Intertwined Fates 22: Engagement

Story Info
Carl has an important decision to make.
3.1k words
4.5
9.6k
00

Part 22 of the 30 part series

Updated 10/29/2022
Created 01/03/2010
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Acal
Acal
374 Followers

22: Engagement

"Carl can I talk with you for a moment?" asked a woman coming out of a room in the mansion.

"Yeah, sure. Its Maria isn't it?" asked Carl.

"Yeah," smiled Maria as she blushed. "I just wanted you to be careful with Joy and not make the same mistake I did."

"What's that?" asked Carl.

"I made a seriously rash decision. My lover was a vampire and I thought I really truly loved him, but I rushed it. If I hadn't have done that I wouldn't have found myself in the mess I put myself in," said Maria.

"What happened?" asked Carl.

"Well Marcel was the lord of the manor I worked in as a servant. He took really good care of me after my parents died. One night I found out his secret that he was a vampire. I had to keep quiet about it of course but he didn't know I knew. I got to know him better, but I should have known better then I did though. Servants never socialised with their masters let alone ever have any intimate contact," sighed Maria.

"I really thought that he might have cared for me after he started taking more notice of me. Then he told me he was a vampire. After some more time I really thought he loved me because why else would he tell me his secret. So I asked him to turn me but only a few months after things started going really wrong. It was the worst possible choice I've ever made and I've had to live with it for the last 30 years," said Maria. "Don't let Joy make a rushed or hurried decision when she's clouded by emotion. She might one day regret it."

"Thanks for the advice, Maria. I want everything to be absolutely perfect for her when the time comes," said Carl as Maria beamed a smile at him.

***

"Hey baby, are you ok?" asked Carl quietly while he hugged her.

"I'll be ok eventually, Carl," said Joy softly as she leaned into Carl resting her head against his shoulder.

"I want you to do something for me, Carl," said Joy looking up into his eyes.

"Yeah, what is baby?" asked Carl.

"You're the only important thing in my life, Carl," said Joy with a tear running down her cheek.

"Don't cry baby," said Carl, wiping her tears away.

"I love you so much, Carl. Please turn me baby," begged Joy.

"Woah, Joy.. that's a really big decision to be making," said Carl remembering what Maria said to him earlier. He winced when Joy pulled away from him with a wounded look.

"You don't want to?" asked Joy tearily.

"It's not that I don't want to, but I want you to make this decision with a clear head. Please think more on this Joy," pleaded Carl.

Joy sighed unhappily. "I don't want to force you into it Carl, so I'll wait."

"Thank you, baby," said Carl relived he brushed a kiss past her forehead and left the room.

***

"Adam I just feel so pressured over this whole mess. Joy wants me to turn her, but I don't know if I can do it. I love her but it will feel like inflicting a curse on her if she doesn't wholly accept it. I still can't completely accept it myself and she wants me to turn her. I can't even marry her like I want to," said Carl putting his hand on his forehead in exasperation.

"Things will get better. There has to be light at the end of this really long tunnel. You'll get through it Carl," said Adam.

"I hope so. Sometimes I just feel like screaming. Supposedly I'm going to kill this Vampire Queen and become the King of them all. I just don't see it even Laura could kick my ass," said Carl.

"Well Laura is a special case. Remember she kicked some centuries old guy's ass," Adam said.

"From what Russel told me about him, he was really weak and didn't take too much to overcome him," said Carl.

"Well I have to get going, Carl. Rachel wants me home soon," said Adam.

Carl grinned and said "She rides you really hard doesn't she?"

"Rachel is a taskmaster when she's pissed, so it's better to keep her happy. Meaning, I gotta go," said Adam.

"Ok, see you later then," said Carl.

After leaving the mansion Adam took his phone out and dialed a number.

"Craig here," the voice said from the phone.

"Craig, it's Adam. I need you to do a really, really big favour for me," said Adam.

"What can I do for you then, Adam?" asked Craig.

"I need you to supply some barrier charms," Adam said.

"What for? What's going on there, Adam?" asked Craig.

"My friend Carl really wants to get married to his girlfriend but he got turned into a vampire a little while ago," said Adam.

"Oh hell no Adam, you can't ask me to do that. Katherine would not be pleased with me. She'd grill my arse," said Craig.

"He's a good man. It's not his fault this happened to him," said Adam.

"He may have been a good man Adam, but he still has a demon inside him," said Craig.

"Please Craig, I know that but he doesn't let it control him. He has a much stronger will then you'd think. Please just talk to Katherine. I really want things to work out for him since things are really rough right now," said Adam almost begging.

"You know I don't like this but for a friend I'll do it. I'll talk to Katherine when she gets home," said Craig.

"Thank you so much, Craig," said Adam.

"Well, it's Katherine that has to approve it. I'm still learning everything too," said Craig.

"Thanks buddy. Call me back after you've talked with Katherine," said Adam.

"I will," said Craig.

***

"Thanks for meeting me, Carl," said Adam as Carl sat down next to him.

"No problems. So Rachel finally let you out?" chuckled Carl.

"Yeah. I just think it's that time of the month for her. I do have some good news for you though," said Adam.

"Yeah what is it?" asked Carl intrigued.

"One of the friends that I made during my time over on the west coast is a druid," said Adam.

"A druid? What exactly is that?" asked Carl.

"Well like a sorcerer but they have a direct link to nature. They can take the shape of many different animals but only the most powerful and oldest of druids can manage that. Most can only shift to one form," said Adam, "Craig can shift to a panther and a tiger, meaning he's quite skilled."

"Wow. So what's this got to do with good news?" asked Carl

"He can use a barrier spell to reflect negative energy from you so you can pass through places you normally couldn't. So that means it negates the area of consecration of holy spaces, that's why his wife threatened to well...I don't really want to repeat what she said," said Adam.

Carl chuckled then said, "That's great. So you're sure they can do this?"

"Yeah. You'll have to win over Katherine, his wife, first though. She was born a druid so for her it's like the ultimate desecration of their powers," said Adam.

"Well why is she doing it then?" asked Carl.

"Because Craig wants to help me. I asked him and he kind of owed me anyway," said Adam.

"You didn't have to do that Adam," said Carl.

"I did. You're my best friend and I hate to see you hurting. With this it will make it much easier for you to sort through your personal problems. I only want to help you, Carl. I need to tell you something and I've been waiting for the best time to tell you. I'm a werewolf now," said Adam.

Carl's eyes widened in surprise as he stuttered "How? When?"

"Rachel was the alpha female werewolf of her pack and we started seeing each other after meeting each other in a club in LA. They were the really rough sort and the alpha male was a real abusive hard-ass. Some of them got together and attacked me hoping it would weaken Rachel because she was the only one with enough power to confront the alpha," Adam told him.

"Wow, a lot has happened to you hasn't it?" asked Carl.

"Oh yeah. I'm now the alpha male of the Los Angeles werewolf pack. It was quite a battle but I got there," said Adam.

"You'll have to tell me more," said Carl.

"I will but it's quite a long story to tell. What are you going to do with Joy now?" asked Adam.

"I know exactly what I'm going to do, but I need you to do something for me first," said Carl.

"Sure, Carl, anything," said Adam.

"I need you to go to the jewellery store and pick up a ring for me. I'll call you when I'm ready," said Carl.

Adam smiled and said, "When are you going to ask her?"

"Tomorrow, after I get the ring from you," said Carl.

"Great; she's going to be so ecstatic," said Adam.

"I know she will. Hopefully it will take her out from the dark cloud she's been under the last week," said Carl.

***

'What has gotten Carl acting so chipper?' wondered Joy as she observed Carl from her seat in the large living room of the mansion. Carl strode over to her pulling a box out his pocket. Before she could ask him what it was he said "Joy, I wanted to talk to you."

"About what?" asked Joy. She gasped as Carl dropped down in front of her and held the open box out to her.

"Marry me Joy," he said staring into her eyes.

"Of course I will marry you, Carl," said Joy. Kneeling down she pulled the sparkling emerald ring from its box with trembling fingers and slipped it on her ring finger. Carl smiled, looking at her with such love in his eyes,

"It's beautiful, Carl," said Joy quietly before pulling him into passionate kiss.

Breaking the kiss Carl said to her, "I promise you, Joy, that I will turn you on our wedding night if you still want to."

Joy jumped up and said "Of course I'll still want to. I love you, Carl. Now I need to go find, Kally. We have to start getting to ready for it!" before racing out of the room.

"Congratulations, Carl," said Aaron from outside the room.

"Thanks, Aaron," said Carl getting up from the floor.

"I knew you'd figure out the best way to get her mind off things," said Aaron.

***

The next few weeks passed by quickly as Carl and Joy started preparations for their wedding. All thoughts of their troubles and enemies pushed out of their minds.

"When is your friend getting here, Adam?" asked Carl as he watched Joy talking with Kally, Laura and Rachel.

"Tomorrow. He wanted to be here a few days early, much to Katherine's displeasure," said Adam.

"She sounds like a really hard woman," said Carl.

"No, she's really sweet, but she can be hard as nails if she needs to be," said Adam.

"How did your friend come to be with her?" asked Carl.

"That's another really long story, Carl. I'll just let Craig tell you," said Adam.

"Well, that's if Katherine lets me near him. You said that she's really protective too," said Carl.

"It's a result of their bonding. He's really protective of her too," said Adam.

"Bonding?" asked Carl.

"It's really difficult to explain it but essentially a druid binds their soul to their chosen mate and the bonding allows them to share all their emotions and thoughts with each other. It also allows the druid to access powers that require that bonding with another soul. However if the druid doesn't make the right choice and doesn't learn enough about the person they intend to pick, things don't work out very well and it just plain doesn't work. Katherine understands it a whole lot better then I do," said Adam

"Well, I'll see if I can gain anymore insight into it," said Carl.

"Good luck with that, Carl," chuckled Adam.

***

"Yes Steven?" asked Laura.

"There's two people at the gates that say that their friends of Adam and they got told to come here," said Steven

"Let them in. That should be Craig and Katherine," said Laura.

"Ok, I'll be back in a moment," said Steven.

"Aaron, can you go and get Adam? His friends have arrived early," said Laura.

"Sure, I'll be right back," said Aaron.

"Adam, your friends are here," said Aaron as he found Adam talking with Carl.

"Already? They shouldn't be here until tomorrow," said Adam.

"Well they're here now. So do you want to come and meet them?" asked Aaron.

"Yeah sure," said Adam.

***

"I know you don't like this Katherine, but this is for Adam. He really helped us out remember?" said Craig, sounding frustrated Katherine winced as she felt the dagger of frustration that Craig sent at her pass through her.

"I'm sorry Craig, its just this place gives me the creeps. How can you not feel them?" asked Katherine.

"I don't know. Maybe it's because I haven't been like you long enough," said Craig.

"You may come in now," said Steven as he came back out, opening the gates.

"Thank you," said Craig scowling at Katherine's lack of manners. Steven watched them carefully as they made their way up to the house.

"You're early, Craig," said Adam drawing him into a hug.

"Yeah, Katherine had some business to take care of, so that's why were a bit early," said Craig.

"Well it's all ready for you though. I'll show you both to your room," said Adam.

"You can put our stuff away, Katherine," said Craig as Katherine glowered at him. "Or you could go and talk with, Carl." She scowled and then thumped a bag onto the large bed and unzipped it.

"Are you guys ok?" asked Adam as Craig stepped out of the room.

"Yeah, she's just in a pissy mood. So why don't you introduce me to Carl and Joy?" asked Craig.

"Sure this way," said Adam.

***

"Don't worry, Joy, they'll like you," said Carl.

"You don't have a demon living inside you."

"Don't let that get to you, Carl. It can't be helped," said Joy.

"Your right, it can't be. I just hope they can do what Adam said they could," said Carl.

"Carl, this Craig," said Adam as he approached him.

Craig extended his hand to Carl who took his hand and shook it. Craig reacted as if he had received an electric shock.

"Sorry, I don't know what happened there," apologised Craig.

"We need to talk about what you can do though. Joy wants a full church wedding and I can't get into the church without something nasty happening to me," said Carl.

"Well I don't know if it will actually work. Katherine knows a lot more on the warding and shield spells then me. But it should be effective because they surround the target with a field of negative energy like a magnet and repels the damaging negative energy surrounding the target for example the negative effect of consecrated ground to you," said Craig.

"I hope we can be friends, Craig," said Carl as Craig watched him cautiously.

"A lot of this will depend on what Katherine thinks. I'll go and find her. I'll be right back," said Craig.

***

"Hello, Katherine is it?" asked Joy as she walked into the room.

"Yes," said Katherine curtly as she looked at Joy, 'Why would she want to marry a vampire?' wondered Katherine as Joy came closer.

"I wanted to thank you for what you are doing for us. It's such a blessing to have this happen. The last few months have been terrible. My normal ordered life got completely turned upside down by a crazy power hungry woman," said Joy.

'Craig will not be happy if I don't at least sound pleased,' thought Katherine sighing. "It's ok, really," said Katherine.

Joy sensing something not quite right asked, "You are ok about this?"

Katherine couldn't resist the temptation and said "No, your fiancée is a demon. We don't consort with demons,"

Katherine's words fired Joy's blood and she said "Carl is a good man. We are most certainly not demons. Why are you even here if you think that?"

"Only because of Craig. Be thankful that Adam is his friend," spat Katherine.

Joy's eyes tightened in anger when she was about to respond a voice called out, "Katherine! What is going on here? I leave you for a few minutes to get our things packed away and you start fighting!"

Katherine rolled her eyes which earned her a glare from Joy, "Sorry, Craig."

"Apologise to Joy," said Craig.

Joy shivered as she felt the tingling brush of Craig's aura over her.

When Katherine made no motion to speak Craig continue, "If I was sure I wouldn't end up accidentally killing Carl because the charms weren't strong enough, I would have left you at home."

Katherine's eyes widened as Craig's annoyance started shifting to anger. "Just let go of this Katherine. The less you fight it the less painful it will be for you, because I'm doing it."

Joy looked to Craig amazed. Laura had just told her of what she had found on druids and that the more powerfully bonded a druid is to their partner the harder it is to disagree and from what Rachel had told her Craig and Katherine were bonded very tightly.

"Thank you, Craig," said Joy.

"You're welcome, Joy. Once Katherine gets over it, you'll find that she's a really lovely woman," said Craig. "We need to go out and talk to your friends. There's four others that need the charms right?"

"Yes," said Joy as Katherine gasped at Craig's statement.

"Katherine it's done. This is the way it's going to be. You can either help me with this or go back home. I don't want to disappoint Adam in this not after what he did for us," said Craig.

Katherine visibly shook with anger then spat out, "Fine!"

***

"Anton, what is it?" asked Michael.

"Sir I have almost pinpointed the signature sources. There are three active sources and one dulled source and they are all coming from the same area. It will be but a few days now before I can get a fixed location on their position," said Anton.

"Great work. We can finally put an end to Markus' betrayal," said Michael "Joseph get the strike team ready. We move as soon as Anton has their location."

"Of course, this is going to be fun," said Joseph.

Acal
Acal
374 Followers