I Will Love You Forever Pt. 2 Ch. 17

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
kalamazoo707
kalamazoo707
1,665 Followers

"Not at all-but with you they seem to be all encompassing. I'm sorry, but that isn't normal. That alone tells me that something happened to you or someone close to you. At any rate, you need to get out and have fun. Why don't you come with us tonight? Ernie won't care-"

"No thanks. I want to get ahead on my reading."

"But classes don't start until next week! One night out isn't going to hurt anything," Maeve argued.

"Maybe the next time," Isadora replied. "Have fun."

After Maeve left, Isadora thought about the names on her list. She already knew who she was going to start with. She would start with the weakest of them and save the main one for last. She wanted him to be as scared as she had been. She wanted him to lose sleep as he wondered when she was going to come for him. She wanted everyone to know what he had done to her and what she had to do because of it. She wanted him to lose everything.

She stopped herself when she felt her face flush with the heat of anger and hatred. To distract herself, she went to the kitchen to see if she could help with dinner. Maybe Maeve was right, she decided. Maybe she did need a night to just relax and to do something fun. She decided that the next time Maeve asked her to go out, she would go.

***

The next week flew by in a rush. Each passing day found Patricia a little more nervous even though things at school had settled down for Niko. He loved school even though there were still some minor problems. True to her word, his teacher Miss. Nixon was fair and treated Niko like he was any other student. His favorite classes were math and science which thrilled Miss Nixon. By the end of the first week, the other students had gotten used to seeing him and were slowly beginning including him in on some of their games- especially soccer.

It was Kenji's first rotation that had Patricia in knots. It would help that she had classes of her own to go to, but it was going to be the nights that were going to be the problem. The day before he had to report to the hospital, Kenji took her out for lunch. He avoided talking about leaving the next day and concentrated on their time together and future plans. He was just as nervous as she was although he didn't admit it. He was sure that he knew what was going through her mind- the nights of sleeping and waking up alone. It was something that he thought about too. He also knew that for her, it would be worse. She had to watch him leave again.

They got home in time to read with the children before making dinner. After dinner, Kenji spent time with each child telling them what was expected of them.

"This is going to be very hard for all of us and I need you to be on your best behavior," he told each child. "Your mama is going to need your help and behaving is the best way to help her."

"When will you be home?" Niko asked.

"I will be home in five days," Kenji replied. "I know that it seems like a long time, but I will call every evening to say goodnight and to tell you that I love you."

To Niko he had special instructions.

"I want you to help your mama with Marie. Read to her and play with her while mama studies. Can you do that?"

"Yes papa," Niko replied.

His conversation with Marie was in a different direction.

"Pretty one, I expect you to obey your mama in all things. I don't want to hear that you have misbehaved. Will you give me your word that you will be a good girl?"

Marie bit her lip and hesitated for several seconds before answering. She knew that if she said yes, she would be expected to do as she promised. Like Niko, she had seen Patricia cry, but it didn't affect her in the same way. She always felt badly when Patricia cried but not as badly as Niko. What made her feel the worst was she thought she had done something to cause the tears. That was never the case and Patricia made sure that she knew it.

"Sometimes I think about something that makes me sad," Patricia told her. "You, your brother and your papa make me happy."

Marie looked at Kenji and made her promise.

"Yes papa," she finally said. "I promise."

After the children were tucked in, Kenji took Patricia to bed. His bags were already packed and out of sight. She was crying even before they were settled.

"I'm sorry," she said through her sniffles. "But this is too much like when you left before."

"I know, but Kirei; it is also different. I had no choice before and something good will come of this. When I am through I will be able to provide for you and our children without help. Do not misunderstand me, I am grateful for all of the help that we have received, but I am ready for us to be self-sufficient. I am long past ready to take care of my family."

"I know that, but it still feels the same," Patricia replied.

"This first week will be the hardest,' Kenji said. "After that it will get easier. I've stocked up on notebooks so that we can write about our days and I promise to call you every night."

"You'd better," Patricia said making an effort to tease. "And stay away from those pretty female interns."

"That will not be an issue," Kenji replied pulling her tight against him. "There is and will always be only you."

He kissed her nose and then her lips murmuring softly against them.

"You are my Kirei. Everything that I have done and will do is because of you. I belong only to you."

Patricia reached down between them and gently stroked Kenji's erection. He made love to her until she couldn't move. As she fell asleep, he sang softly in her ear.

"I remember that song," she said sleepily.

"Then you remember how it ends."

"You came back."

"I will always come back," Kenji replied and resumed singing.

The next morning, Hana, Nick and everyone else came over for breakfast to send Kenji off and to spend the day with Patricia and the children. As soon as she had a free minute, Patricia circled the day that Kenji would be home on the calendar.

"By the way," Abby said as she helped clean up the kitchen. "I'm staying over that way you can use my car to get to classes and I can help with the children."

"Abby..."

"No arguments. I'm glad to do it."

"Thank you."

"I can take you to school and pick you up if you aren't comfortable with driving," Nick said. "It isn't much out of my way and you only have classes a couple of days a week."

"Do you mind?" Patricia asked.

She knew how to drive, but she didn't want to be responsible for someone else's car.

"I don't mind at all," Nick replied with a smile.

"I think that I would prefer that option," Patricia replied.

"Then it's settled," Nick replied. "I'll pick you up around seven which will get you there in plenty of time for your classes and me to work on time."

Nick, Hana and Patricia's parents stayed for dinner and then Nick took them home.

"I'll see you Tuesday morning at seven," he called as they left.

Kenji called just before the children's bedtime and spoke to them and then Patricia.

"I'll call you a little later after the children are settled."

Patricia tucked the children into bed, changed clothes and made Abby sleep in her and Kenji's bed.

"I won't sleep anyway," she told Abby when Abby tried to refuse.

An hour later, Kenji called. Patricia smiled at the excitement in his voice.

"The rooms are small, but I will survive... Kirei, I miss you and the children."

"We miss you too- so what are you doing tonight?"

"Aside from missing you I'm going to start writing in my journal. Kirei, make sure that you get your rest."

"You too- I'm going to start my journal tonight too."

"I look forward to reading it," Kenji said.

"You have to be up early don't you?" Patricia asked. "Maybe you'd better get ready for bed."

"I will be fine-I don't want to hang up."

"Neither do I, but Kenji you have a grueling schedule ahead of you. You need to sleep."

"You are right- Kirei, I love you. Kiss the children for me."

After they hung up, Patricia wiped away a tear and began to write in her journal.

***

Mai Kabata sat on her cot exhausted. The trip from Boston, Massachusetts to Los Angeles by train had been exhausting in more ways than one. For one, there were those who seemed to have forgotten that the war had ended and then there were those who thought that she was Korean. It was easier to feign ignorance of the English language than to explain the differences between the two groups. She realized that even if she had tried to explain; it wouldn't have mattered.

It wasn't long before she was wishing that she had taken her father up on his offer of a berth, but it was too late to change anything. She did her best to remain inconspicuous and to read her medical journals. She slept little during the long trip and was more than ready for her bed.

The acceptance letter from UCLA had come as a welcome surprise. What made it even better was that her sister lived in the city and she could stay there rent free when she was off rotation. She slowly got up, looked around the small sleeping room. She was tempted to put off unpacking, but she needed clothes for the morning and she still needed to call her father and sister to let them know that she had arrived safely.

After thinking about it, she decided to make the phone calls first. That way she could get back to the room and be in for the rest of the night. She tried to remember where she saw a telephone and groaned when she remembered that it was on the bottom floor.

"Damn it," she swore as she put her shoes back on.

She thought about waiting until the next day, but her family would be worried if she didn't call when she said she would. She looked longingly at the small bed, grabbed her purse and headed to the lobby where she had seen the phone.

All of the phones were in use so she settled in to wait. The softly accented voice of the tall man using the phone closest to her caught her attention. Her heart leapt with excitement when she realized that the accent was Japanese. When she heard the term 'Kirei', she knew that she was right. She hadn't meant to eavesdrop, but it was nice to hear the voice of a countryman.

She wondered who he was talking to with such affection. It had to be a woman if he used the word 'Kirei'. Mai thought about her own betrothed Shotaro. She liked him well enough, but she didn't love him. The good thing about him was that he had no problem with her becoming a doctor. He was a resident at a Boston hospital and would be finished in a few months. The plan was that they would marry as soon as she was finished her residency. After that, she would transfer back to Boston and get a job there. The thing that she wondered about was why Shotaro didn't have a problem with her going to the other side of the country. To her it was a confirmation of the fact that he didn't want to marry her. In the end, she decided that it didn't matter. It gave her time to think about getting out of a marriage that she didn't want. She looked away and pretended that she hadn't been listening when she heard the words "I love you and kiss the children for me."

After he hung up and turned toward her, Mai's breath caught. It wasn't his height or looks that caught her attention, it was his presence. He exuded confidence and a quiet dignity that she had always liked in a man.

"Ohayo-hello," she said with a slight bow.

"Ohayo," Kenji replied after recovering from his surprise.

"I am sorry if I am being forward, but I did not expect to meet another Japanese intern," Mai said after a few seconds had passed.

"I am Kenjiro Takeda, welcome."

"I am Mai Kabata. I have just arrived from Boston."

"It is nice to meet you and please, if you need assistance with anything, let me know," Kenji said with a polite smile. "Now if you will excuse me-"

"Of course," Mai said. "I will see you in the morning."

Mai watched Kenji walk away wondering who the lucky woman was. Shotaro had never told her that he loved her or called her by anything other than her name. But then, she never called him by anything than his name either. The bottom line was that he loved her no more than she loved him. What she didn't understand was why it suddenly bothered her.

She called her father first because of the time difference. She was more acutely aware of how curt and abrasive he was after hearing Kenji talking on the phone and then actually talking to him.

"I have safely arrived," she said quietly when her father answered the phone.

"Good-I do not need to remind you that I was against you going so far away when you were accepted at the same hospital Shotaro is."

"Yes father."

"To be truthful, I do not understand why he agreed to this."

"Yes father," Mai said when what she wanted to say was that it was because he didn't love her.

"You are to spend your free time at your sister's home and not socializing. Is that clear?" Her father demanded talking to her as if she was a child.

"Yes father," Mai replied.

A few minutes later, the phone call was over and she was talking to her sister. She knew within the first few minutes of the conversation that her sister was going to be her father's spy. She wasn't as free as she thought she was. After making arrangements to be picked up at the end of the week, Mai hung up and went back to her room.

***

The next morning, Kenji was up early so that he could call Patricia before he started his day. He checked for his pens that she had given him and put the engraved stethoscope around his neck. Last, he put on the white lab coat and headed to the phones. On the way there, he met Mai who looked lost.

"Are you looking for the cafeteria?" he asked.

"Yes, I haven't had a chance to explore my new surroundings yet," Mai replied.

"I understand," Kenji said. "If you will give me a moment to call my wife and children, I can take you to the cafeteria. I am going there as well."

"Thank you," Mai said.

She stood back and listened as Kenji spoke to someone in low soft tones. A moment later, the tone while still soft had changed. It had taken on an almost erotic quality in that the pitch dropped a notch. Mai knew that he was now talking to the woman who had to be his wife.

"Did you sleep well?" he asked. "Yes Kirei, I did and I wrote two pages in the journal... You did? I cannot wait to read it...I am going now... yes... I love you too."

As she listened to Kenji talk, Mai realized that even if Shotaro loved her; he would never talk to her as Kenji had just spoken to his wife. Kenji intrigued her enough that she wanted to know more about him.

"Are you ready for breakfast?" Kenji asked when he was through with the phone call.

A short time later, they were in the cafeteria. She followed Kenji through the line and to a table where several other interns sat. She was impressed with the way in which they seemed to accept him.

"It's too bad that Joel and Penny had to go east," one of them said between bites of egg.

"Yes, but they are adjusting to New York," Kenji replied. "Please allow me to introduce a new colleague. This is Mai Kabata. She arrived from Boston last night."

Kenji introduced the others at the table to Mai and ate his breakfast. One of the things Patricia was concerned about was that he wouldn't take time to eat. He had his fork partway to his mouth and stopped. He missed her and the chatter of the children. He forced himself to finish eating and participate in the conversation.

"How do you know them?" Mai asked as they walked to the conference room for their assignments.

"I graduated from UCLA," Kenji replied. "Some of those at our table graduated with me."

"It must be nice to have friends already," Mai commented looking up at him.

"You will soon make friends," Kenji said reassuringly. "When we have time, I will take you on a tour of the campus if you wish."

"I would like that," Mai replied.

****

The week couldn't go by fast enough as far as Patricia was concerned. It felt as though it had been a month instead of a week. Niko was standing watch by the window ready to sound the alarm as soon as he saw the car. He had so much to tell Kenji and like Marie and Patricia; he could hardly wait.

"Mama! Papa's home!" he yelled and ran to the garage.

As soon as the car was parked and Kenji got out, Niko tackled him almost knocking him off balance. Marie was next, crying out for him as she ran toward him. That told Kenji that the little girl had indeed kept her promise to behave. Patricia stood by the door watching and waiting her turn. Finally Kenji was done with greeting the children.

"I smell dinner," he said with eyes glued on Patricia. "Niko take your sister inside and get ready for dinner. I need to greet your mother."

Patricia's body tingled as she returned Kenji's gaze. As soon as the children were indoors, Kenji was in front of her in three long strides and hugging her. Patricia bit back a moan as he rubbed against her.

"Do you feel how much I've missed you?" He asked.

"I missed you too," Patricia replied as she cupped his ass in her hands and squeezed. "I have a surprise for you."

"What is it?" Kenji asked as he nuzzled his nose in her hair.

"Well, Abby is coming back later to sleep in our room. We're going to spend the night in the basement. It's already set up with water and everything else that I can think of including sugar cookies."

"Will there be a night gown for me to remove?" he murmured against her lips.

"Maybe," Patricia teased pressing her lips against his. "We'd better get inside. Dinner is ready."

"Have you been a good girl?" Kenji asked Marie as they ate dinner.

"Yes papa," Marie replied. "I helped mama clean the house and bake cookies."

"That is good pretty one. Thank you for keeping your word."

"Niko how is school?" Kenji asked.

"I like my teacher," Niko replied, "and the others are starting to let me play with them."

"I am pleased to hear that," Kenji replied.

"Papa? What is it like? Being a doctor I mean." Niko asked.

"I am not really a doctor yet," Kenji replied, "but I aside from missing all of you, it was an enjoyable week."

"I think that I want to be a doctor like you and mama," Niko announced.

"It is a lot of work," Kenji said, "but when you are ready to decide we will help you."

"I already know," Niko insisted. "I want to be a doctor like you and mama. I have a new friend too," Niko added as an afterthought.

"What is the name of this friend?" Kenji asked.

"Florrie Lane. She was in the first class with me-she was the first one to be nice to me. The other's pick on her, but I don't."

"Why do they pick on her?" Kenji asked as he took a bite of pie.

"They call her names like fatso and four eyes," Niko replied. "But I like her and try to get the others to leave her alone."

"I am glad that you have each other," Kenji said. "Niko, take your sister and pick out some books. I will read with you before it is your bedtime."

"Dinner was delicious," Kenji said as he helped Patricia clear the table.

"That's because you're tired of cafeteria food- is there a refrigerator available?"

"There is, but from what I understand; no one respects the property of others. But I appreciate the thought."

"I can at least send things for you to snack on," Patricia replied. "We've been busy making sugar cookies for you and I can send back sandwiches this time too."

"I don't want to talk about going back; I just got home," Kenji said

Patricia realized that she was already mentally preparing herself for Kenji's leaving again instead of fully enjoying the fact that he was home. The next four days would pass quickly enough.

"I'm sorry- I'm already preparing myself for when you have to leave again. Why don't you go read with the kids and I'll finish up here."

"It will go faster if I help you," Kenji replied. "I want you with me when we read to the children. What time is Abby coming back?"

kalamazoo707
kalamazoo707
1,665 Followers