Inspiration - Romantic and Explicit

Story Info
My first erotic story - a struggling musician in New York.
4.6k words
4.58
9.6k
3
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Inspiration

Christopher put down his pencil. How long had he been sitting here composing? Four hours? Five? Time had just slipped by as he feverishly wrote down the notes that had begun to flow like water from...from where exactly? Never before had the music come so easily to him, as if he was merely a bystander taking dictation. The process was normally bordering on painful; a few notes here, a phrase there, and then the pacing back and forth across the polished floors of their Soho flat until the wee hours of the morning. "Now that was a great song", Christopher absentmindedly thought. If only he could have shared the stage for one night with Frank...

Not for the first time Christopher lapsed into a favorite fantasy.... a Rat Pack Concert in old Vegas where the martinis flowed and where men with golden vocal chords crooned out ballads that swept the ladies off their feet. And there he was, part of the famous group standing next to Sammy, Frank, Dean...spot lights shining down, the music swelling as he stepped forward towards the mike. The crowd going wild as he drew his first breath...

A loud siren blared on the streets below pulling him from his reverie. Christopher glanced down at the pages lying across the keys of his cherished Steinway, strewn about him on the floorboards, and even blown over into the corner near the windows that looked down onto 7th Avenue. Christopher glanced away from the windows and towards the large mirror behind the piano. He walked up and looked hard at his features.

He was tall, how often had been told that? 6'2'', light skin, hazel eyes, even still hints or red in his otherwise brown hair – yes he had more than a little bit of an Irish look he could admit. And he knew his body was looking better than it had since college...maybe even better than then? All of those hours working his frustrations out in the health club had evidently paid off, though that wasn't really what he'd been focused on at the time. He glanced away from the mirror back to the room around him.

Thank God for the apartment, Christopher thought. There was no way he could have afforded a broom closet, let alone this 2 bedroom apartment a stone's throw from central park if it weren't for his uncle. "A Broadway legend" everyone had told him since he was old enough to remember. "A boy who moved from Ohio with a dream and landed his name in lights on Broadway". This was certainly true, and he once again silently thanked his favorite Uncle for leaving him this place. He owed him so much....now if he just make a name for himself, he might be able to put some furniture in here other than the piano.

Christopher chuckled as he thought about the lack of furniture in the apartment. He owned exactly one chair, a small dining room table, a king size bed at least, and one beautiful 9'6" 1928 Steinway Grand that he had saved nearly every penny for over 3 years to buy. It was his pride and joy, but beyond these few items Christopher had struggled to make ends meet in Manhattan, playing what gigs he could get here and there when there were so many talented musicians on every corner.

"But things are different now" Christopher thought. He had never felt what he was feeling tonight, and he knew that this music lying on various pages around his flat was going to change everything. Tonight his career would truly begin, and he knew he was going to be a success. He also knew where the new inspiration was coming from. It was her...

If he was honest, he hadn't noticed her at first. She had been sitting near the front of the room, seated at a large round table with a number of attractive professional ladies who all seemed to be having a good time...laughing, whispering, and teasing and all with cosmopolitans, or various other fruity drinks in hand. But not her. She was sipping at a glass of chardonnay, and she wasn't looking at the other girls. She was looking at him.

But he had been so caught up in his playing that he had hardly looked up from the keys. "Autumn in New York" was a deceptively difficult song, and he was working his way through a particularly difficult section of the bridge and was about to launch into the vocals of the chorus when he happened to glance up, and she caught his eye.

She was wearing a sleeveless white silk top, a black slim fitting pencil skirt, and her long blonde hair was pulled back on top of her head in a tight swirl. She portrayed an air of sophistication and confidence, and she was looking directly at him. Her lips were full and slightly parted, and even from here he could see her blue eyes flashing in the reflection from the stage lights.

He missed his cue... Shit! He tore his gaze back to the stage, and the band was giving him that look like "get your shit together man". He scrambled to catch up and rolled through verse again. What had gotten into him? He never missed his entrance. He focused his attention on the keys again, and soon he was launching into his solo. And from nowhere, he began to hear music in his head.

It was soft and simple at first, but it began to grow in volume and complexity. His fingers first glided nimbly across the keys as he duplicated the flowing notes he could hear in his mind. Gently brushing the keys, and running up and down the keyboard with light touches he felt a tension begin to grow. Slowly but steadily the tension built as the music began to swell. His fingers that had been gently gliding and lightly touching the keys began to press harder and more insistently, pushing the keys deeply into their beds and driving the music from the sound board and out across the darkened room.

His heart beat rapidly in his chest to the driving rhythm of the swelling music. Faster and faster his fingers flew across the keyboard, now pounding the keys with an intensity he had never played with before in his life. Finally the music reached its climax, and he lifted up of the bench and spread his fingers to pound out the final chords of the chorus, driving as deeply into the keys as he could while the band exploded to finish out the song.

The room was silent at first, but then the crowd erupted in appreciation, standing on their feet for what seemed like forever as they shouted their appreciation for the performance. The band had shocked looks on their faces as they stared at Christopher like Oscar Peterson had just stepped in from the crowd and delivered the performance of a lifetime. But Christopher hardly glanced at the crowd. He eyes were fixed on the petite blonde who was now quietly standing and looking intently back at him. A delicate but transfixing smile graced her lips, and Christopher could only stare...

The last of the crowd lingered near the back door of the club, saying their goodbyes and laughing as they filtered out of the door. It had been an amazing night and everyone was feeling it. But Christopher noticed none of it as he stepped off the stage and slowly walked over to where the girl with the amazing blue eyes was still sitting and sipping her glass of chardonnay. Her friends had evidently gone, but she was still there evidently waiting for him.

"Did you enjoy the performance?" he started.

"I think you know that I did" she replied

He was nearly caught off guard by this direct response, but he was surprised to find himself answering just as directly "Well, I have never played like I did tonight. I just....wow. I'm still not exactly sure what happened. But...well it felt like...I just don't know how to express it....But it was amazing, and I'm still just in shock"

She looked thoughtful before replying. "I've never come here before tonight" she said. "I work nearby and my friends and I had talked about stopping in here so many times, but something told me tonight was the night. It was."

"When I saw you tonight that's when everything shifted. I felt something electric, and my fingers just started to fly on the keys" Christopher practically stumbled over the words as they spilled out in a torrent "Nooo! Why did I just say that out loud" Christopher thought..." what was I thinking?"

The petite blonde looked intently at Christopher for a moment, then smiled and slowly stood up from her chair.

"Come on," she said "Let's get out of here".

"Wait...what's your name?" Christopher asked.

"I'm Sarah, and I want to go have some fun. Come on the night is still young!"

A cab rounded the corner, and Christopher stepped out from the curb and hailed it. Sarah climbed in and Christopher reached to close the door after her before he made his way to the other side. As he walked around the back of the car his heart was racing...my god was she beautiful. Now that they were out of the darkened club he could see how truly stunning she was. High cheek bones, full pouty lips, a stunning smile....and her eyes were just an amazing sparkling blue. He slid in next to her and the taxi rolled away from the curb.

"Well – where to?" She asked?

"I know the perfect place" Christopher smiled.

The front entrance to the club had a line of people stretching nearly a block. Women in tight sequined dresses and low cut tops waded around the front trying to catch the attention of the guys in suits who were deciding who got in, and who waited out in the cold. Christopher stepped forward and caught the eye of the one standing directly in front of the doors.

"Christopher!" said the man in the Armani Suit. "My God it's been a while! Where have you been? You still playing with The Fix? Still filling the clubs with screaming hotties?"

Christopher laughed and clapped the guy on the arm "Hah, no Johnny. Those days are gone. It was a great time, but I've moved on to Jazz now..some real music"

"Jazz??? Are you kidding me? Ok you have to be kidding me. The last time I saw you, you were sliding across a bar down in Greenwich after a huge show and your band mates were..."

Johnny looked up, just then realizing he had been so caught up in the greeting that he hadn't noticed the petite blonde patiently standing just to Christopher's right.

"I am so sorry Christopher; I didn't realize you were with someone. And so beautiful I can't believe I even noticed you at all Christopher (Nice recovery, Christopher thought)"

"This is Sarah" said Christopher "Sarah, this is Christopher, my old roommate"

"What can I do for you both?"

"Any room in there?" said Christopher

"For you...anything" said Johnny. "Follow me"

Sarah stepped behind Johnny and followed him in through the doors. Christopher was only a few steps behind, but he couldn't help but notice her sensual walk. The pencil skirt swayed as she moved her way through the club, and he had a hard time tearing his eyes away.

Inside the club the music was deep and throbbing, with pulsing lights and a crowded dance floor packed with a clearly beautiful clientele moving and grinding to the pulsing Bass. Crowd control evidently had its advantages, Christopher thought.

Johnny led them to a booth on an elevated platform just beyond the dance floor. From this vantage point, they could see the entire club, including the dance floor, the bar, and the little intimate spaces set around the edges of the room. The room was filled with electricity, and everywhere singles and couples were drinking, laughing, dancing, flirting...and in some of the darker corners likely much more.

But Christopher was not paying much attention to all of this. Johnny said his goodbyes, but ensured a server was informed to take special care of the two before he left. He ordered a bottle of Crystal and was gone in a flash and a bow.

He poured a glass of Champagne for Sarah, and once again admired her stunning beauty.

"So what was all that about your band, and sliding across a bar, and shots...." Sarah teased.

"Hmmm...well I had my wild days I guess" Christopher smiled slyly back at her. "But it lost its appeal somewhere along the way. We did really well, had a huge following in New York and along the Eastern Seaboard, but at some point you just have to realize you aren't kids anymore, and it's time to make something of yourself"

"And that's when you became a Jazz musician?"

"Well, that's when I started to try to become a Jazz musician. I think tonight was my first night that I would actually call myself that"

"You have an amazing voice, and your playing was incredible."

"Thank you...but really, tonight was just...just different"

"Do you believe in fate" Sarah asked suddenly

"I don't know" Christopher replied. "But if fate means someone walking into your club one night and just completely rocking your world and making you play like it was your last night on earth, than yes...I would say I believe in fate"

"Good." said Sarah. "I do too. Now let's go dance"

Sarah and Christopher made their way to the dance floor, pushing apart the crowds to find a spot somewhere near the center. The song was a slow rhythmic beat, and Christopher gently slipped his arms around her waist. The music pulsed as they began to sway in time, and Sarah could feel her heart beat increasing as she placed her hands on his back and immediately noticed the strong tight muscles under his white silk shirt. What was happening to her? She had walked into that little club just to have a few drinks with her friends before going home and now she was swaying on the dance floor with this man she hardly knew.

But his voice! And his playing....my god what was happening to her?

The music changed and the Rhythm and Bass became more intense. She could feel him pressing against her. She moved her hand up his muscular back to his shoulder and they pressed more tightly together as she leaned into his chest. Beneath her cheek she could feel a toned and muscular chest, and she wondered about his abs....

Christopher could feel her pressing against his chest, as his hands encircled her tiny waste. She was much shorter than him, maybe 5'2" but with her heels she came mid way up his chest. He slowly slid his hands down to her hips and pulled her a little more tightly against him. She responded by pulling in ever so slightly more. Christopher's heart was beating faster now, and the crowd seemed to fade away around him as he gazed down at her. Her eyes met his as she glanced up, and slowly he leaned down. His full lips brushed against hers, and she pressed back more firmly as her lips parted. First a gentle kiss, then pressing together again with more intensity.

Christopher pulled her even tighter against him, and their kiss grew in passion with their lips fully parted and their tongues briefly darted together.

And then the music changed again, and it was a signal to break away from the moment.

Sarah's heart was racing, and she was flushed with excitement. The kiss had been incredible. She could still feel his full lips touching hers for the first time. She unknowingly reached up and touched her lips in response, then quickly pulled them away.

Christopher's head was spinning, and now he wanted nothing more than to kiss this beautiful petite blonde again. They made their way back to the booth. But before they could sit down, Christopher said "I know we just met, but do you want to get out of here and go back to my place?"

"My god yes." Said Sarah", and they walked out the front door

"This is where you live? Wow nice address" said Sarah.

"Well, yes, but I need to tell you, I hardly have any furniture"

"I don't really care" said Sarah seriously

Upstairs Sarah looked around the room.

"You weren't kidding" she joked "You really are a minimalist. But ohhh! What a beautiful piano! Will you play for me?"

"Sure, a private concert" Christopher smiled.

Christopher sat at the piano and started into a rendition of "Rhapsody in Blue". As he played Sarah slipped out of here heels and stepped behind him to watch his hands move. His hands were strong. His fingers were long and nimble, and as the song accelerated his fingers flew across the keys. Watching his powerful hands move and spread across the keys was incredibly erotic and Sarah began to imagine what those hands might be capable of. And as she watched and imagined, she felt her breathing begin to become shallower. God this was turning her on. She took a large drink from her wine glass.

"I wish I could play like that" she said.

Christopher stopped and turned to her. "Well let me teach you then"

"Don't be ridiculous." She said.

"No I'm serious. Come here and sit down"

Christopher stood up from the padded bench and patted the seat. Sarah slightly slipped up her skirt and sat down at the keyboard.

"Now what I want you to do is pretend you are cupping something delicate as you rest your fingers on the keys"

Christopher stood behind Sarah and gently placed her fingers on the keys. "No you need to curve them more like this" and Christopher s lid his hands gently along hers as he adjusted her fingers on the keys. "Now press down" and Christopher pressed her fingers firmly down into the keyboard. Then quickly he moved her hands to another position and pressed again and then again until several beautiful Jazz chords had rung out through the room.

Sarah turned back to look at Christopher. "Well it's a start" she said.

Christopher could not hold back any longer. He leaned down and again their lips met, but this time more insistently as he drew her lower lip into his. Their lips parted and immediately Sarah's tongue darted in to encircle his. Mmmm...a sound escaped her lips as they encircled again and again.

Christopher reached down and pivoted her around on the bench to face him. Breaking away from the kiss, he moved to kiss down along her neck and again she moaned ever so slightly as he made his way to her shoulder.

Sarah reached up and began to unbutton the lower buttons of Christopher's shirt. She wanted a sight of his abs and his firm chest she had felt earlier. As she unbuttoned, she could see his toned skin glistening and his rippling abs and chest. Without much care she pulled the last button and he shrugged out of his shirt exposing his toned and muscled physique. My god he was in good shape. She ran her hands along his stomach as shivers ran through her body from the kisses along her neck. She was extremely sensitive there, and his full lips felt amazing against her skin.

Christopher looked down and began to unbutton Sarah's white silk blouse. As the first buttons came undone he was mesmerized. Her figure was incredible. He wanted nothing more than to have her bra off and to move his mouth down along her chest to kiss... but he was going to take this slowly. Gently he pulled the blouse off her shoulders and it slid to the floor.

Sarah leaned forward and kissed his stomach. Slowly her tongue circled as she kissed along his toned abdominal muscles moving upward across his chest, and gently teasing one of his nipples before moving up to his neck. Again their lips met, and this time as they kissed, Christopher's hands slid from her waste behind her back and she felt deft hands undo the clasp of her bra. With a shrug the bra was on the floor and their bare chests were pressed together as their kisses grew in intensity.

She could feel his hardness growing against her, and a warm began to spread down and through her. God this felt amazing, and she wanted so much more! She couldn't seem to pull his lips tightly enough against hers. Suddenly the piano bench was shoved aside and she was being lifted up and placed firmly down onto the piano keyboard. Oh god...such a turn on.

Christopher kissed her neck first, then moved down her chest and took one of her enormous perfect breasts into his mouth. Her nipples were rock hard, and he sucked on first one, then the other as he circled each nipple with his tongue. Sarah loved the tingling feeling from his tongue on her sensitive nipples, and it sent shivers throughout her body. God she loved having her nipples sucked like this.

12