sure that they understood that he was calling the shots.

Instead of going to bed, Andrew took out his books. It was never too soon to start studying. His goal was to take Kenji's place in the next summer program. A cold smile spread across his face as he imagined Kenji and Joel dead.

"Two less inferiors in the world." He muttered as he began to read the manual on surgical procedures.

**********

Sunday morning, two weeks after he mailed the letter and called Nick, Saul was on his way to California. His mother begged him not to go.

"What are you going to do out there?" she asked. "You don't know anybody!"

"I'll be fine." He assured her. "I have an address and if no one's there I'll make do. I left you most of the money so you'll be alright if you're careful. I'll send more as I'm able."

Lucy looked at Saul who looked older than his twenty-years and gave him a watery smile.

"You're like your father in so many ways. You remind me of him before he started drinking. You even look like him with your dark hair and green eyes. I know that things were rough toward the end, but Saul, he loved us and he would be proud of you."

Saul knew better but didn't dispute it. His father had been filled with disappointment, anger and hate by the time he died. He also knew that his father would have been far from proud of him. He didn't say any of these things to his mother. If it helped her to cope with what happened and his leaving then so be it.

After eating a hearty breakfast with his brother and sisters, Saul started out. He took the bus to the nearest city and began looking for rides heading west. What surprised him was he wasn't afraid but excited. He had always wondered what was beyond the boundaries of South Carolina and now he was about to find out.

After he got off the bus, he went to the train station to look at the fares. He could spend the money and be in California in four days or he could go with his original plan of hitchhiking which could take him considerably longer. He alternated between buying the ticket and not buying the ticket.

Three hours later, Saul was on the first train leaving for Los Angeles, California.

*******

Peter was at Hiroshi's house early Sunday afternoon. He sat at the kitchen table with Joel, Penny, Kenji and Patricia and attempted to ease Penny and Patricia's mind.

"I won't let them out of my sight and there will be a second agent in the class as well. From what understand, the class is large enough that no one will notice and if they did, they would assume that he's another student."

"What is his name?" Kenji asked.

"Trevor Edison." Peter replied. "You'll meet him in the morning. He'll be sitting toward the back of the classroom by the door. I'll be sitting in the row across from Andrew Kelly. We need to be there early so that we can be in place. Kenji and Joel, I can't stress how important it is that you follow the plan. You can't go off half --cocked and you have to stay within our sight. If you notice anything, you tell us and don't take care of it yourself. You are not to go anywhere alone; we can't protect you if you do. Are there any questions or concerns?"

"How long are you going to do this?" Penny asked.

"For as long as it takes." Peter replied. "Of course we want this resolved sooner than later, but we won't leave you high and dry."

"I do not think that you fully understand who we are dealing with." Kenji said softly. "Andrew while impulsive is perceptive. It is my belief that he will wait until he thinks our guard is down. If he does anything, it won't be for several weeks."

"Understood." Peter said. "Let's hope that he screws up before then."

After Peter left, Penny and Joel went to relieve Hiroshi and Dai of their childcare duties. Kenji and Patricia sat at the table holding hands, neither of the speaking. They had been talking with Ralph and Marie about Kenji going back to school and of the two, only Ralph seemed concerned. They were going to talk with them again after they had their nap.

"Kenji, I'm scared." Patricia said softly. "I know and understand what you want to do, but what if Andrew gets past them? What happens if you or Joel gets hurt?"

Kenji didn't know how to reassure her and telling her not to worry was out of the question. The only thing that he thought would help was to promise her that he would follow the plan.

"Kirei, I promise not to put myself or Joel in harm's way. I anticipate being home for dinner tomorrow night and every night after that. I am not going to tell you not to worry or not to be frightened, it would be pointless and it would only increase your fear. If it is possible I will try to call you to let you know all is well."

Patricia relaxed slightly. It wasn't a great solution, but it was better than nothing.

"I'm not the only one who's scared." She said. "Ralph is scared too. He's trying not to show it, but I see it every time he looks at you."

"I know Kirei. I see it too." Kenji replied. "I plan to spend extra time with him this afternoon."

Kenji stood up still holding Patricia's hand. He pulled her up out of her chair and led her toward the stairs.

"I asked Joel and Penny to watch the children so that we could have a little alone time." he said. "After this is over, Abby and your parents have agreed to keep the children for a few days so that we can go away. But for now, this will have to do."

Patricia allowed herself to be led to the room that she and Kenji shared with Ralph and Marie. They were barely in the room when Kenji pulled her into his arms and kissed her while unzipping her skirt. Their lovemaking had almost always been slow and deliberate unless one or both of them was afraid as was the case now.

Kenji backed Patricia up to the bed, pushed her back and took off her panties. Part of him wanted to bypass the diaphragm insertion and take his chances, but the practical part of him won out. It wouldn't be right or fair to Patricia if a pregnancy resulted from the one time he decided to throw caution to the wind.

Patricia cried out as Kenji kissed her pulsing clit and then slid two slender fingers inside of her. She reached under her pillow, grabbed the small box containing the diaphragm and handed it to Kenji. He took it in his free hand, removed his fingers from inside of her and opened it.

Without speaking, he spread her vaginal lips wider and slipped the device in. After he was satisfied that it was in place, he stood up and took off his slacks. His cock was fully erect and already had a drop of clear liquid on its tip.

Kenji took his cock in his hand and rubbed it up and down Patricia's slit several times before easing it inside of her. Patricia wrapped her legs around his hips and met each thrust with one of her own. It wasn't long before the rhythm set by Kenji was lost and he was emptying inside of her as she came.

Afterwards, they lay on top of the bed holding each other. As they lay there, Patricia tried to get control over her fear. She reminded herself that this was the man she had married. This was the man who defied his family and their beliefs to be with her. This was a man who had stepped up in defense of a man that he didn't know and that man was now their friend.

She reminded herself that what Kenji was going to do was nothing out of the ordinary as far as he was concerned. Slowly, some of her fear was replaced by an intense pride. She snuggled closer, kissed him and closed her eyes.

*******

Ralph kept looking toward the stairs. He knew that his papa wanted to talk to him, and it wasn't because he was in trouble. He knew that whatever it was, it was something scary. He could tell by the way his parents looked at each other. He also could tell by the way they touched each other. His papa always touched his mama's face when she was scared.

Ralph was so preoccupied that he missed most of the story that Penny was reading to him and Marie. Finally, after what seemed to be hours, he heard his parents coming down the stairs. Not wanting to be rude, he waited until the story was over before going to look for his parents.

"Ralph." Kenji said when he found them. "I was just coming for you. Come with us."

Ralph followed them to Hiroshi's study and climbed up into Patricia's lap. Normally, he would have gotten into Kenji's lap, but he sensed that Patricia needed him more.

"Ralph, as you know, I am returning to school tomorrow. I want to try to explain to you what is happening."

Ralph listened intently as Kenji explained in terms that he could understand what was happening.

"Is it the man from the car?" he asked when Kenji was finished.

"Yes Ralph, it is." Kenji replied. "We will not be safe until he is taken away."

"Is he why we can't go home?"

"Yes."

"I don't understand, why does he hate us?" Ralph asked.

"Sometimes people hate those who are different." Patricia said.

"Why?" Ralph asked confused.

"There is no simple answer to that question." Kenji replied. "Sometimes, people are taught to hate. Sometimes, it is because people don't want to learn about those who are different."

Ralph considered Kenji's explanation and then asked another question.

"Does the man hate you because you are Japanese?"

"That is the easy explanation." Kenji replied.

"Does he hate mama too?"

"This man hates anyone who is not like him or who does not believe as he does." Kenji replied. "I promise you that he will not hurt you, or anyone else in this family."

"But he can hurt you." Ralph said softly. A tear ran down his cheek as he looked at Kenji.

"Come to me." Kenji said gently as he held his arms open to Ralph. When Ralph was in his lap, Kenji kissed his head taking note that it was past time for a haircut. "Ralph, part of my job as your father is to do whatever I have to so that you, Marie and your mother will be safe. Yes the man can hurt me, but I promise to try to remain safe.

I will give you the same promise that I gave your mother. I give you my word that I will do everything possible to be home for dinner not just tonight, but every night. I would also ask something from you."

"Yes papa."

"I would ask that you take care of your mother and sister while I am away. Will you do this for me?" Kenji asked.

"Yes papa, but please come home."

Kenji held Ralph tight, kissed his head and told him that he loved him.

"I love you too." Ralph replied as he hugged Kenji back. He slid from Kenji's lap and went over to Patricia. He hugged her and kissed her cheek.

"I love you mama."

Patricia wiped away a tear, hugged and then kissed Ralph before sending him on his way.

"You'd better come home to us." She told Kenji as she wiped away another tear.

**********

Isadora was so excited that she couldn't sleep. The first day of class was quickly approaching. Jonah had already checked with her several times earlier in the day.

"I know that you're excited, but try to get a good night's rest. Remember, if you have any problems, call me and I'll take care of it. I'll check with you tomorrow evening."

Since the last phone call Isadora had packed and repacked her bag for school no less than six times and was working on a seventh when there was a tap on the door.

Bella peeked in and smiled.

"Too excited to sleep?"

Isadora grinned at her.

"I can't believe that this is really happening! I've dreamt about this, but I never expected it to happen." She said.

"I understand." Bella said as she walked into the room. "Mind if I sit?"

"I would love company." Isadora replied.

"Lenny says that you want to be a lawyer." She said, "Why that as opposed to a teacher or a doctor?"

"I like studying the law and figuring out how they could be different. When I say that, I mean I want to know how to make the law work the same way for the white man as it does the black man." Isadora replied.

"You're planning to take on the Klan aren't you?" Bella asked quietly.

Isadora didn't say anything at first, but when she did; she spoke with conviction.

"Those animals have gotten away with rape, murder, intimidation and torture. It's long past time that they start answering for it. Our people have been imprisoned for trying to feed our families and for something as stupid as not looking down when being spoken to by a white man. It isn't right and it needs to stop. Don't say that it isn't possible or that it will be hard. I know that it will be hard, but I also know that it's possible.

You, Lenny and others have decided to help our people by educating them. Others are and will become doctors, nurses and a variety of other professions, but we need legal representation so that we can pursue our dreams without fear of reprisal and prejudice."

As Bella listened to Isadora talk, she could see her standing before the Supreme Court and presenting a case before them. Jonah she realized had been right on the money with Isadora. This girl was going to make a difference.

"I think that you're going to be an excellent attorney." Bella said meaning it. "I also wanted to let you know that if you need someone to talk to, I'm here."

Isadora hesitated. She wasn't sure of what to make of the offer. She had friends at home, but they had never really talked about deeply personal things.

"I also want to tell you something, I don't know what happened to you although I have my suspicions. I want to tell you that you aren't the only one who's been hurt. If the pain gets too much for you, come to me and we'll work through it together."

Isadora stared at Bella. Had she been that transparent? She had told no one about that day and what she had to do as a result of it. It was her fuel. Whenever she was tempted to give up, she would draw her strength from it. She would share one day, but not until she was ready to let go of the anger.

"Thank you. I'll keep that in mind." Isadora said. "I'm curious about you though. I know that you and Lenny came from Arkansas, but what were you doing there?"

A look of sadness crossed Bella's face and was gone before Isadora saw it.

"There isn't much to tell." Bella said with a small smile. "Lenny and I were struggling to survive. We already had one child and I lost another. I could read and write a little, but Lenny was completely illiterate. Both sets of our parents were gone and many of our other family members moved north. They wanted us to go, but we didn't have the money and they couldn't help us so we stayed."

Isadora watched Bella as she talked. She could see the pain in her dark eyes but didn't comment on it.

"Anyway, things weren't going well. The crops were failing and we owed money. Winter was coming and we were going to starve. One day, I was out hanging wash and a car pulls up. A tall, handsome black man gets out of the car and asked for directions. That stop changed our lives. That man was Mr. Jackson.

He ended up sharing our dinner with us and asking the same question that I'm sure he asked you. What would you be if you could be anything? Both of us said teachers. The next morning, he was gone but was back before lunch. Pack up your things; you're going with me he said. Can you imagine what we thought?" Bella asked laughing.

"Probably the same thing I did." Isadora replied laughing as she remembered how suspicious she was of Lenny when he met her at the train.

"We told him that we couldn't leave because we owed money and we didn't know anyone in California. The money is no longer a problem and you do know someone; me he said. He went on to say that was offering us a chance to become more than what we were and that he was giving us a chance to help our people prosper. As you can see, we took him up on his offer."

"So Lenny is teaching and you stay home." Isadora commented.

"I'll start tutoring in a few weeks and I keep busy with the children. My other role is helping those that stays with us adjust to their surroundings and to be a listening ear."

The two women talked for several more minutes before Bella took her leave.

"You'd better get some rest; I'll see you at breakfast."

After Bella left, Isadora lay on the bed and closed her eyes. Her journey was just beginning.

*********

Andrew was up early. The scent of cooking food made his stomach rumble. He looked in his procedures book to make sure that the classifieds were still there and ran down the stairs. For as long as he had been in school, his mother always made him a first day of school breakfast.

She was just putting the hotcakes on his plate when he got to the kitchen and his father was pouring the coffee. A platter of bacon sat on the table waiting to be devoured.

"Thanks mom, it looks great." Andrew said kissing her cheek.

"You're welcome Dr. Kelly."

"I'm not a doctor yet." Andrew replied.

"But you will be." His father replied patting him on the shoulder.

For just the briefest of moments, Andrew questioned himself, but when he saw his father's missing limb; he was more determined than ever to rid the world of one more Jap. Killing Kenji would accomplish one more thing; his leadership would no longer be questioned.

"I won't be home for dinner." Andrew said as he forked the last piece of pancake into his mouth. "I'm meeting up with some friends, but I won't be too late."

Andrew could tell that his father wanted to ask about who he was meeting so he offered false information.

"You remember Ernie don't you?" he asked.

"Oh sure! Nice kid." Harlan replied falsely relieved.

"Look at the time!" Andrew said getting up from the table.

kalamazoo707
kalamazoo707
1,664 Followers