Interlude Ch. 07

Story Info
Wedding; baby born; breakups and new romances.
9.8k words
4.55
30.2k
16

Part 7 of the 10 part series

Updated 10/01/2022
Created 07/05/2011
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The order of my stories to read is:

Todd & Melina series, Interludes 1-5, Sperm Wars series, Russian Roulette series, Case of the Murdered Lovers series, Case of the Murdered Chessplayer series, Case of the Executed Evangelist series, The Swap series.

Interludes 6-7.

Feedback and constructive criticism is very much appreciated, and I encourage feedback for ideas.

This story contains graphic scenes, language and actions that might be extremely offensive to some people. These scenes, words and actions are used only for the literary purposes of this story. The author does not condone murder, racial language, violence, rape or violence against women, and any depictions of any of these in this story should not be construed as acceptance of the above.

This interlude is intended to bridge the gap to the next blockbuster set of police drama stories. Thank you for bearing with me, and I hope you enjoy the stories.-- WW.

The hot sex is towards the end of the story, but many fun non-sex secrets come first, so don't skip too much. ;-)

Part 7 - Wedding Bells

It was Saturday, July 20th. We were at the reception hall on the small lake which Laura called the "president's dacha". A walkway bridge over the water led to an island that was composed of a roofed veranda. There I stood with the Justice of the Peace, my best man Chief Griswold and groomsmen Todd, Jack Muscone, and Hugh Hewitt, along with bridesmaids Britt Maxwell, my mother and, to my surprise, Tanya Perlman, all the women looking hot in salmon pink dresses and salmon colored, very high heel strappy sandals.

But my breath was taken away as first the Matron of Honor, my ex-wife Melina, also in a salmon pink dress came down the bridge path, strewing rose petals, followed by the loveliest bride in the world, my beloved Laura. She was wearing an off white dress, not a full wedding gown but more like her bridesmaids' sleeveless dresses, and high heel sandals whose design was identical to the bridesmaids, except for their off-white color. Her black hair was styled like that of a Grecian goddess... and a goddess she truly was.

The curve of her belly betraying her late-term pregnancy did not in any way diminish the beauty of my gorgeous bride. Her luscious legs and shapely feet competed with her radiant face for my attention as she slowly walked down the bridge "aisle" to the veranda. My heart and penis were both full of desire for her, though I managed to keep my penis somewhat under control.

Only the wedding party was inside the veranda, filling it. The other guests watched from the shore, just in front of the reception hall. Laura and I exchanged wedding vows, which were the normal ones except we both insisted that the other not say "forsaking all others." Some might not understand, but Laura and I had no qualms about either of us having sex with others; indeed, it was a hot and spicy part of our relationship and our marriage. I don't know if anyone else noticed the omission as we said our "I do"s, and then my favorite part: "You may kiss the bride." I did so with gusto and did not mind everyone watching me share a tongue twining kiss with my wife. OMG... my wife! I thought... finally, Laura Fredricson was officially, legally and spiritually my lawfully wedded wife!

The reception in the reception hall was not meant to be particularly long, but seemed to drag on forever. We took the requisite pictures with the wedding party, the cake, Melina catching the garter fairly easily. She was escorted by Daniel Allgood, and Todd did not look particularly happy about it. He tried to talk to Melina a couple of times, but she told him she'd have to talk to him later, and someone else would then whisk her away, be it my mother, Daniel or Laura herself. I suggested to Todd that he talk with Britt and some of the other lovely ladies from the University, and he made an effort to do so. I noticed a couple of female professors, definitely hot MILFs, trying hard to flirt with Todd, and I hoped his cock would find its way deep into their pussies. He seemed to be a bit polite and formal, though.

I couldn't help any of that; I was the happiest man in the world at the moment. Even so, after the first dance with my wife, she danced with a young Army Captain that she knew. His name was Jim, he'd graduated from this University and was commissioned through its ROTC program, and he'd already done a tour of combat duty in Afghanistan as well as worked for Laura's husband before the general had retired. He had "strawberry blonde" hair, very light red, lighter than myself, definitely much lighter than Hugh's darker red hair coloring. Laura seemed to have a thing for blonde or redheaded men. Lucky for me that I was one of them, I thought.

I saw Pete Feeley and Tanya Perlman together, noticing the eye contact between them, which she was not giving even President Wellman, who had been her lover for quite some time. I wondered if I'd be attending another wedding in the near future... besides Melina and Daniel's, of course. I was quite sure of that one, and so was my mother...

----------------------------------

We had decided not to go on a honeymoon until after the baby was born, but I had reserved the penthouse honeymoon suite at one of the high-rise hotels in the City. We drove over late that afternoon.

We had dinner at one of the City's best steakhouses, and I noticed that Laura was as famished as I was, especially since she was eating for two. We then went to a theatre play, which was a mystery play with a plot that was too thin and too easy to figure out. I thought to myself that the writers should spend some time looking at my case files if they wanted some real material.

Laura and I then spent the next several hours in our suite consummating our marriage. After my third orgasm had essentially wiped me out, we took a hot bath together then went out on the balcony. The night view of the city from up high was magnificent.

"You see that building?" Laura said, pointing at an even taller high rise in the near distance in front of us. "Henry Wargrave's offices are on the top floor of that building. He has a helipad on the roof with direct access to the office."

"Interesting." I said, not really interested in anything at the moment except my wife's lovely body in her nightgown. "Have you been there before?"

"Yes." she said. "Twice. Once with President Wellman when Mr. Wargrave wrote us a big check for my psychological research. The other time... well, I can't talk about that, it was a, shall we say, 'professional' visit."

"Viagra delivery?" I said jokingly.

"No, not that kind of 'professional'." Laura replied. She turned to me and slid her arms around my neck. "But speaking of viagra, I better get you one: I am a bride not yet satisfied." She kissed my mouth warmly.

"Well, I have work to do, then." I said. We went back to bed, from which we did not leave until late the next morning.

Part 8 - Now Hiring

6:00am, Thursday, August 1st. Hugh Hewitt walked into Headquarters and down the hall toward the MCD room. His dark red hair had been shorn into a military-style haircut the day before. He was feeling good: that trophy wife Shayla Belle had been one hell of a fuck the night before, he thought. She had taken his eight inches in every hole and come back for seconds and thirds... and fourths, exhausting him.

Too bad he had to leave and go home lest her husband catch them together. he thought to himself as he turned into the MCD room. He noticed that Cindy was finishing rearranging desks, moving the heavy furniture with seemingly effortless ease.

"What's up, Cindy?" he asked.

"New people." Cindy said. "Two coming in today. Don wanted you and me to rearrange the room to fit them as well as some more over time, but as you can see, I got bored and just did it myself."

"Cool." Hugh said. "Since you've saved me the work, I'll make your coffee." He poured two cups, fixing Cindy's just the way she liked it.

"Ahhh, that's good." Cindy said, sipping her coffee as she and Hugh sat down in chairs at the back end of the room, farthest from the door near the Vice room. "You make it the way I like it better than I do, Hugh."

"I aim to please." Hugh said, sipping his own coffee. "But I'm not surprised you like military-grade coffee. So who are our new victims-- I mean, detectives?"

"I don't know." Cindy said, smiling at the joke. "I think Diana Torres and Christopher Purvis are being promoted from the uniform ranks. Don said we're going to have two hires from the outside, but he didn't give any details... typical."

"They probably told him not to say anything." Hugh said. "The brass likes to keep things quiet until--"

Just then a tall, black-haired woman entered the room, looking around as she came up to them. "Can we help you?" Cindy asked, wondering how a stranger was managing to just saunter into this room, much less an allegedly-secure police station.

"Hi." said the woman. Her voice was low and husky, almost whispery though it carried well enough. "I'm Angela Harlan. Today's my first day here." She handed Cindy the papers in her hand, showing that she was indeed the new hire.

"Oh! Well then, welcome." Cindy said. "I'm Cindy Ross and this is Hugh Hewitt. Grab some coffee there and pull up a chair."

Hugh was transfixed. This vision of loveliness to his eyes was tall, her black hair falling in gentle waves to her shoulders. Her face was full of sharp angles but was attractive. She was slender and in excellent physical shape. Her breasts were not particularly large, but stood proudly and firmly on her chest. Her abs were tight and her legs were like slender tubes, firm and shapely, though they seemed slightly bowlegged. She was wearing a black pantsuit jacket and pants, and and open-collar white shirt with navy-blue stripes.

She looked to be in her early thirties, Hugh and Cindy both thought. The only strange feature were her eyes. They were dark, and there just seemed to be something odd when one looked into them....

"So, are you related to Coach Harlan at the University?" Hugh asked, trying to strike up a conversation with his new colleague.

"Yes, he's my first cousin. Our dad's are brothers." Angela replied, letting her eyes lock with his. Was that a connection the stud war hero was feeling?

"Where are you from? Texas?" Cindy asked, noting the other woman's accent as well as the beginnings of her connection with Hugh.

"Sure am." Angela replied, naming a police department in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. "I spent the last five years in Homicide there. Brian, my cousin, suggested that I apply here when he heard you were hiring."

"So, how is Hugh's coffee?" Cindy said, noting Angela's reaction.

"Strong. Just the way I like it." Angela said, her slight grimace showing she was being polite.

"Kissing up to me already." Hugh said with a grin.

"If she likes that coffee, she'll fit in around here just perfectly." Tanya Perlman said as she entered the room with a playful grin. She then introduced herself and the four detectives fluttered like parakeets for a while.

At 7:00am everyone fell silent as the news came onto the TV screens. Of course that meant Bettina was on the air!

"This is Bettina Wurtzburg, KXTC Channel Two News!" the lovely redhead reporterette shouted into her microphone. "Channel Two News has learned that Police have no suspects in the shootings that erupted last weekend in the Southwest district of Town. Captain Harold Malone of the Police Department Vice Squad has stated that he does not believe that the shootings were part of a drug war or of any new drug gangs attempting to set themselves up for illicit business in Town, but the SBI Narcotics Task Force believes otherwise, saying that drug gangs are always trying to move into new territories and that the University represents lucrative grounds for new drug sales.

"In other news, Senior Detective Steven Ikea said that rumors of a Government cover-up in the murder of the Reverend Jonas Oldeeds are just that: rumors. Detective Ikea continues to pursue leads in the murder of the Rev. Oldeeds, saying that the men previously arrested in the case are only a part of the overall story."

"Sheesh, quoting Ikea?" Cindy Ross said with deep disdain. "Might as well quote Howdy Doody."

Bettina was continuing on the screen: "Last but not least, the University has denied reports from the SBI that experimental drugs were stolen from a research project within the University. Campus Police Captain Brittany M. Maxwell has categorically denied the SBI's report that Town Police confiscated vials of drugs in a raid upon an unnamed drug distributor, and she further states that there are no reports of missing experimental drugs since a University student was arrested over a year ago. That student escaped University police custody and has so far totally eluded discovery by law enforcement authorities. This is Bettina Wurtzburg, KXTC Channel Two News."

"Wow." Angela Harlan said. "All that is going on right now?

"Slow news day." Tanya Perlman said. "Bettina made it sound like a big deal, but that was a big balloon of hot air. Get used to it, Angela."

"Whatever you do," Cindy Ross said, "don't ever be someone the Chief thinks is leaking to the Media."

"I hear ya." Angela said, still staring at the TV screen as the weather report was being delivered.

----------------------------------

"And this is Leonard R. Sharples." said Captain Malone. The Detective Force, MCD and Vice, were assembled in the large auditorium room. Malone was on the floor in front of the stage, introducing the new people. I was sitting on the edge of the stage to one side.

Leonard R. Sharples was a character. He was white, appeared to be in his upper 30s or lower 40s. Oddly, he wore a light brown raincoat, even indoors, into which he could put in a liner to make it a heavier trenchcoat for the winter. He had a fedora hat like the Press of the 1950s comic books always wore. He was short, rather portly, dark haired and had what looked like mere slits for eyes, though he did not look Asian in any way. His cheeks were large, and he had what attempted to be a big mustache, but failed in comparison to Police Chief Griswold's or County Councilman John "Jack" Colby's. He was definitely an 'Inspector Clouseau' type.

Another odd thing about him... he insisted on being called "Sergeant", as if it were his first name, introducing himself as "Sergeant Sharples" to everyone. Of course, the Detectives in this Police Force outranked Sergeants, but that did not seem to faze the man even after Captain Malone brusquely informed him of that fact.

I had looked over his qualifications again as Captain Malone introduced him to everyone. I had no problem hiring Angela Harlan; she had a solid record with a couple of Homicide divisions in Texas cities about our size, one of them being in the DFW area. But there were strangenesses about Sharples' resume. He was coming to us from Midtown, where his record appeared to be brilliant but spotty. He'd been in several departments over the last 10 years in our State and our neighboring states, moving from job to job every two to three years, every place showing similar records: some brilliant successes but otherwise very mundane. Before that, he'd spent several years in a Louisiana police department, which slightly raised my hackles: I'm not exactly the most trusting person of Louisiana Law Enforcement, especially around New Orleans.

I was not impressed with Sharples during the interview processes. Angela Harlan's twang was obviously a Texas drawl... and I was familiar with Laura's, as my new wife was originally from the Lone Star State. But Sharples talked slow as if he wasn't all that bright... but it also seemed to be deliberate... as if he wanted people to underestimate him.

Captain Malone had brought him in with some good recommendations from the Midtown Police. It looked to me like they were buttering our noodle about him and passing him off on us. I'd recommended against immediately hiring him, but Malone and Captain Forsyth of Personnel had lobbied for him, and since it was the Vice position I lost on that one.

"Detectives, there is one other thing." Malone announced. "Our Detective Force needs to be more well-rounded, and to that aim we are going to be doing cross-training between Vice and MCD, and also some cross-pairings so you can work better together and learn from each other. We think it's worked well with Ross and Croyle, and we intend to expand it."

I just listened, wanting to laugh at how Captain Malone was taking credit for what had been my idea to have those two work together, and not just for reasons of cross-training.

Captain Malone continued: "Torres, you're in MCD and Purvis, you're in Vice, but you'll go in the same class to Detective School and will be working with Detectives from both branches. In spite of past frictions, I expect you people to work together a lot better than we have been in the past. Lieutenant, do you have anything to add?"

"Yes I do." I said, standing up. "I fully concur with Captain Malone on this. We need better cross-training and we need to work together better. I said 'working together', not necessarily 'liking each other'. I don't expect you guys to start have dinner with each other or go to bed together every night..." There was some tepid laughter at that.

"...but we have to work together, and I'm sure you'll make every effort to do so in a professional manner. Captain?"

"See?" Captain Malone said, pointing at me. "This guy can be politically correct when he has to be." he continued, giving what for him was a grin as he needled me. Everyone laughed as I rolled my eyes and smiled.

"That's it, folks." the Captain said. "Promotions and medal ceremonies in an hour. Either be there or make yourselves scarce."

----------------------------

"Pete, stop worrying about it." Tanya said. She was talking to Pete Feeley in the breakroom nearest the MCD room. "You've been on the February track all along."

While there were occasional exceptions, our Police Force made promotions every February 1st and August 1st, and often our new hires started on those dates as well. Pete Feeley's dreams of becoming a Detective on this day had been dashed, as his time and grade had him on the track to be considered the next February. He'd not shown any particular promise that would've caused me to advise advancing him "below the zone", i.e. promote him early.

"Yeah, I know." Pete said, "I was just hoping I might get a shot. Is the Lieutenant mad at me?"

"No, silly." Tanya said, smiling playfully at him. "But again, you just need to relax. Why don't you and I have dinner tonight, and then I'll rock your world all night long and make you forget about being a detective anywhere. When I'm done with you tonight, mister, you're going to be too exhausted to search for clues anywhere outside my bedroom!"

"Mmmm, sounds good." Pete said. "Well, I guess I better go, medal ceremonies coming up. Are you coming?"

"No, I've got to talk to our Lieutenant." Tanya replied.

---------------------------

"Hi Don." Tanya said, coming to her little Lieutenant office across from mine just as I was coming into mine. The narrow corridor was barely big enough for us to walk side-by-side. "Hey, can I come into your office a minute?"

"Sure." I said. Once inside, I said "So how is Christina doing?"

"Still upset about Dr. Mays's death." Tanya replied. "She felt like it was her fault because she sent those chemicals from the Bounel raid to him in the first place."

"Well, it wasn't her fault that he was shot dead. It was Dr. Mays's own actions: Jack Muscone of the FBI told me that Mays was going to sell those chemicals to some people that were either foreign agents or Organized Crime. He was a bad boy, from what we're learning. By the way, you can't tell Christina any of that, so she's just going to have to get over it on her own."