I'll Take Care of You

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Eventually, she rose out of bed. I lay there, my mind and body both utterly exhausted.

"You look so tired. Sweet dreams, Shar."

As she turned to go, I felt a sudden irrational fear that she was leaving forever. I jumped up and grabbed her arm, hugging it to my chest.

"Wait, Nat. Don't leave...Don't leave yet. Can you..." My voice lowered gradually until it was practically a whisper. "Can you stay with me? For just a little longer?"

I felt like I was a little kid again, asking to sleep with her parents after a nightmare. She smiled at me indulgently.

"Okay. I'll keep you company."

"You're a mess," she added, shaking her head.

She didn't even bother to get undressed as she slid into bed. I snuggled against her, resting my head on her shoulder. She combed her fingers through my hair, straightening the tangles. Her other arm wrapped around me and held me close. I clung to her tightly.

"Nat, please don't leave, ever."

I didn't see how she could even breathe, much less leave, with my crushing hug, but I held on almost desperately.

"Shar. I'll always be here," she said, humoring me.

Feeling absurdly comforted by her silly promise, I lapsed into an unworried sleep.

-----------------------------------------------

Author's Note: I apologize if this story strikes you as really bad. I've rewritten and reread it to the point where I can't edit it effectively anymore. But I liked the premise, so I didn't want to scrap it entirely. At the very least, I'll look back on it in a few months and hopefully see that my writing has improved :) If you have any comments, suggestions, or feedback please do let me know.

------------------------------------------------