Imperfect Ch. 09

Story Info
Nicole feels suffocated.
2.2k words
4.67
7.5k
1
0
Story does not have any tags

Part 10 of the 14 part series

Updated 11/01/2022
Created 12/06/2004
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

How and when had Kale managed to hijack my social life? Or was it only myself I had to blame. My mother used to say, "No one can do anything to you if you don't let them." Great, nothing like mom to add a little guilt when I'm already feeling bad about myself.

What was worse, I hadn't painted in ages. And I found that when I did get time alone, the inspiration just wasn't there. I'd splash my paint across the canvas to rid myself of the dreaded blank page syndrome and still- nothing.

Sometime I would just pull out a clipping from my files and try to draw it just as it was, but even that just didn't turn out. My sketches were pathetic, and barely even resembled what they were meant to be. I felt that a fourth grader could have done better with crayons.

Kale couldn't understand why I was getting moodier and moodier. Should' t I have been happy to be with him? Hadn't I enjoyed all the places he had taken me, all the things we had done together?

I had a hard time explaining, because he just didn't seem to understand my need for friendships beyond him. He had friends but they were all what I would have called acquaintances. People you speak to when you see and ask about their families, but other than that you rarely even think of them.

Finally, my moods, his inability to understand, and our constant togetherness got the better of me. I exploded in a fight over which dress he wanted me to wear. It was stupid- but I had so much pent up frustration, it didn't matter. We called each other all the names we could think of, and he stormed out in anger. "Don't come back!" I yelled after him, and our plans for the night were canceled.

I stood there in the dress that I had chosen. Fat lot of good it had done me to wear what I wanted- now I was literally all dressed up, but I had no were to go. I threw myself down on the couch to feel sorry for myself. What had gone wrong?

The phone rang, and I thought it was probably Kale, calling to apologize or maybe just to have the last word.

"What!" I snapped into the phone.

"What did I do to deserve that?" a hurt male voice said on the other end. It wasn't Kale, it was Lin. I couldn't take it anymore. I just burst into tears.

"I'll be right over," he said. And hung up the phone. I continued holding the phone and sobbing. Before I even realized that enough time had passed, he was standing outside my door and knocking gently.

I let him in and he scooped me into his arms and tried to decipher my blubbering. I couldn't paint, none of my friends where talking to me and it was all my own fault, I'd had a fight with Zoë, Kale was suffocating me, and now he was gone too.

Lin's chest felt so sturdy as I cried into it. His warm familiar aroma soothed me and I could feel myself calming down some as he stroked my hair.

"There, there," he said patting my back protectively. "Calm down, it will be ok. Shh. Sh." His calming voice washed over me, helping me to gather myself together.

"Oh!" I cried, looking up at him and realizing what a mess I was. "Oh god, I'm so embarrassed. Did I ask you to come over? I'm so sorry- I shouldn't have-"

"You didn't," he assured me. "I called you. I came over because I was concerned."

"Oh! But I don't want you to see me this way," I cried out, wondering why it mattered and if I should have said it out loud.

"Don't be silly. It's fine. You need somebody, and I'm the only one here right now. It's no trouble; it's the least I can do for you. You might not believe this Nicole- but I do care about you."

I bristled. I didn't believe it. Or rather, I wanted to, but I didn't dare. I looked up at him, brushing my tears out of my face. I couldn't believe I was crying in front of him. Letting loose all my sadness and frustration. Letting myself fall apart and become a mess before his very eyes.

"I must be a mess," I said, turning away to get some tissues.

"You look beautiful," he said pulling me back around. "As beautiful as ever."

"What-" my voice caught in my throat. Our eyes locked. Was he taking advantage of my moment of weakness? Did he mean anything that he said? I wasn't sure, but I was even less sure that it mattered. I called to him with my eyes and he lowered his lips to mine. The kiss was soft, a soothing balm to the storms of the world.

"Just hold me," I breathed.

He grasped me close in a tight embrace. I let the tension just drain out of my body. His arms felt like home wrapped around me and I wondered why I had resisted him for so long.

"Take me to the bedroom," I whispered.

"Are you sure?" he asked me sounding reserved.

"No, I'm not sure of anything. Just take me. Please."

He lifted me, the skirt of my white dress hanging down his arm like the wing of a swan, and carried me into the bedroom like a groom caries a bride over the threshold. He laid me down gently on the bed and began kissing my neck. I kissed him back, unbuttoning his shirt with my shaking unsteady fingers. His neck was vaguely rough, as though he shaved yesterday but not today, and the woodsy scent of his cologne drew me in further. Was it him or his scent that I couldn't resist? There was no separating the two.

My lips traced down his chest. Like mine, not perfect but beautiful nonetheless. The brown hair from his head repeated itself over his body in a pattern of soft curls. He had the body of a man, there was nothing boyish about it. His nipples were hard, standing out from his well toned pecks. I flicked my tongue across them and kissed them as well.

He slid down the zipper in the back of my dress and slipped it away from my body in one stroke. His kisses burned across my shoulders, and he pulled back the straps of my slip. I felt a shiver go threw my body as his hands trailed my back, removing this next layer of clothing.

And still I had on a lacy bra and panty set. Three layers of white, as if I were indeed a bride on this night. Something inside me almost felt as if I were. It was like a wish, but without the pain of longing. A wish fulfilled. Perhaps I was deluding myself, but the moment felt perfect, and everything else just melted away.

I pulled away Lin's shirt and dragged my nails lightly across his back, down to his waistband and around front to unfasten his fly. I could already feel his arousal, and sense his internal struggle. This was what he had been after for so long, so why was he holding back.

"I don't want to do anything that you're going to regret," he told me, pausing my progress on his jeans.

"I regret a lot of things right now. And I don't know how I'm going to feel tomorrow, but right now, this is the only thing that feels right to me. Whatever happens, I won't hold you responsible. This is my decision. This is what I want, Lin. Please. I need this now."

He sighed, a long and deep shutter of a sigh. I felt him letting go, giving in to his own temptation. He let go of my hand and let me finish unzipping him. As I slid his jeans down off his ass, I heard him growl- a primal growl of pleasure that would not be denied.

I could feel the same desire burning inside of me. I rolled on top of him, feeling him, tasting him, enjoying the sensation of our bodies pressed close- separated only by our underwear. There was something innocent in this, that last moments before we became naked together. And innocent and unbound joy. My body was in love with his, and I felt the reciprocation.

I let him remove the last layer of clothing from our bodies. His hands were deft. There was pleasure in the feel of his touch over my body. The touch, almost incidental for it's purpose was not to thrill me but to unwrap the present that lay for him beneath. My hunger grew with every moment.

At last, we were naked, skin to skin. He rolled me back to the bottom. He kissed me again, this time taking my breath, and returning it with his soul. I felt tears inside me again, threatening to well up but they were tears of joy. The feeling of connection with him was so strong that when he entered me, I felt a wave of pleasure that seemed to come from beyond the body, to an astral plane where we were together as closely as we were on this one.

Perhaps I was delusional, all the blood had drained from my head along with my tears. Maybe my need outweighed my common sense, my judgment and my rational mind.

His body moved over mine, sensing my yearning, my need for something to fill the void that was threatening to engulf me. I was overwhelmed by life, and now by my long held back need to be with him like this. The music played, our bodies danced. I could see colors and lights celebrating our union. Every voice that should have told me that it was wrong, had deserted me, went elsewhere, as if on vacation.

There was just the two of us, at last together. His weakness filling my need. I let myself believe that he felt what I felt. That this union was a union of souls, long overdue and at long last come to pass. And when I called out because I was falling, I knew with certainty that he would be there to catch me, and he was.

I came crashing back into my bed, into my body, into his arms beneath him. I felt him releasing his tension within me as I was calling out with my climax. It was nearly perfect, almost simultaneous, and still a joy.

Yes, he was there to catch me. And he held me as we fell asleep together, needing no words. And when I woke in the morning he was still there, beside me with his arms wrapped around my torso. I felt protected and cherished, almost as if I had never been the tough jaded woman that had built the wall that had held him off for so long.

I shook him gently awake. "Lin- Lin, do you need to get home?" I whispered without accusation.

"No, she's at her mom's again," he mumbled into her pillow. "We had a fight. She won't be back for a few days."

"Do you want to talk about it?" I asked supportively. What an odd thing to say, I remembered thinking. And still, it was from my heart.

He turned toward me, and brushed my hair out of my eyes. "No, I don't want to think about anything right now but you."

My insides were like jelly. I knew it must be nothing more than sweet talk, morning after balm to keep him in my good graces. But I let myself believe it. "Sweet talker," I teased him. "Do you want something to eat?"

"You know I can't eat this early. I'll take some coffee if you got it."

I kissed his forehead, not knowing if I would ever have him here like this again and took a long lingering look to file away in my good memory box. "I'll put a pot on, then I'm going to take a shower."

The warm water washed over me, but didn't seem to wake me. I felt so light that I must be dreaming still. Nothing from the night before could be true. Let it be a dream that I could cherish, with no consequences and no guilt.

It wasn't a dream, because when I emerged from the shower he was still there. And still the bad feelings that I kept expecting to crash down on me stayed away. There was something magical in this, I thought as we sat down to a shared cup of coffee.

"I can't stay long," he told me. "I hope you understand."

"Of course I do. I- Thank you for coming over, Lin. I just needed someone to be with me."

He smiled at me. There were no words for this moment. It was a pure moment. We drank in silence and then he rose, kissed me on the forehead and told me goodbye. "See ya, beautiful lady," he sang before strolling out the door.

I felt an urge now to go into my studio and paint. Without sketching I let my brush fly over the canvas, creating roses and lilies and crocuses. They were smaller canvases with single theme images, but they came quickly and easily and I painted a room full of flowers by the time that the sun was setting again.