If Not This Lifetime

Story Info
There is always a happy ending, right?!?
2k words
4.21
6.4k
10
Story does not have any tags
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

~~~Thank you for taking the time to check out my story submission. I have been a long time reader of the site but this is my first attempt at creating something that, I hope, will be as entertaining as many of the stories on here. This is only a sample because I wanted to drop a line out to see if it was even worth continuing. I do not currently have an editor so hang in there as I am bound to have mistakes. Again, thank you for thinking of reading and please feel free to comment and give feedback. What is the point of writing for entertainment if you cannot entertain anyone?~~~

______________________________________

"That is enough!" bellowed the tired sounding Alpha. His deep voice echoing off of the walls of the meeting hall and spreading an instant hush over his assembled clan. "I know this is not easy to hear but it is my burden to see that you are all looked after and since I can no longer do it nor will one of you step up to challenge me for the right to do so, I have to make other arrangements." The Alpha's eyes slowly scanned over his clan, his family, and his friends as he did his best to send out as much comfort as possible while his strength still remains. "I have come to an agreement with the Alphas of the neighboring families as well as one that is across the country just in case some of you do not wish to remain anywhere near this area. You will be given the chance to meet each one and make your choice by the end of the week." Mumbles rumbled throughout the hall for a moment before being interrupted.

"What of those that do not wish to leave our land? What of those that do not wish to join with another family or meld with another Alpha? Do we not have a say in the matter? Are we to be separated and sold off like cattle?" The owner of the voice stood toward the back of the hall. She would be completely hidden if it were not for the others around her moving away in disbelief of her tone with the Alpha. A sigh escaped Alpha Branson as his eyes met the gaze of his niece's daughter. At only 5'4", Wynonna was easily dwarfed by others. She small frame the result of being the runt of the litter consisting of two boys and a girl.

"This is not the time to be so outspoken, Wynonna. This whole ordeal is hard enough on everyone as it is. Do not make it harder for them by causing unnecessary tension." The Alpha's tired, grey eyes studied the piercing green of the tiny female. Wynonna's fists slid from her

hips at her Alpha's mental scolding.

"This is not fair! This is all I have of them and you wish to give it all away? How could you?" Her voice was trembling as she barely finished her outburst without it cracking. Tears blurred her vision as she turned and stormed out of the meeting hall.

"Halt! Wynonna, stay so we can discuss this further in my office." Her whole body shivered as she pushed past her Alpha's mental touch. Reaching the front steps of the main living house, she tore off her clothing and took off toward the forest, giving way for her other nature to take over. Feeling the link snap shut, Alpha Branson lowered his head. His eyes were closed as he sent up a silent plea for powers above to calm his great niece. "That will be all for now, we all have a lot to consider. You all should get some rest. Tomorrow we will start the process of visiting with the other Alphas so that you can see where you would like to relocate to."

The meeting hall slowly emptied, members chatting amongst themselves about this new turn of events. Each saddened at the fate of their beloved clan.

As the last of the members left the hall, Alpha Branson let go of the banister that was holding him up. Taking a seat in the nearby chair, he rubbed his head slowly. "Oh Luna, please give me enough time to see them off into safe homes. I will gladly come to you as soon as it is done."

**

The sounds of frantic forest life rang throughout the area, as tiny critters of all types fled from the path of the little female mountain lion. Her breathing was coming in loud pants, her padded paws pounded the earth beneath her. Sticks, leaves, and puddles all making noise as she pushed herself onward at this punishing pace. She needed to be able to rationalize the situation. She needed to come to terms with her emotions and be there for her great uncle but it would be easier said than done. Deep in the clan's territory, she come to rest upon the side of a small creek. Her paws spreading out and back again, working the dirt up under her toes as she unsheathed and sheathed her claws. Not realizing she had gone so far that quickly, she slowly lowered herself down onto her belly in the cool dirt, stretching her head forward to take a few quick laps of water before falling to lay on her side with a tired sounding huff that sent up a tiny puff of dirt.

"This is not right. It should not be happening." The little female rolled over onto her back, her tail swishing from side to side lazily in the dirt while she tried to work through her mind. "How can it be so easy to give up a place that everyone has such a deep connection to? Surely there has to be another way. The clan is strong. Once Uncle...... steps down, we do not need to leave our home. We can survive just fine without melding to another Alpha. I can survive without melding to another." She scoffed at this thought. "I'm sure others have done it." Her mind flashed back to conversations she overheard her Uncle having on the phone about stray rogues and shuttered. "Ok, I'm sure it is possible to do it and not have to be hunted like a wild beast." Sighing, she rolled to her feet and shook the dirt out from her fur. Still letting her thoughts cloud her mind, she strolled slowly up the creek until she come to a small den at the base of a huge drop off. Wading across the creek, she sniffed at the entrance of the dark void. Mental flashes started playing across her mind as she sat back on her haunches and glanced around the area.

** She saw flashes of the tall grass, the looming trees. Images of her two brothers, Anthony and Kaiden, bouncing around along with her and their mother. Sometimes rearing up and swatting at the mother's tail as they traveled back toward the compound. She remembers the scent of her mother's fear just before she heard the sounds that made her tremble where she stood. While traveling back home, they had managed to sneak up on a momma bear and her cub without realizing it. The last thing she remembers seeing is her mother's paw kicking her backwards, making her slide back and down into an old skunk hole. Her mother's voice almost frantic as she tells her boys to follow their sister. They never come down the hole. The forest filled with a loud roar and a shrieking cry. Growling, hissing, whimpering, stomps, and thuds followed. It seemed to last for hours in her mind before things grew deathly silent. She waited; nothing happened. Daring not to move, she gave a chirping cry for her mother but an answer never came. She did not move until she smelt a familiar scent. Creeping out of the hole, she was met by the nose of her great uncle. He spoke no words to her but kept her shielded from the area with his body as he ushered her quickly back home to the compound. **

Wynonna stood, giving her body a shake, as the black fur that lined her eyes grew moist with a few tears that escaped. Knowing good and well that all traces of the scents she once knew were gone, she still lowered her head and sniffed at the area. She was struggling between rational thought and the desperate desire to cling to the last place she had been with her mother and siblings. With blurred vision and her head hung in defeat, the little mountain lion turned tail and forced herself back toward the compound. The last rays of light were giving way to the thick blackness of night as the main house come into view. Outside, on the porch, the familiar scent of her uncle awaited her. They greeted each other silently, heads extended forward to sniff noses. Their whiskers mirrored each other as they flexed forward in greeting. Her uncle was getting weaker by the day, it was obvious his feline body was wasting away. His black facial markings were mostly grey now, matching his eyes. The overall coloring giving him a cloudy appearance. Wynonna rubbed her body down along the side of her uncle's, allowing a faint purr to rumble in her throat. She really did love him and meant no disrespect by her outburst.

"I am sorry, Unc." She rubbed her head against his, licking a rough spot just behind his ear.

"Do not dwell on it, Smidget." His voice was like a warm caress in her mind. "The important thing is that you are ok and truly understand that this is the way things must be. I know what it is you are clinging to and it is not necessary for you to give it up." Wynonna's head lifted, ears forward in peaked curiosity. "I was approached earlier this morning about the possibility of a private buyer purchasing most of our land for personal use. I had considered splitting it up between the surrounding Alphas but could not stand the thought of our home being torn down. The gentleman said he had heard through the grapevine that our clan was....d-dissolving.." Branson made a coughing sound to collect himself. The last thing he needed was to break down here out in the open. "He assured me that he had no ill intention toward the buildings or the land. He just needed a large piece of privacy for himself."

"I thought you said I would not have to give it up." Wynonna whined as she lowered her body to the porch, her ears folding back against her head. Branson licked the top of her head affectionately. "Smidget, the man will be coming here tomorrow to take a look around the place while most of the clan is off visiting the other Alphas. If he is truly interested, maybe it would be possible to work out an arrangement for you to spend some time in that forest you cherish so much."

"Who is this man, Unc? He is an Alpha from nearby? How else would he hear about what is going on? How do you know that he can be trusted?"

"Do not worry yourself over such things right now, child. It is getting late and tomorrow is sure to be hard on everyone. Take yourself inside and get some rest."

"Yes, Uncle."

Wynonna padded inside and toward the back of the compound to her room. Shifting to her human form, she entered her living space and quickly crossed her room into the bathroom to turn on the shower. It didn't take long for steam to fill the cool, tiled room. Stepping inside and beneath the water, she let her mind carry her away with thoughts of what tomorrow's events would bring for her and her family and the mysterious male that was coming to meet her uncle in the morning.