In Remembrance

Story Info
A man reminisces to his wife.
4.3k words
4.8
26.5k
37
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
fgmntfmgnshn
fgmntfmgnshn
2,045 Followers

As always:

Thanks to rf-fast for the editing work. Your insights are what takes this story from mindless drivel to readable.

*

"It's Valentine's Day."

Elise perked up at the words and stopped in midstride.

Daniel took hold of his wife's hand as he continued, "I remember our first Valentine's Day. The day we met..."

The corners of Elise's mouth arched upward. She never heard his version of that special day and was curious.

"It was the big Valentine's Day dance during my senior year at Hilldale High School. You went to school at our rival, Freemont High. I believe you were dating Robert Shaw, my schools star wide receiver on the football team. I'll never forget the first time I saw you on the dance floor. You looked spectacular in your pink gown, and your brown hair was styled so meticulously with curls framing your face. I didn't even know your name then, but I knew at that precise moment I was head over heels for you."

"I watched you from a distance, wondering why someone as classy as you would be with someone as idiotic as Robert Shaw. He was an ass," Daniel shook his head at the memory. "But that was also in my favor because I knew he would do something stupid; and midway through the dance, he did. He lured you away from the crowd and into the emptiness of the school building."

"No."

"Come on Baby. We've been going out for a week. How long do you expect me to wait?"

"As I was turning the corner, I saw Robert grab at your chest. I was immediately pissed. How could he treat a woman like you as if you were a piece of meat? I was about ready to charge toward him when you decked him. Punched him right in the face and broke his nose. It couldn't have happened to a better guy."

Elise did her best to suppress a giggle, not wanting disrupt Daniel's train of thought.

"Robert briefly flexed his fist but refrained from hitting you. Lucky for him he didn't because I would've killed him. He left quickly thereafter and you slumped to your knees, crying. I gave you a few minutes before entering. I recall not wanting you to think I was stalking you."

"Are you all right?"

"Fine."

"You sniffled as you wiped at your eyes before your head lifted to face me. And that's when I saw the most amazing sight. Forget the Seven Wonders of the World; your chocolate brown eyes melted my heart. It was also the first time I heard you state you were fine. The only time you use that word is when you are most definitely not fine. I don't think you ever realized that," Daniel smirked at his wife.

Elise put a hand to her mouth to hide her smile. She knew all too well of that mannerism.

"I then extended my hand only to be met with uncertainty in your eyes."

"You deserve better than Robert Shaw and I'd like to take you to the Pizza Shack to prove it."

"For the life of me, I don't know why such a beautiful creature would ever accept an offer from the likes of me but I specifically remember two distinct things that transpired when you placed your hand in mine. First, your skin felt as soft as silk and second, I had to work hard to contain my joy. I wanted to jump up and down and scream to the heavens. I'm surprised you didn't change your mind right then and there because I know, despite all my efforts, I had the largest, most dorkiest grin plastered on my face. I know because it was still there when I looked into the mirror the next morning. It was not flattering."

Daniel chuckled at the memory before proceeding. "We spent hours sitting in a booth at Pizza Shack, picking at a medium pepperoni pizza while conversing about life, our hobbies, interests and goals. By the time we got around to discussing the future, we both knew we wanted to share ours with each other."

"The lack of sound from the restaurant made us realize the hour was getting late. We both didn't want to go but knew the trouble we would be in if we missed our respective curfews. But the evening began with both of us heading to a dance and I felt it would be a crime not to at least share one song together. I briefly left your side to select a song from the jukebox, only to return with my hand extended."

"Would you care to dance?"

"Your smile... Wow. And I had thought your eyes were the most captivating sight to behold. At that moment, I knew your smile held the answer to that most difficult question, 'What is the meaning of life?' For me, I wanted to see that smile over and over again. It became the reason for my existence."

"We stood, and right in front of our booth I put my right hand on your hip while my other hand slid easily into yours. As if we were two puzzle pieces becoming one. And just like that, we began to sashay back and forth to Champaign's 'How 'Bout Us'. The simple movement was all we could do as we were surrounded by tables. A shame really, as the employees and other patrons missed out on my special moves that would have brought down the house. Literally. Me moving like that is kind of scary on a fault line. Anyway, it was our first dance and it became our song. Thankfully, it wasn't our last."

"I then took you home. Standing outside on your porch with the glow of that little lantern looking light that hung outside your parents' house casting our silhouettes in ten different directions and the eyes of your Father looking through the curtain. Yeah, I noticed him. I put a hand to your cheek and leaned in. Something magical happened when our lips met. The only way to describe what occurred was by saying our souls intertwined. When we parted, I think we both knew we had just spent the first day of the rest of our lives together. We were one. And I must say I have never had a single regret. We are still one and I will never let go."

Elise was in awe at the power of Daniel's words. He spoke with such passion during this recollection that she couldn't help but feel affection for him.

"But that wasn't the only reason this day is so special," Daniel resumed.

"Two years later, you had a really atrocious day at the office. I swear your boss thought the title secretary meant slave. You stormed into our little apartment so frustrated; you didn't even notice the ambiance that was surrounding you; the rose petals, the candles, and our song playing on the tape deck. I went all out to create the perfect atmosphere for the ultimate day; one that I had hoped would change our relationship."

"But you were so upset. I came from behind and wrapped you in my arms. I meant it to be comforting but it scared the crap out of you. I normally got home from the construction site an hour after you so you thought I was an intruder. And you reacted. I think I can still feel the pain of your heel colliding with my testicles." Daniel briefly cringed at the memory.

"I crumpled to floor, gasping for oxygen. You turned around so swiftly, I still don't know how you managed to grab that glass vase we had on the coffee table. I saw the ferocity in your eyes as you wheeled the vase in the air with the precision of a samurai wielding a katana. All I could do is hold up my arm, close my eyes, and brace for the impact which thankfully never came."

"Oh Honey, are you all right?" you asked."

"You kneeled down and engulfed my body in your loving arms. I was still searching for enough air to again form words, as I knew at that moment to never cross you. 'Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned' came to mind."

"Did I hurt you?"

"That was a major understatement! Getting kicked in the crotch with high heels, and let's not forget the psychological damage of seeing my girlfriend standing over me with the intent to destroy. I was certain your next move would have been to rip my head off and shove it up my ass. Considering my testicles were already relocated to my throat, I knew you were more than capable."

"All I could manage to gasp was, "Just a little."

"You immediately came to my aid; helping me stagger over to the couch. Once I was situated, you caressed my face and kissed me. Just like when you were younger and your Mother kisses a boo-boo to make it all better, my pain was gone. Your lips are the greatest source of healing power known to man. It was then you noticed all the decorations adorning the room."

"Honey, did you do all this? It's beautiful."

"Happy Valentine's Day."

"Oh, Honey."

"You kissed me again and I obliged, but that was not the extent of my plans. I shuffled over to the stereo and rewound the tape to play our song again. My palms were sweaty in nervous anticipation. I clutched the box in my pocket. I had rehearsed the words all day in my mind, but somehow, now that I needed them, they escaped me. You immediately noticed my demeanor was amiss."

"Honey, are you sure you're all right? Should I call an ambulance?"

"Sweetie, two years ago was the most memorable day in my life. I knew it then and I know it now. Will you marry me?"

"I pulled out the box, opened it up and attempted to drop to one knee. I say attempted because you dove on me before my knee hit the carpet. Your kisses were quick and full love. Come to think of it, you still never said yes to my proposal. But I knew. Your smile told me so."

"And if your smile didn't, your actions sure did. You clawed at my clothes, my only suit at the time mind you. Instead of unbuttoning my shirt, you chose to pull at it. You succeeded in its removal but at the expense of severing several of the buttons. And my pants? They needed a funeral after the demolishing you put them through. I suppose I wasn't any better. But I was only following your lead when I ripped your clothes off."

"You sat atop me gently, love in your eyes, and all I could think of was how lucky and blessed I am to be with the most fantastic woman in the world. You can have all the royals, politicians, saints, models, celebrities; I don't care, none can hold a candle to you."

"Despite your initial carnal rage at the onset, once we were free from our clothes you started a slow, simple rocking of your hips. Damn were you wet. That is something I'll never forget, the sheer sleekness of your womanhood. It meant you wanted me. And not just for that coupling, but for life. You wanted me forever. I almost erupted at that second from the thought."

"As well practiced as we were at knowing what each other liked, I remember we did things differently. We explored our bodies. Instead of moving directly to our pleasure spots, we acted as if it was our first time again. I let my hands roam over every square inch I could clasp. I loved feeling the smoothness of your skin as my hands meticulously devoured your every pore. I trembled as I fought to keep a feathery touch, moving to no particular destination."

"Hearing your sharp intake of breath as I stroked the underside of your breasts. Raising your soft orbs and brushing your nipples. Going down your body at a snail's pace, first over your firm stomach and then grazing through your trimmed prairie. Rubbing around your thighs before finally landing on your pearl. Your body was my playground."

"As I recall, your hands were constantly moving as well. First on my sides and then slowly through my chest hair and then the ultimate surprise; you tweaked my nipples. You had never done that before nor have you done it since; but you did that day. I think you were afraid you did it too hard as my eyes flew open and I quivered at the sensation. I told you I didn't mind it, I was just shocked. I had finally understood what you meant when you said you were hot-wired from your nipples to your clit. Your twisting had sent a shock wave hurtling to my crushed nuts."

"While our hands were dancing, our bodies developed a natural rhythm. One that caused our consciousness to fade only to each other. Nothing else mattered. With your every drop on my manhood, I became acutely aware that we were doing something special. And with every upward thrust, you became obtusely oblivious we were two separate entities."

"I couldn't take it anymore. I sat up and embraced you for the first time as my fiancé. Your breasts mashed into my body and you lowered your head so we could kiss. But this was unlike any kiss we previously shared. If our souls were intertwined before, this seared them. The combined body heat we were radiating welded us. Our love merged together."

"Our tongues, normally in a duel of passion, synchronized into a melodious symphony. We could read each other's actions before they even happened. They caressed and swept at each other. They hit every erogenous point in each other's mouths. And they wouldn't let go of the shared cuddle they engaged. It was sensual. It was erotic. It was wonderful."

"I just couldn't let go. I increased the speed in which I was pushing into your depths. I wanted to mark you as mine. I wanted to make a child. For every ounce of energy I put behind each insertion, you returned your pleasure tenfold in your plunges onto me. We were harmony personified."

"It was time. I couldn't hold back any longer. Neither could you. I drove one final time. Your whole body clenched on top of me, ensuring I wasn't going anywhere. I held on as I let loose a torrent of my seed as you wailed and unleashed a flood of your own. You gripped my back so tight; I had your nail marks etched into me for a week. I didn't care; in fact I loved it that you marked me as yours."

"I can't describe the euphoria I felt. After all this time, I still can't adequately describe the euphoria you lovingly gave me."

"We stayed in that embrace, neither of us wanting to leave the heaven we were in. What I know now, but didn't then, was that heaven never left. As long as I had you, my girlfriend, my fiancée, my wife, my soul mate; no matter the moniker, you are my heaven. The one place I am. The one place I will always be. For an eternity.

Elise had a huge smile with liquid "I Love You drops" streaming down her cheeks. She was so moved to hear how much love and adoration Daniel felt.

"A year later, we were married on Valentine's Day as well. I remember how worried you were that I wouldn't show up. You thought the sad news that you were unable to bear children would cause me to flee, to leave you at the altar. But Sweetie, what you didn't realize and what you still don't understand is that it made me love you more. You showed me how strong of a woman you are to overcome such horrible news. I knew you would be my rock whenever I needed you to be and that you would do it with the strength I lacked. Even if we couldn't have children of our own; we had each other. And that was enough."

"As a secretary and a construction worker, and our parents unable to help, we had a small, simple wedding. But I wouldn't have traded it for the most extravagant celebration on the planet. I was mesmerized at how you looked in your gown. I had to pinch myself several times just make sure I wasn't dreaming you. "I can't describe the elation I was feeling. So beautiful. So perfect. I got goose bumps watching you walk down the aisle. I didn't even see your father. My mind was so focused on your bewitching beauty. And then you were next to me. Standing there so demurely as only you can. Behind the thin tulle veil your eyes were glassy, as if you were about to start sobbing uncontrollably. Your father lifted the veil and your whole face, porcelain doll-esque in nature, came into view. I remember thinking that your beauty had to have been sculpted by Michelangelo himself."

"I'll be honest; I don't remember a single word of the ceremony. I was lost staring into your eyes. I marveled at the honor you were giving me by being my bride. I wondered if you truly knew what you were doing. I didn't feel worthy of calling myself your husband."

"I still don't."

"I don't remember, but I must have said 'I do' because the priest was now staring at me. Expectantly. I leaned in and pressed my lips to yours. It was the greatest kiss of my life. I already knew we were one, but this kiss proved it to family, friends, the world, God. And damn was it good to kiss my wife. I thought titles meant nothing, we are who we are, but there was something about the knowledge we were connected as husband and wife... promising to be true to you in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health, until death do us part. It meant the world to me, not that you were my wife, but that I was your husband. I am not ashamed to say, I cried. You were ecstasy on my lips. Thank you for that."

"The reception was like a comedy of errors, but it was our comedy of errors. The food was wrong, the lead singer of the band had laryngitis, and I'll never forget how irate your Dad was when they mispronounced his last name. And let's not forget about my Uncle Louie, that lush. That was the last time I sprung for an open bar.

"But that's what made it so special. We have stories to share that are unique to us. All our friends say that they had the perfect wedding and reception but can't recall a single detail other than the food was good and they danced. Not us."

"It also was the time I was able to show off - what was the word you used? -- Oh yeah, my unique style of dancing. You weren't aware that you were marrying such a nimble on his feet kind of guy."

Daniel stroked the top of his wife's hand with a smile.

"Allow me to take this moment to apologize once again for your ankle. I certainly didn't mean to spin you into the drum set."

Daniel shook his head, still not relinquishing her palm. "It just gave me even more reason to carry you over the threshold that evening. You were sore, your ankle twisted, but when I carried you into the room, you still smiled at me. It meant the world to me. And when you did that, I lost it.

"I laid you gently down on the bed. I quickly unbuckled my pants and dropped my lower garments, and then removed your underwear. I didn't care about the rest of our clothes. That smile made me want to make love to my wife. I lifted your dress and jumped between your legs."

"I slid into your channel easily, the feeling exquisite. It seemed different from any prior coupling we had ever shared. There was something about the knowledge that you were my wife and I was your husband. We belonged to each other. Always."

"Your arms enveloped my neck and you brought me down for a kiss. You couldn't endure our mouths being separated despite us being conjoined in our lower region. And once your lips latched onto mine, they weren't letting go. We were back in our cloud, where sun meets heaven and we were enjoying it."

"I pushed forward and you bucked back. That's how simplistic we were. We stared at each other, peering into each other's souls through the windows of our eyes. There was no rush, no sense of urgency, just you and me. Us. One. Time stood still. The environment faded to nothing. The only sounds came from our mouths, a slight grunt with every insertion from me and a small moan of satisfaction when you pressed back. We gave ourselves to each other and we were prepared to go on forever."

"It was sweet. It was romantic. It was us consummating our nuptials, uniting under a single banner, becoming Mr. and Mrs. Butler. You were my wife and I your husband."

"I couldn't help the smile. I know you remember it. I was so happy there was no way I could express it other than smiling. But here is the best part; you knew. You felt the same way. I know because I saw it in your eyes. Your soul told me well before the sides of your lips percolated upward. Your body clamped down on me as it always did. Your legs from the outside, your muscles from the inside... It felt like home."

"As I kissed you this time, I drained my very essence into you. I wanted you to have all of me. Feel what I felt. Know what I know. But you did know. You did feel. Because you gave unto me your ultimate gift."

"You gave me you."

"Since that day, a second being lives in my heart. The years may have passed but I still feel it to this day. You and I are one. Our souls are still fused together. We need each other more than air itself. All that is great in this world lies with you. You have infected my very being by just being you. Your laughter, your smile, your hypnotizing eyes; all of which make me want to shout thanks to the heavens. Your dreams, your goals, your ambitions; they are mine as well. I want what you want because I still want you. You are my love, my passion, my reason for living. You are my everything."

fgmntfmgnshn
fgmntfmgnshn
2,045 Followers
12